FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > cliques

cliques

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does seem to be an awful lot of them on here. Or not.

What you think?

Hides in corner and waits for the backlash.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh no you didn't LOL

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Uhhh ohh you mentioned the C word.....

By *heScotandthegirlCouple  over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

never encountered it but maybe we're the uncool kids x

I think the only people who think there are cliques are people who are pissed off about not being in one and who are paranoid incase everyone is talking about them behind their backs

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Cliques. Groups of people agreeing with each other. Groups of people who go to meets and know each other in real life...

Tomayto, tomahto.

or groups of people who have met up several times?

or groups of people who share the same opinion?

or groups of people who are not fence sitters and will voice an opinion regardless if its popular or not?

after 3 years on here (ish) there are other folk who stick around (think regulars in a pub.. or 'locals') and there are newbies (think tourists visiting into a pub)

all start somewhere

I like being talked about it makes me feel shpeshal

Him

If there's 'a lot of' cliques doesn't that make it normal like lots of groups of friends?

I thought 'clique' meant in some way exclusive. I have seen lots of groups of friends but no cliques.

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

. . what you talkin about Willis? x X X

Oh just great !!!!! Now I'm going to wonder, am I in one or not, if not, why not.

A very small percentage of fab uses the forum, the same faces crop up in most threads joining in the banter with one another. They exclude nobody, so by that reckoning......there's no clique if someone thinks there is.........try joining in more perhaps?

". . what you talkin about Willis? x X X"

Lmao!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

If I'm getting talked about it means they are leaving some poor fucker alone...I'm sure that there are a few that will sit down and talk about others but then are are some who have made firm friends from here....

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 21/04/14 15:21:02]

Yes.. Im founder member of the north east coast branch... Current membership.. 1

I don't think there is as such, there are groups of people who meet and know each other, they have in jokes and conversations those out the group possibly won't understand, but they do not exclude others from joining in like a true clique does, look at them more as the bread and butter of forums, without them some great posts wouldn't be there

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I think the only people who think there are cliques are people who are pissed off about not being in one and who are paranoid incase everyone is talking about them behind their backs "

"Oh just great !!!!! Now I'm going to wonder, am I in one or not, if not, why not.

"

You're in one. Shhhh don't tell anyone.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I think it can appear cliquey, if not cliquey, at least unwelcoming at times.

That being said there are more new posters all the time, which means lots don't find it so.

As always with these forums, there is an overwhelming desire to fit in with the masses and that is cooler than cool. I have prefered to stay on the periphery the last few years and dip in and out.

So, I kinda agree it can appear so at times.

there are people on here that have made friends in real life.

they are bound to have a bond, and talk to each other.

then you have the knights that run to the rescue and lambast everyone for the sake of looking good

then you have the rest. and we are all in a little clique of our own, so enjoy being part of something, anything lol

"or groups of people who have met up several times?

or groups of people who share the same opinion?

or groups of people who are not fence sitters and will voice an opinion regardless if its popular or not?

after 3 years on here (ish) there are other folk who stick around (think regulars in a pub.. or 'locals') and there are newbies (think tourists visiting into a pub)

all start somewhere "

Don't forget the guys in the dark corner in flasher macs fumbling with their

By *ibbyhunterCouple  over a year ago

keighley

"Does seem to be an awful lot of them on here. Or not.

What you think?

Hides in corner and waits for the backlash."

is there room in that corner for one more ,

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Does seem to be an awful lot of them on here. Or not.

What you think?

Hides in corner and waits for the backlash."

no more than anywhere else.... the forums have groups of people that know each other.... the chatrooms have groups of people that know each other....

that has probably over time from being online or going to socials ect ect ect..

you wouldn't go into a pub, for example, where people knew and talked to each other and shout "Clique"

To be fair when i was a new to the forums i thought there were too

hadn't figured out the social circles and who had met who.

some guys just arse lick any female who receives a hard time.. those are the 'white knights' and hope they'll get a shag for their valiant efforts.

as times gone on though i think its safe to say that yes some people would step in if a fiend was getting a hard time.. but others are here simply to cast opinions on what they believe is right

its a good ole mish mash..

