FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > looking after parents

looking after parents

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uby0000 OP   Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

watched this earlier .. so sad as they wanted to stay at home but were finding it harder and the wife kept calling 999 for silly things like she was uncomfortable in her bed and the carers were not due I don't want to get old as them in eighties and wouldn't go in a care home anyone else watch it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I'd look after my parents in a heart beat so none of the above happened to them

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I didn't watch it but have lived it. It's very difficult for everyone.

By *rymeplsMan  over a year ago

manchester

I did it with mine its an awful thing to have to do

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I'd look after my parents in a heart beat so none of the above happened to them "

I hope you can manage it if it ever happens. I couldn't do it as I couldn't cope with the abuse and the violence after two years. I couldn't cope with losing work in order to manage the hospital appointments and other things. It was hard on all of us.

By *uby0000 OP   Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

this couple clearly loved each other but it was so sad

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I'd look after my parents in a heart beat so none of the above happened to them

I hope you can manage it if it ever happens. I couldn't do it as I couldn't cope with the abuse and the violence after two years. I couldn't cope with losing work in order to manage the hospital appointments and other things. It was hard on all of us.

"

It's something that I'd have to be prepared for but my parents are my world....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There's a slim chance that I will have to give up work in the near future due to my mum being ill with diabetes and in a wheelchair, my stepdad having arthritis and not being able to look after her properly, I know it will be hard but she has looked after me all my life so I guess its time to repay what she has done for me x

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

I did this for four years,wouldnt have had it any other way, but I was exhausted,i had three children at home and a part time job,it also changed my relationship with my Dad,it was very hard realising he wasn't the strong man I adored as a child,and they do get abusive,they always take it out on you,it can be very frustrating for both of you

Did it for my sister,I'll do it for my mum. We would never have her going into a home but there are enough of us to share the responsibility if she gets very ill

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I lost my mum 11 years ago she was only 56 she had a fear of hospitals and hospices wr cared for her at home. My dad is now 73 and we would do the same again. Although I feel for anyone who has a parent with altzimers as that is not easy.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

The real problems happen when they expect something you can't give and won't accept what you can offer.

So, so hard on all levels for everyone.

By *o-jCouple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

This is something I'm about to start doing .

looking after parents..with dementia..is no easy feat..and we all say no to going into care..unless you have lived it..you will say that..putting in care..you know they will be safe and looked after..i love my dad..but no guilt here..he is happy in his world and at the end of the day..he gets all he needs..its a hard one for all to cope with.x

» Add a new message to this topic