FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The thrill of being popular

The thrill of being popular

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The following seem to be true in the world of swinging:

Women are highly sought after

Men have to work hard(er) to stand out

So ladies, with so many men falling over each other in order to convince/impress/tempt/seduce/deceive you, into giving them a go....and knowing how easy can be, relatively speaking, to have sex with good looking men, do you ever feel the thrill is diluted somewhat...?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would imagine the quality of those you're popular with is vastly more important than the quantity.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I've never been popular so wouldn't know!

Does it apply to fists?

I have 357unread messages in my in box

It makes me feel popular

But it's an online site so people will try butter you up won't they

But

I go for personality so if that's not there who cares how hot you are physically

"I have 357unread messages in my in box

It makes me feel popular

But it's an online site so people will try butter you up won't they

But

I go for personality so if that's not there who cares how hot you are physically "

And the thrill is always there lol

I've been asked recently to cam. I don't cam. So he asked if I'd travel to meet him.

410 miles. And he's outside my age range by several years.

Who is expected to work hard(er)? lol

By *affy72Woman  over a year ago

Herefordshire

"I would imagine the quality of those you're popular with is vastly more important than the quantity."

Definitely this!

"I've been asked recently to cam. I don't cam. So he asked if I'd travel to meet him.

Who is expected to work hard(er)? lol"

He doesn't want much pmsl

Because sleeping with beautiful women gets so tiresome?

It's all mock affection

Intelligent women aren't flattered at all by a deluge of mail from admirers.

Even the faceless profiles get messages of love and desire

"I would imagine the quality of those you're popular with is vastly more important than the quantity."

I think that probably goes for most folk not suffering from esteem issues - having their needs met in the best possible way.

I just wonder...with the availability of so much pleasure...does one become...a little desensitised or less excited by it all?

I don't see it as being popular,its purely a numbers game,I expect that half the men that message me have said the same thing to 100s of other women,I doubt they even remember who they message on a day to day basis

Its not about me as a person its because they want sex and I have the right equipment for them to have it

Having said that,among all of this there are some truly lovely people that ive met so its not something that spoils any time I spend on here,Im just very realistic about the reasons I get lots of attention

"Because sleeping with beautiful women gets so tiresome? "
believe me there wouldnt be much sleeping going on

No. The best way to keep it exciting here is to only have sex with men I find interesting and exciting. It's quite simple really. The fact that I have, as you say, relatively good looking men to choose from is down to them. I kind of get the feeling there is an inference that we are not worthy of such men? In my life off of here my regular men range from hot/sexy to woo fucking hoo! Seriously hot/sexy, so you may have a point

"It's all mock affection

Even the faceless profiles get messages of love and desire"

Always made me laugh when I first joined and my pics hadn't been approved but I'd still get the messages telling me how gorgeous I look!

"It's all mock affection

so true

"No. The best way to keep it exciting here is to only have sex with men I find interesting and exciting. It's quite simple really. The fact that I have, as you say, relatively good looking men to choose from is down to them. I kind of get the feeling there is an inference that we are not worthy of such men? In my life off of here my regular men range from hot/sexy to woo fucking hoo! Seriously hot/sexy, so you may have a point "

Oh nothing to do with worthiness at all. More to do with the vast supply...sex on tap...does it taste as good when it's always there?

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I don't seek to be popular...I'm happy just being me

"I would imagine the quality of those you're popular with is vastly more important than the quantity.

I think that probably goes for most folk not suffering from esteem issues - having their needs met in the best possible way.

I just wonder...with the availability of so much pleasure...does one become...a little desensitised or less excited by it all?"

Possibly, but I see it this way, its understood women gets a vast amount of these sorts of messages from single males

'hi'

'how are u?'

'fancy meeting up?'

'id love fuk and cum up your ars'

I'd rather have a mostly empty inbox, with just one well written mail from a good looking woman, who clearly likes me and my profile, than an inbox packed with that kind of shit.

" I kind of get the feeling there is an inference that we are not worthy of such men?"

I actually get told I don't deserve hot men quite often! No inference, an outright statement.

I just think how lovely life is if I can get things I don't deserve

"It's all mock affection

This! Very astute comment.

