FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Banana cake..

Banana cake..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have several horrible black very ripe bananas in my kitchen, all due to the fact my diet has completely gone out of the window this week.

Any suggestions (clean ones ha!) on what I could make with them instead of chucking them out?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I have several horrible black very ripe bananas in my kitchen, all due to the fact my diet has completely gone out of the window this week.

Any suggestions (clean ones ha!) on what I could make with them instead of chucking them out? "

Several BBB's....sounds like a fruitophiles wet dream...

I can only think to chuck them out...or add a few melons and have an orgy....before chucking them out.

By *a petite madameWoman  over a year ago

London / Essex

Banana cake is a good idea. They're more malleable when like that so easier to mash up

"Banana cake is a good idea. They're more malleable when like that so easier to mash up "
oooooh is it a simple recipe?

Banana milk shakes

"Banana milk shakes"
could do... Recipes ??

"Banana milk shakes"

Yum

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Smoothies.

One banana, an individual pot of live yoghurt (get one with no added sugar if pos), a handful of berries (frozen ones are perfect and no need to defrost) and a handful of porridge oats.

Then blitz with a blender (stick or cup).

If it's too thick add some ice.

And you can freeze bananas. Chop into chunks then either eat frozen or use for more smoothies.

"Smoothies.

One banana, an individual pot of live yoghurt (get one with no added sugar if pos), a handful of berries (frozen ones are perfect and no need to defrost) and a handful of porridge oats.

Then blitz with a blender (stick or cup).

If it's too thick add some ice.

And you can freeze bananas. Chop into chunks then either eat frozen or use for more smoothies. "

this sounds good too! Thankyou

Have you got strawberries?

Seeing as your diet is out the window. Get a blender and add a bit of single or double cream, some vanilla ice cream (depending on how thick you want the drink) and a couple of ice cubes. Chuck in the strawberries and bananas. And you should have a nice smoothie. Perfect for this weather.

...if not. Just bloody eat the banana!

Sheffield

Choc banana Smoothie:

One banana, one to two teaspoons of cocoa powder, one pot live vanilla yoghurt, oats if wanted, ice to thin if wanted.

Blitz.

Adjust the cocoa to your preference and you have chocolate but with no refined sugar.

"Have you got strawberries?

Seeing as your diet is out the window. Get a blender and add a bit of single or double cream, some vanilla ice cream (depending on how thick you want the drink) and a couple of ice cubes. Chuck in the strawberries and bananas. And you should have a nice smoothie. Perfect for this weather.

...if not. Just bloody eat the banana!

"

I couldn't eat the banana as it is pops they taste vile

By *semymouth_2024Man  over a year ago

swanwick, Alfreton

Banana Bread

"Choc banana Smoothie:

One banana, one to two teaspoons of cocoa powder, one pot live vanilla yoghurt, oats if wanted, ice to thin if wanted.

Blitz.

Adjust the cocoa to your preference and you have chocolate but with no refined sugar. "

oh you're good!!

"Banana Bread "
do you have an easy recipe?

I'm no master chef! Ha

"Choc banana Smoothie:

Blitz.

Adjust the cocoa to your preference and you have chocolate but with no refined sugar. "

Erm, can you come round my house anytime soon. I might just marry you lol

You know they say 'the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach' - or it could be just mine lool

Banana, milk and a dash of honey is how I make mine

Now I'm singing the banana bunch song

Can't get it out of my head

Banana and chocolate chip cake or muffins.

Banana milk shakes in blender.

Banana pancakes with honey or golden syrup

To name three

By *a petite madameWoman  over a year ago

London / Essex

"Banana cake is a good idea. They're more malleable when like that so easier to mash up oooooh is it a simple recipe? "

I usually look on BBC good food

"Banana and chocolate chip cake or muffins.

To name three "

to make cakes would it be you're standard cake mix for fairy cakes??

Sheffield

"Choc banana Smoothie:

Blitz.

Adjust the cocoa to your preference and you have chocolate but with no refined sugar. oh you're good!! "

I lost a stone in seven weeks!

Avoiding refined sugar and most carbs helped a lot.

