FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Faggots and mushy peas

Faggots and mushy peas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Is what im having for dinner tonight. Not had them in ages. Im also bored bored bored, i have nothing to do

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is what im having for dinner tonight. Not had them in ages. Im also bored bored bored, i have nothing to do"

I'm sure you'll find something...

Oh yuck karen.......

faggots !!!

someone sure gonna be windy tomorrow

I have to confess that I've never actually eaten a faggot as just the name makes me feel a bit queazy about it. IT doesn't sound appetising does it, and as for mushy peas ... pureed devil's snot! Yuk.

Dont mind the peas...

With a little thick parsley sauce etc.

But never ever ate a faggot and never will.

Faggots and peaspudding mmmmm lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Is what im having for dinner tonight. Not had them in ages. Im also bored bored bored, i have nothing to do"

are the Mr Brains Faggots?? they are the best mmmmmmmmmmm

had butcher made ones once that had the stringy fat stuff (posh chefs use it on burgers etc) and were made of liver i think, didnt like them much, definately prefer Mr Brains

Forum Mod

Now I know why ive never wanted to put one in my mouth

What are faggots?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Now I know why ive never wanted to put one in my mouth "

hehe good job i'm not a food critic huh????

"Is what im having for dinner tonight. Not had them in ages. Im also bored bored bored, i have nothing to do

had butcher made ones once that had the stringy fat stuff (posh chefs use it on burgers etc) and were made of liver i think, didnt like them much, definately prefer Mr Brains "

The stringy fat stuff is the lining of a cows stomach

"What are faggots?"

Orrible things of minced up whatevers...

Bit like haggis if in small ball form

Traditional black country dish is peas and faggots but thats grey peas and liver faggots. I have Mr brains faggots which are yummy think its mixed offal definetly no liver in them and there yummy

"Is what im having for dinner tonight. Not had them in ages. Im also bored bored bored, i have nothing to do

had butcher made ones once that had the stringy fat stuff (posh chefs use it on burgers etc) and were made of liver i think, didnt like them much, definately prefer Mr Brains

The stringy fat stuff is the lining of a cows stomach "

it's called "cull"

The stringy fat stuff is the lining of a cows stomach

it's called "cull""

Sounds gross!

"Traditional black country dish is peas and faggots but thats grey peas and liver faggots. I have Mr brains faggots which are yummy think its mixed offal definetly no liver in them and there yummy"

faggots were traditionaly made at home in the days when people kept there own pigs. They were made from the offal/liver/kidney/waste off cuts of meat, minced. They were wrapped in the cull, which a membrane from the stomach or intestine, to hold them together whilst cooking

Glad I was born in London, at least I only had to suffer jellied eels (something that makes me vomit instantly now)

"Glad I was born in London, at least I only had to suffer jellied eels (something that makes me vomit instantly now) "

Ive never had a jellied eel, apparently they have lot of bones in them My friend is a real fussy eater bt she tried smoked eel and loved it

"Traditional black country dish is peas and faggots but thats grey peas and liver faggots. I have Mr brains faggots which are yummy think its mixed offal definetly no liver in them and there yummy

faggots were traditionaly made at home in the days when people kept there own pigs. They were made from the offal/liver/kidney/waste off cuts of meat, minced. They were wrapped in the cull, which a membrane from the stomach or intestine, to hold them together whilst cooking "

nothing was wasted, the pigs heads were boiled and the brains and meat from the cheeks and jaw were pressed to make brawn. The feet and tails were boiled too sometimes put into stews or broths, or eaten on their own

God.........

No wonder i prefer veg.

"Glad I was born in London, at least I only had to suffer jellied eels (something that makes me vomit instantly now)

Ive never had a jellied eel, apparently they have lot of bones in them My friend is a real fussy eater bt she tried smoked eel and loved it"

The ones we had were de-boned but it wasn't so much the eel, fish is fish after all, it was the jelly! It smells of piss!

"Traditional black country dish is peas and faggots but thats grey peas and liver faggots. I have Mr brains faggots which are yummy think its mixed offal definetly no liver in them and there yummy

faggots were traditionaly made at home in the days when people kept there own pigs. They were made from the offal/liver/kidney/waste off cuts of meat, minced. They were wrapped in the cull, which a membrane from the stomach or intestine, to hold them together whilst cooking

nothing was wasted, the pigs heads were boiled and the brains and meat from the cheeks and jaw were pressed to make brawn. The feet and tails were boiled too sometimes put into stews or broths, or eaten on their own"

You can still buy all that stuff including chicklings ect on leicester market or yu could last time i went. On come dine wih me one of the guys served up pigs trotters as a main course

Must be an English thing as i have also never heard of faggots.

For a second i thought the OP meant a poof and peas

"Must be an English thing as i have also never heard of faggots.

For a second i thought the OP meant a poof and peas "

DOnt know what your missing out on

Forum Mod

"Must be an English thing as i have also never heard of faggots.

For a second i thought the OP meant a poof and peas "

LMAO

Takes allsorts, never had a faggot cos they were call "Brains Faggots" (maker but I always thought it was ingredients), only had the jellied eels once, yes the bones did for me!

Brought up a haddock and chips girl, all fried in beef dripping, see, Yorkshire's not all bad, now cod fried in veggie stuff, is it the same?? Sometimes we all need to sin!

Faggots is Welsh and West Country, like eels is London and haddock is north. Haddock please but my kids say Pukka pies, not Peters or whatever your region is.

"Faggots is Welsh and West Country, like eels is London and haddock is north. Haddock please but my kids say Pukka pies, not Peters or whatever your region is. "

I was bruaght up on faggots n peas and used to save what ever pocket money up buy pigs trotters and boil them up and eat them.

Times were poor then so was glad of anything to eat at times LoL

"I have to confess that I've never actually eaten a faggot as just the name makes me feel a bit queazy about it. IT doesn't sound appetising does it, and as for mushy peas ... pureed devil's snot! Yuk. "

Agree with you there on mushy peas and the smell is like a sewer but faggots, and i seem to remember, Iceland did some really nice ones with loads of gravy, were absolutely gorgeous much better than Brains

» Add a new message to this topic