FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I'm worried....

I'm worried....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is anyone else concerned that we are raising a nation of selfish, greedy disrespectful and highly disillusioned fame hungry arrogant little twunts...

We seem to congratulate people for 'nothing' and our hero's are becoming heroic for again doing NOTHING!!

We encourage people to complain if they're not getting what they want as oppose to go out and bloody strive for it..I was raised earning respect and even then you never always got it, but we didn't run off and post it online for 50 over people to agree with..with a picture of our silly faces and a peace sign.

Becoming famous now is like the post office queue, kids are waiting for their number to be called and when it isn't and they end up in the real world...they're I'll prepared and bitter..I dread to think what chat up lines are these days, "here love can I come back to yours and charge mi phone up" or do they talk text.." I wnt fk u so bad" pahaha

Rant....

Overfor now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When will i..Will i be Famous

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Personally and from experience I think that's not a true reflection of youth. I see hardworking teenagers getting themselves an education while working evenings and weekends, young men and women in their twenties doing their week day job then working on Saturdays so that they can afford to run their car. They are good, honest and decent in the same proportion as the adult population in my opinion.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

There has always been that minority but the internet and social media have made it easier for us to see them all.

The young people I know all work hard for what they achieve, they are helpful, kind and respectful. I am really proud to know them and work with them.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Mmmm I think some people just HAVE to disagree...

Me too...)

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"There has always been that minority but the internet and social media have made it easier for us to see them all.

The young people I know all work hard for what they achieve, they are helpful, kind and respectful. I am really proud to know them and work with them."

Unfortunately the percentage between the minority,and the majority,narrows with every generation.

I totally disagree, those young men fighting in Afghanistan don't fit your description at all (many of whom are still teenagers). They are brave, courageous and selfless!

Sure your view may describe a very few of the youth of this country but the qualities of shown by our young soldiers are a better representation of our nations younger population.

You watch too much tv

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

the young ones are not as stupid as our generations...Thats evolution baby.if you wanna be the best if you wanna beat the rest evolutions where its at. . . .or is that Roy castles record breakers.? . . x x X

Having heard the view on fayre dodging by a twenty year old on LBC earlier this week, I don't know about raising, they're raised. Perhaps I shouldn't come to this conclusion based on one person. We shall see.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

the same thing has been said about every generation,but with every generation there are the good the bad and the ugly, and how you are brought up plays a massive part in how you turn out(there are always exceptions)

"the same thing has been said about every generation,but with every generation there are the good the bad and the ugly, and how you are brought up plays a massive part in how you turn out(there are always exceptions)"

I'd have to disagree on this. My daughter who will be 21 in august has just finished uni.. She has 3 jobs and works bloody hard for everything she has. She's got a full 9to5 during the week and weekend does nights as a manager of a bar/club and also works all day sat in a hair salon... My nephew has also done 4 tours of Afghanistan and he's only 25. He now works on the bench for the Queens Council in the Courts.

I get what your sayin, but I think its just a small minority of youth that sit on their arse all day and expect handouts.

I disagree. I know lots of teenagers & younger people that are model citizens . Members of youth groups , sports teams & brought up to respect others.

Yes there is the minority who aren't like that , but it's the minority . Not all of the older generation have done fantastic things . I've come across a fair few reprobates. And I'm not knocking the oldies as they're my faves to work with.

Cut the youngsters some slack.

"You watch too much tv "

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

As others have said this is a generalisation and I too have kids that have left home, work hard and pay their way. If we are going to generalise let's blame all adults who go along with the celebrity adoration culture by watching 'celebrity' reality TV in its many forms, buy celebrity magazines, get taken in by celebrity promotion in newpapers and the film industry, watch x factor, BT etc.

By *eno_2004Man  over a year ago

Bishops Stortford

In some ways I agree but the reality is that as long as the masses feed this celebrity craze then things will Bly get worse .... All you have to do is look at these so called reality "staged" shows !!!!

Also like you said kids these days get congratulated for anything and everything

What happened to competition and losing so you can learn to dust yourself off and try harder?! Why bother because now everyone's a winner

"When will i..Will i be Famous "

I can't answer that

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

Their will always be in ever aspect a proportion that tanish the rest with same brush its unfortunate but happens. There's always a flipside to the coin. To every hard working well mannered repectful individual there is a lazy arrogant ill-mannered dip just the way life is and has always been near enough

I agree! Yes there are a lot of decent, hard working people. But there are also people that are not.

Of course it's not about all people.... but there is certainly a slow descent into something not that great.

Maybe it's just a natural progression into something new. It might all turn good in the end.

It's the public's fault for wanting entertainment. Before tv people would do crafts, visit people in the middle of the night, have barn raisings, and get married at the age of 12. It's called progress and civilisation

Bishops Stortford

"It's the public's fault for wanting entertainment. Before tv people would do crafts, visit people in the middle of the night, have barn raisings, and get married at the age of 12. It's called progress and civilisation "

Progress great, entertainment yes please but feeding the frenzy of celeb culture not so sure

"When will i..Will i be Famous

I can't answer that "

i was going to cut you in for 15% as well

By *tirling DarkCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

"I totally disagree, those young men fighting in Afghanistan don't fit your description at all (many of whom are still teenagers). They are brave, courageous and selfless!

Sure your view may describe a very few of the youth of this country but the qualities of shown by our young soldiers are a better representation of our nations younger population. "

Not only young men, hundreds of female service personnel out there too. (Ex-PMRAFNS)

"It's the public's fault for wanting entertainment. Before tv people would do crafts, visit people in the middle of the night, have barn raisings, and get married at the age of 12. It's called progress and civilisation

Progress great, entertainment yes please but feeding the frenzy of celeb culture not so sure "

but we do it. Bands bring out merchandise that everyone has to have. Sports clubs bring out kits and merchandise. It's not about who is best at what they do, it's who is made popular by promotion in the music world. Aimed at young people because they are the new market

By *tirling DarkCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

It is not only the younger generations. The number of middle aged people who hero worship the unworthy "celeb", who get upset when someone doesn't like their facebook comment/picture within five minutes.

"When will i..Will i be Famous

I can't answer that

i was going to cut you in for 15% as well "

Will that get our picture in the papers ?

By *rgreysMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

There's no school or universality that can teach kids that hardwork pays off more than anything.

Bishops Stortford

"There's no school or universality that can teach kids that hardwork pays off more than anything. "

» Add a new message to this topic