FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > raheem the wet dream

raheem the wet dream

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What a player only 19. Would now be in my starting 11 for England in wc this summer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What a player only 19. Would now be in my starting 11 for England in wc this summer"

Would start him ahead of Rooney every day, but would the media let Roy do that?

Rooney would always start for me.but wide right sterling has to be first choice now

Right now it is sterling over Rooney.

It's a scandal he was sold by his previous club

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

"Right now it is sterling over Rooney.

It's a scandal he was sold by his previous club"

Who? Zooney?

"Rooney would always start for me.but wide right sterling has to be first choice now"

with you on that.

sturridge up top, with rooney tucked in behind, lallana on the left and sterling on the right.

FTW

I just don't get the media hype over Rooney, hes a good footballer yes, but there are better to start with now.

Rooney would never get in the German Spanish, Italian, France international teams.

We have relied on him too much and hes never had a great tournament for England.

Should we take him, of course....start with him, No we have better

"What a player only 19. Would now be in my starting 11 for England in wc this summer"

If we were allowed links I would YouTube "Young Gifted And Black"

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

sturridge up top, with rooney tucked in behind, lallana on the left and sterling on the right.

FTW"

close...

Gerrard, wilshere as your two in midfield...

then Sterling right, Sturridge left, Oxlade-Chamberlain middle...

Rooney up top......

and those front 4 are almost then interchangable...

"

FTW

close...

Gerrard, wilshere as your two in midfield...

then Sterling right, Sturridge left, Oxlade-Chamberlain middle...

Rooney up top......

and those front 4 are almost then interchangable..."

ox isnt a central midfielder.

wilshire wont have th efitness come the summer

sturridge is wasted on the wing.

you just want your arsenal contingent in there lol

no, holding i would have, probably, gerrard and actually i would like to see ross barkley bomb on from deep, but probably wont, and you will get wilshire in there.

just want someone with a pair of legs in there

"I just don't get the media hype over Rooney, hes a good footballer yes, but there are better to start with now.

Rooney would never get in the German Spanish, Italian, France international teams.

We have relied on him too much and hes never had a great tournament for England.

Should we take him, of course....start with him, No we have better"

yes he would, and no we havent.

not in that position.

who have we that can play as a number 10, link up the midfield?

he brings so much more than just playing in the final 3rd, and if you cant see that, then you really do have no idea.

even when he is having a shocker, he still gets about, runs himself into the ground, covers every blade of grass and creates space for others, by taking defenders away, just on reputation alone.

he would easily get into the italy team

would be close to the spain team (no coincidence barca were toying with trying to get him in the summer) and probably would have a chance with the german squad

So much potential for us at this World Cup... Just can't help thinking we will under achieve again. Just hope the likes of Sturridge, Sterling, Lallana and the Ox really shine. Nevertheless, so looking forward to it

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

ox isnt a central midfielder.

wilshire wont have th efitness come the summer

sturridge is wasted on the wing.

you just want your arsenal contingent in there lol

no, holding i would have, probably, gerrard and actually i would like to see ross barkley bomb on from deep, but probably wont, and you will get wilshire in there.

just want someone with a pair of legs in there"

the OX is actually probably a natural midfielder or a deep lying "10"... but he has the pace to play wide.....

if gerrard is going to play the holding midfielder role.. that gives jack the chance to play his natural role is bombing on from a deeper position...

wide left is the problem position... at least sturridge and stirling do that for liverpool, rather him that someone like milner..

but like you said... llanana can play there .....

we will come back to the subject of 23 man squads in the next few weeks just in case anyone gets injured....

Henderson is miles ahead for me at moment to partner Gerrard ahead of wilshere

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"What a player only 19. Would now be in my starting 11 for England in wc this summer

If we were allowed links I would YouTube "Young Gifted And Black""

You are. YouTube is on the 'approved' list

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Henderson is miles ahead for me at moment to partner Gerrard ahead of wilshere"

no way... I am trying to work out what henderson actually "does".... I dont think he is particularly well... he just sits next to gerrard and passes the ball to him...

there are a ton of central midfielders I would take in front of henderson, let alone start....

"Henderson is miles ahead for me at moment to partner Gerrard ahead of wilshere

no way... I am trying to work out what henderson actually "does".... I dont think he is particularly well... he just sits next to gerrard and passes the ball to him...

there are a ton of central midfielders I would take in front of henderson, let alone start...."

