FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The World Cup

The World Cup

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

HA! ...

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *anfarMan  over a year ago

birmingham

god i hate football

By *1sexypairCouple  over a year ago

Retford

"god i hate football"

Can't wait for it 2 start bring it on Brilliant love me football oh and Mrs T likes it too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Suppose the quicker it starts, the quicker it's over and done with ...

Mmmm i predict a hung game with a coalition in the event of a tie xx

my house my remote so i have no worries lol!

plus being scottish,......well we never have to worry about qualifyin for anythin lol x

My daughter will be on business in South Africa during the world cup. As part of a sweetner her host is taking her to see a game.

Personally I can think of nothing worse but she loves football and is over the moon!!

Funny thing her boss will fly out to make sure she's ok...didn't notice his concern when he sent my baby to Bangladesh!!

I will watch any game of football and i cannot wait till the WC starts. Being Scottish doesn't mean i cannot have an interest in it however all i can say is come on the USA

So, who's for who then?

Here's the Groups, pick who you think will go through to the last 16, two from each group.

~~~~~~~~~~

GROUP A:

========

FRANCE

MEXICO

SOUTH AFRICA

URUGUAY

GROUP B:

========

ARGENTINA

GREECE

NIGERIA

SOUTH KOREA

GROUP C:

========

ALGERIA

ENGLAND

SLOVENIA

USA

GROUP D:

========

AUSTRALIA

GERMANY

GHANA

SERBIA

GROUP E:

========

CAMEROON

DENMARK

NETHERLANDS

JAPAN

GROUP F:

========

ITALY

NEW ZEALAND

PARAGUAY

SLOVAKIA

GROUP G:

========

BRAZIL

IVORY COAST

NORTH KOREA

PORTUGAL

GROUP H:

========

CHILE

HONDURAS

SPAIN

SWITZERLAND

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

"

~~~~~~~~~~

GROUP A:

========

FRANCE

URUGUAY

GROUP B:

========

ARGENTINA

SOUTH KOREA

GROUP C:

========

ENGLAND

USA

GROUP D:

========

AUSTRALIA

GERMANY

GROUP E:

========

CAMEROON

NETHERLANDS

GROUP F:

========

ITALY

NEW ZEALAND

GROUP G:

========

IVORY COAST

PORTUGAL

GROUP H:

========

CHILE

SPAIN

"

I like ya Group G thinking .. get rid of the Boys from Brazil early on eh? Not sure it'll come to pass though, Brazil have an annoying habit of winning the goddam thing (and they are still the only team to have won the World Cup outside of their own continent, twice!)

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Not one to complain (much) thought we where keeping all related football things in one thread

"Not one to complain (much) thought we where keeping all related football things in one thread "

I am. Club football finishes on Sunday and the only footy will be the World Cup until August.

"Not one to complain (much) thought we where keeping all related football things in one thread

I am. Club football finishes on Sunday and the only footy will be the World Cup until August. "

Just you bloody make sure you do

Ive already lost the will to live with the bloody election lol

Aw hon, it's been a good laugh - ok a bit argumentative at times - but it's kept Craig happy on those long lonely nights.

south coast

"I like ya Group G thinking .. get rid of the Boys from Brazil early on eh? Not sure it'll come to pass though, Brazil have an annoying habit of winning the goddam thing (and they are still the only team to have won the World Cup outside of their own continent, twice!)"

Have faith lol think portugal n ivory just might b too strong for them fancy portugal to go most of the way

Kiss of death there lol

south coast

fancy the netherlands to win it if they can cut out all their infighting they got a tendancy to implode at big tourneys with rifts in the camp

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

every 4 years,scotland are eliminated from the world cup.through some outdated rule.which states,in the qualifying rounds.the team with the most points qualifies.how can this be fair.

"every 4 years,scotland are eliminated from the world cup.through some outdated rule.which states,in the qualifying rounds.the team with the most points qualifies.how can this be fair. "

The rules are quite clear on this:

Article 364: At no point should Scotland be allowed to compete in a serious competition as their inclusion would only devalue it. Coupled with the fact that Scottish men don't travel well and they tend to puke over everything, we, The Committee, feel it best to just not tell them when we're having a game.

"So, who's for who then?

Here's the Groups, pick who you think will go through to the last 16, two from each group.

~~~~~~~~~~

GROUP A:

========

FRANCE

URUGUAY

GROUP B:

========

ARGENTINA

NIGERIA

GROUP C:

========

ENGLAND

USA

GROUP D:

========

GERMANY

SERBIA

GROUP E:

========

CAMEROON

NETHERLANDS

GROUP F:

========

ITALY

PARAGUAY

GROUP G:

========

BRAZIL

IVORY COAST

GROUP H:

========

CHILE

SPAIN"

I think the shock team of the tournament could be Serbia. Although they are not big players on the world stage they have a few good decent players playing in the top leagues around Europe which includes Vidic, Stankovic, Ivanovic, Zigic etc etc.

Might back them for an e/w bet, 66/1 on bet365

oops - didn't do my own selection

"

~~~~~~~~~~

GROUP A:

========

FRANCE - URUGUAY

GROUP B:

========

ARGENTINA - SOUTH KOREA

GROUP C:

========

ENGLAND - USA

GROUP D:

========

GERMANY - SERBIA

GROUP E:

========

DENMARK - NETHERLANDS

GROUP F:

========

ITALY - PARAGUAY

GROUP G:

========

BRAZIL - PORTUGAL

GROUP H:

========

CHILE - SPAIN

"

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Group A- France, Uruguay

Group B- Argentina, Greece

Group C- England, USA

Group D-Germany, Serbia

Group E- Denmark Netherlands

Group F, Italy, Paraguay

Group H, Chile, Spain

AND I CANT FUCKING WAIT!!!!!

You missed off G

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"You missed off G "
i was rubbing me sore bits

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Brazil, Portugal....

"You missed off G i was rubbing me sore bits "

Need a hand?

