FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > St George's Day

St George's Day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rtemisia OP   Woman  over a year ago

Norwich

I wonder why we don't celebrate this much. Does anyone enjoy celebrating being English, or is pride understated and best left quiet?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I wonder why we don't celebrate this much. Does anyone enjoy celebrating being English, or is pride understated and best left quiet?"

Im proud to be English although my ancestors originate from Scotland with Welsh and Irish thrown in. Im proper British lol

I've always wondered this, St Patricks day is huge everywhere, although I think that is just an excuse to drink

Norwich

"I wonder why we don't celebrate this much. Does anyone enjoy celebrating being English, or is pride understated and best left quiet?

Im proud to be English although my ancestors originate from Scotland with Welsh and Irish thrown in. Im proper British lol"

I have Spanish, Irish, Ukranian Jewish, New Zealander and English in me. Not all at the same time of course! They form an orderly queue...

Is it because no one really believed in dragons ?

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

Well when you have won first prize in the lottery of life there is no need to make a huge song and dance about it.

By *iaFlashCouple  over a year ago

walsall

where we live, we have parades round the towns to celebrate st georges day, just depends on the area and enthusiasm of the local people i guess

I drove past one pub yesterday and they have dropped the price of a pint (bitter) to £1.50 for St. George's day. I think they could be onto a winner. Shame it's not my day off........

On the other hand I can have a few this evening

"Is it because no one really believed in dragons ? "

are you saying they did'nt exist

Norwich

"Well when you have won first prize in the lottery of life there is no need to make a huge song and dance about it. "

I think it does have a lot to do with it. However, the Americans go nuts over the 4th of July. Our imperialist past is an embarrassment to us now and of course still accounts for so much of our wealth and status as a nation. Still, we must be the only nation which worries about rubbing other's noses in our success.

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

who's embarrassed? I'm not. If you compare our Imperial past with other Empires I think we didn't make too bad a hash of it. And if we were such nasty barstewards as some hand-wringing types would apologise for... how come so many former colonies joined the Commonwealth?

By *atietvsheffTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

Dragons do exist , when I got married to the damsel I should have remembered the old adage to look at her mother as that's what "she will grow in to" ......... I didn't just divorce just my wife ..............., I got rid of the fucking lot of her family .........

"Is it because no one really believed in dragons ?

are you saying they did'nt exist "

of course they exist i went to the zoo and they have komodo dragons and one of my friends had a bearded dragon might not be big scary fire breathing dragons but they're dragons none the less

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I think being English got subverted by the flag being used by racists. Reclaim it and be proud.

I am not English but we don't have a British day.

Happy St George's Day

OAF AAF

» Add a new message to this topic