FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > "Wow, so many "needs"!

"Wow, so many "needs"!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had a look at a few profiles tonight - a few interesting points of view and face it, gonna be a long night!

But how long did it take you to put all your "Don't want" list together and would it not have been quicker to put a "Yes please" one?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Much better to just be up front and tell it how it is

i dont have a list...should i get one?

Loads of things I don't want but we can talk about that at the talk to me stage? lolol

"Loads of things I don't want but we can talk about that at the talk to me stage? lolol "

Why?

If folk put an honest list of wants and not wants surely that just saves the ineviyable "thanks but no thanks" pm.

Cos there's a huge tickbox list of what you want, many tick them all but we all know they don't mean! lo9l

But if they put a huge list of "we/I will not" you tend to look hugely hostile and I, as a welcoming woman, will not read past para 1 so you lost out potentially!

I will not some things, end of, may consider others with others!

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

They put it on their profile because it is "their" profile and they can put whatever they want to on it!

If you don't like what you see on certain profiles move onto profiles you do like the look of.

Ok, confession time, I never read a profile on here (or other site I belong to) who did not msg me first or forum! And certainly not got a guy first! How many decadesn does that set me back??!!

"They put it on their profile because it is "their" profile and they can put whatever they want to on it!

If you don't like what you see on certain profiles move onto profiles you do like the look of. "

Sigh...you'd have hoped not to state the obvious wouldn't you?!!

I don't know why people feel the need to comment on other people's profiles!

"They put it on their profile because it is "their" profile and they can put whatever they want to on it!

If you don't like what you see on certain profiles move onto profiles you do like the look of.

"

Lovelies, say what you want but to me the least said the better, unless it's on the phone! Been a long important night! x

"Ok, confession time, I never read a profile on here (or other site I belong to) who did not msg me first or forum! And certainly not got a guy first! How many decadesn does that set me back??!! "

You're not alone: I don't read profiles unless contacted or initiate contact either!

I only play with straight, sub men.

As you can imagine few have on their profiles they seek extreme domination, so I put exactly what I like, want and expect, and wait for them to contact me.

I've had to hide my profile as I have a small group I play with, and don't have time for any more...at the moment!

Lovelies, say what you want but to me the least said the better, unless it's on the phone! Been a long important night! x"

Don't you see that's the point?!!

YOU think least said: YOUR choice, I'm not disputing that, all I'm saying is allow others the same right to make their decision without comment!

Tayside

Lovelies, say what you want but to me the least said the better, unless it's on the phone! Been a long important night! x"

Totally lost me now!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I have better things to do with my spare time than trawl through one line profiles and then phone them all to decide if they have similar interests to me........... or even if they have a personality for that matter.

For me the more said on the profile the better!

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

better to state what you will not tollerate

makes the selection process much easier both ways

"Loads of things I don't want but we can talk about that at the talk to me stage? lolol

Why?

If folk put an honest list of wants and not wants surely that just saves the ineviyable "thanks but no thanks" pm."

You'd think so and thats the general idea...........unfortunately it doesn't always work like that.

XXXX

I (We) go by a profile to begin with and whether it contains humour (no, not a million "lols"), a sense of self-deprecation is often funny but not to the point of sounding under-confident. We prefer normal people, not perfectionists who have an endless list of their ideal match, but then that is how we see ourselves... normal people with "minor" imperfections

We used to have a longer "donts" list - but feel now it is better to establish if we speak the same kind of language and explore from there.

Funny this should come up right now, was going to go look see what peeps had said anyway. Cos some peeps appear fun in forum, then you go to their profile page and Jeez do they scare me - banter yes, meet no! I agree we should say what we want/don't want. But the last thing I want is to meet those who block so much - walk down the street, does it hurt you as you don't like so much of humanity?

"Funny this should come up right now, was going to go look see what peeps had said anyway. Cos some peeps appear fun in forum, then you go to their profile page and Jeez do they scare me - banter yes, meet no! I agree we should say what we want/don't want. But the last thing I want is to meet those who block so much - walk down the street, does it hurt you as you don't like so much of humanity? "

Ooops sorry if I scared you - keep meaning to have more surgery

I (We) dont block many - can count them on one hand I guess - if somebody becomes offensive when I dont agree to meet I tend to ignore it. I think sometimes people post/ mail after they had a bad day and that makes their posts/ mails sound much worse than they are meant to be; in reality and without the stress they are often quite nice people.

By *ickedWWoman  over a year ago

Chester

I hate shopping list type profiles, I get bored so far down and dont read the rest .....

