FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Staying friends

Staying friends

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it possible to stay friends after a relationship?

I know it depends on various circumstances but the views and experiences of forumtes would be much appreciated.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

It can happen I just choose not to...

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Yes it is....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Depends, do you mean a proper relationship? I'm in touch with a few but wouldn't say friends

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ive only had one significant relationship as an adult and im still with him so I wouldn't know,id like to think it would be possible but it must depend on the terms of the break up

By *utterflywingsWoman  over a year ago

Creswell Derbyshire

"Is it possible to stay friends after a relationship?

I know it depends on various circumstances but the views and experiences of forumtes would be much appreciated. "

Yes it is, my ex and i are really good friends, had him round for lunch yesterday and it was nice to have a catch up....Shame he cant tell his g/f though that we are still friends but hey thats his problem lol

Yes I've managed it with a couple of exes.

Depends who it is. I still speak to one ex but I don't speak to the last ex as he became spiteful and vile and was stalking me on here.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I have exes I still chat to regularly and some I could happily hit with a shovel

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Most of my relationships have ended badly so choose not to...

By *ibanditMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Some I am still friends with, some I'm not. Very case-specific.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

For me definitely.

It's only my 2nd relationship the first being a long and controlling one. He's a lovely man but we have to many differences we can't seem to work out.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I would have thought it would be possible if you had both invested a lot into the relationship. I still friend with a few of mine and still think the world of them.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"It's only my 2nd relationship the first being a long and controlling one. He's a lovely man but we have to many differences we can't seem to work out. "

If relationships were easy everyone would have one. Depends if you think it is worth working at and if you both treat each other right

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I know it depends on various circumstances but the views and experiences of forumtes would be much appreciated. "

I was friends, very good friends with my ex-husband, people often asked if we were divorced, including my in-laws. Still did family things together...until I got a boyfriend.

Eleven years we've been apart, discounting the first year when he was bitter I left, ten years wiped out. When our youngest graduates later this year it'll be the first time we won't be sat together on such an occasion.

Very good friends with 2 of my exes but I wouldn't piss on the most recent.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm struggling at the moment.

The one im friends with still lives in Australia, that's enough distance for us to stay on good terms!! The other 2 I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

One I would still speak to, one I'd happily not...

But as it is it is easier to forget about them. They are exes for a reason.

I know it depends on various circumstances but the views and experiences of forumtes would be much appreciated.

I was friends, very good friends with my ex-husband, people often asked if we were divorced, including my in-laws. Still did family things together...until I got a boyfriend.

Eleven years we've been apart, discounting the first year when he was bitter I left, ten years wiped out. When our youngest graduates later this year it'll be the first time we won't be sat together on such an occasion."

Thats very sad to hear,when you spoke about your relationship with him I used to wonder why everyone couldn't act so civilised after a split,maybe he'll realise that you are entitled to have a boyfriend and come round,Thats a lot for him to throw away

[Removed by poster at 18/04/14 18:58:37]

Depends on circumstances surrounding the break up but yes it can happen

a girl i dated for 3 yrs is married to my best mate and we all close friends it didnt/doesnt bother me they hooked up

but we just grew apart when dating we never had a big "bust-up"

"Thanks for everyone's input. I'm struggling at the moment. "

I think it depends on how & who finished the relationship as to whether you can be friends.

Are you struggling because you still have feelings?

One I'm still in contact with as in she's on my facebook cos she's bloody funny cracks me up.

I've only dated 2 others in my life and if I saw them in the street it would be hello/chat.

But 1 of them..my last one we used to row really badly.

But like I say..if I saw her in the street *occasionally I do* it wouldn't be like we'd ignore each other. It would be fine.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I'm still friends with my ex, not on a daily or monthly basis but if either of us needs something (nothing sexual) we would turn to the other first

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Eleven years we've been apart, discounting the first year when he was bitter I left, ten years wiped out. When our youngest graduates later this year it'll be the first time we won't be sat together on such an occasion."

Oh no!!! Shame that's not stayed the way it was. X

That's such a shame. I always thought it was so nice that you both still got on well.

Friends of mine get on better now than when they were married to each other, they now rent a house together but as mates not as a couple.

London

Eleven years we've been apart, discounting the first year when he was bitter I left, ten years wiped out. When our youngest graduates later this year it'll be the first time we won't be sat together on such an occasion.

Thats very sad to hear,when you spoke about your relationship with him I used to wonder why everyone couldn't act so civilised after a split,maybe he'll realise that you are entitled to have a boyfriend and come round,Thats a lot for him to throw away "

Thirty six years we've known each other, would have been married thirty four years in July, really close. The girls reckon that's the problem: we've been too close but I don't think so.

In his religion he can't remarry whilst I'm alive. Both of us being single: fine. Now I'm with someone he's angry and nasty. I'm like those sad cows who get lonely in old age and meet men who rob them off their money. Told the girls to kiss any legacy goodbye!

London

That's such a shame. I always thought it was so nice that you both still got on well. "

He's been really, really nasty: took me completely by surprise his venom.

Yes.

Me and my ex are friends. We've got kids so in a way we have to, but she still talks to me about things when she needs someone and vise versa. Get on a lot better than when we where living with each other.

Occasionally will take te kids out together.

If he didn't have a boyfriend is say we'd be best friends.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Yes.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I was good friends with an ex-boyfriend for years until he got a new girlfriend.

I guess our friendship made her feel threatened.

It's funny though because it was ok for them to ask me to do stuff for them, like fix their computers and network, but they were unavailable to do anything to help me, even stuff my ex- had already agreed to do before he met her and not got round to.

I've cut them both out of my life now and good riddance.

I'm still very good friends with my ex husband. He has a new gf who I talk to as well

In a bizarre twist of fate, my ex Mrs is now my direct boss.

"In a bizarre twist of fate, my ex Mrs is now my direct boss. "

^lol crazy shit!

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

when I found out my ex was ill I did get in touch we chat now and again but I doubt his new gf knows that

Sure it is but its also possible to fight like hellcats.

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

im friends with a good few of my exes in fact one of my exes lived with us for a time lol

id say so but for me only had two past long relationships - one ended in divorce (hes so not my friend) and one in him passing away so ive no experience of it -

[Removed by poster at 18/04/14 21:42:56]

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

im good friends with my ex we go to see our Grandson together and iv spent most xmas days with him because we still like to keep the family together

Yes its possible, a can talk to all my ex's

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It is possible, but I generally outgrow them and have more clean breaks than conversions.

Yes it is.. If relationships end they end. Ppl can't help when they fall in and out of love, it just happens. Better to walk away with your head high than be bitter. I'm friends with a few of my ex's even ones from my teens..

Yes it is.

» Add a new message to this topic