FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are you Red, Blue or Yellow (or Green) Pt. II

Are you Red, Blue or Yellow (or Green) Pt. II

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Gotta be conscientious on this one and not get accused of Tory bias (they're gonna win anyway hehehe) so...

Who's Green??

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

What about the purples?..... I want someone to laugh at

"What about the purples?..... I want someone to laugh at "

Um.. I wasn't sure if it would fit in the title and still be displayed ..

Purples too then... Who's a Purple? (silly colour for a political party anyway, I mean, who'd vote for a grape?)

By *anfarMan  over a year ago

birmingham

White? I dont vote, the government will get in...

Quote from last post in Part 1 from: LUNCHBOX

"

For a number of the people on here, how we vote will make no difference whatsoever. If i wanted to vote Labour where i live (which i dont but arguements sake i did), the Conservatives have such a safe seat, it would make no difference. It would be the same for someone who wanted to vote Conservative in a safe Labour seat - a waste of time. Unless they change the voting system, thousands of people's votes will be be wasted."

I have the same dilemma up here in Gateshead where Labour won in 2005 with 61% of the vote, Libdems on 21%, Tories on 10%... My instincts are telling me to vote Blue but they haven't made much headway up here and I fear that would take a vote away from the Libdems and return the Labour guy.

But... I didn't realise that there are two elections up here, Local and Parliamentary, so now I've decided to keep with my original plan to vote Blue for the Gen Election and Yellow for the Locals.

My over-riding desire is to see Brown turfed out on his arse and this is my way of helping that to happen.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Well after long and considered advice from wishy he has defiantly persuaded me to vote for Nick Clegg. It was the garlic bread comment that did it for me!

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"

My over-riding desire is to see Brown turfed out on his arse and this is my way of helping that to happen."

why not vote ellow in both counts then at least the red gonna be on the back foot til the last vote counted ??

"Well after long and considered advice from wishy he has defiantly persuaded me to vote for Nick Clegg. It was the garlic bread comment that did it for me! "

Huh? Garlic bread? Wha???? Diff'rent bloke mate, wa'nt me???

Cleggy was educated in a £28,000 a term private school in Westminster and is a true blue blood (he is descended from Russian aristocracy and can trace his roots back to William the Conqueror, Edward I and Charlemagne. He is also descended from Johann V, Count of Nassau-Dillenburg which links him to David Cameron as a 16th cousin).

Man, he's more royal the the Queen!!

..and he's gonna turn his back on the toffs is he? hehehe

"Well after long and considered advice from wishy he has defiantly persuaded me to vote for Nick Clegg. It was the garlic bread comment that did it for me!

Cleggy was educated in a £28,000 a term private school in Westminster and is a true blue blood (he is descended from Russian aristocracy and can trace his roots back to William the Conqueror, Edward I and Charlemagne. He is also descended from Johann V, Count of Nassau-Dillenburg which links him to David Cameron as a 16th cousin).

..and he's gonna turn his back on the toffs is he? hehehe "

Bloody hell i hope not!

"Well after long and considered advice from wishy he has defiantly persuaded me to vote for Nick Clegg. It was the garlic bread comment that did it for me!

..and he's gonna turn his back on the toffs is he? hehehe

Bloody hell i hope not! "

Yup. Herrs Cameron and Clegg are gonna do what Hitler failed to do - take over the United Kingdon and run it as a family enterprise. No wonder Cam the Man has been so nice to Nick the ... oops - nearly.. hehehe

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I have the same dilemma up here in Gateshead where Labour won in 2005 with 61% of the vote, Libdems on 21%, Tories on 10%... My instincts are telling me to vote Blue but they haven't made much headway up here and I fear that would take a vote away from the Libdems and return the Labour guy.

But... I didn't realise that there are two elections up here, Local and Parliamentary, so now I've decided to keep with my original plan to vote Blue for the Gen Election and Yellow for the Locals.

My over-riding desire is to see Brown turfed out on his arse and this is my way of helping that to happen. "

I didn't know we shared the same consituancy.... I thought you lived the other side of the river!!!!

anyway I think I have decided who I am voting for..... I think unless something really major happens I am going to vote Lib Dem..... Clegg just continues to impress me, his speech at the RCN conference today impressed me a lot, not so much labour..... and cameron does nothing for me...

is such a shame we live in such a labour stronghold.... maybe that why voting reform would be brilliant, but the tories are so against it!!

"

My over-riding desire is to see Brown turfed out on his arse and this is my way of helping that to happen.

I didn't know we shared the same consituancy.... I thought you lived the other side of the river!!!!

anyway I think I have decided who I am voting for..... I think unless something really major happens I am going to vote Lib Dem..... Clegg just continues to impress me, his speech at the RCN conference today impressed me a lot, not so much labour..... and cameron does nothing for me...

is such a shame we live in such a labour stronghold.... maybe that why voting reform would be brilliant, but the tories are so against it!!"

with you 100% on that. The guy seems to have something extra. It would be interesting to see how much he could do with some influence.