I'm in my own little clique.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

My clique is so exclusive that I am the only member and no one is coming in, no one I tell ya

I'm a clique all of my own. I think it's called being unsociable

"Oh just great !!!!! Now I'm going to wonder, am I in one or not, if not, why not.

You're in one. Shhhh don't tell anyone. "

Ok, ill keep it quiet then

Ok, ill keep it quiet then "

you're in the Dagenham massive with me

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"I think it can appear cliquey, if not cliquey, at least unwelcoming at times.

That being said there are more new posters all the time, which means lots don't find it so.

As always with these forums, there is an overwhelming desire to fit in with the masses and that is cooler than cool. I have prefered to stay on the periphery the last few years and dip in and out.

So, I kinda agree it can appear so at times. "

I agree to an extent.

We can be intolerant of hearing the same question for the millionth time in a month, which isn't really the fault of the newbie.

And there are a lot of in jokes. I can see how regulars bantering with each other can seem a bit excluding. But those who join in get to know the usual suspects and are soon bantering with the rest.

All it takes is a desire to take part rather than to post nothing but 'look at me's or to get attention by being contentious.

I've been stalking the forums for a while, then decided to join in, and you've all been lovely - thank you!!

"I've been stalking the forums for a while, then decided to join in, and you've all been lovely - thank you!! "

Big warm welcome to any lurkers

Newcastle and Gateshead

"My clique is so exclusive that I am the only member and no one is coming in, no one I tell ya "

the derby mafia... they make you an offer you struggle to understand....

baaaaaaaa!!!!

So, I kinda agree it can appear so at times.

I agree to an extent.

We can be intolerant of hearing the same question for the millionth time in a month, which isn't really the fault of the newbie.

And there are a lot of in jokes. I can see how regulars bantering with each other can seem a bit excluding. But those who join in get to know the usual suspects and are soon bantering with the rest.

All it takes is a desire to take part rather than to post nothing but 'look at me's or to get attention by being contentious."

I elbowed my way in

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

All it takes is a desire to take part rather than to post nothing but 'look at me's or to get attention by being contentious.

I elbowed my way in "

I jumped in boobies first

I can't say I've ever felt it to be clicky in here. There are a few networks of friendships and in-jokes, but it isn't exclusive. I can think of a load of forumites who weren't on a year or so ago and who have the piss ripped out of them with the rest of us. I'm one for starters and I've got my own chair in the forum, with diamanté backing, arm for Earl Grey and hidden supply of biscuits.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I'm too much of a geek to have been in or ever be in a clique.

Some people on here are un touchable when it comes to breaking forum rules , and never get banned .

"Some people on here are un touchable when it comes to breaking forum rules , and never get banned . "

and you know this how?

have you never been banned lol

"Some people on here are un touchable when it comes to breaking forum rules , and never get banned .

and you know this how?

have you never been banned lol"

Is that a special clique too? Been there

you're in the Dagenham massive with me "

Lol, don't mess wiv us

Newcastle and Gateshead

[Removed by poster at 21/04/14 15:47:35]

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Some people on here are un touchable when it comes to breaking forum rules , and never get banned . "

people do get bans... you just never see them...

24..48.. 96hrs bans...... but the first time you hear about them are when people come back...

"Some people on here are un touchable when it comes to breaking forum rules , and never get banned .

and you know this how?

have you never been banned lol

Is that a special clique too? Been there "

I'm in the AA does that count

As always with these forums, there is an overwhelming desire to fit in with the masses and that is cooler than cool.

So, I kinda agree it can appear so at times. "

View, you always manage to say exactly what I would want to say, if only I could think in English quick enough

"I think the only people who think there are cliques are people who are pissed off about not being in one and who are paranoid incase everyone is talking about them behind their backs "

They are right people are talking about each other behind their backs on a regular basis not sure if it makes it a clique though although its pretty obvious there a few on here.

Are you admin then? As thats the only way you would know this

you're in the Dagenham massive with me

Lol, don't mess wiv us "

our badge of honour has knuckle dusters as an emblem

I'm fairly new to the forums, the c word hasn't crossed my mind.