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"You missed off G i was rubbing me sore bits

Need a hand? "

i managed but it got messy

glasgow

"every 4 years,scotland are eliminated from the world cup.through some outdated rule.which states,in the qualifying rounds.the team with the most points qualifies.how can this be fair.

Article 364: At no point should Scotland be allowed to compete in a serious competition as their inclusion would only devalue it. Coupled with the fact that Scottish men don't travel well and they tend to puke over everything, we, The Committee, feel it best to just not tell them when we're having a game.

"

frig sake the points rule is bad enough.i didnt know about the rest.i suppose weve never went far enough, for them to be implemented.to be honest, the points rule will probably be enough.

Well I'll be English in Wales, there are only 2 things I can't do quietly, the other is watching football, so I guess it's triple glazing and doors closed for me!

glasgow

"every 4 years,scotland are eliminated from the world cup.through some outdated rule.which states,in the qualifying rounds.the team with the most points qualifies.how can this be fair.

frig sake the points rule is bad enough.i didnt know about the rest.i suppose weve never went far enough, for them to be implemented.to be honest, the points rule will probably be enough. "

on the otherhand.every 4 years england go to the world cup,on a wave of euphoria,and expectation.thier team is good enough to win it,no doubt.the only question on everybodies lips is,who will they beat in the final.but through a combination of,tabloid press,arrogance,and other teams having the audacity,to actually try and beat them.(bloody foriegners).did i mention arrogance.they come back with the same prize as scotland.nothing,zero,zilch,losers.proving there is a god,and even he doesnt like the english.

Lets run a book on how long it takes England to get knocked out Lets face it, English players play for money where as other Countries play for passion & national pride.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Lets run a book on how long it takes England to get knocked out Lets face it, English players play for money where as other Countries play for passion & national pride."

For club maybe but as far as i know all the England players donate their match fees to charity, well they did a little while back and i don't think its changed.

I pray to god that the site has pity on us less interested in the game (it really is only a game y'all) and gives you your own message bored tucked away somewhere at the bottom of the page.

i see troubled times ahead

"Lets run a book on how long it takes England to get knocked out Lets face it, English players play for money where as other Countries play for passion & national pride.

For club maybe but as far as i know all the England players donate their match fees to charity, well they did a little while back and i don't think its changed. "

So it has babe, and I find that so offensive, for at least 3 years most England players gave their international match fees to Grassroots Football, which encourages kids to do something healthy and stay off the streets! Not only that, David and Victoria Beckham have given 25% of their annual income to children's charities. Ok, so they have a vast income and don't miss it, but they'll also stop being famous and wanted very early in their lives!

England may be knocked out of the World Cup early on, the "home grown rule" has not even started to kick in yet and the selfish overseas players still dominate our game! We invented it ffs!

Oooohhhh, so many issues, such a BEAUTIFUL GAME!

"I pray to god that the site has pity on us less interested in the game (it really is only a game y'all) and gives you your own message bored tucked away somewhere at the bottom of the page.

i see troubled times ahead "

Ben not many meets on En-ger-lund nights

glasgow

if england could keep thier heads out of thier own arses.stop analysing,every misplaced pass,missed tackle,missed shot,stop picking on one player,for all your ills.remember to work hard,there are no easy games,the foriegners, want to win as well(bastards).they would have a chance.england should have won at least,3 world cups.no other nation under achieves so well.

"I pray to god that the site has pity on us less interested in the game (it really is only a game y'all) and gives you your own message bored tucked away somewhere at the bottom of the page.

Ben not many meets on En-ger-lund nights "

You kidding me, sex after a WIN???!!! loll

Ben not many meets on En-ger-lund nights

You kidding me, sex after a WIN???!!! loll "

Well there is doggy fashion with a portable tv on younder lassie's back. should be far easier with these light weight flat screen things available these days

"if england could keep thier heads out of thier own arses.stop analysing,every misplaced pass,missed tackle,missed shot,stop picking on one player,for all your ills.remember to work hard,there are no easy games,the foriegners, want to win as well(bastards).they would have a chance.england should have won at least,3 world cups.no other nation under achieves so well."

But that's the thing, we cannot keep faith in a manager, a manager cannot keep faith in a Premier side that is so multi-national he can't pick a team from it and keeps chopping and changing! Remember the glory days of Linneker, Gascoine, Shearer, Sheringham, Les and Leo (still have Leo but retirement must beckon)? We might not have won but we know who the fook they were! Tell you what, just put half of Spurs on the pitch, we might stand a chance!

glasgow

"if england could keep thier heads out of thier own arses.stop analysing,every misplaced pass,missed tackle,missed shot,stop picking on one player,for all your ills.remember to work hard,there are no easy games,the foriegners, want to win as well(bastards).they would have a chance.england should have won at least,3 world cups.no other nation under achieves so well.

But that's the thing, we cannot keep faith in a manager, a manager cannot keep faith in a Premier side that is so multi-national he can't pick a team from it and keeps chopping and changing! Remember the glory days of Linneker, Gascoine, Shearer, Sheringham, Les and Leo (still have Leo but retirement must beckon)? We might not have won but we know who the fook they were! Tell you what, just put half of Spurs on the pitch, we might stand a chance! "

yous only needed harry.and couldnt even get that right.

"if england could keep thier heads out of thier own arses.stop analysing,every misplaced pass,missed tackle,missed shot,stop picking on one player,for all your ills.remember to work hard,there are no easy games,the foriegners, want to win as well(bastards).they would have a chance.england should have won at least,3 world cups.no other nation under achieves so well.

But that's the thing, we cannot keep faith in a manager, a manager cannot keep faith in a Premier side that is so multi-national he can't pick a team from it and keeps chopping and changing! Remember the glory days of Linneker, Gascoine, Shearer, Sheringham, Les and Leo (still have Leo but retirement must beckon)? We might not have won but we know who the fook they were! Tell you what, just put half of Spurs on the pitch, we might stand a chance!

yous only needed harry.and couldnt even get that right."

