FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > disgust at Ann summers

disgust at Ann summers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exxifun5 OP   Couple  over a year ago

NORWICH

I have always been able To walk into the store and browse through and select my size.

This week I went in and the store had changed on the racks were only sizes 6 to 14 and a few size 18 . I then spoke to the assistant and asked about the larger sizes and got told .. oh we find since I took over as manager they dont sell so well so we keep them out the back, but you will find some larger sizes feel free to browse and if you like something I will check to see if we have it in stock .. to prove my point I went through every outfit and underwear selection and they did not have one item in a size 20 !!!! I left feeling really intimidated and extremely fat. Dont think I will be going back but will be emailing head office . Has anyone else found this an issue in ann summers or is it just my local store and new manager ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I gave up looking in their for anything but holdups and lube. Last time I went they were out of cherry lube and lace top holdups in xl

"I gave up looking in their for anything but holdups and lube. Last time I went they were out of cherry lube and lace top holdups in xl "

there *

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i have always thought they only went up to a size 18 to be honest.

The one in Peterborough has also stopped stocking larger sizes.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I would imagine they will carry the sizes that sell and not have wasted stock.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Ann Summers stuff always looks cheap to me. Better off buying stuff from Lovehoney or Ebay.

By *iss Rude GirlCouple  over a year ago

Hull

Don't have an issue with their store sizes as I tend to buy online but the quality of their outfits and vibes has really gone downhill. I've been a customer for 20 years but I've jumped ship try Lovehoney...I haven't been disappointed yet.

My local one only seems to have smaller sizes lately too. And no bigger bras ever! You can buy them online though x

Im not the same size as you so havn't noticed but I think thats appalling

They should have a selection of sizes that each garment is available in to select from freely and without having to ask for it

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"I gave up looking in their for anything but holdups and lube. Last time I went they were out of cherry lube and lace top holdups in xl

there *"

Their there..

I guess it is just supply and demand

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I found the underwear doesn't fit or flatter my figure so prefer to get mine from other shops - debenhams or bravissimo when I'm flush and asda when I'm not. Asda have baby dolls and go up to fairly large sizes.

NORWICH

I have always had such a good experience in my store and stocking certain ranges upto size 24.. have been looking on love honey today and have been impressed just find difficult to buy online as I have huge boobs and difficult to judge fit without trying on x

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I have always had such a good experience in my store and stocking certain ranges upto size 24.. have been looking on love honey today and have been impressed just find difficult to buy online as I have huge boobs and difficult to judge fit without trying on x "

They do free returns.

"I gave up looking in their for anything but holdups and lube. Last time I went they were out of cherry lube and lace top holdups in xl

there *

Their there.. "

A lot of their stuff like peephole sets and dresses now only go to large..

Due to my height I.prefer an XL...

And there are not many 18 or 20 in stock on floor.

Bizarrely, the sale rail was full of small or 10s.. Loads of them.

Pity they dont do delivery to store...

Oh no x youre not fat.

Plenty of other places to look.

NORWICH

Well we are now having a browse at love honey and going by toms reaction at the dresses ... I think onto a good thing lol ... bit I will still be emailing ann summers my thoughts as it really ruined my shopping experience .. on the plus side Im joining slimmimg world this week lol x

"Ann Summers stuff always looks cheap to me. Better off buying stuff from Lovehoney or Ebay."

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I only buy from Ann Summers online if there is a sale and some items go up to a 24. That's just because there is no longer a store in my town.

I do prefer to buy from Lovehoney now x

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I personally thing ann summers has gone downhill anyway as there is a lot better outfits on other sites on line without you even having to deal with the embarrassment

Good luck luv

xx

The 1 in Peterborough made me feel really uncomfortable last time I went in, average UK woman is a size 14-16, yet 16 was the largest stock available, and bras 38 was the highest chest measurement, and the knickers for the sets, we're either thongs, or cheap nasty scratchy material. Also the last time I ordered on line, I paid for the next day delivery, on a weds, nothing showed up Thursday, rang them and got told would b with me Friday, but wouldn't refund the express payment, nothing arrived Friday, had ended up bein sent to Aberdeen, I needed my order for the Saturday, so cancelled, and they took 3 weeks and 2 more calls to refund, and still didn't refund postage, so I won't be shopping there again!

"Ann Summers stuff always looks cheap to me. Better off buying stuff from Lovehoney or Ebay."

I find that underwear bought on Ebay is really cheap, the material is really flimsy. I only biught a baby doll but it was awful.

I would always stick with branded good quality underwear.

I've been a bit disappointed with AS too. A couple of vibs stopped working after a period of time or their description on the ad was a bit ambiguous. I fancied a lovely bra, but didn't carry it in 38B

P

Can't see the problem if they offered to check stock for you. Lots of shops don't have their full range on display.

Couldn't they have ordered in whatever you wanted?

" I have always been able To walk into the store and browse through and select my size.

