FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Manipulation?

Manipulation?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r-Unique OP   Man  over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

According to the latest statistics. Unemployment rates is at is lowest for the last few years. Meaning more people have been employed over the last 5 years. Yet another statistic realeased that 1 in 60 people in the United Kingdom now use food banks on a weekly basis. So going by that it shows people who work are less wealthy than people who don't work or they manipulate the statistics in such a way it looks like employments rates are getting better when they clearly aren't

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I don't believe 76% of statistics.

A

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or that because the food banks are there , more people use them ?

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Or that because the food banks are there , more people use them ?"

You have to have a voucher to access food banks, and you have to prove genuine need in order to get a voucher. It's not the case that you can just rock up to a food bank and fill the boot of your car with free food.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"According to the latest statistics. Unemployment rates is at is lowest for the last few years. Meaning more people have been employed over the last 5 years. Yet another statistic realeased that 1 in 60 people in the United Kingdom now use food banks on a weekly basis. So going by that it shows people who work are less wealthy than people who don't work or they manipulate the statistics in such a way it looks like employments rates are getting better when they clearly aren't "

Foodbanks aren't just used by unemployed people, they're used by people on low incomes too. You need to be referred by an agency such as Citizens Advice, your GP or an educational establishment and you can only go twice in six months I think, you can't just rock up and be given food.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Isn't it -

Unemployed and claiming unemployment benefit?

I think there are other benefits that you can claim, different name but similar.

Disclaimer, I haven't claimed in more years than I care to mention so I don't actually know the system anymore.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Or that because the food banks are there , more people use them ?

You have to have a voucher to access food banks, and you have to prove genuine need in order to get a voucher. It's not the case that you can just rock up to a food bank and fill the boot of your car with free food. "

Snap! You are also only given three days worth of food.

This Government lies more than any in history, and that's saying something given that they've all been lying to us since time began!

The fact that food banks even exist is a damning shame on the lot of them.

Don't believe the hype.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"This Government lies more than any in history, and that's saying something given that they've all been lying to us since time began!

Don't believe the hype."

Some people think it's single mothers queuing round the block in designer trainers with a pitbull on a lead

"This Government lies more than any in history, and that's saying something given that they've all been lying to us since time began!

Don't believe the hype.

Some people think it's single mothers queuing round the block in designer trainers with a pitbull on a lead "

Some people read the Daily Mail as well

It's false statistics, unemployment seems lower due to the school leavers age raised to 18 not 16, in September there will be a massive rise in unemployment when the first schooleavers in 2 years leave school

Well that's my theory anyway

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

If you are on income support you aren't classed as unemployed....

I have just had to sign on to jsa....I am now a statistic......

Foodbanks .....hmmmm ....think they are great myself....never needed to use one....and hope I never have to....BUT.....I do think there should be stricter rules......people with addictions.....shouldn't be allowed to get help.....if you need food for your kids, get help from social services, get clean, get priorities right........

From experience......I know that people put their addictions before their kids and thats disgusting....by helping them after they have didn't their wages/benefits on smack/cider/fags kinda feels like we are allowing them to abuse the foodbanks and children.

Grrrr

By *EXY50ishWoman  over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

I believe its only people who are actually "signing on" that are counted as unemployed. That cuts out all those on Income Support, ESA and those who are on employment related courses .

Don't believe the hype.

Some people think it's single mothers queuing round the block in designer trainers with a pitbull on a lead "

Unfortunately people are very quick to judge.A young unemployed Mum across the road from me does indeed wear expensive clothing but its bought for her for birthdays and Christmas by her own Dad who has a good job.

By *EXY50ishWoman  over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

I believe its only people who are actually "signing on" that are counted as unemployed. That cuts out all those on Income Support, ESA and those who are on employment related courses .

Don't believe the hype.

And in a lot of cases they would be right

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Don't believe the hype.

Some people think it's single mothers queuing round the block in designer trainers with a pitbull on a lead

Unfortunately people are very quick to judge.A young unemployed Mum across the road from me does indeed wear expensive clothing but its bought for her for birthdays and Christmas by her own Dad who has a good job. "

Yes I know, I find it very sad that people are so judgemental even though I joked about it in my post. The witch hunting that had gone on in the forums today is quite an eye opener.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Don't believe the hype.

And in a lot of cases they would be right"

have you evidence if this?

"According to the latest statistics. Unemployment rates is at is lowest for the last few years. Meaning more people have been employed over the last 5 years. Yet another statistic realeased that 1 in 60 people in the United Kingdom now use food banks on a weekly basis. So going by that it shows people who work are less wealthy than people who don't work or they manipulate the statistics in such a way it looks like employments rates are getting better when they clearly aren't "

I ignore statistics as I ignore the weather forecast!

» Add a new message to this topic