"

I didn't know we shared the same consituancy.... I thought you lived the other side of the river!!!!"

We live in the same ward as you.

By *istress SassyCouple  over a year ago

manchester

You are not voting for Nick Clegg, we don't have a presidential system! (Well unless you live in Sheffield)

You are voting for whomever your local lib dem maybe, so perhaps you should find out more about their record and plans locally as well as about the party at a national level.;-)

I will still be voting Labour. Always have and always will, until a better alternative comes along, and that will never be the lib dems or tories.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"You are not voting for Nick Clegg, we don't have a presidential system! (Well unless you live in Sheffield)

You are voting for whomever your local lib dem maybe, so perhaps you should find out more about their record and plans locally as well as about the party at a national level.;-)

I will still be voting Labour. Always have and always will, until a better alternative comes along, and that will never be the lib dems or tories."

Agreed on that we don't have a presidential system yet.

"You are not voting for Nick Clegg, we don't have a presidential system! (Well unless you live in Sheffield)

I will still be voting Labour. Always have and always will, until a better alternative comes along, and that will never be the lib dems or tories."

Come on Sass, you know full well that people follow the leaders in a Gen Election, not their local candidate. One young man said, after the last debate, "Nick Clegg has done more in 90 minutes on television than in 5 years in parliament." Now THAT's scarey.

All the main parties have pushed their leaders to the fore in this election. I have seen Osbourne once on TV, Cable a few times more and I don't even know who is Dep. PM for Labour.

We've not had a single knock on the door from ANY candidate here in Gateshead, just a few leaflets. The local candidate only gets known if the big guns are in town on the campaign trail so it's no big surprise that we look at the leaders of the main parties and cast our votes accordingly.

I have just had a thought here! What if in all the excitement of voting you forgot to vote in your area wishy??? And shock horror the labor candidate got in by one vote!

The debates have at least engaged people more, that can only be a good thing, but we now live in an x-factor culture where style and presentation is important, we have been brainwashed to some extent.

This is as important election as this country has faced, and I would hope that the vast majority of reasoned UK Citizens will look at substance over style, and think long and hard and make the effort to go and vote. I'll have more respect for people who do vote and perhaps vote differently to me, than those who simply cant be bothered.

"I have just had a thought here! What if in all the excitement of voting you forgot to vote in your area wishy??? And shock horror the labor candidate got in by one vote! "

Postal ballot papers arrived today, are all filled out and ready to send back by tomorrow's mail. There is no fookin way I'm not getting a vote matey!!

They may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!!!!

"I have just had a thought here! What if in all the excitement of voting you forgot to vote in your area wishy??? And shock horror the labor candidate got in by one vote!

Postal ballot papers arrived today, are all filled out and ready to send back by tomorrow's mail. There is no fookin way I'm not getting a vote matey!!

They may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!!!! "

What happens if the postie is a mail thief!

"I have just had a thought here! What if in all the excitement of voting you forgot to vote in your area wishy??? And shock horror the labor candidate got in by one vote!

What happens if the postie is a mail thief! "

Bugger. Didn't think of that. We'll deliver them to the polling station on the day, which kinda negates the reason for having postal votes but Siren applied for them while I was still working away but now I'm off till June but it was too late to change it.

What happens if the postie is a mail thief!

Bugger. Didn't think of that. We'll deliver them to the polling station on the day, which kinda negates the reason for having postal votes but Siren applied for them while I was still working away but now I'm off till June but it was too late to change it."

Bet she changes your vote before you stick it down Or you might post an EMPTY envelope! *Gasps*

"anyway I think I have decided who I am voting for..... I think unless something really major happens I am going to vote Lib Dem..... Clegg just continues to impress me, his speech at the RCN conference today impressed me a lot, not so much labour..... and cameron does nothing for me...

is such a shame we live in such a labour stronghold.... maybe that why voting reform would be brilliant, but the tories are so against it!!"

Think you'll find that the Royal College of Nursing's conference - attended by those in that sainted profession! - gave Gordon Brown 2 standing ovations during this speech yesterday, he's walked the walk, given them the recognition they deserve as well as talking the talk! Increased their pay and their numbers, care for patients as well as reducing waiting lists. He promises to continue to do so, I believe his promises, Blair not so, but Brown is a different man.

Blair, Cameron and Clegg have never lived in the real world, all public school boys. Brown has but inherited an awful global crash put in place by Maggie and Reagan. You want to lose your house again, vote Tory, they haven't a clue, want to sink into the morass that EU currency is heading into, Clegg's your man.