"I think the only people who think there are cliques are people who are pissed off about not being in one and who are paranoid incase everyone is talking about them behind their backs

They are right people are talking about each other behind their backs on a regular basis not sure if it makes it a clique though although its pretty obvious there a few on here. "

If they are it wouldn't bother me,its human nature,its a forum,its words,they are strangers,it has no bearing on the fun I have on here

Some people know just where the line is and don't cross it. If you don't break the rules you don't get a ban. I thibk suggesting that their is an elite who are untouchable is pretty disrespectful to the moderators.

Every forum has it's cliques. It's the nature of them. Not sure why it surprises people or why people are bothered about it because it's not exactly detrimental to the forum? Certainly not like it used to be on here a few years ago when a few fancied themselves as forum kings (or more accurately queens) and were full of their own selt importance.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"My clique is so exclusive that I am the only member and no one is coming in, no one I tell ya

the derby mafia... they make you an offer you struggle to understand....

baaaaaaaa!!!! "

Oi Mr T, yer a marked man

The way I see it is most of the people in a clique either have met each other or are good friends on here

I've not met anyone on here, but I'm guessing if I went to a social, I'd know more about some posters and be on more friendly terms.

I think some people are misunderstanding the word clique; it's not flattering and is usually associated with children and adolescence

The only person who I ever remember is Venus and herculies and that's cause it's funny watching people think they're talking to V lol. Also I want the wing mirror from his bike

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

" Certainly not like it used to be on here a few years ago when a few fancied themselves as forum kings (or more accurately queens) and were full of their own selt importance. "

yeah okay, I am a Queen

"If I'm getting talked about it means they are leaving some poor fucker alone...I'm sure that there are a few that will sit down and talk about others but then are are some who have made firm friends from here.... "

Ive met someone I consider a firm friend on here. But I am not in a clique

"I think some people are misunderstanding the word clique; it's not flattering and is usually associated with children and adolescence "

I wouldn't say its flattering but neither is it associated with adolescents or children its more of an adult thing that was originality associated with the Masons many centenary's ago and various religious groups.

"I think some people are misunderstanding the word clique; it's not flattering and is usually associated with children and adolescence

I wouldn't say its flattering but neither is it associated with adolescents or children its more of an adult thing that was originality associated with the Masons many centenary's ago and various religious groups. "

Never come across that notion before; Google is a wonderful thing....!

"A very small percentage of fab uses the forum, the same faces crop up in most threads joining in the banter with one another. They exclude nobody, so by that reckoning......there's no clique if someone thinks there is.........try joining in more perhaps?"

There are defo cliques. I join in but its like someone said earlier about it being like a pub where everyone knows everyone. You pipe up with your comment and you get ignored while everyone in the clique keeps chatting together. I have started to figure out who is in this clique now and try to avoid those threads. I am not saying the clique folk are awful. They seem lovely but just too, clicky.

"A very small percentage of fab uses the forum, the same faces crop up in most threads joining in the banter with one another. They exclude nobody, so by that reckoning......there's no clique if someone thinks there is.........try joining in more perhaps?

There are defo cliques. I join in but its like someone said earlier about it being like a pub where everyone knows everyone. You pipe up with your comment and you get ignored while everyone in the clique keeps chatting together. I have started to figure out who is in this clique now and try to avoid those threads. I am not saying the clique folk are awful. They seem lovely but just too, clicky."

But surely everyone was new into the pub that is the forums once?

I dont know who u think is in the cliques but i guess its just baby steps and gently easing your way into the friendship circles.

ive seen you post a fair amount now and am slowly building a picture of what your like

[Removed by poster at 21/04/14 18:09:29]

Groucho had a very appropriate comment on this sort of thing

"A very small percentage of fab uses the forum, the same faces crop up in most threads joining in the banter with one another. They exclude nobody, so by that reckoning......there's no clique if someone thinks there is.........try joining in more perhaps?

There are defo cliques. I join in but its like someone said earlier about it being like a pub where everyone knows everyone. You pipe up with your comment and you get ignored while everyone in the clique keeps chatting together. I have started to figure out who is in this clique now and try to avoid those threads. I am not saying the clique folk are awful. They seem lovely but just too, clicky."

I can understand what you mean by being ignored. I sometimes think I'm talking to myself lol However, a lot of people on here have met at the Forum socials so they do actually know each other and I think a few are friends off site as well. I'm sure people don't ignore anyone intentionally.

