FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > argrue in forum

argrue in forum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you think some people on here just go against the opening post or raise negative points and the post just to get a reaction. On my short time using this fun place I have to say yes.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No

I like a good argument, clears the air

Whatever you said, I'm going for the opposite

Yes

yes, some do it for attention, others just troll, the worst ones in our opinion are the ones that ignore the op and argue about a different thing

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

no . .red sky at night shepherds delight.

red sky in the morning minister for defence yawning . . . .

I think some people do just for the sake of it but others are seen that way because they disagree with the OP.

I think it can be funny when you look at a thread, go back to it about half an hour later and there is a full blown riot lol

Peoples different _iews, and those not accepting it, its just an opinion, no need for high blood pressure lol

Totally. Some people seem to be very angry on here

I dont believe they do.. i just think having an opposing _iew on a subject is great. Makes better reading than a thread where everyone agrees. It gets juicy

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have read some. When you go back to the op they are talking about something anything. That has absolutely nothing to do with the first statement.

"No "

"yes, some do it for attention, others just troll, the worst ones in our opinion are the ones that ignore the op and argue about a different thing "

"Have read some. When you go back to the op they are talking about something anything. That has absolutely nothing to do with the first statement. "

"Have read some. When you go back to the op they are talking about something anything. That has absolutely nothing to do with the first statement. "

Threads evole and develop though.. can be frustrating at times but when new opinions are shared it can make you question other alleys

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I dont believe they do.. i just think having an opposing _iew on a subject is great. Makes better reading than a thread where everyone agrees. It gets juicy"

This!

Some I expect don't have an outlet in their real life

Then there's people who are in a bad mood n need to take it out on someone x

Somethings written strike a chord n people take offence x

So much is missing in a conversation - eye contact x how it's said x volume etc

It's easy to be defensive though x which the causes a whole new tangent x

The worst for me is when people explain why they are right n are rigid thinkers x then the person attacts start x

It's best just to hold back though x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

And drinks motors people can see both sides of the coin so throw in Opposing _iews to generate debate.

Unfortunately some people on here debate like children and can't help but name call and bitch with it.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Ummm......think the first bit should have said sometimes

"Ummm......think the first bit should have said sometimes "

Lmfaoooo drinks motors. Classic

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I do because I am not a nodding dog

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

A lot of initial posts end with "discuss" or "what do you think?" I imagine the op is interested in debate in those. I do find it ironic though when people who hold an opposing _iew to mine expect the freedom to express it unchallenged but don't allow me the same freedom.....most odd.

As in life you will have people who agree and disagree with you some will disagree just for the sake of it but there are an equal amount who take disagreement as a personal slight.

I got called ring leader of the trolls because i had a different _iew.. i just laugh it off

"Do you think some people on here just go against the opening post or raise negative points and the post just to get a reaction. On my short time using this fun place I have to say yes. "

Because it's better to vent anger here than to kick the cat .

"I got called ring leader of the trolls because i had a different _iew.. i just laugh it off"

Vol'jin lol

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Healthy debate is good fun, but people need to remember this is not a school playground sometimes! !

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I got called ring leader of the trolls because i had a different _iew.. i just laugh it off"

Now there's a title! I have been accused of lacking a sense of humour being self righteous and being judgemental but never given a title.....I bow down to you oh mighty Ring Leader of The Trolls

X

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I will try to answer the very same to males, females & couples. I will be direct but try not to be rude and I have a rule to only post 3 times on a thread as I am not going to do the mass beating up of someone that sometimes happens.

and I am happy for people to be equally direct back.

"I will try to answer the very same to males, females & couples. I will be direct but try not to be rude and I have a rule to only post 3 times on a thread as I am not going to do the mass beating up of someone that sometimes happens.

and I am happy for people to be equally direct back.

"

If people are consistent with their _iewpoint in general then it's obviously what they believe. Not everyone is going to agree with _iews expressed by others and it would make the forums a very boring place if they did.

I've had my _iewpoints changed by what some people have said on various forums over the years.

You're wrong and that's that!

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

is this a five minute argument or the full half hour

"is this a five minute argument or the full half hour"

I think it could last all day!

ayrshire

sh . .you watch. . . i bet today there is the least amount of arguing than any other day and any arguments wil fade quicker than usual. .

Gravesend

"is this a five minute argument or the full half hour

I think it could last all day! "

no it wont

I wondered who they were talking about. Now I know

"is this a five minute argument or the full half hour

I think it could last all day! no it wont "

Oh yes it will!!

"If people are consistent with their _iewpoint in general then it's obviously what they believe. Not everyone is going to agree with _iews expressed by others and it would make the forums a very boring place if they did.

