FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Qualified?

Qualified?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Listening to politicians and other public figures I was wondering how qualified one needs to be to have a view and express an opinion on something.

No, I am not talking politics necessarily. I mean for example the catholic priest advising on sexual matters, childless people talking about kids and so on.

Does one have to have had the real life experience to have an opinion is the question I am asking?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Listening to politicians and other public figures I was wondering how qualified one needs to be to have a view and express an opinion on something.

No, I am not talking politics necessarily. I mean for example the catholic priest advising on sexual matters, childless people talking about kids and so on.

Does one have to have had the real life experience to have an opinion is the question I am asking? "

its strange that on forums.so few people have an opinion,on when its ok to have an opinion.hmmmmm.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Its everyones right to have an opinion whether you agree or disagree is entirely different

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm rummaging in my drawers for my qualifications to talk about sex!

"Listening to politicians and other public figures I was wondering how qualified one needs to be to have a view and express an opinion on something.

Does one have to have had the real life experience to have an opinion is the question I am asking?

its strange that on forums.so few people have an opinion,on when its ok to have an opinion.hmmmmm. "

Well I just find it interesting, was not referring specifically to forums, but ok you can include them as well.

We all know what it feels like to be happy/ sad/angry etc... so it is shared experience.

But when it comes to specific experience of situations as above... does one have to have been there to know?

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Opinions are like arseholes...... everyone's got one".

"Its everyones right to have an opinion whether you agree or disagree is entirely different"

I am not disputing that at all.. perhaps I did not make it clear enough. I was really just curious ... and of course everybody has a right to express their opinions.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"I'm rummaging in my drawers for my qualifications to talk about sex! "

get some pics.i know youll be qualified, .but the pics will still be nice.

"I'm rummaging in my drawers for my qualifications to talk about sex! "

Now that is one area where we should be introducing more NVQs and qualifications that are based on transferrable skills pmsl

Incidentally, you do realise you need to do a certain amount of CPD each year

In my job, I need to be able to differentiate between objective evidence and subjective opinion.

I would like to believe when peeps ask me for my opinion, they do so because they value my knowledge and experience in certain subject matters.

If I am asked to provide an opinion on a subject that I am not au fait with, I shall say no. I would not try and bluff my way out, as to me, it would be dishonest to do so.

People who know me well know that they will always get an honest answer from me when they ask for my opinion. Whether they like my opinion or not is up to them to decide. If they don't like it, it is no skin off my nose!

;-)

By *ariner192Man  over a year ago

Near Newport

Coming from a Military background - (guess which with my handle), I found it amusing that the process if you had difficulties was to speak to you Officer. So me as a 39 year old going through divorce was told to speak to a 20 year old, straight from uni, about life, and he would provide me with all the advise I need to sort my life out !!

However, it doesn't need intelligence, life experiences, common sense or anything, just sometimes someone elses thoughts can help settle your thoughts, or put them in a different direction, so whilst opinions are important, at the end of the day it is you that has to make the decision, and every one can have a view, but its how you interpret them.

"In my job, I need to be able to differentiate between objective evidence and subjective opinion

;-)"

Good point, differentiating between the two.

was a crazy kid and heading for borstal at full speed ahead.....luckily I met one of those life changing people and a teacher I loathed...between them they turned me around.......

was a great qualification for my first real job as a social worker working with delinquent kids......was always one step ahead

but....anyone can have an opinion and be allowed to express it. you don't need to have experienced something to form one. But, you should be able to be adult enough to listen to, and accept, the opinion of others. I also think you should be flexible enough to realise your own opinion may be misguided or wrong and consider altering your viewpoint.

sorry dont have an opinion on this one

You can have an 'informed opinion' from someone knowledgeable in the area you are seeking advice or 'uninformed opinion' from people around you who may not have that experience but you consider to be worldly wise. You may also get opinions from people who seem to not know what they are talking about, but ultimately it's down to you whether you listen to that advice and act on it or listen to it and dismiss it.

» Add a new message to this topic