FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Has anyone. ...

Has anyone. ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Used an IPL machine for hair removal. How effective are they? Your comments would be most welcome

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

They are more effective if the hair is dark and your skin pale. If your hair is very blonde or white/grey it's a waste of money.

It is no longer advertised as permanent hair removal as the hair can grow back, though not for some time.

It kind of feels like an elastic band pinging on your skin.

The hair is not gone immediately, it can take q few sessions before you see a difference.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The other halfs been considering Laser removal (done professionally at a clinic, not one of these home kits which is nothing more than a laser pointer and a magnifying glass).

Anyone had experience of laser hair removal and is it worth it?

"They are more effective if the hair is dark and your skin pale. If your hair is very blonde or white/grey it's a waste of money.

It is no longer advertised as permanent hair removal as the hair can grow back, though not for some time.

The hair is not gone immediately, it can take q few sessions before you see a difference. "

Interesting, did you use it? Or is that what you have heard?

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I was reading about these yesterday on the Argos website. It looks like the bulbs are only good for a certain amount of pulses/flashes. I think some you can change and some you can't.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Tweezers.

Simples.

A

I have fair hair all over so when I went to see about it was told straight it would not be very effective. It's work better on darker hair I was told.

"Tweezers.

Simples.

A"

Could be there for a very long time with them

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I honestly wouldn't mind waxing you. I'd even do it for free

Groupon are doing a good offer for £99 on a home machine and I was wondering whether spending that amount of money to see if it works was worthwhile. The online reviews are non - existent at the moment.

"I honestly wouldn't mind waxing you. I'd even do it for free "

Have you got a week free lol

Not sure if these home gadgets are that easy to use by yourself.

Waxing for me is the best method or you could book in for a course of laser hair removal ~ can be quite expensive though.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I honestly wouldn't mind waxing you. I'd even do it for free

Have you got a week free lol "

I've got access to a ride on lawn mower

Sheffield

"They are more effective if the hair is dark and your skin pale. If your hair is very blonde or white/grey it's a waste of money.

The hair is not gone immediately, it can take q few sessions before you see a difference.

Interesting, did you use it? Or is that what you have heard?"

I have had some sessions. It reduced it but didn't get rid and a couple of years later there doesn't look to be much difference.

I also know someone who works for the manufacturers of these machines and some are much better than others. Even if you use a top of the range machine don't expect it to be permanent.

They are the sane/similar machines as used for scar and thread vein reduction. That treatment is very effective.

The home machines are much less powerful than the bottom of the range salon machines. If you get one it's best that you have someone to wield it instead of trying to do it to yourself.

I'd get help using it

I'm such a wimp that waxing is not my preferred option. Home waxing brought me up in big spots - horrible. My back looked like I had blue waffle.

And I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to my vanity so paying salon prices for waxing or even more expensive laser removal.

I've no intention of losing the hairy chest as I like that. But I'm a hairy bastard and it grows like wildfire on my back and arse.

I've tried Veet on my arse and it was patchy. So close-trimming the hair on my back and arse with a hair trimmer has given the most satisfactory results.

I've shaved my cock and balls for years so I have a solution for that except every so often I get a bit of razor rash but I live with it.

I'm now at the age where hair grows everywhere except on the top of my head and it's a bit of a pain in the arse

"The other halfs been considering Laser removal (done professionally at a clinic, not one of these home kits which is nothing more than a laser pointer and a magnifying glass).

"

Mrs P tried the laser removal at a reputable salon on the high road. It didn't work at all. After many sessions (over a year) the manager said she didn't have to pay anymore just book an appointment. She did return a few times but mainly just for a chat as she had got quite friendly with the staff there. She has given up now and although the hair is a bit thinner there isn't that much difference. They said it could be her age. We know a few people who used this salon with great success so I suppose it can work for some.

"I honestly wouldn't mind waxing you. I'd even do it for free

Have you got a week free lol I've got access to a ride on lawn mower "

Now we're talking.

I spend more bloody time dealing with unwanted hair than I do working. I'd be a millionaire if I could sort it out

Sheffield

"The other halfs been considering Laser removal (done professionally at a clinic, not one of these home kits which is nothing more than a laser pointer and a magnifying glass).

Mrs P tried the laser removal at a reputable salon on the high road. It didn't work at all. After many sessions (over a year) the manager said she didn't have to pay anymore just book an appointment. She did return a few times but mainly just for a chat as she had got quite friendly with the staff there. She has given up now and although the hair is a bit thinner there isn't that much difference. They said it could be her age. We know a few people who used this salon with great success so I suppose it can work for some. "

It is most successful on hair with a lot of pigment (dark) growing in paler skin. So it's poor for those who are black or have a darker skintone and has very little effect on blondes and grey/white hair.

I'm a perfect candidate cos my hair is very dark and my skintone very fair but it would have taken a lot of sessions to make a dramatic difference and there's no guarantee of permanence.

By *leasures4Couple  over a year ago

East midlands

We are looking in to buying an IPL machine. We have seen the £99 one on groupon but there are no reviews so we wont buy that one.

A friend of ours uses a Phillips lumea and its really good. The reviews are fantastic although its around £350-400.

"We are looking in to buying an IPL machine. We have seen the £99 one on groupon but there are no reviews so we wont buy that one.

A friend of ours uses a Phillips lumea and its really good. The reviews are fantastic although its around £350-400.

"

Have to hope Groupon do it and reduce the price

East midlands

"We are looking in to buying an IPL machine. We have seen the £99 one on groupon but there are no reviews so we wont buy that one.

Have to hope Groupon do it and reduce the price "

Fat chance but yes it would be great!

Fat chance but yes it would be great! "

There was only one review I could find of Elle Macpherson's and it said it stopped working after the test patch

East midlands

There was only one review I could find of Elle Macpherson's and it said it stopped working after the test patch "

Oh god! THAT good?! I'd rather spend the money on a good one. Shame we can't buy shares in one..haha!

There was only one review I could find of Elle Macpherson's and it said it stopped working after the test patch

Oh god! THAT good?! I'd rather spend the money on a good one. Shame we can't buy shares in one..haha! "

Perhaps we should have a depilation social

East midlands

Oh god! THAT good?! I'd rather spend the money on a good one. Shame we can't buy shares in one..haha!

Perhaps we should have a depilation social "

I'll let you post it on the events section...

Perhaps we should have a depilation social

I'll let you post it on the events section... "

Need to think of an appropriate location

I got some magic powder today. Ain't tried it out yet though.

» Add a new message to this topic