Gordon is strong - so they called him a bully - want a PM who's a pussy cat?

Red through and through, right down to the colour of hair and pussy (undyed) See what I did there, pulled it back round to ...

"Brown has but inherited an awful global crash put in place by Maggie and Reagan. "

Brown was Chancellor of the Exchequer and should havwe reigned the banks in when he saw how reckless they were being. HE ADMITTED THAT HIMSELF ONLY LAST WEEK. As for Thatcher & Reagan: what planet are you from cos it sure isn't this one. Do you not watch the news? Only today executives from Goldman Sachs are on the stand at an inquiry in the U.S. defending accusations of causing the global crash by selling toxic debt.

Your post trotted out comments long held as mantra by Labour hardliners and it sounds so out of date now.

I'm not a hardliner I'm a realist who's lived through recession after recession and ALL, until this one that began in the USA, under Maggie and her boys! Born in Yorkshire, exhorted by Tebbit to get on my bike when the Tories fooked Yorkshire, I did what I could. In Buckinghamshire in the mid 90s I lived next to a house that was used to house those kicked out of their homes by banks/building societies as just homes had been repossessed. You want that again, vote anything but Gordon. But if not for him, even America admits the global economy would be fooked for years!

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Brown has but inherited an awful global crash put in place by Maggie and Reagan.

Brown was Chancellor of the Exchequer and should havwe reigned the banks in when he saw how reckless they were being. HE ADMITTED THAT HIMSELF ONLY LAST WEEK. As for Thatcher & Reagan: what planet are you from cos it sure isn't this one. Do you not watch the news? Only today executives from Goldman Sachs are on the stand at an inquiry in the U.S. defending accusations of causing the global crash by selling toxic debt.

Your post trotted out comments long held as mantra by Labour hardliners and it sounds so out of date now."

i think the point was that Thatcher and Reagan started the deregulation of finance and industry that was finished by Major and Bush Sn.

the fact that Blair and Brown had to promise not to undo that deregulation in 97 seems to have slipped your memory in your rush to reelect the Tories who are ultimately responsible for planting the seeds of this latest crash.

the real shame is that even though the world in general credit Brown for forcing international action to control and reverse the financial crises caused by the yank banks here he gets no credit for that as most here seem to think that its his fault that we are not recovering as quickly as other countries. Again what they forget is that it was the Tories who closed down our industry and turned us into a financial and service economy!

God help us all if "call me dave" gets power!

It seems remarkable to me that all the political leaders of the world are asking for praise for getting us out of a recession that they caused in the first place. Remeber Brown/Blair's promise to end the cycle of Boom & Bust? They forgot one minor little principle - nothing can perpertually rise and nothing can perpetually fall. Have you read The Madness of Crowds and The Tipping Point? Two excellent books that explain the cycles of boom & bust and their inevitability, one follows the other like the tick follows tock. The real skill is maximising during a boom and minimising during a bust - something Brown forgot all about as Chancellor when he sold off billions of £ worth of our gold reserves when gold was at one of it's lowest prices ever.

Any householder will know the economics of saving for a rainy day but with Labour the piggy bank is empty, there's nothing there and they're getting us deeper in hock as each day passes. I'm not spewing Tory propoganda here, the figures are widely available and have been spoke about endlessly over the last few weeks, all they're doing now, all of them, is saying, "Elect us cos we'll get us further in debt the least."

But it's because of Brown's policy of spend spend spend that we're in this position, he's tried to spend his way out of the recession and we're all going to have to pay for that. I prefer the Tories approach of prudence and cuts, as I know that when money is tight in this household the luxuries have to go.

..and it's got sod all to do with Thatcher, that was 20 years ago and by blaming today's economic climate to Thatcher's reign is like saying that the Winter of discontent was the fault of World War 2. They are unrelated. A week in politics is a very long time as the saying goes.

moston

"It seems remarkable to me that all the political leaders of the world are asking for praise for getting us out of a recession that they caused in the first place. Remeber Brown/Blair's promise to end the cycle of Boom & Bust? They forgot one minor little principle - nothing can perpertually rise and nothing can perpetually fall. Have you read The Madness of Crowds and The Tipping Point? Two excellent books that explain the cycles of boom & bust and their inevitability, one follows the other like the tick follows tock. The real skill is maximising during a boom and minimising during a bust - something Brown forgot all about as Chancellor when he sold off billions of £ worth of our gold reserves when gold was at one of it's lowest prices ever.

Any householder will know the economics of saving for a rainy day but with Labour the piggy bank is empty, there's nothing there and they're getting us deeper in hock as each day passes. I'm not spewing Tory propoganda here, the figures are widely available and have been spoke about endlessly over the last few weeks, all they're doing now, all of them, is saying, "Elect us cos we'll get us further in debt the least."