"I would imagine the quality of those you're popular with is vastly more important than the quantity.

I just wonder...with the availability of so much pleasure...does one become...a little desensitised or less excited by it all?

Possibly, but I see it this way, its understood women gets a vast amount of these sorts of messages from single males

'hi'

'how are u?'

'fancy meeting up?'

I'd rather have a mostly empty inbox, with just one well written mail from a good looking woman, who clearly likes me and my profile, than an inbox packed with that kind of shit."

I fully agree.

A man (who may be truly genuine, sensitive, attractive and courteous) may need to write 10s if not 100s of messages in order to find a lady....

A lady (who may also be totally wonderful) will need to send far fewer...

That sense of elation when you've organised a meet, after all of your efforts... If it's not there...does it take something away from the journey?

"It's all mock affection

Of course - and respectful people even may offer flattering compliments even when they decline an offer - but that's what I'm asking/wondering..

"No. The best way to keep it exciting here is to only have sex with men I find interesting and exciting. It's quite simple really. The fact that I have, as you say, relatively good looking men to choose from is down to them. I kind of get the feeling there is an inference that we are not worthy of such men? In my life off of here my regular men range from hot/sexy to woo fucking hoo! Seriously hot/sexy, so you may have a point

Oh nothing to do with worthiness at all. More to do with the vast supply...sex on tap...does it taste as good when it's always there? "

every man I fuck is worthy of me It may always be here but that doesn't mean it's on tap. And yes,when I have found the man who excites me it tastes very good

I just wonder...with the availability of so much pleasure...does one become...a little desensitised or less excited by it all?"

are you assuming that fat women have esteem issues?

'hi'

'how are u?'

'fancy meeting up?'

I'd rather have a mostly empty inbox, with just one well written mail from a good looking woman, who clearly likes me and my profile, than an inbox packed with that kind of shit.

I fully agree.

A man (who may be truly genuine, sensitive, attractive and courteous) may need to write 10s if not 100s of messages in order to find a lady....

That sense of elation when you've organised a meet, after all of your efforts... If it's not there...does it take something away from the journey?

"

No, arranging a meet with someone I am attracted to is always exciting.

Even if lots of men want to meet me, (and I'm not saying they do), a lot aren't what I am looking for.

Getting interest may not be difficult but sifting through it all to find the ones that I want to meet takes work. That feels worthwhile when I find someone I think is hot.

'hi'

'how are u?'

'fancy meeting up?'

I fully agree.

"

If he's truly discerning and knows what he wants then he won't be writing hundreds of mails - over the years perhaps, but not over the course of several weeks, that's where many guys sell themselves short on here. Remember that women aren't doing you a favour when they reply to your mails and agree to meet you, you're establishing some form of swinging relationship because its what you BOTH want, you're BOTH looking for a little fun, friendship and sexual excitement from one another.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I don't seek to be popular...I'm happy just being me "

this... and I think this applies to both men and women....

I think being pragmatic helps... after all I think the thing you need to accept rather quickly is that you are not going to appeal to everyone so why try!

those is like me, like me..... those who don't, don't!

I know which ones I am going to focus on!!!

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"I don't see it as being popular,its purely a numbers game,I expect that half the men that message me have said the same thing to 100s of other women,I doubt they even remember who they message on a day to day basis

Its not about me as a person its because they want sex and I have the right equipment for them to have it

Having said that,among all of this there are some truly lovely people that ive met so its not something that spoils any time I spend on here,Im just very realistic about the reasons I get lots of attention "

this!!!

are you assuming that fat women have esteem issues? "

That's not how I read it.

I think he's saying most people take no notice of the flattery but appreciate what seems to be honest interest whereas people with esteem issues, regardless of their size, may feel different.

are you assuming that fat women have esteem issues? "

I'm assuming that unless someone suffers from low self esteem, quality of meets trumps quantity

"It's all mock affection

this!!!

It takes more then looks to make a lovely man or woman here on fab. Its one small part . Fab is a small part of my life and what makes me who i am as a person has very little to do with how others see me I have high self esteem and very happy with my life.If people let this go to there head more fool them as most say it to everyone here to get in there pants.

