FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > My Dog

My Dog

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

On Sunday while out walking my dogs. One of them dropped to the floor and started to fit. Unusual as they're both 5 and nothing like that has ever happened before. Just had a call from the vet to say her blood test had come back as normal. Possibly mild epilepsy. I'm so relieved as had been worried all week thinking it could be something really serious. Anyone have a dog with epilepsy? If so, any advice? Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No. But heat/exhaustion/dehydration can cause that.

Doggy Gangnam Style!! Woof woof!!

Glad he/she's ok. Bet it was expensive mind.

Im glad its nothing too serious!My staffie whos as mad as a box of ten million frogs,will quite often flop down in an exhausted heap if shes been tearing round expecially in warmer weather.I carry a water bottle round with me to dous her with!

Thanks guys. We'd only just started the walk so it wasn't the heat. But she did convulse for a few seconds then kind of passed out then came round a few seconds later. Scared the life out of me!

"Doggy Gangnam Style!! Woof woof!!

Glad he/she's ok. Bet it was expensive mind. "

it wasn't that expensive to be fair. Saying that, I'd sell my house to pay for treatment that was beyond me

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Im glad its nothing too serious!My staffie whos as mad as a box of ten million frogs,will quite often flop down in an exhausted heap if shes been tearing round expecially in warmer weather.I carry a water bottle round with me to dous her with! "
yours must be mine relative lol

My last dog used to have fits, but because I knew what triggered it (heat), I took measures to avoid it. There is medication, but the vet told me it's not a cure, but a managed condition. So I just avoided the triggers.

P

By *nigmatic1Woman  over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

My dog almost died 3 weeks after I got her. She swallowed the end of a dummy, no one realised it until she passed it out 10 days later. She's a cross chihuahua yorkie so only tiny at the time and I got a call from the vet saying she was critical and wouldn't last the night ! I willed her to make it and she did but got presented with a HUGE vet bill. Worth every penny as she's my baby bless her! Scared the shit outta me when I thought she was going to die tho

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Its bloody horrible when a pet becomes ill....hope you are over the scare and glad she is ok xx

By *ove bi guysWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

My sisters dog has epilepsy. He is also blind through neglect before my sister got him and has a heart murmur ... for his epilepsy he has tablets twice a day 7.30am/pm ish.

Keeps it.under control well. Gets checked twice a yr, once at injection time and then 6 mths after.

Very happy dog. When he has a very occasional fit now we let him ride it and cuddle him after.n let him rest.

» Add a new message to this topic