I banter and message a few individuals / couples on here but I've only ever met two Forumites. When I first started using the Forums I used to think there was a clique but I don't think there is really and I was welcomed back warmly after my break

There are defo cliques. I join in but its like someone said earlier about it being like a pub where everyone knows everyone. You pipe up with your comment and you get ignored while everyone in the clique keeps chatting together. I have started to figure out who is in this clique now and try to avoid those threads. I am not saying the clique folk are awful. They seem lovely but just too, clicky.

I dont know who u think is in the cliques but i guess its just baby steps and gently easing your way into the friendship circles.

ive seen you post a fair amount now and am slowly building a picture of what your like "

I couldn't possibly say who. But like I said, all seem nice so not going to loose any sleep about it. It's just one of those things as people have met outside of here and so on.

I hope I have made a good impression. Don't want to be the annoying new person.

Oooh we haven't had this one in ages ...

"Groucho had a very appropriate comment on this sort of thing"

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'm in the Platinum members clique. We don't talk to the Diamond members clique though. They're stuck up.

Well there are defo those I know on here, chat to off site but I never ignore anyone.

If someone directly quotes me (so I know you're actually talking to me) whether I know you or not, I will always chat/respond.

$0.02

There is definitely a little clique of sarcastic people here. Birds of a feather

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

isnt a clique the little sticky out bit at the front of the clange

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"There is definitely a little clique of sarcastic people here. Birds of a feather "

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"There is definitely a little clique of sarcastic people here. Birds of a feather "

Never noticed!

By *0hnnyBrav0Man  over a year ago

Great Wyrley

So in these cliquey things, does anyone serve cake?

"So in these cliquey things, does anyone serve cake?

"

choc fudge or lemon drizzle?

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

. .the cool cliques clan ?. . .

ive seen you post a fair amount now and am slowly building a picture of what your like

I couldn't possibly say who. But like I said, all seem nice so not going to loose any sleep about it. It's just one of those things as people have met outside of here and so on.

I hope I have made a good impression. Don't want to be the annoying new person. "

I have a crap memory but I know I liked some of your posts. I don't think you're annoying.

I think everyone gets 'ignored' sometimes. I often agree with lots of people but can only quote one post at once.

I wish someone would put up a list of the clique people on the noticeboard in the canteen. I want to see who's on it.

By *0hnnyBrav0Man  over a year ago

Great Wyrley

choc fudge or lemon drizzle?"

is there an option to phone a friend or go 50/50?

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"

that will be the cake clique

Shall we start our own and not tell anyone our secret haha

As others have said, there are groups of people who are regularly bantering with each other and for those who don't use the forums so often, or those who choose not to join in with fun and friendly threads, then it can appear cliquey. But people can change that and join in if they wish.

I tend to stay on the periphery too. I could join in or start good morning threads, or forum avatar challenge threads, or fuck, kiss, avoid threads or those voting whose the best kind of threads but I'm not interested in all of that. I like serious discussion rather than the flippant. It doesn't make me a miserable git (I don't think) and there's nothing wrong with fun threads. I am not afraid to voice my opinion either and I'm sure at times this doesn't make

me the most popular.

You are responsible for how you interact with others and you can change it to make it work for you

Cliques are just a lot of regulars who have met eachother or become friends from forums,you see the regular posters on many threads,they natter alot ,others can pop in anytime,there not excluded just sometimes regulars do overtake a thread with there banter between themselves,so can look a bit clicky to newbies

Personally i pop in the odd post,whether I'm ignored/liked or not liked for what i say dosent bother me,its up to the individual if they want to join in,I join in when I want to, this is about my third post today,so not a lot now of to watch bit telly I pop back later ,always think should I join in more,mite do one day

". .the cool cliques clan ?. . ."

By *uslaffMan  over a year ago

manchester

"Every forum has it's cliques. It's the nature of them. Not sure why it surprises people or why people are bothered about it because it's not exactly detrimental to the forum? Certainly not like it used to be on here a few years ago when a few fancied themselves as forum kings (or more accurately queens) and were full of their own selt importance. "

I think there's more of a pack mentality than a clique and some very obvious sheep and some very obvious wannabe wolves, but that's more time, thought and words than its worth bothering with!