He WINS games! And doesn't go missing like Wilshere. The Arsenal players have demonstrated they are bottlers this season and not to be trusted in big games.

Wilshere was fantastic when he burst on to the scene but I really don't think he has improved since then,injuries obviously haven't helped.I wouldn't pick him in my starting eleven for England.And I certainly wouldn't pick Henderson.

Newcastle and Gateshead

there are a ton of central midfielders I would take in front of henderson, let alone start....

He WINS games! And doesn't go missing like Wilshere. The Arsenal players have demonstrated they are bottlers this season and not to be trusted in big games. "

just making sure we are talking about jordan henderson.. this is the same jordan henderson what was offered in part exchange for clint dempsey, he "went missing" to the extent liverpool were prepared to cut their losses

sure he has won games this season... the last 2 years before this one... errrrm... not so much!!!

Me personally.. i would take Wilshere before Henderson but I would also take, Adam Lallana, Ross Berkley, Gareth Barry, James Milner, Tom Huddlestone, OX and Micheal Carrick over Henderson....

Henderson isn't even the best person playing that position at liverpool next to gerrard... that would be Lucas...

By *picyspiregirlCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

I can't see how Rooney can get in a starting 11, and given his past tournament displays, I would not be unhappy if he were left out of any squad altogether.

He WINS games! And doesn't go missing like Wilshere. The Arsenal players have demonstrated they are bottlers this season and not to be trusted in big games.

just making sure we are talking about jordan henderson.. this is the same jordan henderson what was offered in part exchange for clint dempsey, he "went missing" to the extent liverpool were prepared to cut their losses

sure he has won games this season... the last 2 years before this one... errrrm... not so much!!!

Me personally.. i would take Wilshere before Henderson but I would also take, Adam Lallana, Ross Berkley, Gareth Barry, James Milner, Tom Huddlestone, OX and Micheal Carrick over Henderson....

Henderson isn't even the best person playing that position at liverpool next to gerrard... that would be Lucas... "

Yeh that Henderson and also the same Arsenal that let in 6 against Chelsea 6 against Man City and 5 against Liverpool you know the Arsenal I am on about the one who celibates a victory over Wigan on penalties. So are you saying THAT Henderson isn't a winner? Are you just say it!!

"I can't see how Rooney can get in a starting 11, and given his past tournament displays, I would not be unhappy if he were left out of any squad altogether."

He is the fear factor though!

By *picyspiregirlCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

"I can't see how Rooney can get in a starting 11, and given his past tournament displays, I would not be unhappy if he were left out of any squad altogether.

He is the fear factor though! "

Only according to the English media not anywhere else.

Henderson isn't even the best person playing that position at liverpool next to gerrard... that would be Lucas... "

This is your opinion. But so wrong

Henderson isn't even the best person playing that position at liverpool next to gerrard... that would be Lucas...

This is your opinion. But so wrong "

Thats because he doesn't know a lot about football and has been in the bunker while people were laughing at arsenal taking a battering.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Yeh that Henderson and also the same Arsenal that let in 6 against Chelsea 6 against Man City and 5 against Liverpool you know the Arsenal I am on about the one who celibates a victory over Wigan on penalties. So are you saying THAT Henderson isn't a winner? Are you just say it!! "

a) I am not the one Lobbying for any arsenal defenders to be inclued....

b) Wilshere didn't play when we conceded 6 at chelsea or 5 at anfield......

so why use those as arguements?

I am going on more than just half a season....

you want to turn this into a liverpool vs arsenal conversation and gloat.... well, actually not gloat.. just smug,

I am saying that Jack Wilshere in the position that england will need him to play (busting forward from a deeper midfield position) is a better alternative that jordan henderson....

so is adam lallana........

so is ross berkley.........

so is Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain....

going to criticise them as well?

"

Yeh that Henderson and also the same Arsenal that let in 6 against Chelsea 6 against Man City and 5 against Liverpool you know the Arsenal I am on about the one who celibates a victory over Wigan on penalties. So are you saying THAT Henderson isn't a winner? Are you just say it!!

you want to turn this into a liverpool vs arsenal conversation and gloat.... well, actually not gloat.. just smug,

I am saying that Jack Wilshere in the position that england will need him to play (busting forward from a deeper midfield position) is a better alternative that jordan henderson....