I'm assuming that unless someone suffers from low self esteem, quality of meets trumps quantity"

oh right. I understand now and of course it does. You can't tell if a meet will be quality until you meet though

I'm assuming that unless someone suffers from low self esteem, quality of meets trumps quantity"

Actually, at the times my self-esteem is wobbly, a lot of interest and flattery makes me feel worse about myself whereas compliments that seem sincere make me feel better.

Even for people with poor self-esteem quality can trump quantity.

'hi'

'how are u?'

'fancy meeting up?'

I fully agree.

If he's truly discerning and knows what he wants then he won't be writing hundreds of mails - over the years perhaps, but not over the course of several weeks, that's where many guys sell themselves short on here. Remember that women aren't doing you a favour when they reply to your mails and agree to meet you, you're establishing some form of swinging relationship because its what you BOTH want, you're BOTH looking for a little fun, friendship and sexual excitement from one another. "

I agree with that too.

Funnily I think this thought came as a result of a discussion I had with a friend last night, on the value of money, and the idea that when more is printed, overall it loses it's value.

May be the two things aren't equitable and supply and demand dynamics are different when it comes to NSA...

With popularity becomes notoriety and I'd rather be in the shadows of notoriety..we all can't please people with who we are as individuals as long as we are pleasing ourselves in life then that's all that matters

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

I just wonder...with the availability of so much pleasure...does one become...a little desensitised or less excited by it all?..........

"

Ah, but you can also get a sense of elation at having sifted through hundreds of deceivers and pretenders to identify the genuine article!!

Yes, it's like being in the sweet shop of your dreams when you arrive here. Yes, some of us over that after a while and start to think - 'Hmm, know what, I actually want something more fulfilling anyway.'

Oh I have never been flattered or affirmed by the 'fuk me now' messages from the legions of bottom feeders out there, but do I still get a kick when some drop dead gorgeous intelligent educated guy hits on me? You bet, every single time, I was off the market for 20 years!

By *oveSlutForUseCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"The following seem to be true in the world of swinging:

So ladies, with so many men falling over each other in order to convince/impress/tempt/seduce/deceive you, into giving them a go....and knowing how easy can be, relatively speaking, to have sex with good looking men, do you ever feel the thrill is diluted somewhat...?"

More popular, yes, but you have to remember, 99% of the emails we get are from complete tossers who are wanking with one hand, writing 3 words with the other and haven't even glanced at the profile notes.

"

I just wonder...with the availability of so much pleasure...does one become...a little desensitised or less excited by it all?..........

Ah, but you can also get a sense of elation at having sifted through hundreds of deceivers and pretenders to identify the genuine article!!

Yes, it's like being in the sweet shop of your dreams when you arrive here. Yes, some of us over that after a while and start to think - 'Hmm, know what, I actually want something more fulfilling anyway.'

Oh I have never been flattered or affirmed by the 'fuk me now' messages from the legions of bottom feeders out there, but do I still get a kick when some drop dead gorgeous intelligent educated guy hits on me? You bet, every single time, I was off the market for 20 years!

"

Agree

"

"

Aha! This I like...thank you x

...Up on the Downs

"

Aha! This I like...thank you x"

Prego.

"Funnily I think this thought came as a result of a discussion I had with a friend last night, on the value of money, and the idea that when more is printed, overall it loses it's value.

May be the two things aren't equitable and supply and demand dynamics are different when it comes to NSA..."

There'll always be a demand for good quality male swingers, they'll just have to push harder through the crowd the more packed it gets - ladies can of course, make finding such guys quicker and easier if they're willing to look for them in the crowd too rather than just waiting for the guys to come to them.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm not sure if I qualify for popular or notorious.

I get about 100 messages a day, sometimes 200, not always meet requests, but a lot are.

It's flattering as I'm either doing something right, or just like cock and have a pulse plus my own teeth, but it is also hard work.

As VV mentioned, a lot of messages are from guys wanting things like cam, are miles away or just outside what I'm looking for. However, all messages require answering and a polite explanation of when I am free and so on.