Hey the lovely Harry's not done bad, taken Spurs from almost bottom to No 4 without the money being thrown by Chelsea, Man U, Man City or the Pool!

glasgow

yous only needed harry.and couldnt even get that right.

Hey the lovely Harry's not done bad, taken Spurs from almost bottom to No 4 without the money being thrown by Chelsea, Man U, Man City or the Pool! "

pound for pound harry is, the best manager in the premiership.

But that's taken it away from the World Cup; think we'll do well, would love to win but I think that will only happen when the home grown rul's established. Meantime, get behind the Manager, see what he can do cos he's done better so far than for a long time! x

Grrrrrrrr football

Ban it i say

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 10/05/10 00:14:35]

glasgow

"But that's taken it away from the World Cup; think we'll do well, would love to win but I think that will only happen when the home grown rul's established. Meantime, get behind the Manager, see what he can do cos he's done better so far than for a long time! x"

for england,harry was the world cup.

Torquay

Do you mind, hubbies involvement in football keeps me in the style I am accustomed to...

"Grrrrrrrr football

Ban it i say "

Lolol Oher threads for you I dare say! I grew up loving the Beautiful Game! And for Sasisfy Jane, that's alost a Shakepeare line but can't remember what the right one was: "Cry Harry for England and" fook how did it go?? Still, Fabio for the mo, he slaps their legs!

[Removed by poster at 10/05/10 01:14:33]

"Grrrrrrrr football

Ban it i say

Lolol Oher threads for you I dare say! I grew up loving the Beautiful Game! And for Sasisfy Jane, that's alost a Shakepeare line but can't remember what the right one was: "Cry Harry for England and" fook how did it go?? Still, Fabio for the mo, he slaps their legs! "

It's from Henry V, Act 3, Scene 1:

"

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Or close the wall up with our English dead.

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility:

But when the blast of war blows in our ears, ......

...... I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit, and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

"

You mean this one?

glasgow

"You mean this one? "

thats it cheers.if this doesnt get us at it nothing will.

By *ethot69Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

"

pound for pound harry is, the best manager in the premiership."

David Moyes would heartily disagree with you

"You mean this one?

thats it cheers.if this doesnt get us at it nothing will. "

Well... tbh... you Scots got nothing better to do so you should be 'at it' while England are busy winning the World Cup!

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"Well... tbh... you Scots got nothing better to do so you should be 'at it' while England are busy winning the World Cup! "

arent u supposed to be out there now on yr prize from the radio station??

glasgow

"You mean this one?

thats it cheers.if this doesnt get us at it nothing will.

Well... tbh... you Scots got nothing better to do so you should be 'at it' while England are busy winning the World Cup! "

you can be so funny sometimes.

see thats better already.

"Well... tbh... you Scots got nothing better to do so you should be 'at it' while England are busy winning the World Cup!

arent u supposed to be out there now on yr prize from the radio station??"

Um... that was a spoof lol ..

Bucks

"

Um... that was a spoof lol .. "

oh bugger, fell for it!

"

Um... that was a spoof lol ..

oh bugger, fell for it! "

As a forfeit I'll have one of those things you're doing in your avatar.

south coast

2 sleeps til the big kick off yayyyyyyyyyyyy

" 2 sleeps til the big kick off yayyyyyyyyyyyy "

Big sleep for me after the kick off lol xx

glasgow

not long now.untill the 11 knights,with three lions on there shirt.led by the tactical italian genius,that is fabio cappelo.take to the arena.on the stage they were born to play .nothing can go wrong.destiny awaits.turns to,those f****** wankers,should never be alloud.to wear an england shirt,ever again.as for that,italian prick cappelo,who thought a f******,johnny foriegner,could run the english team.we all know,you need an english manager. for the english team.ooh let the festiveties begin.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"not long now.untill the 11 knights,with three lions on there shirt.led by the tactical italian genius,that is fabio cappelo.take to the arena.on the stage they were born to play .nothing can go wrong.destiny awaits.turns to,those f****** wankers,should never be alloud.to wear an england shirt,ever again.as for that,italian prick cappelo,who thought a f******,johnny foriegner,could run the english team.we all know,you need an english manager. for the english team.ooh let the festiveties begin. "
eh?

s'just saucy being saucy cos Scotland couldn't score in a brothel lol

Torquay

And did those feet in ancient time.

Walk upon Englands mountains green:

And was the holy Lamb of God,

On Englands pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,

Shine forth upon our clouded hills?

And was Jerusalem builded here,

Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;

Bring me my Arrows of desire:

Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!

Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,

Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:

Till we have built Jerusalem,

In Englands green & pleasant Land

Oh to be in England on this fine June day!

glasgow

"s'just saucy being saucy cos Scotland couldn't score in a brothel lol "

most of the time.we cant even find the brothel.

yeah, u said already on the other thread.

to jane above.. not saucy.

Torquay

And I shall keep on saying it because we are in the World Cup.....again

glasgow

"And I shall keep on saying it because we are in the World Cup.....again"

we like to rest,after a long hard season.unfortunately,we get to rest,at the end of every bloody season.

love casper xx

Here we go! Here we go! Here we go!

Today's the day! One whole month of solid, wall-to-wall, non-stop FOOTBALL!!

------------------------

Today's matches:

Group A:

South Africa -v- Mexico 3pm

Uruguay -v- France 7.30pm

I predict:

South Africa 1-2 Mexico

Uruguay 2-2 France

not got a telly ,,,,, so looking forward to spending a lot of time in the pub watching the footy ,,, got 24 off the next 30 days off yyeeeeharrrrrrr

"Here we go! Here we go! Here we go!

Today's the day! One whole month of solid, wall-to-wall, non-stop FOOTBALL!!

------------------------

Today's matches:

Group A:

South Africa -v- Mexico 3pm

Uruguay -v- France 7.30pm

I predict:

South Africa 1-2 Mexico

Uruguay 2-2 France"

I hope the Uruguayans leave a few frogs legs on the park. They are know to be a right dirty team.

