FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I am a bad mum its official!!

I am a bad mum its official!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My bedroom is the one room in the house where the girls arent allowed unless told to go into the room. There is nothing in the room to say I am a parent, no pics of the girls, no soft toys they bought me, no mum stuff at all.

I see nothing wrong with having one room in the house which is an adult only area.

Yesterday was Steven and my anniversary he bought me a couple of new toys and a bed snake bat.

Above my bed I have a ping pong ball dart board, a whip, a paddle, and the bed snake bat.

Stupid (the cat) was sleeping on my bed and big kid decided to wake stupid up saw said paddle and bed snake bat on the wall and decided to tell me I was a bad mum and she was going to phone the social services and they would make me take them down dont I know??!!!??

Well stuff her I dont care if one measly room is kid free I mean my god the pair of them took over the rest of the house with their girly things. So if that makes me a bad mum tough

Shona

x x x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

wtf is a bed snake bat?

"My bedroom is the one room in the house where the girls arent allowed unless told to go into the room. There is nothing in the room to say I am a parent, no pics of the girls, no soft toys they bought me, no mum stuff at all.

I see nothing wrong with having one room in the house which is an adult only area.

Yesterday was Steven and my anniversary he bought me a couple of new toys and a bed snake bat.

Above my bed I have a ping pong ball dart board, a whip, a paddle, and the bed snake bat.

Stupid (the cat) was sleeping on my bed and big kid decided to wake stupid up saw said paddle and bed snake bat on the wall and decided to tell me I was a bad mum and she was going to phone the social services and they would make me take them down dont I know??!!!??

Well stuff her I dont care if one measly room is kid free I mean my god the pair of them took over the rest of the house with their girly things. So if that makes me a bad mum tough

Shona

x x x "

I think you are spot on with having set some of your boundaries here. We all need a bit of space and allowing yourself that is looking after yourself. I you are happy, your family is morre likely to be happy. So well done!

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"My bedroom is the one room in the house where the girls arent allowed unless told to go into the room. There is nothing in the room to say I am a parent, no pics of the girls, no soft toys they bought me, no mum stuff at all.

Shona

x x x "

Naaa thats just having one room thats your space and for you. The kids have the whole house so i doubt it even comes in to their thoughts.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"wtf is a bed snake bat? "

i wondered that too

"wtf is a bed snake bat?

i wondered that too"

Its a little baseball bat thing you use to beat a bed snake into submission so you can get sleep and not have said bed snake spitting on or in you.

Shona

x x x

"wtf is a bed snake bat?

i wondered that too

Its a little baseball bat thing you use to beat a bed snake into submission so you can get sleep and not have said bed snake spitting on or in you.

Shona

x x x "

You really don't like cock do you?

"wtf is a bed snake bat?

i wondered that too

Shona

x x x "

A wooden spoon works equally well

"wtf is a bed snake bat?

i wondered that too

Shona

x x x

A wooden spoon works equally well "

But doesnt look as good on the wall BB hun

Wishy I love cock but Steven and I have always bought each other daft novelty things - the paddle has never been used nor the whip they are purely for decorative value. Thats why Steven bought me the bed snake bat, he knows I will never touch it unless I am redecorating the room and his bed snake is in no danger cos I enjoy it wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much

Shona

x x x

"wtf is a bed snake bat?

i wondered that too

Shona

x x x

A wooden spoon works equally well

But doesnt look as good on the wall BB hun

Wishy I love cock but Steven and I have always bought each other daft novelty things - the paddle has never been used nor the whip they are purely for decorative value. Thats why Steven bought me the bed snake bat, he knows I will never touch it unless I am redecorating the room and his bed snake is in no danger cos I enjoy it wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much

Shona

x x x "

I had a big spoon when in service and used it on the odd bugger in the morning if he thought he was chipperfields circus!

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

hey Shona

It was the same in my house when I was married

Our bedroom was a child free zone once they stopped breast feeding

We put a lock on the inside to keep the buggers out when we were inside

Told them out room was for 2 things

shagging

and sleeping

and neither of those needed them to be in OUR ROOM

Dont fret girl

Its your home, they have their own space

Nowt wrong with you having yours

I dont need a lock on the inside of the door there is a chest of drawers right beside the door and the top drawer is full of my toys.

To stop little and large walking in we just leave the top drawer open.

They are good kids really they know if they are out playing and come in (for whatever reason) and the bedroom door is closed they can feck off right back outside to play, taking the contents of the ice cream drawer in the freezer or the sweet box and not get in bother

Now I just have to stop the youngest knocking on the door to ask first Fair puts you off for a minute to hear a little voice saying "mummy can I have an ice pole" when you are in the middle of enjoying yourself

Shona

x x x

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Our bedroom is our room only too! No children or guests allowed in there - it's our sanctuary - you're not a bad Mum at all! Z

As I have said many times before, I'll stick to my cat and dog!

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

our cats were excluded too

who wants a cats bum in ya face when ya shggin

Ohh and it really made me laugh when big kid said the social services would say I was a bad mum for a couple of adult novelties on the wall!!

I mean really if the social work come into my house they will tell big kid to stop wasting their time!!

They are well looked after see nothing they aint meant to see (well if you ignore mum racing to the loo first thing in the morning in the buff ) get plenty time and love lavished on them not to mention spoilt rotten at christmas and birthdays.

I know I am not the worlds best mum (cos she dont exsist) but I also know Im a pretty damn good mum, who puts her children first except in my bedroom

Shona

x x x

"our cats were excluded too

who wants a cats bum in ya face when ya shggin"

Ohh hun thats not the worst thing you can have in your bedroom trust me on that.