So ladies, with so many men falling over each other in order to convince/impress/tempt/seduce/deceive you, into giving them a go....and knowing how easy can be, relatively speaking, to have sex with good looking men, do you ever feel the thrill is diluted somewhat...?

More popular, yes, but you have to remember, 99% of the emails we get are from complete tossers who are wanking with one hand, writing 3 words with the other and haven't even glanced at the profile notes."

To be fair, wanking and typing at the same time does require some level of dexterity

I don't need to read any further, and I usually read the whole thread before commenting but this says it all. Plus I'm off out on a long training walk

"Funnily I think this thought came as a result of a discussion I had with a friend last night, on the value of money, and the idea that when more is printed, overall it loses it's value.

May be the two things aren't equitable and supply and demand dynamics are different when it comes to NSA...

There'll always be a demand for good quality male swingers, they'll just have to push harder through the crowd the more packed it gets - ladies can of course, make finding such guys quicker and easier if they're willing to look for them in the crowd too rather than just waiting for the guys to come to them."

quality stands out a mile

"It's all mock affection

Agreed.

That said, if the 'less intelligent' women are flattered and it makes them feel good....so what.

People will take from this site what they personally want or need. Many will believe what they want to believe.

There'll always be a demand for good quality male swingers, they'll just have to push harder through the crowd the more packed it gets - ladies can of course, make finding such guys quicker and easier if they're willing to look for them in the crowd too rather than just waiting for the guys to come to them.

quality stands out a mile "

It's a rush when someone I think is hot is also interested in me.

"It's all mock affection

Spot on, the key word is 'intelligent' unfortunately there are certain people who start to believe their own hype and start acting like Divas, hence the aggressive, demanding, shouty, and needy profiles that we see on here

"With popularity becomes notoriety and I'd rather be in the shadows of notoriety..we all can't please people with who we are as individuals as long as we are pleasing ourselves in life then that's all that matters "

Completely agree with this x I get hate mail from women, veri chasers, people stealing my pics , setting up fake account - but I still enjoy being popular - although not looking at the moment so get far far less messages x

...Up on the Downs

"

Spot on, the key word is 'intelligent' unfortunately there are certain people who start to believe their own hype and start acting like Divas, hence the aggressive, demanding, shouty, and needy profiles that we see on here "

I saw a good one on facebook the other day, illustrated by the classic 50's pin-up in a seductive ballgown, twirling her pearls with one finger...it said:

I'm not needy, I'm wanty!!!

"I don't see it as being popular,its purely a numbers game,I expect that half the men that message me have said the same thing to 100s of other women,I doubt they even remember who they message on a day to day basis

Having said that,among all of this there are some truly lovely people that ive met so its not something that spoils any time I spend on here,Im just very realistic about the reasons I get lots of attention "

Intelligence is so attractive.

Some here think if they post and get over a 100 on their forums as being being popular its Power in their pen and its nothing to do with pics or how they look why others with to meet its others wishing to fit in.

By *rtemisiaWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

So ladies, with so many men falling over each other in order to convince/impress/tempt/seduce/deceive you, into giving them a go....and knowing how easy can be, relatively speaking, to have sex with good looking men, do you ever feel the thrill is diluted somewhat...?"

It's always nice to be admired, but I don't bother answering the many messages which say 'nice tits wouldn't mind a go on those', or 'I wanna shoot my load all over your face' or 'fancy a shag' etc. My heart also sinks at text speak. A message with non cheesy humour and some originality, plus a good face, is likely to get a reply.

"

Spot on, the key word is 'intelligent' unfortunately there are certain people who start to believe their own hype and start acting like Divas, hence the aggressive, demanding, shouty, and needy profiles that we see on here

I saw a good one on facebook the other day, illustrated by the classic 50's pin-up in a seductive ballgown, twirling her pearls with one finger...it said:

I'm not needy, I'm wanty!!!

"

I am soooo stealing that!

not that many attractive men contact me mostly average looking men, if like me you were interested in old men and havnt been treated very nice by them or your partners not that interested in sex then it can cheer you up when you get nice messages, from nice people.

because they are being friendly, even if you dont meet for sex.

"It's all mock affection

Smart guy.