This week I went in and the store had changed on the racks were only sizes 6 to 14 and a few size 18 . I then spoke to the assistant and asked about the larger sizes and got told .. oh we find since I took over as manager they dont sell so well so we keep them out the back, but you will find some larger sizes feel free to browse and if you like something I will check to see if we have it in stock .. to prove my point I went through every outfit and underwear selection and they did not have one item in a size 20 !!!! I left feeling really intimidated and extremely fat. Dont think I will be going back but will be emailing head office . Has anyone else found this an issue in ann summers or is it just my local store and new manager ?

"

Ex ann summers rep i am a larger size as people put it and i going back a number of years now and even the boxes the reps get are all small sizes, i myself find it hard to get bigger sizes for myself.

I took back my rabbit to AS .. should've seen their faces. I HAVE washed it I said. After returning three I gave up on rabbits..they dont suit me: when I squeeze the beads stop and the motor burns out .... but if you can't demand satisfaction from a sex shop, where can you?

NORWICH

"Can't see the problem if they offered to check stock for you. Lots of shops don't have their full range on display.

Couldn't they have ordered in whatever you wanted?"

They did check stock and had nothing in ... not one item ! Yes could have ordered in and I could have waited 7 days for delivery . But then I might as well ordered off line . Which as said before I didnt want to do as I wanted to try on .. i just felt let down as prior to this visit I have always been able to shop off the rail in the store . X

NORWICH

"I took back my rabbit to AS .. should've seen their faces. I HAVE washed it I said. After returning three I gave up on rabbits..they dont suit me: when I squeeze the beads stop and the motor burns out .... but if you can't demand satisfaction from a sex shop, where can you?

"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

For service, my local Pulse & Cocktails is great. Their prices are a bit too high, for what they're selling.

Can't say I'm a fan of Ann Summers any more. For me, it's all about service, I like to feel relaxed, have staff who are really helpful and where the sizes are in stock, as needed.

NORWICH

"For service, my local Pulse & Cocktails is great. Their prices are a bit too high, for what they're selling.

Can't say I'm a fan of Ann Summers any more. For me, it's all about service, I like to feel relaxed, have staff who are really helpful and where the sizes are in stock, as needed."

I totally agree service is everything and I didnt get that helpful vibe that I usually do .. so wont be going back just shame we dont have anywhere else near us so will be online from now on x

[Removed by poster at 21/04/14 23:28:23]

It's the same in eastbourne,very few items for larger now,hence I only buy stockings accasionally there.

"Im not the same size as you so havn't noticed but I think thats appalling

They should have a selection of sizes that each garment is available in to select from freely and without having to ask for it

"

The size range in Lakeside (Essex) is pretty poor as well. Having said that there isn't much I would buy there as I don't like the quality or the inflated prices in Ann Summers. Can't fault the staff though, they have always been lovely! Most of the outfits I have on in my pics were bought in Peacocks (£12!) and they go up to a size 22-24. Otherwise I tend to stick to Lovehoney.

By *extoysareusCouple  over a year ago

kinky heaven

Same with Ralph Lauren, could I get 32 32 trousers??

It really pisses me off too in general on plus size ranges they should be in all shops and not just selected ones or just available online we like to go shopping too ie to try on or check fabric etc. I did complain to new look as when they did refit in Peterborough they forgot something the Inspire range complained went back and whoop de do there was only one rail available out of a huge store x

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I used to work for Ann Summers and to be fair it's overpriced tat....I brought a few bits as I had a 30% discount....

By *icknjoCouple  over a year ago

staines

We save money and time just use the Internet.

By *hynottsCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

"We save money and time just use the Internet. "

Wish lots more would we go up to size 24 on some things

By *hoe_nixCouple  over a year ago

leeds

I never even look for my size .(20). as equal quality for lower price can be found elsewhere

I do buy their toys, which have a very good returns policy

By *yphoon1Man  over a year ago

Sales racks used to have larger sized uniforms but not seen the racks for a while. Toys and stockings are good variety but expensive. Partner didnt complain about the glass dildo I got her

Durex play lube is a rip off. Same thing cheaper in Tesco.

"We save money and time just use the Internet.

Wish lots more would we go up to size 24 on some things "

Most places stop at 22. I could never find anything in even 'normal clothes' in any shops.

Try love honey amazing free returns up to a year quick and discreet delivery x

Net has better offers and you see everyone in Ann summers I like to be different . I like there holdups as long in the leg but that's it really it bores me in there shops .

I find it over priced in there, and my size I'm squeezing into, so it doesn't sit correct, not an attractive look.

I do find their stockings good though a correct fitting.

I'd only ever buy there hold ups from there. There's toys never last and there underwear and outfits have went right downhill over the years. Never found them flattering. Try lovehoney.

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

"I have always had such a good experience in my store and stocking certain ranges upto size 24.. have been looking on love honey today and have been impressed just find difficult to buy online as I have huge boobs and difficult to judge fit without trying on x

They do free returns."

Have to agree - there are several sites we use, all good with returns and the beauty of not shopping at ann summers is when you go clubbing, less chance of bumping into someone with the same outfit. .

D

» Add a new message to this topic