FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Biting nails

Biting nails

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *alldarkhandsomedave OP   Man  over a year ago

Derby

Why is it you bite your nails, nibbling that last bit, knowing it's going to hurt like hell...?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Lack of self-control?

Get some hypnosis and stop nail biting in an instant. I've done it for a few things, always works the trick.

Keep some stuff in your man bag, such as clippers, scissors, files etc and then you can start an alternative approach to keeping your nails well managed.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Get some of that anti bite stuff to put on them you will only do it once then.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"Lack of self-control?

Get some hypnosis and stop nail biting in an instant. I've done it for a few things, always works the trick.

Keep some stuff in your man bag, such as clippers, scissors, files etc and then you can start an alternative approach to keeping your nails well managed. "

I wish the hypnosis thing worked for me but I've tried it and it doesn't. I'm too much of a control freak, I think.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

To avoid the pain why not try biting other people's nails?

"To avoid the pain why not try biting other people's nails?"

This.

You could always be of service to your community too as I'm sure there are some local tramps that could do with a manicure.

Karma points too!

I can't stand it when someone bites their nails. I'd have to slap you Stop biting them!!

"I can't stand it when someone bites their nails. I'd have to slap you Stop biting them!!"

Please come and visit!

I am desperately trying to stop biting my nails but nothing - even the nasty tasting stuff - is working. I'm too much of a stress monkey.

"I can't stand it when someone bites their nails. I'd have to slap you Stop biting them!!

Please come and visit!

I am desperately trying to stop biting my nails but nothing - even the nasty tasting stuff - is working. I'm too much of a stress monkey."

Might be futile but try a gel manicure. They can put them on really short nails with tips and I stopped, they looked so nice. Took me 30 years to stop!

Good old-fashioned willpower! Just waiting for my pinky fingernails to grow now!

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I bit my nails off for the first time in three years about 3 weeks ago. I only revert to it when I'm really, really nervous. They're growing back though; I can recommend knitting since it keeps both hands busy. I use the same tactic to not scratch a healing tattoo.

"I can't stand it when someone bites their nails. I'd have to slap you Stop biting them!!

Please come and visit!

I am desperately trying to stop biting my nails but nothing - even the nasty tasting stuff - is working. I'm too much of a stress monkey.

Might be futile but try a gel manicure. They can put them on really short nails with tips and I stopped, they looked so nice. Took me 30 years to stop!"

I stopped a few years ago and was really pleased. Then I went through a rough patch and started again.

I've not been able to stop since.

I've had acrylic nails. They stop me biting because I physically can't but I start again as soon as they are removed. The also damage the real nail.

I might try a gel mani though, thanks. I'm so embarrassed by them.

I have to put false ones on for meets, which takes ages and is a right pain.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Boxing gloves work - every time you start to move your hand to your mouth, hit yourself in the gob.

Re. hypnosis - some people are just not that good at giving it. I've worked with an outstanding therapist, so been lucky. Someone I know went to this terrible woman in Brum (gave me a cd copy of the session) and I was staggered at how bad she was at it.

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"Why is it you bite your nails, nibbling that last bit, knowing it's going to hurt like hell...?! "
do you bite your toe nails too?

"Boxing gloves work - every time you start to move your hand to your mouth, hit yourself in the gob.

Re. hypnosis - some people are just not that good at giving it. I've worked with an outstanding therapist, so been lucky. Someone I know went to this terrible woman in Brum (gave me a cd copy of the session) and I was staggered at how bad she was at it."

I've tried more than one therapist. I'm just not easily susceptible to hypnosis, if at all.

Please come and visit!

Might be futile but try a gel manicure. They can put them on really short nails with tips and I stopped, they looked so nice. Took me 30 years to stop!

I stopped a few years ago and was really pleased. Then I went through a rough patch and started again.

I've had acrylic nails. They stop me biting because I physically can't but I start again as soon as they are removed. The also damage the real nail.

I have to put false ones on for meets, which takes ages and is a right pain."

The gel that you soak off is a bit kinder as they're not filing the surface of your nails every time like they do with acrylic. Worth a shot, if it doesn't work you will have decent nails for a while.,know what you mean, I was also very ashamed and would hide my hands when id gone particularly mental on them.

Please come and visit!

I have to put false ones on for meets, which takes ages and is a right pain.

The gel that you soak off is a bit kinder as they're not filing the surface of your nails every time like they do with acrylic. Worth a shot, if it doesn't work you will have decent nails for a while.,know what you mean, I was also very ashamed and would hide my hands when id gone particularly mental on them."

I chew mine worse than anyone else I've ever seen. I jokingly say I chew them almost to my elbows but it does seem like that sometimes.

They look dreadful.

I used to bite mine for over twenty years last oct I got acrylics and started getting addicted to nail varnish lol so had my acrylics of and not bit them since. Ive heard gels nails are good and also you can get bitter stuff to paintt on your nails to stop you. X

I don't mean to be a right bastard. But, i can't stand it when people bite their nails. Makes the hair on my body stand and makes me cringe.

...i know many do it out of nerves and some may do it out of habit. But, ffs don't do it. It's not good!

"I can't stand it when someone bites their nails. I'd have to slap you Stop biting them!!"

"I don't mean to be a right bastard. But, i can't stand it when people bite their nails. Makes the hair on my body stand and makes me cringe.

...i know many do it out of nerves and some may do it out of habit. But, ffs don't do it. It's not good!

"

I know it's not good and I wish I didn't do it! I can't stop!!!!!!!

"I don't mean to be a right bastard. But, i can't stand it when people bite their nails. Makes the hair on my body stand and makes me cringe.

I know it's not good and I wish I didn't do it! I can't stop!!!!!!! "

I had to stop myself from ranting!!

...just bloody stop it!!

...just bloody stop it!!

"

I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!

...just bloody stop it!!

I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Don't nake me get a return ticket and clip your nails!!

I'd always biten my nails till a few yrs ago, then I had an altercation with a door, and had two fingers strapped up for weeks, ment I couldn't bite the one either side either, as when I did I'd hit the ends of the sore ones. 3 weeks like this and I had four nice looking nails, and thumb wasn't too bad either, so then got the finger bandages, and did 1 at a time on the other hand. X

By *alldarkhandsomedave OP   Man  over a year ago

Derby

Well I am glad it's not just me...!

But maybe I best keep a look out for someone beating me if caught in public!!

"Get some of that anti bite stuff to put on them you will only do it once then. "

Often known as horse manure.

» Add a new message to this topic