SA 1-3 Mexico

Uruguay 2-1 France

oooh so does this mean we are going to have a shortage of single men to play with over the next few weeks....

Damn lol

"oooh so does this mean we are going to have a shortage of single men to play with over the next few weeks....

Damn lol"

Football can be more exciting than sex so its possible

"oooh so does this mean we are going to have a shortage of single men to play with over the next few weeks....

Damn lol

Football can be more exciting than sex so its possible "

Can be???

IS!!!

Damn lol

Football can be more exciting than sex so its possible

Can be???

IS!!! "

Yeah well come to think of it, it is

Those Africans know how to party. I'm watching the opening ceremony for the World Cup and it is so much better than the Yanks having old Diana Ross taking a penalty ... and missing my a fookin mile lol

... What a colourful bunch they are and I think this tounament is going to be a real show stopper.

Forum Mod

Yes we have it on too yyaaaawwwwnnnnnn;-)

"Yes we have it on too yyaaaawwwwnnnnnn;-)

"

{Wishy slips his cock in honey's mouth while she's not looking as everyone knows it's impossible to keep yer eyes open whilst yawning}

Those horns are annoying me already.

"Those horns are annoying me already.

"

Hey, that's what gives it it's unique ambience, it atmosphere, gets you into the spirit of things.... and take that damn jersey off lol !!

Merseyside

Hey, that's what gives it it's unique ambience, it atmosphere, gets you into the spirit of things...."

Nah lets be honest - they're just annoying ^^

Sounds like a rhino constantly farting.

I like em! Can you imagine the noise when S.Africa score!!

Here we go!!.. Kick off time!!!

Woooo Hoooo ... FOOTBAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!

Hey, that's what gives it it's unique ambience, it atmosphere, gets you into the spirit of things....

Nah lets be honest - they're just annoying ^^

Sounds like a rhino constantly farting.

"

Sounds like 90000 bumblebee's coming towards you!

By the end of the day i will be immune to it.

The host nation has never lost the opening game and Mexico have never won one. This has a draw written all over it.

"The host nation has never lost the opening game and Mexico have never won one. This has a draw written all over it. "

Men against boys so far.

Doesn't look good for SA at the moment.

GOAL!!!!!!

Soth Africa just erupted en mass!! millions of loony Africans jumping up n down all over the continent now I bet lol

RSA 1 - 0 MEX

Forum Mod

I loved the dance they did

By *arker.Man  over a year ago

Rugby

The south Africans are going to party if they win.

"The south Africans are going to party if they win. "

They'll probably party if they don't too. For an impoverished country they sure know how to crack a smile all the time.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Those plastic horns make it sound like a bee has got into the PA system

"Those plastic horns make it sound like a bee has got into the PA system "

Or someone put a mic in your bottom drawer. Left all ya toys switched on huh?

GOAL!!!

Equaliser for Mexico...

RSA 1-1 MEX

Told ya. Draw written all over it.

Final Score:

RSA 1-1 Mex

"Told ya. Draw written all over it.

Final Score:

RSA 1-1 Mex

"

Nothing worse than a smart arse

Wasn't it good though.... even I shouted "ohhhhhh" when it hit the post at 88/89 minutes.

Well i think coronation street is ace

And the Simpson's and all the other programs that dont feature BLOODY FOOTBALL (Well you lot bought football ta my thread lol xx

"Well i think coronation street is ace

And the Simpson's and all the other programs that dont feature BLOODY FOOTBALL (Well you lot bought football ta my thread lol xx "

Do you like the Simpsons clip in the (Nike?) advert..... "Owwww, Ronal-doh!"

Bouncing balls, excitement and men shooting from distance! football has to be the game for swingers!

And the Simpson's and all the other programs that dont feature BLOODY FOOTBALL (Well you lot bought football ta my thread lol xx

Do you like the Simpsons clip in the (Nike?) advert..... "Owwww, Ronal-doh!""

not seen it thank god lol xx

not seen it thank god lol xx "

Bless..... you have that one to look forward to between Corrie one night

not seen it thank god lol xx

Bless..... you have that one to look forward to between Corrie one night "

xx

"god i hate football"

That's all good and well, but why choose to tell me?.

I can't imagine any Irish supporting France tonight

A few Scottish flags in the crowd

Here we go!!!....

Game 2:

Group A: Uruguay -v- France

I predict...

A Riot!!! (couldn't resist it, sorry lol)

I reckon: Uruguay 2-2 France

glasgow

that was a bit optimistic wishy.first round.both teams are more worried about losing.than thinking about winning.

"that was a bit optimistic wishy.first round.both teams are more worried about losing.than thinking about winning. "

Both teams made changes to go out an win the match but they just didn't take the limited chances offered. Bit of a boring match really.

Nevermind, the mighty Lions are up tomorrow, we'll show em how to win a game of football!!!

glasgow

"that was a bit optimistic wishy.first round.both teams are more worried about losing.than thinking about winning.

Both teams made changes to go out an win the match but they just didn't take the limited chances offered. Bit of a boring match really.

Nevermind, the mighty Lions are up tomorrow, we'll show em how to win a game of football!!! "

france changed from one up front,to one up front.uraguay played three up front.and defended all night.the sending of,made it even more boring.

Latest:

Group B:

South Korea 1-0 Greece 0

...and the sound of them vuvuzela's is really getting annoying now lol

dirtybigbadsgirlville

can someone go n sort those horn thingys n tell em to stop making such a fecking row

Latest:

Group B

Argentina 1-0 Nigeria

ooo, now there's a shock! So much for the all-conquering Argies! Pah!

"Latest:

Group B

Argentina 1-0 Nigeria

ooo, now there's a shock! So much for the all-conquering Argies! Pah! "

Its off to the pub i go.

Good luck to the US of A.

Going to the pub at half time as Siren wants to watch the match too and I don't think it's fair to leave her on her own looking after a teething baby who takes an age to go to sleep.