I've had my _iewpoints changed by what some people have said on various forums over the years. "

"I got called ring leader of the trolls because i had a different _iew.. i just laugh it off

Now there's a title! I have been accused of lacking a sense of humour being self righteous and being judgemental but never given a title.....I bow down to you oh mighty Ring Leader of The Trolls

X"

I wondered who he meant the ringleader was. Are you wearing top hat and tails Cute? I bow to your trollyness.

Having a difference of opinion is normal. It happens in everyday life.

How we communicate these differences in a forum vs in real life is usually where the fun and games start.

People can get a little 'overexcited' in the course of getting their opinions across.

Get 2 on the same thread with opposing _iews but the same delivery and BOOM !

One thing that sadly lacks on here is the amount of times that 'sorry' gets overlooked and the fact that very few will ever come back when the dust is settling and say 'ya know what, I was a cock then, I took it way too far and a little out of context'

To me, if you are forthright enough to voice your opinions so vociferously, you should also be man or woman enough to accept that opinions do differ and accept responsibility for what you said, regardless of whether you stand by your comments or whether, in the cold light of say, you can actually see the other persons point.

That would, of course, mean backing down in public, something that few are keen to do.

ayrshire

[Removed by poster at 20/04/14 10:11:50]

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I say what I think...I hope that I'm fair with it..

Think sometimes it down to the readers mood.. if your slightly miffed think its natural to read text with a slightly different tone to if you had just won a grand on the lottery.

Sadly we cant see facial expressions or hear how the written text was meant to come across. Those are big influencial factors i think..

some probably do, so im going to have to say yes.

however, there are posters in here that i know full well will give you an honest opinion of what they believe, i am one of these.

if i disagree with you, i will, if i agree, then kudos on you for being right lol

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Think sometimes it down to the readers mood.. if your slightly miffed think its natural to read text with a slightly different tone to if you had just won a grand on the lottery.

Sadly we cant see facial expressions or hear how the written text was meant to come across. Those are big influencial factors i think..

"

So true...

If everyone would just bloody agree with me there would be no arguments.

You know it makes sense.

Peter Perfect

Gravesend

does this make you a trolly dolly cute

No, not in the main, but occasionally yes. People will have all types of opinion based on their upbringing, life experience etc. Many are just offering their own _iewpoint.

Some wont do it as articulately as others and at times those _iewpoints are insulting and condescending. That's a lack of debating skill though. This can be seen by the OP as being deliberately obtuse.

However there are a minority who will post opposing _iews to certain forumites whom they have issue with, maybe the person disagreed with them previously and they took offence or maybe jealousy etc. I've seen a few times a group, usually women, twist the words to posts that another poster has written. This gang mentality is online bullying but the positive thing about that is they make themselves look more stupid than the person they are attempting to belittle. It doesn't happen too often are moderators are usually aware and act to close the thread down.

"does this make you a trolly dolly cute"

Lol

"some probably do, so im going to have to say yes.

however, there are posters in here that i know full well will give you an honest opinion of what they believe, i am one of these.

if i disagree with you, i will, if i agree, then kudos on you for being right lol"

you're too opinionated and always wrong though

I don't take anything seriously on here until people become personal then they lose the battle of words along with my respect

Healthy debate and banter is good fun,I don't agree with everyone in real life so im not going to in here,Ill listen to opinions though,I won't shout people down,ill question them and ill sometimes change my own opinion because of them

Having spent a lot of time as a participant in the minimally structured groups the behaviour in the forum comes as no surprise. People adopt roles with predictable behaviour.

The unstructured nature with groundrules that give lattiude to a fair amount of freedom of expression.

The protection of a keyboard and screen also gives rise to people being willing say things that wouldn't have the courage to say in face-to-face conversations.

The difficulties of conveying subtle humour that lightens the mood also adds to tension. In addition reduced ability to convey emotion, through tone and body language, all combine to makes things even more challenging.

Add in the sexual element of Fab forums and the ingredients are there for some quite riotous threads.

On the whole I do my utmost not to cause offense in posts or private messages but have failed a few times But I apologise and learn quickly

"some probably do, so im going to have to say yes.

if i disagree with you, i will, if i agree, then kudos on you for being right lol

you're too opinionated and always wrong though "

opinionated, yes.

always wrong? not that i will ever admit lol

I try not to get involved but I'll sometimes say something if it strikes a chord with me and can be bothered.

Some of debates/arguments have been very enlightening (the independence ones spring to mind) but as soon as they start leading to name calling I usually stop reading as I'm generally just here for the banter/repartee.

Too many drama Queens in the forums. There certainly are quite a few attention seeking, self obsessed and opinionated people here who are always looking for an argument. Out in the real world some of the _iews expressed in the forums would never be entertained as a smack in the nose often hurts. Behind a pixel it's amazing how some can get so offensive in their posts.

