FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > why?

why?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uby0000 OP   Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

I know someone who passed his driving test 40 years ago but has never had a car?

don't understand why he has never bothered

he renews when they get in touch

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

for identity purposes?

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Thought I was bad, have to renew my license in July...haven't driven this century!

By *udie_GirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Rochdale

Anyone who has a picture card license better take a close look at the expiry date for your picture. If that runs out then the license is invalid, no matter what the expiry date says!

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

Maybe because he doesn't need to own a car.

My boyfriend passed his test 25 years ago and bought his first car about 6 weeks ago. In that time he has always had a company vehicle and has driven well over 3/4 million miles. He only bought a car now because he is no longer able to use the company vehicle for personal use and wanted a way to get me back to my family if anything bad happens with their health.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We know someone who passed their rest about thirty or more years ago and has never driven. It does seem odd but I suppose now we have pictures licences they can use it for I.D.

I still have a lovely paper one

hertfordshire

"We know someone who passed their rest about thirty or more years ago and has never driven. It does seem odd but I suppose now we have pictures licences they can use it for I.D."

possibility not sure

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

How many people have university degrees and never worked in that field.no difference.nice to live in a country where you can do things because you can.

hertfordshire

he said there is nowhere to park a car but he could rent a garage

think of the money he has saved,ever rising fuel costs,insurance,road tax depreciation

wish i could get by without one

hertfordshire

"think of the money he has saved,ever rising fuel costs,insurance,road tax depreciation

wish i could get by without one"

that could be why as he dont like spending money but if he goes to see a relative he goes to a lot they always have to collect him from the station then they moan about it

Still saved money though lol

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"Anyone who has a picture card license better take a close look at the expiry date for your picture. If that runs out then the license is invalid, no matter what the expiry date says!"

Untrue. You are still a valid driver with a valid paper licence therefore legal to drive. Just the photocard has expired. I checked recently as mine had expired and dvla informed me it was a still a valid driving licence!!

By *uriosity filled the ....Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Some jobs require employees to have a driving licence so they can, at very short notice, have the honour of taking *insert work related item* in the works van to the other end of the country for 10am then next day etc.

"Anyone who has a picture card license better take a close look at the expiry date for your picture. If that runs out then the license is invalid, no matter what the expiry date says!

Untrue. You are still a valid driver with a valid paper licence therefore legal to drive. Just the photocard has expired. I checked recently as mine had expired and dvla informed me it was a still a valid driving licence!!"

It couldn't be used as a valid form of ID though and you can get fined £1,000 for not updating it. It's amazing how many expired ones are floating around though...and they always need finance payouts super quickly too

» Add a new message to this topic