FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Putin....

Putin....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is he a mad man, or as Farage has suggested someone who should be admired?

Strikes me that he is running rings around the West at the moment but will his actions come back to haunt him by way of economic sanctions that might lead Russia to be isolated? Or does he hold all the cards, controlling as he does a lot of Western Europes energy needs and should we be scared of what he might so next?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

...the cat out

"...the cat out"

I'm not the brightest so you might need to elaborate to help me!

By *extoysareusCouple  over a year ago

kinky heaven

Putin plays chess the west play tiddlywinks..

I do admire him for standing up against western aggression

"...the cat out

I'm not the brightest so you might need to elaborate to help me! "

Putin the cat out

"...the cat out

Putin the cat out "

There was me wondering if it was a reference Putin's policies being like letting the cat out of the bag or something similar, I now feel very daft

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

he puts in what he gets out.admirable

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"...the cat out

Putin the cat out

There was me wondering if it was a reference Putin's policies being like letting the cat out of the bag or something similar, I now feel very daft "

I didn't get it first time, either. I'll stand by you and look faintly flat footed.

No, scratch that, you stand, I'll sort of lounge in this chair and try to look faintly glam whilst I do it.

He's a canny operator, but I feel that in general distrust and ill will garnered, the Crimea may prove to be more of a deficit than a benefit. It's a bit like pulling a fast one on your neighbours regarding an extension. You may get it built, but for the next 20 years they'll have loud parties and park in front of your house and not pass take in any deliveries for you.

So it was Crimea first and it is increasingly looking like Eastern Ukraine and beyond next. Putin is obviously calculating that Nato and the West has no stomach for a fight but will the threat of international isolation and economic sanctions be enough to curtail his imperialist aspirations? Or is he, as he is saying merely providing support to ethnic Russians who are feeling threatened?

It's a power play. No one wants war so he is taking liberties and that isn't admirable but it's nothing any other leader wouldn't do.

The only way to stop him is the economic squeeze to which I'm sure the richest in Russia are already feeling but the vast amounts of wealth they have means it will take time (Putin is reportedly the unofficial richest man on the planet - he has his finger in all the pies).

This will mean that energy costs will soar for us and also that pretty much all fracking sites will go ahead even if they shouldn't.

That's my initial take on it without having researched it much.

Bad times.

he's not admirable. he thinks, rather wrongly, that the western countries are too war weary to engage him and that allows his ego to Run rampant. the u.s. domestic support for the Crimea will go up under certain circumstances, as will the uk. then they will engage more fully. and as stated on another thread i think we see likely to see a Cold War, take 2. the adversaries are likely to be pretty evenly matched once China banks putin as it often does. China isn't reliant on the west so won't suffer from economic measures, but Russia will suffer. they may have oil, but if they can't sell it..... it's no bloody good to them. and previous precedent will limiting oil sales in iraq coupled with other economic measures is what we will see

» Add a new message to this topic