Its a toss up between a 6 month old banging the cot side in time to the bed rocking OR a cat licking her arse while sitting on the pllows OR said cat bopping her head and meowing in time to moaning while sitting on top of a wardrobe

Needless to say now the cat gets locked in another room and she can meow and scratch as much as she likes but I NEVER want to see her lick her arse while I am being licked

Shona

x x x

im seriously wantin to convert my loft so i can have a kid free and dog free space lol!!!

they have the run of the house even with a big huge garden and a playhouse like a small cottage all done up like a little house!

own fault really always been an open door house cant even get peace to pee lol!!

thank goodness for grannies at wk ends!! xx

I used to allow my girls free run in the house for years it was like an extention to their bedrooms toys everywhere clothes left lying at their backs.

When we moved here I decided to keep my bedroom for just us no kids allowed - miffed the girls off big style for a couple of months, everytime they walked in I would make them walk back into the hall and knock on the door and wait til I said come in. The hissy fits were funny, but eventually they learnt what I meant when I said "where the grey carpet ends you stop"

I give them the same treatment when I need to go into their bedrooms tho I knock and wait til they say its ok.

But I have also told the oldest when she moves out Im taking over her room so I can have a play room - she thinks its cos I want a library

Shona

x x x

"im seriously wantin to convert my loft so i can have a kid free and dog free space lol!!!

they have the run of the house even with a big huge garden and a playhouse like a small cottage all done up like a little house!

own fault really always been an open door house cant even get peace to pee lol!!

thank goodness for grannies at wk ends!! xx "

Ours has always had open door policy so ended up with not just my kids but lots of their friends and sometimes friends of their friends who had fallen out with their parents and needed a night away from home to calm things down.

Although the house was/ is (they still do it...) never really spotless and tidy but very "lived in" - no regrets.

But I have always insisted on my own, small space - helps you keep your sanity. Does not make you a bad mum.

"I used to allow my girls free run in the house for years it was like an extention to their bedrooms toys everywhere clothes left lying at their backs.

When we moved here I decided to keep my bedroom for just us no kids allowed - miffed the girls off big style for a couple of months, everytime they walked in I would make them walk back into the hall and knock on the door and wait til I said come in. The hissy fits were funny, but eventually they learnt what I meant when I said "where the grey carpet ends you stop"

I give them the same treatment when I need to go into their bedrooms tho I knock and wait til they say its ok.

But I have also told the oldest when she moves out Im taking over her room so I can have a play room - she thinks its cos I want a library

Shona

x x x "

Its a good learning curve for them. In life you can't have everything or go everywhere you want so your giving them valuable experience to help cope with life.

"I used to allow my girls free run in the house for years it was like an extention to their bedrooms toys everywhere clothes left lying at their backs.

Shona

x x x

Its a good learning curve for them. In life you can't have everything or go everywhere you want so your giving them valuable experience to help cope with life. "

Right Mr BB get your bum up here and you can tell my nearly 12 year old that I am really a great mum so there cos nothing I do makes any difference she still says Im the worst mum EVER!!!

Shona

x x x

Shona, wait til they're into their teens and see how much they value their OWN space - I wouldn't think of entering my teenagers' roooms without knocking, done it for years. It's not like they're babies now, who of course you watch over every minute, but yours - and mine - can communicate their needs and can also wait for most things. Enjoy your space and this discussion has made up my mind to ask the same respect of my teenagers as they have from me! xxx

J, when we moved into this house my girls were then aged 8 and 3.

When I decided my bedroom was going to be a child free space I also decided my eldests room would be treated as hers and hers alone no one was allowed to just walk in without her first saying it was ok.

To begin with she thought this was great til she realised I was serious about my room

The worst punishment for either of my girls is the threat of dad taking their bedroom doors of the hinges, because it means a loss of privicy. Ohh and I have followed that threat thru only once tho cos it was enough to lose the door for a week

My daughters know they can come to me about anything no matter what Im doing I will make time for them, now if only I can get them to not talk over each other the second they are in from school that would be great

Anyways it wont scar them for life cos they saw a novelty poundshop whip hanging on the wall above my bed, it may make them realise in a few years OMG mum and dad still have sex but thats a normal part of life, which we all have to go thru at some point!! But it wont harm them.

As for privacy my god I wish I could have a bath in peace just once before I die

Shona

x x x

Shona, that made me laugh, I was locked out of the bathroom for 2 and 1/2 hours yesterday whilst teenage daughter had a bath, no downstairs loo here! I went into bathroom when allowed, had been in bath for less than 5 mins when she just walked in wanting something. I did try to point out ... Next time I'll use the lock! xxx

What blooming lock Steven removed it the day we moved in!!

Both girls locked themselves in the bathroom when aged under 2 and took me hours to get them to open the door, so we decided to remove all bathroom locks.

BAD BAD move cos yes we give them peace in the bathroom they however dont seem to know what a closed bathroom door means - ohh wait yes they do it means start undoing belt on trousers and open door to see dad sitting on his throne and shout DAD at the top of their voice as if said man has no right to be parked on his own throne

Bathing ffs they only have small bodies what do they do for 3 hours every evening?? Seriously I cannot get anywhere near my own bathroom (live in a flat no second bathroom) while they do whatever it is that sets off my asthma and smells soooo gross and leaving a load of shaved hair in the bottom of the bath like they shaved the cat

I really need to get another bathroom - do you think if I petition the housing assoc they will build me one in the stairwell??

Shona

x x x

» Add a new message to this topic