I predict...

England 3-0 USA

hmmmpf! 3-0 my foot. We were lucky not to lose the match.

Green - prat.

Lampard - Greedy selfish arrogant prat

Heskey - What the fuck is he doing in South Africa prat

Milner - Not match fit and shouldn't be there either.

King - Cant play 90 minutes without needing a week's rest prat.

Capello - are you deliberately nobbling the team to make it easier for Italy prat?

~

On the plus side..

Glen Johnson had an amazing game.

~

Bollox.

Pissed off.

Today's Matches:

Group C:

Algeria -v- Slovenia

~

Group D:

Serbia -v- Ghana

Germany -v- Australia

As my predictions have gone haywire so far I'm plumping for 0-0 across the board lol.

ALG 1-2 SLO

SER 1-1 GHA

GER 3-2 AUS

By *yber pimpMan  over a year ago

durham area

frig sake the points rule is bad enough.i didnt know about the rest.i suppose weve never went far enough, for them to be implemented.to be honest, the points rule will probably be enough.

on the otherhand.every 4 years england go to the world cup,on a wave of euphoria,and expectation.thier team is good enough to win it,no doubt.the only question on everybodies lips is,who will they beat in the final.but through a combination of,tabloid press,arrogance,and other teams having the audacity,to actually try and beat them.(bloody foriegners).did i mention arrogance.they come back with the same prize as scotland.nothing,zero,zilch,losers.proving there is a god,and even he doesnt like the english. "

on eenglands performance i think i have more chance of scoring in the box on this site

glasgow

germany were superb.easily the best performance so far.every time they went forward,it looked like they were going to score.you just know they are going further.

"germany were superb.easily the best performance so far.every time they went forward,it looked like they were going to score.you just know they are going further."

They've reached the Quarter Final stage of the last 7 consecutive world cups so I wouldn't bet against them doing it again. They always pull it out of the bag when it matters - we could learn a lot from them.

glasgow

"germany were superb.easily the best performance so far.every time they went forward,it looked like they were going to score.you just know they are going further.

They've reached the Quarter Final stage of the last 7 consecutive world cups so I wouldn't bet against them doing it again. They always pull it out of the bag when it matters - we could learn a lot from them."

england have the team,but not the mentality.

GRRRRRRR....

Ledley King out of World Cup... unsurprisingly!

Wtf was Capello thinking taking him in the first place - the guy has a fucked knee and he has a groin strain. There were plenty of in-form players who could have gone - Theo Walcott and Darren Bent are the two glaring ommissions, and with Milner not firing on all cylinders due to his own injury problems and lack of match fitness, I feel that Capello has handicapped the team before we even got started.

Every fookin time we go for a major competition the team that goes is NOT the best we could possibly have taken - every bloody time ffs!!!

the Germans were awesome, even if Cahill hadnt been sent off the game was heading in the same direction. Im going to watch the Ghana game now as itl be them and England no doubt in the knockout stage, and would be good if they were an actual physically strong African team and not just quick..

good game today too with Denmark and Holland, il guess 3-1 to the Dutch and a 0-0 draw tonight in Italys opener

Engerrrrrrrrland!!!! Engerrrrrrrrrrrland!!!

We gonna win the world cup!! wooooohooooooo!

"Theo Walcott and Darren Bent are the two glaring ommissions"

im pro Walcott as im an Arsenal follower but Theo didnt deserve to go, he hasnt played all year really, and with the exception of one good game, hes not hit his heights since coming back from injury. I thought Adam Johnston of Man City should have went, he is a tricky player that can go on the left or right..something England miss especially when Barry (who is another Ledley King waiting to happen) slots in and Gerard goes on the right.

After Englands overall lack of teamwork and quality was exposed against the USA, itl look like the problems will have been solved until they are again exposed against the first real quality team they come up against. It would have been great to see Darren Bent playing, so much for the 'squad places given on merit'

is there football on telly then?????

"Theo Walcott and Darren Bent are the two glaring ommissions

im pro Walcott as im an Arsenal follower but Theo didnt deserve to go, he hasnt played all year really, and with the exception of one good game, hes not hit his heights since coming back from injury. I thought Adam Johnston of Man City should have went, he is a tricky player that can go on the left or right..something England miss especially when Barry (who is another Ledley King waiting to happen) slots in and Gerard goes on the right.

After Englands overall lack of teamwork and quality was exposed against the USA, itl look like the problems will have been solved until they are again exposed against the first real quality team they come up against. It would have been great to see Darren Bent playing, so much for the 'squad places given on merit' "

We had consistency throughout qualifying, taking 27/30 pts available. Only Spain took the full 30/30 and they are tipped as possible winners of this world cup. We have the players, they just need to start believing in themselves instead of continually remembering '66 and The Great fookin Escape theme tune.

[Removed by poster at 14/06/10 13:44:24]

the players, media and fans are not at fault for not believing that they are good enough... if anything they are always over confident. The immediate belief of a win against the USA was attrocious as was the constant amount of piss taking of the yanks. Adrian Chiles' little sketch before kick off was borderline offensive to americans. If us Scots put anything like that on the tele about England there would be a huge kick up about it.

One of Englands strong points is that the whole squad play in the same league, yet that is also a disadvantge as they only have one way of playing, sides such as Spain, Brazil, Italy and Argentina have so much variety in styles of football as they all play in different nations with different football styles...

For England to immediatly install themselves as favourites to win every world cup and euro tournaments as they have done absolutely nothing at all since 1966 is awful, and as im Scottish you can all poke a jab at me saying that Scotland are so shit etc ( although we do only have a small budget and a much lower population ) but that doesnt cover up England being not good enough and over rated.

Englands media and players would do much better if they only targetted the knockout stages rather than pre-planning the victory parade

Torquay

I think the England players have been far from boastful about their chances of winning the World Cup, I don't take a lot of notice about football but the interview that I did see with John Terry the other day saw him being rather reluctant to big up their chances of winning the cup.