This is an excellent point , and the simple answer from us is that now and again it does get a bit less exciting .

When this happens we take a break , sometimes just a week or two , then back we come reinvigorated and ready for more !

If someone gets their thrill from being popular. They got their priorities a bit wrong. To me. That seems a bit too needy - people like that need to get their heads out of their arses.

...to be honest. I know a few on fab and outside of fab who seem to want all the attention they can get. On the face of it all they appear to be top of the world but when they talk to me it seems as though they're the most unhappiest people in the world and that things never seem to not go their way.

Like what did they expect if you're going to be seeking false gratitude through popularity. Just be happy as you are. A lot may like you, many may resent you - but you just got to do what keeps you chirpy!

yes i have had lots of messages when i had no pictures at all, they must have a vivid imagination on here

when i was on dating site i actualy met a few men without seeing their face pic and they didnt see mine either, i met one nice one, and then a few who werent my type, so wouldnt do that again.

Not all women have men falling over to meet them. Some women understand that some men will say and do anything to get a fuck.

"With popularity becomes notoriety and I'd rather be in the shadows of notoriety..we all can't please people with who we are as individuals as long as we are pleasing ourselves in life then that's all that matters "
aww come sit with me in the corner we can observe xx

"Not all women have men falling over to meet them. Some women understand that some men will say and do anything to get a fuck. "

and some are silly enough to fall for it x

my hubbys the same, always been extra nice to me when he wants a bit of sex.

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"If someone gets their thrill from being popular. They got their priorities a bit wrong. To me. That seems a bit too needy - people like that need to get their heads out of their arses.

...to be honest. I know a few on fab and outside of fab who seem to want all the attention they can get. On the face of it all they appear to be top of the world but when they talk to me it seems as though they're the most unhappiest people in the world and that things never seem to not go their way.

Like what did they expect if you're going to be seeking false gratitude through popularity. Just be happy as you are. A lot may like you, many may resent you - but you just got to do what keeps you chirpy!

"

you deff have an older head on younger shoulders! And no, i don't mean that in a patronizing way ... Just proves age, and maturity have two different things going on! You carry on being your chirpy self Pops!

"With popularity becomes notoriety and I'd rather be in the shadows of notoriety..we all can't please people with who we are as individuals as long as we are pleasing ourselves in life then that's all that matters aww come sit with me in the corner we can observe xx"

I'll want to do naughty things to you

Black&White Utopia

I feel its keeping a perspective of things, some obviosly don't... many do! We are all different and nothing written in stone

"If someone gets their thrill from being popular. They got their priorities a bit wrong. To me. That seems a bit too needy - people like that need to get their heads out of their arses.

you deff have an older head on younger shoulders! And no, i don't mean that in a patronizing way ... Just proves age, and maturity have two different things going on! You carry on being your chirpy self Pops! "

You flirting with me again?

Black&White Utopia

you deff have an older head on younger shoulders! And no, i don't mean that in a patronizing way ... Just proves age, and maturity have two different things going on! You carry on being your chirpy self Pops!

You flirting with me again?

"

Damn!!! Sussed! Lol

By *innamonMoundsWoman  over a year ago

DULWICH

The thrill would only diluted if he's not good at sex. So far I have been lucky here.

"With popularity becomes notoriety and I'd rather be in the shadows of notoriety..we all can't please people with who we are as individuals as long as we are pleasing ourselves in life then that's all that matters aww come sit with me in the corner we can observe xx

I'll want to do naughty things to you "

nobody will see us were in the corner come here lol xx

" I feel its keeping a perspective of things, some obviosly don't... many do! We are all different and nothing written in stone "

Well said you xxx We cant please everyone and being true to who we are is a Big thing to me ... I will not say things just to fit in ... and will not do things to fit in . I like to think i am a good person too .

"With popularity becomes notoriety and I'd rather be in the shadows of notoriety..we all can't please people with who we are as individuals as long as we are pleasing ourselves in life then that's all that matters aww come sit with me in the corner we can observe xx

I'll want to do naughty things to you nobody will see us were in the corner come here lol xx"

On my way which way to fife x

I'll want to do naughty things to you nobody will see us were in the corner come here lol xx

On my way which way to fife x "

lol ooo have you pulled , I love Scotland its well worth a trip xxx

this

some people will be popular because of the way they look even if they arent nice people and some are popular because they go out of their way to get peoples to like them.

