FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Being assertive or pushy

Being assertive or pushy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been getting hassled a bit now from a member here to meet up and its... well to be honest, getting on my fooking nerves now. Told said member I don't meet at the drop of a hat but then still asks to meet , now I've had conversations with friends here about my lack of meeting people basically because I don't believe being pushy about a meet will get me anywhere, but was then told I should be more assertive if I want to meet peeps.

is there a fine line between being pushy and being assertive? or are they both the same and its down to the receiver how they see you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

block the fooker

SORTED!

tell them to piss of you meet when you ready and their attitude is really offputtin!! xx

It's a tough line to tread. I'd be the same as you, can't just meet anytime at all, though I enjoy a good meet it's not the only thing in my life that's important. I've actually had the opposite problem lately though. Someone keeps saying they want to meet and we did meet once, so I keep suggesting places & times, they don't bother organising so I say hey thanks but I don't want to be be messed about, then they plead some excuse and insist they still want to meet and not to leave it. Timewasters are just as bad!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont know cause i never ask to meet anyone i let them do the asking, and if there the sort of person im interested in i take things further, but no i dont meet at the drop of a hat never have never will (unless its someone i know really well) Male or female its your perogative to meet as and when you are comfortable to do so. If they dont want to wait, tough plenty more that will

"Timewasters are just as bad!"

I love timwasters, they help to pass the time

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

On the general point of assertive vs pushy, I agree that it's a very fine line indeed, and the exact location of the line is in the eye of the recipient.

Which keeps it interesting...

iam sorry if you think i was being pushy............ xoxox

"I've been getting hassled a bit now from a member here to meet up and its... well to be honest, getting on my fooking nerves now. Told said member I don't meet at the drop of a hat but then still asks to meet , now I've had conversations with friends here about my lack of meeting people basically because I don't believe being pushy about a meet will get me anywhere, but was then told I should be more assertive if I want to meet peeps.

is there a fine line between being pushy and being assertive? or are they both the same and its down to the receiver how they see you?"

I believe there is a world of difference between being assertive and being pushy.

What I don't understand is the contradiction in your post and in your status line. Maybe you lead people on when you don't want to meet.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Go on let em have a feel of your nunchucks

Forum Mod

I don't believe theres a fine line between assertive and pushy

Being assertive is letting people know what you want

Being pushy is telling them you want it now whether they do or not

"Go on let em have a feel of your nunchucks "

Ya two timin bitch lol xxx

oooooooooo who has good nunchucks!!!!!!!!

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Mally! He is a wizard with the old nunchucks!! All shiny and hard they are!

"I've been getting hassled a bit now from a member here to meet up and its... well to be honest, getting on my fooking nerves now. Told said member I don't meet at the drop of a hat but then still asks to meet , now I've had conversations with friends here about my lack of meeting people basically because I don't believe being pushy about a meet will get me anywhere, but was then told I should be more assertive if I want to meet peeps.

is there a fine line between being pushy and being assertive? or are they both the same and its down to the receiver how they see you?"

There is, in my mind, an imaginary boundary between people which is crossed when one person oversteps the line and becomes pushy thus invading the other person's space.

An assertive person would calmly, politely and firmly point out this overstepping and asking the "offender" to respect the boundary by not being pushy. There is a big difference between assertive and aggressive.

can we just not say big bollox!!!!!!! xoxo

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Go on let em have a feel of your nunchucks "

eh, keep my nunchuks out of it

» Add a new message to this topic