You may be taking too much notice of tabloid headlines, which can hardly be fairly attributed to the players and their views.

Merseyside

"

Adrian Chiles' little sketch before kick off was borderline offensive to americans.

"

Thank God someone else noticed that. Up until the point Chiles threw down the baseball bat with disgust, I was half-minded to give the England team a bit of support - once that sketch by that talentless onion face Chiles had finished, I was firmly USA!

Dunno why he's there to be honest - Chiles supports Croatia!

Torquay

"

Adrian Chiles' little sketch before kick off was borderline offensive to americans.

Thank God someone else noticed that. Up until the point Chiles threw down the baseball bat with disgust, I was half-minded to give the England team a bit of support - once that sketch by that talentless onion face Chiles had finished, I was firmly USA!

Dunno why he's there to be honest - Chiles supports Croatia!"

Does it matter?, he isn't a player or official of the team....he's just a pundit, why are the 'anti English' taking it all so serious?

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

"the Germans were awesome, even if Cahill hadnt been sent off the game was heading in the same direction. Im going to watch the Ghana game now as itl be them and England no doubt in the knockout stage, and would be good if they were an actual physically strong African team and not just quick..

good game today too with Denmark and Holland, il guess 3-1 to the Dutch and a 0-0 draw tonight in Italys opener"

dutch were very dissapointing today,you always expect them to play with flair which was sadly missing today,perhaps they and england will grow in stature as the competition progresses and maybe the germans have peaked too soon?!.

people quick to have a go at england keeper rob green but tend forget the glaring misses in front of goal and the poor passing from the outfield players.

wait till the pass masters brazil start!.

WORCESTERSHIRE

"I think the England players have been far from boastful about their chances of winning the World Cup, I don't take a lot of notice about football but the interview that I did see with John Terry the other day saw him being rather reluctant to big up their chances of winning the cup.

You may be taking too much notice of tabloid headlines, which can hardly be fairly attributed to the players and their views."

too true!,i think the players have behaved very respectfull in the interviews that i have seeen and have not built up hopes of an england win at all,that is just the newspapers trying to sell copy.

the players know themselves the skill levels and luck needed to beat the likes of brazil,argentina,italy and our old enemy the germans!.

i think Germany were brilliant but not sure if their defence would cope against a strong forward line like Heskey and Rooney but in saying that thier 5 forwards and attacking players are all very good.

only bad thing for Germany was Ozils booking...not watched the Holland game yet, I was too busy watching Japan being impressive xx

Great result for Japan. This was one Cameroon HAD to win and they've seriously dented their chances of progressing past the group stages.

Holland did an efficient job against Denmark and nobody can complain about a 2-0 win.

Looking forward to Italy tonight, who I'm rooting for as my daughter is half-Italian.

ABE

i am really looking forward to watching Brazil v Portugal next week, hopefully itl shape up to be the awesome game we will expect

The World Cup stinks.

And so does the vuvuzellar

"i am really looking forward to watching Brazil v Portugal next week, hopefully itl shape up to be the awesome game we will expect"

Thats the game that sticks out for me. It has the makings of a great game.

Also i will be in England at that point on a stag do and its also possible England could be playing Germany on the Saturday in the first knockout stages.

Tasty if that is the case

i think both England and Germany will top thier groups so we wont have that tie... but if it does happen i wonder if itl go to penalties...... lol.

"i think both England and Germany will top thier groups so we wont have that tie... but if it does happen i wonder if itl go to penalties...... lol. "

If England win their group they're playing on the Saturday no matter what. I just hope they finish as runners up and they play on the Sunday.

A night out in our crowd can sometimes be eventful .

I just hope we don't bump into the Stone Island crew

Well going by their national anthem the Italians seem fired up for it.

The champions of boring football to win 1-0 over Paraguay.

glasgow

"Well going by their national anthem the Italians seem fired up for it.

The champions of boring football to win 1-0 over Paraguay.

"

i fear the most intresting thing about this game.will be the over the top,hand gestures,and the amature dramatics after every tackle.

anyone seen the dolce and gabbana advert with the italian football team.... my lord i nearly died when i seen it!! now the pic up in my locker at work!!! yummy!!! xx

"anyone seen the dolce and gabbana advert with the italian football team.... my lord i nearly died when i seen it!! now the pic up in my locker at work!!! yummy!!! xx "

It that the one where they're all standing in their white slips with their bodies all oil up

Gattuso and Cannavaro in distasteful pic shocker!!

Footballers nowadays, pansies.

"The [4 times] champions of boring football to win 1-0 over Paraguay. "

...and they've been runners-up twice, third place once. Ya can't fault them, they know how to win tournaments.

"anyone seen the dolce and gabbana advert with the italian football team.... my lord i nearly died when i seen it!! now the pic up in my locker at work!!! yummy!!! xx

It that the one where they're all standing in their white slips with their bodies all oil up

Gattuso and Cannavaro in distasteful pic shocker!!

Footballers nowadays, pansies.

"

the very one! if those are pansies gardenin just got interesting...xx

"the very one! if those are pansies gardenin just got interesting...xx "

hehehe... great comeback!

"the very one! if those are pansies gardenin just got interesting...xx

hehehe... great comeback! "

thanks!! its been the highlight of the world cup so far that pic!! x

1-0 Paraguay HT.

Midfield is packed with not much room to play and Italy trying to play the flanks but it ain't happening.

Today's matches:

Group F:

New Zealand -v- Slovakia

(N.Zealand ranked 78th, Slovakia - 34th)

~

Group G:

Ivory Coast (27th) -v- Portugal (3rd)

Brazil (1st) -v- North Korea (105th)

~

Great result for New Zealand, well deserved I thought... not so for Portugal!! hehehe ... fookin Ronaldo, he's proven himself to be as ineffectual as an umbrella in a hurricane. All he does is topple over in a slight breeze whining about the _ig bad boy who tripped him up. Wanker.