"

Why use the fact Chelsea whooped 6 past Chelsea Man city whooped 6 past arsenal and Liverpool whooped 5 past arsenal? Might be because you hid when it happened? And I didn't want you to forget it perhaps? that 17 in 3 games 17!

Football wise well like it or not the chap who is probably going to be the manager of the year has a different opinion to you and dare I say it actually knows his football and he rated Henderson. Football is a team game no hail mary's and Henderson is a team player with discipline and handles him self far better than Wiltshire is less petulant and if he was in the Arsenal team you might not be fishing for 4th but still in the running for the top spot.

I think the fact that Wilshere is so injury prone is a huge problem, and to be fair he really hadn't performed this season. Henderson has shown maturity and quality this year, even with the outside influences knocking him down. He may not make a starting eleven, but Barry, Carrick, Milner?? Come on, honestly! I think Wilshere (if he can stay injury free) and Barkley are the future of England's middle, but Henderson is there also. I do think you are being unfair, but we are entitled to an opinion. Good debate

for me I would play gerrard, hendo, lalana, sterling rooney struridge.

never rated wilshere,not fit. where hendo can run all day long, will help in heat

"I just don't get the media hype over Rooney, hes a good footballer yes, but there are better to start with now.

not in that position.

he brings so much more than just playing in the final 3rd, and if you cant see that, then you really do have no idea.

even when he is having a shocker, he still gets about, runs himself into the ground, covers every blade of grass and creates space for others, by taking defenders away, just on reputation alone.

would be close to the spain team (no coincidence barca were toying with trying to get him in the summer) and probably would have a chance with the german squad"

Take todays game against Everton as an example, Rooney has 1 good game in every 6. He is a rover type player who should be scoring and assisting far more than he does.

To say he would get into the Spanish and Italian national teams the way he plays is ridiculous. I watch a lot of European football, and I cant see how he would fit into them teams, they have far better players doing what Rooney is meant to do.

Look how England have gone in past competitions when they have relied on Rooney, Now they have Sturridge, Sterling, Lallana and co, stick with them and they will do ok.

Use Rooney as an impact player

"Raheem the wet dream "..lol...

Yeah..right.

not in that position.

would be close to the spain team (no coincidence barca were toying with trying to get him in the summer) and probably would have a chance with the german squad

Take todays game against Everton as an example, Rooney has 1 good game in every 6. He is a rover type player who should be scoring and assisting far more than he does.

To say he would get into the Spanish and Italian national teams the way he plays is ridiculous. I watch a lot of European football, and I cant see how he would fit into them teams, they have far better players doing what Rooney is meant to do.

Look how England have gone in past competitions when they have relied on Rooney, Now they have Sturridge, Sterling, Lallana and co, stick with them and they will do ok.

"

Roy has a perfect spine and blueprint to help England in the World Cup. Liverpools tactics and their English players like Flanagan, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, sterling and sturridge. I would then pick the best of the rest but go for people who can play in the euros to build a team for the future not just today.

not in that position.

Roy has a perfect spine and blueprint to help England in the World Cup. Liverpools tactics and their English players like Flanagan, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, sterling and sturridge. I would then pick the best of the rest but go for people who can play in the euros to build a team for the future not just today."

Do you believe all those Liverpool players should be in the starting eleven?

3 months later the same player gets the blame for England's poor world cup and is set back years in his development.

Raheem has had a good season and has earned a world cup place but lets not get carried away.

We do this at every tournament the defence is my main concern.

By *ev and TrevCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

As a welsh man and a man utd fan, rooney has only played well in a hand full of games. but like the goal against west ham he is capable of that bit of magic that could win a game. Wilshire has not progressed as i thought he would have. i would go with the youngsters, whats there to lose.

not in that position.

Roy has a perfect spine and blueprint to help England in the World Cup. Liverpools tactics and their English players like Flanagan, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, sterling and sturridge. I would then pick the best of the rest but go for people who can play in the euros to build a team for the future not just today.

Do you believe all those Liverpool players should be in the starting eleven?"

Maybe not Flanagan just yet in the starting 11 but the rest have proved over the year they have been an effect unit.

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

rooney has to play he's your best and he's class . .