"Choc banana Smoothie:

Blitz.

Adjust the cocoa to your preference and you have chocolate but with no refined sugar. oh you're good!!

Avoiding refined sugar and most carbs helped a lot. "

well done you!!!

"Choc banana Smoothie:

Blitz.

Adjust the cocoa to your preference and you have chocolate but with no refined sugar. oh you're good!!

Avoiding refined sugar and most carbs helped a lot. "

there's carbs in practically everything, do you mean bread, potato etc?

To name three to make cakes would it be you're standard cake mix for fairy cakes??"

No the cake is done as a loaf.

To name three to make cakes would it be you're standard cake mix for fairy cakes??

No the cake is done as a loaf."

do you know the recipe?

Na na naa na na na naaa ..na na na naaa na na

"Na na naa na na na naaa ..na na na naaa na na "

Great !!! Now it's back again.

"Na na naa na na na naaa ..na na na naaa na na

Great !!! Now it's back again. "

sing frill lol

Her

"Now I'm singing the banana bunch song

Can't get it out of my head"

now I'm singing it!

Can you make ice cream from bananas? You could add to yoghurt and freeze it

Sheffield

"Choc banana Smoothie:

Blitz.

Avoiding refined sugar and most carbs helped a lot. there's carbs in practically everything, do you mean bread, potato etc?"

Yes. I didn't eat anything with wheat in or any potatoes. I ate some rice but only a limited amount and preferably brown (I knew if I cut the white carbs completely I'd react against it and fall off the wagon majorly). So I was still eating a full range of fruit and veg which contain both natural sugars and lower levels of carbs.

I also cut out meat most of the time, I ate Linda McCartney sausages, quorn in all its variations (except the lamb style grills, they're nasty) and lots of different beans and pulses so I was full.

Oh and practically no dairy, just occasional live yoghurt (full fat sometimes but never with added sugars) and the milk in my treat lattes. But definitely no cheese.

I also cut out most oils/fats. By not having wheat there was no bread to put butter on and no cakes or pastries. Lots of my meals were casserole style.which I.made in the slow cooker and I didn't fry things first just put them straight in. If I added sausages I sometimes grilled.them a little to colour them.

If I had to 'fry' onions etc I would use water instead of oil, adding more if necessary.

This way I ate huge meals and felt full all the time and the weight just melted away. I did have to plan my meals but the slow cooker meant that there was always a meal ready at the end of the day.

"Choc banana Smoothie:

Blitz.

Avoiding refined sugar and most carbs helped a lot. there's carbs in practically everything, do you mean bread, potato etc?

Yes. I didn't eat anything with wheat in or any potatoes. I ate some rice but only a limited amount and preferably brown (I knew if I cut the white carbs completely I'd react against it and fall off the wagon majorly). So I was still eating a full range of fruit and veg which contain both natural sugars and lower levels of carbs.

I also cut out meat most of the time, I ate Linda McCartney sausages, quorn in all its variations (except the lamb style grills, they're nasty) and lots of different beans and pulses so I was full.

Oh and practically no dairy, just occasional live yoghurt (full fat sometimes but never with added sugars) and the milk in my treat lattes. But definitely no cheese.

I also cut out most oils/fats. By not having wheat there was no bread to put butter on and no cakes or pastries. Lots of my meals were casserole style.which I.made in the slow cooker and I didn't fry things first just put them straight in. If I added sausages I sometimes grilled.them a little to colour them.

If I had to 'fry' onions etc I would use water instead of oil, adding more if necessary.

This way I ate huge meals and felt full all the time and the weight just melted away. I did have to plan my meals but the slow cooker meant that there was always a meal ready at the end of the day. "

Iv been sticking to the weight watchers simple start (apart from this week) any weight watchers bread is free and whole wheat pasta is free bit, I don't want too much bread not do I like whole wheat pasta.

I like sweet potato rather than potato and if I have potato I make homemade chips with fry light or a jacket with beans once a week. I eat chicken and salmon. I used to love Linda m sausages I think I will get some more of those.

Anyone got any easy recipes for banana cake/loaf please?

» Add a new message to this topic