blocking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I only ever sent a polite introduction

twice this morning not only is the message ignored they block me

why be so rubbish?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you're not what they're looking for, some people will block you to save theirs and your time in the future. As in, you messaging them further or when they're browsing for a potential meet for example.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Many users have had rants and abuse after declining interest, so it has spawned prolific use of the block feature. It is also worth remembering that some users get hundreds of mails when they log in, just reading them and _iewing profiles can be like a full time job. As said above, you are saved the effort being wasted on future nails with those users who blocked you. Id prefer frank and considerate replies for all but I dont think it will happen on fab, as blocking has become the social norm here. It can mean you have to develop thick skin and also to focus on your profile being as top notch as it can be, to really sell yourself well. Good luck!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I only ever sent a polite introduction

why be so rubbish?"

you know the score... it happens

Said this before, some of the crude, rude, lazy and damn right weird messages we get we always blocking. Why? Coz it's up to us who we want to block, if someone blocks us then they do it for a reason we not going to lose sleep over it.

Tbh it's not the rude one's that annoy us the most, it's the lazy one's where people copy and paste or can't even spell jools correctly.

"Said this before, some of the crude, rude, lazy and damn right weird messages we get we always blocking. Why? Coz it's up to us who we want to block, if someone blocks us then they do it for a reason we not going to lose sleep over it.

Tbh it's not the rude one's that annoy us the most, it's the lazy one's where people copy and paste or can't even spell jools correctly."

One mans Jules is another womans Jools.

I block people I don't like straight away

Otherwise they message again

"I only ever sent a polite introduction

why be so rubbish?"

It's a case of a few spoiling it for the masses.

When I first joined, I always responded, even if it was just a polite no thankyou. But after a few who couldn't take no for an answer, and either tried to convince me they're the best thing since sliced bread, or became abusive, and 1 who kept messaging, then asked me for my house number as he was as close as he could get with the 'within x miles', if I dnt want to talk to somebody, I now just block.

This probably isn't 'fair' to the gents who aren't like this, but I'm not going to risk further abuse.

I will also block guys who haven't even looked at my profile yet, if they live very locally, I live in a small town, and again this may not be 'fair' but it's what works for me to enjoy the site.

There the tools available, so I will use them as I see fit.

» Add a new message to this topic