Tayside

"Funny this should come up right now, was going to go look see what peeps had said anyway. Cos some peeps appear fun in forum, then you go to their profile page and Jeez do they scare me - banter yes, meet no! I agree we should say what we want/don't want. But the last thing I want is to meet those who block so much - walk down the street, does it hurt you as you don't like so much of humanity? "

Happy to say that I don't have anyone in my block list - no on has annoyed me that much that I have felt the need to block them - Yet that is lol

"Funny this should come up right now, was going to go look see what peeps had said anyway. Cos some peeps appear fun in forum, then you go to their profile page and Jeez do they scare me - banter yes, meet no! I agree we should say what we want/don't want. But the last thing I want is to meet those who block so much - walk down the street, does it hurt you as you don't like so much of humanity?

Happy to say that I don't have anyone in my block list - no on has annoyed me that much that I have felt the need to block them - Yet that is lol "

Wait til you have spoken to me a few more times x

Tayside

"Funny this should come up right now, was going to go look see what peeps had said anyway. Cos some peeps appear fun in forum, then you go to their profile page and Jeez do they scare me - banter yes, meet no! I agree we should say what we want/don't want. But the last thing I want is to meet those who block so much - walk down the street, does it hurt you as you don't like so much of humanity?

Happy to say that I don't have anyone in my block list - no on has annoyed me that much that I have felt the need to block them - Yet that is lol

Wait til you have spoken to me a few more times x"

Nah you are too nice

Nah you are too nice "

booking train ticket to Scotland now...;-)

Wait til you have spoken to me a few more times x"

I didn't mean blocked on here, that's easy and lazy, I mean block peeps from your life as you've pre-decided without ever talking to them?

I didn't mean blocked on here, that's easy and lazy, I mean block peeps from your life as you've pre-decided without ever talking to them? "

Funny you should say that - I think everybody has a certain amount of prejudice in them and sometimes it is just that somebody reminds you of a person you met and disliked before, hence you might decide not to like this person either. Maybe when I was younger I might have done that - today I try and find out a bit more about that person, to see if they are really dislikeable. In the vast majority I find something I like about them, sometimes even quite a bit. I have quite a few friends with whom I initially did not get on, perhaps because we were quite similar in some ways

Again: it's about preferences and how you use this site.

I am not looking for a partner or a new best buddy: this for me is fantasy, pure and simple.

My life is busy, work takes me all over the country and chronic albeit minor health problems can lay me up for a couple of days.

I'm looking for a specific playmate: when my profile is active it's not long but specific. I still get messages from those outside my search criteria.

On this site I'm seeking straight, white, sub, tall, professional, single, local men, 45 to 55 although I'm flexible(ish) on age depends on the man!

Away from this site I have no barriers to meeting people as for me a diverse social mix is rewarding: sexually I like what I like: I don't look at it as people disliking humanity but people making clear what they want!

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"

If folk put an honest list of wants and not wants surely that just saves the ineviyable "thanks but no thanks" pm."

You've not been on here long have you?

"

If folk put an honest list of wants and not wants surely that just saves the ineviyable "thanks but no thanks" pm.

You've not been on here long have you? "

Been on this planet 49 years, if this is a longevity-on-site thing, no not been here long but enjoy it, and is that a problem? Met 6 out of 8 days and the others I am happy to say I could have. Also don't feel the need to put my veris up but they're there, sent to those I'm interested in and make me smile, a few very nice day/evenings and more in the diary.

Of course say what you don't want, what you do, just that some profiles make me want to dig a very deep hole and hide

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

J, my comment was directed at the person I quoted, not at you

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 08/05/10 09:51:43]

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Why do people (often those who have been on the site for five minutes) feel a need to pull other people up on their profile content?

Maybe it's a word not often used in Wales....in England we call it preferences........

After having spoken to a few (who I would call) mates on here as well as in real life, I have come to the conclusion the more information I give the better for me.

I say what I dont like and dont want since that list is smaller than the I want or like list, which can and does change depending on how I feel each day.

I dont want to partake in water sports so I say that simply because it saves people time if thats what they are looking for. They can read down my profile and see I dont like ws and keep looking for someone who does have that ticked.

Often someones profile (mines included) is the result of months or years of tinkering, in fact I changed mine just the other day to include things I had left out and delete things no longer needed. Yes sometimes profiles can come across as bossy with a list of do's and don'ts BUT the clearer people can be about what they want the better for those who are reading said profile.

What you have to also remember is there are no facial expressions or tone of voice with plain writing, so what to one person is clear and easy to understand to another is bordering on nasty, same goes for humour - in text it is hard to read but to the writer it is easy to understand.

I would rather have a list of do's and don'ts than get to the meet for a coffee stage and find the person is no where near who I am looking for.

Shona

x x x

» Add a new message to this topic