"

This is an excellent point , and the simple answer from us is that now and again it does get a bit less exciting .

When this happens we take a break , sometimes just a week or two , then back we come reinvigorated and ready for more !

"

Interesting, and probably the perspective that fits most closely to my own.

Not that it makes it any more valid than any other viewpoint expressed on here!!

"It's all mock affection

So so true ! I am inundated and have no public photos and a lot of the emails say really love your profile blah blah I don't have a lot of information on my profile so what is there to love ? I'm really bad as I keep thinking need to redo profile and say more about me and then I keep thinking why bother I don't even think it even gets read !! And I believe the guys copy and paste the same message to lots of women at the same time . But I can see why when they struggle to get replies ...

Phew I am pleased that is off my chest !

I'll want to do naughty things to you nobody will see us were in the corner come here lol xx

On my way which way to fife x lol ooo have you pulled , I love Scotland its well worth a trip xxx"

a nice holiday on your boat would be good too

On my way which way to fife x lol ooo have you pulled , I love Scotland its well worth a trip xxx a nice holiday on your boat would be good too "

ok Miss chops can come too . xx fab on the water and them little sailors hats can look cute ,

Black&White Utopia

"some people will be popular because of the way they look even if they arent nice people and some are popular because they go out of their way to get peoples to like them."
yeap so true! Seen it many times, once the beauty goes, they aint even got a plan B! Me? I obvi blessed with everything!! Ho hum such a chore at times! Lmfao

"some people will be popular because of the way they look even if they arent nice people and some are popular because they go out of their way to get peoples to like them. yeap so true! Seen it many times, once the beauty goes, they aint even got a plan B! Me? I obvi blessed with everything!! Ho hum such a chore at times! Lmfao "

I like you at least.

On my way which way to fife x lol ooo have you pulled , I love Scotland its well worth a trip xxx a nice holiday on your boat would be good too ok Miss chops can come too . xx fab on the water and them little sailors hats can look cute , "

aww i a loved it on the broads, your so lucky

On my way which way to fife x lol ooo have you pulled , I love Scotland its well worth a trip xxx a nice holiday on your boat would be good too ok Miss chops can come too . xx fab on the water and them little sailors hats can look cute , aww i a loved it on the broads, your so lucky "

Well to know it .. is to love it . A lot don't and i am glad as can go miles a see no one . lol

Black&White Utopia

"some people will be popular because of the way they look even if they arent nice people and some are popular because they go out of their way to get peoples to like them. yeap so true! Seen it many times, once the beauty goes, they aint even got a plan B! Me? I obvi blessed with everything!! Ho hum such a chore at times! Lmfao

I like you at least.

"

jeee thanks pops! ( you flirting wiv me again?!! )

Thats why women are so fussie here as here are loads of men and very boring for me lol x.

"some people will be popular because of the way they look even if they arent nice people and some are popular because they go out of their way to get peoples to like them. yeap so true! Seen it many times, once the beauty goes, they aint even got a plan B! Me? I obvi blessed with everything!! Ho hum such a chore at times! Lmfao

I like you at least.

jeee thanks pops! ( you flirting wiv me again?!! ) "

Is it working? You feeling popular yet? Haha

i dont no what popular is lol

"I've been asked recently to cam. I don't cam. So he asked if I'd travel to meet him.

Black&White Utopia

I like you at least.

jeee thanks pops! ( you flirting wiv me again?!! )

Is it working? You feeling popular yet? Haha

"

lmfao! You propa made my day!

Lol, fair point!

Who is expected to work hard(er)? lol

Lol, fair point!"

Anyone can have unrealistic expectations. I suppose if you don't ask, there's no chance anyone will say yes.

I've contacted a few guys that sort of distance away but only when I've been willing to travel to them and when I fit their preferences.

And I'd never message anyone and ask to cam if their profile said they don't cam.

I guess we all have to learn what works for us.

» Add a new message to this topic