Before the torunament started I tipped Ivory Coast & Brazil to go through, I think I was right on that as Brazil will kick the shit out of North Korea tonight and dispense with Portugal in pretty much the same fashion, leaving Portugal with 4pts from 9 after also beating North Korea. Ivory Coast will probably lose to Brazil too giving Brazil maximum points, but I think Ivory Coast will beat North Korea by more goals than Portugal do and go through.

Now for tonight's match, the Mighty Samba Boys versus some lickle commie team from god knows where!

I'm waiting for the "was it a cross" debate lol

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Either way it was a cracking goal

North Korea did themselves proud though... and their goal was good - definitely better than the goal USA scored against us

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I'm waiting for the "was it a cross" debate lol"

Is it even up for debate? Blatant cross, keeper error.

"I'm waiting for the "was it a cross" debate lol

Is it even up for debate? Blatant cross, keeper error."

As Adrian Chiles commented:

"If that had been done by a striker from Cleethorpes we'd all be calling him a jammy git, but as it was a Brazilian we have to admire his pure skill at being able to bend the ball into the net like that from such an acute angle."

Today's matches: (world ranking in brackets)

Group H:

Honduras (38th) -v- Chile (18th)

Spain (2nd) -v- Switzerland (24th)

~

Group A: Match 2:

South Africa (83rd) -v- Uruguay (16th)

No surprises from Chile but as for Switzerland winning 1-0 against SPAIN... Wooo Hooo.. come on you clockmakers!! Hold on to it!! hehehe

After this game thats every team played their first game. Its not been a great tournament so far with very little exciting games bar Germany who demolished the Aussie's.

I think the first games most teams had the fear of losing but now since they all know where they stand its all about winning to get extra points on the board to enhance their chances of progression to the knock out stages.

Ohhhh Spain just lost

What a great game!!

Switzerland 1-0 Spain

Great result for the Swiss but it makes it harder for Spain to top their group which could pit them against the Brazilians.. the top two teams head-2-head in the next round. Hopefully.

I love this game!

WORCESTERSHIRE

well well!,the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS great spain not winning against the swiss.

you know during this world cup i not seeen many shots on target at all,have you?.

that ball is very light like a balloon and strikers that shoot from outside the box tend to sky the thing!,now far too many take it in to the box and tip- tap around trying to get a close in low shot but defenders cover very quickly.

WORCESTERSHIRE

"I'm waiting for the "was it a cross" debate lol

Is it even up for debate? Blatant cross, keeper error.

As Adrian Chiles commented:

"If that had been done by a striker from Cleethorpes we'd all be calling him a jammy git, but as it was a Brazilian we have to admire his pure skill at being able to bend the ball into the net like that from such an acute angle." "

did he say cleethorpes?,or was it stourbridge where he used to live?.

on the otherhand.every 4 years england go to the world cup,on a wave of euphoria,and expectation.thier team is good enough to win it,no doubt.the only question on everybodies lips is,who will they beat in the final.but through a combination of,tabloid press,arrogance,and other teams having the audacity,to actually try and beat them.(bloody foriegners).did i mention arrogance.they come back with the same prize as scotland.nothing,zero,zilch,losers.proving there is a god,and even he doesnt like the english. "

LOL very good and soooo true

WORCESTERSHIRE

but england generally get to the last 8 for quarter finals,,have actually won the competion once!,and were once losing semi-finalists,whereas scotland get lost in theminor group session and cannot find the way out of the group to at least experience proper world cup knock out football!.

Bucks

Not sure this link will be allowed but here goes ..

replays of the goals from the England v USA game ... in lego !

http://deadspin.com/5563011/usa+england-tie-given-the-lego-treatment

"well well!,the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS great spain not winning against the swiss.

you know during this world cup i not seeen many shots on target at all,have you?.

that ball is very light like a balloon and strikers that shoot from outside the box tend to sky the thing!,now far too many take it in to the box and tip- tap around trying to get a close in low shot but defenders cover very quickly."

Therei s a real problem with the ball Adidas have developed for this tournament and long range specialists that usually hit the target are, as you say, skying the thing into the cheap seats. Fifa gave Adidas a fortune developing this ball and are not likely to replace it so I don't think we're going to see that many goals unless they actually start dribbling it into the penalty area and poking it in from 6 yards.

[Removed by poster at 17/06/10 09:08:37]

Today's matches:

Group B: 2nd Games:

12.30 BST Argentina (pffft!)(7th) -v- South Korea (47th)

15.00 BST Greece (13th) -v- Nigeria (21st)

~

Group A: 2nd Game:

19.30 BST France (9th) -v- Mexico (17th)

'

A 2-0 win for South Korea, and a 2-0 win for Nigeria please, that'll be enough to put the fookin Argies 3rd in their group. Ta.

Forum Mod

Is this your personal pray to the football gods thread

"Is this your personal pray to the football gods thread "

If it helps kick the Argies out then I'll convert to whatever fookin religion ya suggest lol

By *o DaddyMan  over a year ago

Worcestershire

"well well!,the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS great spain not winning against the swiss.

that ball is very light like a balloon and strikers that shoot from outside the box tend to sky the thing!,now far too many take it in to the box and tip- tap around trying to get a close in low shot but defenders cover very quickly.

Therei s a real problem with the ball Adidas have developed for this tournament and long range specialists that usually hit the target are, as you say, skying the thing into the cheap seats. Fifa gave Adidas a fortune developing this ball and are not likely to replace it so I don't think we're going to see that many goals unless they actually start dribbling it into the penalty area and poking it in from 6 yards."

best shot of tournament was by xabi alonso for spain against the swiss but it hit the bar and bounced back into play,i think we will see a hell of a lot more of the scrappy goals inside the 6 yard box like the swiss goal but they do all count!.

I'd say it was Diego Forlan's wonder goal, even thought it did take a deflection to get it into the net. It was a great strike though. Gerrard's goal was a good one too, let's hope he does it again tomorrow night.

His + Hers Diary...