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Roy has a perfect spine and blueprint to help England in the World Cup. Liverpools tactics and their English players like Flanagan, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, sterling and sturridge. I would then pick the best of the rest but go for people who can play in the euros to build a team for the future not just today."

see.. this is going to sound strange for what I have said in this thread... but i agree with you with regards to the tactics and playing with the liverpool set up.. but not some of the liverpool personnel...

johnson, gerard, sturridge, gerrard and Stirling....

i really like flanagan... but he is not better that the two left backs in baines and Luke Shaw, or the Right backs, Johnson or Walker....

I think it's a little harsh to judge Rooney on previous tournaments! Let's not forget he wasn't fully fit at most of them.

To be honest I don't think it really matters who plays. The truth is England are not good enough to compete. Who is England's Ronaldo/Messi/Neymar etc etc. England's lack of world class players will hinder them big time!

"I think it's a little harsh to judge Rooney on previous tournaments! Let's not forget he wasn't fully fit at most of them.

To be honest I don't think it really matters who plays. The truth is England are not good enough to compete. Who is England's Ronaldo/Messi/Neymar etc etc. England's lack of world class players will hinder them big time! "

England are good enough to compete the likes of Scotland Wales and Ireland are not.Having said that I doubt they will get to far.

Not getting too far isn't competing?

"Not getting too far isn't competing? "

To me not being competitive is turning up knowing you will get stuffed.England on there day can beat a lot of the other teams in the world cup.England may not be amazing but they are certainly good enough to compete.

"

see.. this is going to sound strange for what I have said in this thread... but i agree with you with regards to the tactics and playing with the liverpool set up.. but not some of the liverpool personnel...

johnson, gerard, sturridge, gerrard and Stirling....

i really like flanagan... but he is not better that the two left backs in baines and Luke Shaw, or the Right backs, Johnson or Walker....

"

I agree that brains is better and a question mark about Henderson but they all play with the tactics that England should adopt and let's not forget the mentally.

We don't need a messi or a ronaldo. Liverpool have beaten the likes of city and United who have a better team but shit tactics.

England will get to the semis if Roy plays the Liverpool way and uses the Liverpool players. Just need to find some decent centre backs now hahahah

Am I the only one who thinks Sterling is good as a player who is good with the ball at his feet but as far as a football brain goes he's thick as fuck?

He's good for LFC but he ain't got a clue when to pass the ball and at WC standard you need a brain.

The same goes for Welbeck..imo he's not the brightest spark on the pitch either.

I don't think Sterlings ready..I'd have Barkley, lallana...

"Am I the only one who thinks Sterling is good as a player who is good with the ball at his feet but as far as a football brain goes he's thick as fuck?

He's good for LFC but he ain't got a clue when to pass the ball and at WC standard you need a brain.

The same goes for Welbeck..imo he's not the brightest spark on the pitch either.

I don't think Sterlings ready..I'd have Barkley, lallana...

"

No I agree I would pick both of them ahead of Sterling!Think Sterling would be good coming off the bench for the last 15 or 20 minutes if we needed a goal.

Barkley is exactly the same.. It's an age/ experience thing. You take any kids you will get that. They are developing, nowhere near the finished article. But in my opinion, Sterling is streets ahead of others his age.

"Barkley is exactly the same.. It's an age/ experience thing. You take any kids you will get that. They are developing, nowhere near the finished article. But in my opinion, Sterling is streets ahead of others his age. "

Its difficult to compare the three as they are different players,I just feel that the other 2 have a better all round game.

By *unguy2757Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Everyone going on re attack minded formations etc .. we are not technically adept enough to actually keep the ball and the emphasis then falls onto the defence .. having sturridge and sterling as wide players totally exposes the full backs .. most of whom cant defend anyway ... walker is not positionally aware .. baines attack minded .. etc etc etc .. lets not big up this england team .. .. we are after all just a small country who thinks were better than actually are ..

I don't think the size of the country has any real bearing on how we do, we have won it after all. It's having the infrastructure at club level to produce great players. Hodgson is very rigid in his formation and picks players to suit, hence Milner always being in the side. But I believe he needs to pick players that are in form and will give us the best opportunity to progress. Sterling is certainly one of them. Whether he fits in to the managers formation is another thing, but he's certainly a player on top of his game right now.

"Sterling is certainly one of them. "

imo he did NOT look comfortable in the last England match...

Ok that could be experience (or lack of).