Having said that some forumites are a delight to read and do bring a good balance in the forums.

I think that some people deliberately set out to be offensive and upset people and those are the ones I don't like. But you get others who like to get a debate going or play devil's advocate and they make the forums interesting. Even if they are somewhat annoying, they amuse me.

"I think some people do just for the sake of it but others are seen that way because they disagree with the OP."

"Do you think some people on here just go against the opening post or raise negative points and the post just to get a reaction. On my short time using this fun place I have to say yes. "

I never argrue with people that can't spell. It seems unfair.

"Do you think some people on here just go against the opening post or raise negative points and the post just to get a reaction. On my short time using this fun place I have to say yes.

I never argrue with people that can't spell. It seems unfair."

makes me laugh how they have the nerve to start a thread these poor spellers

"Do you think some people on here just go against the opening post or raise negative points and the post just to get a reaction. On my short time using this fun place I have to say yes.

makes me laugh how they have the nerve to start a thread these poor spellers "

makes me laugh how they have the nerve to start a thread these poor spellers "

Seems like a baited hook....a loaded gun, if you ask me

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I never argrue with people that can't spell. It seems unfair."

intentional?

intentional?"

See above

"no . .red sky at night shepherds delight.

red sky in the morning minister for defence yawning . . . ."

I thought it was 'red sky in morning, barns on fire. '. Lol

In response to OP, i think alot depends on the person. Some come to argue, some merely have a differing opinion.

"No, not in the main, but occasionally yes. People will have all types of opinion based on their upbringing, life experience etc. Many are just offering their own _iewpoint.

Some wont do it as articulately as others and at times those _iewpoints are insulting and condescending. That's a lack of debating skill though. This can be seen by the OP as being deliberately obtuse.

However there are a minority who will post opposing _iews to certain forumites whom they have issue with, maybe the person disagreed with them previously and they took offence or maybe jealousy etc. I've seen a few times a group, usually women, twist the words to posts that another poster has written. This gang mentality is online bullying but the positive thing about that is they make themselves look more stupid than the person they are attempting to belittle. It doesn't happen too often are moderators are usually aware and act to close the thread down."

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"Whatever you said, I'm going for the opposite "

Don't have sex with me

"Whatever you said, I'm going for the opposite

Don't have sex with me "

Oh darn , walked right into that one didn't i

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I like a good discussion but I have avoided opening some threads as the title makes me think there will be little discussion. That has come with getting to know and experience how such topics are treated on the forum.

If I start a thread then I will stick with it and try and bring it back to the OP if it's going into the offensive. If it has evolved into a topic linked to the OP then I will participate with that - it's a conversation.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I think you're all fuckers, hence I'm concentrating more on my wanking prowess

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I think you're all fuckers, hence I'm concentrating more on my wanking prowess "

Tosspot

"I think you're all fuckers, hence I'm concentrating more on my wanking prowess "

Lol, so you're a wanker

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I think you're all fuckers, hence I'm concentrating more on my wanking prowess

Lol, so you're a wanker "

Yup

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

depends on how much shit people are talking.....

if the pish detector is high.. I just cant keep my gob shut....

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Less is often more. It is often those comments that just try to point score that lose all. Debate is good, and I appreciate opposing _iews to my own, it is good food for thought.

As some of you may have noticedmI'm not afraid of voicing my opinion. I'm not deliberately outspoken but have no qualms about upsetting people. I also like to think I'm consistent in my _iews.

The posters who I admire are not necessarily those that I agree with but those not afraid to voice opinions.

I do think that some posts are so deliberately provocative and/or ill informed intelligent debate is always going to be a struggle hence why they descend in to slagging matches

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"As some of you may have noticedmI'm not afraid of voicing my opinion. I'm not deliberately outspoken but have no qualms about upsetting people. I also like to think I'm consistent in my _iews.

The posters who I admire are not necessarily those that I agree with but those not afraid to voice opinions.

I do think that some posts are so deliberately provocative and/or ill informed intelligent debate is always going to be a struggle hence why they descend in to slagging matches

"

can't say I've ever noticed.....

By *hocolate007Man  over a year ago

london

Seems like a baited hook....a loaded gun, if you ask me"

i shit wot i say in d toilet and i say wot i shit in de disctionery

If this stuff bothers you a good walk may help - outdoors, and far.

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Seems like a baited hook....a loaded gun, if you ask mei shit wot i say in d toilet and i say wot i shit in de disctionery "

jeese! Ya aint still shitting are ya?! You got shares in andrex bog roll or what?! Haha

» Add a new message to this topic