HERS:

He was quiet subdued,just not himself.Something was wrong.He hadn't kissed me all night.Not even looked in my direction.I think it's another woman.I went to bed and cried.He followed me up later.I cuddled up to him and stroked his hair.He lay still.Eventually we made love and fell asleep in each other's arms.

HIS:

England lost !!! gutted....... Got a shag though.

You been reading my diary?? How rude!!

Waiting for wishy’s praise of Argentina

Torquay

"Waiting for wishy’s praise of Argentina "

He has never forgiven them for the Falklands war.....so don't hold your breath!

"Waiting for wishy’s praise of Argentina

He has never forgiven them for the Falklands war.....so don't hold your breath! "

Falkland's? Where's that then?

I haven't forgiven the fat cheating bastard for what he did in Mexico in 1986!

As for the match just now: South Korea made Argen... Arge.... them tossers look good. The commentators picked out dozens of examples of sloppy defending and poor distribution, and the Koreans weren't much better!

I seen nothing for England to be scared of... yet!

Dont think ive mentioned before that gareth barry is Jays neighbour lives about 500 yards from him

Bucks

"Dont think ive mentioned before that gareth barry is Jays neighbour lives about 500 yards from him"

is that next door neighbours and GB's drive is 500 yards long?

glasgow

As for the match just now: South Korea made Argen... Arge.... them tossers look good. The commentators picked out dozens of examples of sloppy defending and poor distribution, and the Koreans weren't much better!

I seen nothing for England to be scared of... yet! "

frig sake wishy,get over it.how many english players,would put thier hands up(no pun intended),and own up to handling,the ball into the net.it has happened.if you dont see anything to fear,you need new glasses.

WORCESTERSHIRE

hmm mexico 1 france 0.65 minutes gone and i not seen much of french midfield yet if they got one!. .

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

"hmm mexico 1 france 0.65 minutes gone and i not seen much of french midfield yet if they got one!. . "

not a great game for france so far ...they seem to have lost their va va voom.

2-0!! YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaa Hey, senor, you forget how to play de football??

Dontcha just love seeing the frogs getting turned over hehehee

WORCESTERSHIRE

definitly no va va voom from france at all.

frig sake wishy,get over it.how many english players,would put thier hands up(no pun intended),and own up to handling,the ball into the net.it has happened.if you dont see anything to fear,you need new glasses."

You're not English, you have no idea how it felt to watch him cheat the ball into the net and then smugly claim it to be the 'hand of god'.

Yes, I know it happens, but it's despicable and not worthy of someone who is universally accepted as one of the greats - but in my mind he will always be a cheat.

Take the Greek match today against Nigeria:

The Greek shoved the ball into the Nigerian players chest and his instinctive defensive reaction was to ward off attack, and he raised his foot. The Greek player, untouched by the Nigerian, fell to the floor writhing around in agony and the Nigerian was dismissed.

It's disgusting behaviour and it should have been dealt with under the new 'simulation' directive which demands referees stamp down on players feigning injury to get oppostion players sent off.

Maradonakebab's hand ball directly affected the English players and I am of the firm opinion that his 2nd goal - albeit technically superb, only happened because the english were still reeling from the first goal. At 0-0 it was a match turning event and I'll never ever forgive the fat cheating bastard.

"definitly no va va voom from france at all. "

In 2002 the French went home from the group stages without even scoring a single goal. They seem to do exceptionally well or exceptionally poor.

glasgow

frig sake wishy,get over it.how many english players,would put thier hands up(no pun intended),and own up to handling,the ball into the net.it has happened.if you dont see anything to fear,you need new glasses.

You're not English, you have no idea how it felt to watch him cheat the ball into the net and then smugly claim it to be the 'hand of god'.

Yes, I know it happens, but it's despicable and not worthy of someone who is universally accepted as one of the greats - but in my mind he will always be a cheat.

Take the Greek match today against Nigeria:

The Greek shoved the ball into the Nigerian players chest and his instinctive defensive reaction was to ward off attack, and he raised his foot. The Greek player, untouched by the Nigerian, fell to the floor writhing around in agony and the Nigerian was dismissed.

It's disgusting behaviour and it should have been dealt with under the new 'simulation' directive which demands referees stamp down on players feigning injury to get oppostion players sent off.

Maradonakebab's hand ball directly affected the English players and I am of the firm opinion that his 2nd goal - albeit technically superb, only happened because the english were still reeling from the first goal. At 0-0 it was a match turning event and I'll never ever forgive the fat cheating bastard."

blah blah blah.what happened all the other times yous didnt win.were those fucking foriegners,trying to hard.

WORCESTERSHIRE

spain & france both made very poor starts and it makes englands start look rather good!,teams are very,very afraid to lose the first game which makes tbe rest of group games difficult but despite the wishin & hopin of the jocks we did not lose and are still looking pretty healthy!.

Is it all finished yet ?????

can i come out from under the stairs...

Oh and who won.??? Germany ?

"

blah blah blah.what happened all the other times yous didnt win.were those fucking foriegners,trying to hard."

No, we were shit at taking penalties if I was to be honest. What's Scotland's excuse?

"

blah blah blah.what happened all the other times yous didnt win.were those fucking foriegners,trying to hard.

No, we were shit at taking penalties if I was to be honest. What's Scotland's excuse? "

were just there for the beer!!

some tube over back from me got one of those vuvulas thingys im seriously considering ramming it right up his..... xx

"

No, we were shit at taking penalties if I was to be honest. What's Scotland's excuse? "

We don't have any excuses, we're shite end off.

At least we can joke about it

When the Tartan Army go on their travels they have one thing on their minds....having a party and getting d*unk.

Said like a commentators gaffe......

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I agree with that Grecian, I was in Liverpool years ago on a day that the scots invaded for a match at Anfield( think it was a European game but don't know which scots team) but the place was awash with scots enjoying themselves in their sexy kilts........it was heaven

Right, this is getting a bit long now, if someone wants to start part 2 I can shut this x