In which case he needs games, not thrown in at the deep end in a WC.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I don't think the size of the country has any real bearing on how we do, we have won it after all. It's having the infrastructure at club level to produce great players. Hodgson is very rigid in his formation and picks players to suit, hence Milner always being in the side. But I believe he needs to pick players that are in form and will give us the best opportunity to progress. Sterling is certainly one of them. Whether he fits in to the managers formation is another thing, but he's certainly a player on top of his game right now. "

actually the hodgson being rigid thing isn't quite true.....

he is known for playing 4-4-2 however when he was at west brom he played 3-5-2..... and in the england qualifers he played a bit of 4-2-3-1.....

he tends to be rigid with the formation once a game starts... but actually changes formations depending on personnel...

oh my god i went football manager geek!!!

That's a fair point... Wonder if he will dare to change at the WC tho?? I suppose we have nothing to lose, why not just go for it

"

Why use the fact Chelsea whooped 6 past Chelsea Man city whooped 6 past arsenal and Liverpool whooped 5 past arsenal? Might be because you hid when it happened? And I didn't want you to forget it perhaps? that 17 in 3 games 17!

Football wise well like it or not the chap who is probably going to be the manager of the year has a different opinion to you and dare I say it actually knows his football and he rated Henderson. Football is a team game no hail mary's and Henderson is a team player with discipline and handles him self far better than Wiltshire is less petulant and if he was in the Arsenal team you might not be fishing for 4th but still in the running for the top spot. "

oh god!

just for your posts in this thread i really hope liverpool fall flat on their arses against chelsea and palace.

the arrogance coming from you now they have, finally, had a decent season.

NO! rodgers didnt fancy henderson.

at all!

thats why he bought allen with him from swansea

henderson got lucky that allen hastn fitted in as well as hoped, and got injured, and fair play, he has taken his chance.

and no, i wouldnt pick henderson either.

but then i wouldnt pick wilshire either

rooney has 1 good game in 6?

liverpool have had 1 good season in 6, so that makes them about even lol

Rooney hasn't been playing that bad this season,its just a shame he is playing in a mid table team that has no confidence at the minute.

"

Football wise well like it or not the chap who is probably going to be the manager of the year has a different opinion to you and dare I say it actually knows his football and he rated Henderson. Football is a team game no hail mary's and Henderson is a team player with discipline and handles him self far better than Wiltshire is less petulant and if he was in the Arsenal team you might not be fishing for 4th but still in the running for the top spot.

oh god!

just for your posts in this thread i really hope liverpool fall flat on their arses against chelsea and palace.

the arrogance coming from you now they have, finally, had a decent season.

NO! rodgers didnt fancy henderson.

at all!

thats why he bought allen with him from swansea

henderson got lucky that allen hastn fitted in as well as hoped, and got injured, and fair play, he has taken his chance.

and no, i wouldnt pick henderson either.

but then i wouldnt pick wilshire either

rooney has 1 good game in 6?

liverpool have had 1 good season in 6, so that makes them about even lol"

To say Rodgers didn't fancy Henderson is somewhat unfair to Rodgers and Henderson.

Rodgers at the time was the new Liverpool manager with a very tight transfer budget and taking over the role during the 2012 summer transfer window. The club had under performed in the league the previous season but had won a cup and been to a final. They'd also spent a huge amount of money in the previous 18 months with little return.

Like most new managers they'll turn to a player they trust at first. Rodgers went with Allan and Borini and then faced at the end of the 2012 summer window with a striker shortage and no money looked to go a deal for Dempsey where Henderson may have been the makeweight. Fortunately for everyone the deal fell through and since then Rodgers has been able to work with Henderson as one if his team and has changed him into a very valuable albeit under rated team player. If Henderson can develop the knack if scoring goals and taking his scoring chances there'd be no debate as he does everything else right. People forget he's still a young player himself and while I think he would aquit himself very well at the World Cup there are plenty of challengers of which Ross Berkley of Everton is definately a very exciting option.

As for Raheem Sterling the kids phenomenal He has the potential to become one of Englands finest and he could be a huge influence in Brazil. But he is a kid and a lot will depend on how Hodgeson sets his team up and how he uses his available talents. England managers of the past have failed to get the best out of England's many talents so time will tell what happens.

As for now as a good Liverpool fan and member of the Kop my eyes are only focused on the next 3 games where Liverpool can set some new club and PL records and most importantly finish the job.

Jet

YNWA JFT96

If he keeps playing like he is he will defiantly start the first match.

» Add a new message to this topic