FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > trans sexual or just a gender?

trans sexual or just a gender?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rinking-in-la OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Here is something which occurred to me. I am comimg from a position of ignorance and am curious as to what people think, but is there any need for post op transexual people to still be labelled as transexual? Surely once all the medical stuff is done they are just the gender that they have become?

Am I wrong? What do the TS people on here think?

Cheers all and keep smiling.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The M-F trans people I know all refer to themselves as women now post-op.

Some will call themselves trans-women though. There's a lot of contention on this issue amongst the community, with some taking offence if what they believe is the wrong term is used.

I think it's best to use the term that fits how the person presents themselves to you.

By *S_PennyTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I am now a woman regardless of my genital status. I will possibly change my profile gender to female once post op but will always happily identify as trans woman. I'm still a woman just a trans woman.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I've found that a lot of my friends who are transitioning have different ideas over how they'd describe themselves. It can sometimes be a bit of a minefield on a night out, so I follow their lead.

In my eyes regardless of if an operation has taken place i dont view a post op as a 'woman'

"In my eyes regardless of if an operation has taken place i dont view a post op as a 'woman'

"

What term would you use then?

"In my eyes regardless of if an operation has taken place i dont view a post op as a 'woman'

"

I agree think trans woman is fair enough.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"

frankly its not your call. If a post op tv wishes to refer to themselves as a woman it should be respected

What term would you use then?"

trans woman.

just to be clear ive no issues with a person wanting to change and i admire everyone for being individuals.. a woman to me is someone of female origin from birth. its in her DNA.

i love everyone btw xxx

frankly its not your call. If a post op tv wishes to refer to themselves as a woman it should be respected"

Thats fine, i respect they can call themselves whatever.. i just wont agree with it

i'll still like a trans woman and treat her like i would any other person, i just dont agree with the terminology.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

i think transgender is a third sex in india

frankly its not your call. If a post op tv wishes to refer to themselves as a woman it should be respected"

This

frankly its not your call. If a post op tv wishes to refer to themselves as a woman it should be respected

This "

and i'll respect that you wish to be called a woman

» Add a new message to this topic