But it's because of Brown's policy of spend spend spend that we're in this position, he's tried to spend his way out of the recession and we're all going to have to pay for that. I prefer the Tories approach of prudence and cuts, as I know that when money is tight in this household the luxuries have to go."

What rot!

We are in this particular mess because numerous US financial institutions knowingly sold worthless bundled mortgages to the rest of the world. That is called fraud or gaining a pecuniary advantage by deception if you or I do it!

As for breaking the cycle of boom and bust, we had 11 years without that that cycle and even now we still have relatively low inflation, I bet that if your precious Tories get in within a year they will take back the power to set interest rates from the Bank of England and do away with the inflation limits. then they will raise the MLR as a way to raise extra finance dumping us back into the boom bust inflationary cycle!

Hope you will be able to afford 10%+ mortgage interest payments, and have a good bike so you can do lots of peddling down south looking for work!

It really is incredulous that Labour supporters have managed to convince themselves that Brown & Blair can do no wrong. Labour isn't trailing in the polls for nothing, and you have to go way back to find a sitting government THIRD in the pre-election polls. THIRD! That's how much the majority of the electorate believe Brown and Blair to be at fault for the state the country is in. Take your red coloured glasses off and see the situation for how it really is. Not from the perspective of 20 years ago but today.

All I know is that we only have one more week of Calamity Brown and his capers and then we can get down to the real work of rebuilding this country under a Conservative Government (although I concede that it will probably be a hung parliament but Cam the Man will win the second election a few months later with a landslide majority) - and I for one will never again be tempted by the promises of the Labour Party, as I was when I voted for Blair in 1997.

moston

"It really is incredulous that Labour supporters have managed to convince themselves that Brown & Blair can do no wrong. Labour isn't trailing in the polls for nothing, and you have to go way back to find a sitting government THIRD in the pre-election polls. THIRD! That's how much the majority of the electorate believe Brown and Blair to be at fault for the state the country is in. Take your red coloured glasses off and see the situation for how it really is. Not from the perspective of 20 years ago but today.

All I know is that we only have one more week of Calamity Brown and his capers and then we can get down to the real work of rebuilding this country under a Conservative Government (although I concede that it will probably be a hung parliament but Cam the Man will win the second election a few months later with a landslide majority) - and I for one will never again be tempted by the promises of the Labour Party, as I was when I voted for Blair in 1997."

Well the propaganda of the right wing press, and the PC neutering of the BBC has done its job with you.

no doubt it has done the same job with enough of the country to ensure you get your wish and the government you desire, and god help us all by the time you and those like you wake up to just how "call me dave" is going to "fix" Briton it will be too late!

"Well the propaganda of the right wing press, and the PC neutering of the BBC has done its job with you.

no doubt it has done the same job with enough of the country to ensure you get your wish and the government you desire, and god help us all by the time you and those like you wake up to just how "call me dave" is going to "fix" Briton it will be too late!"

That's the whole crux of the matter though. I feel we're living the 'god help us all' experience right now, and have been for the last five years. I'm quite happy to admit that when Labour won in 1997 there was a feelgood factor in the UK after 18 years of Tory rule, but all of those weren't bad years, just the last few, as it is now.

The country needs a change, governments become stale and complacent if they are in power for too long. When Major lost to Blair the Tories were awash with sleaze and corruption, I haven't forgotten that, but so are Labour now and it's offset all the good that Labour have done, and it's simply time for a change.

"Gotta be conscientious on this one and not get accused of Tory bias (they're gonna win anyway hehehe) so...

Who's Green??

"

Cameron for PM lol xx

[Removed by poster at 28/04/10 08:09:40]

Doesn't matter who gets in, they're all out to screw us over

Ooops - I think Gordon Brown has just cost Labour the election when he was caught off camera calling a 66y/o widow he had just spoken to a 'bigotted woman'. The woman is a lifelong Labour voter. Silly boy.

"Gotta be conscientious on this one and not get accused of Tory bias (they're gonna win anyway hehehe) so...

Who's Green??

"

I'm green....but I think the shellfish was off

well the local tory candidate for one of the wards around here has just been given the welly for calling gay people unnatural!! did a lot of damage as it shows the usual tory bias against anythin except the so called norm to them!

got a leaflet from them today with that prats mugshot on it beside the local candidate that no one knows but usual white middle class male they must manufacture them somewhere!

we go back to tory and we goin back 50 years their ideas to repair so called broken britain the same broken britain that the last one of them we had in charge caused! thank christ i live in scotland where they wont be in and the impact of of they may get in at westminster wont be as hard!

its yellow for me lets face it they cant be any worse than what we had xx

I got four leaflets through the door this morning Independant, conservative, ukip and liberals only one asking for a donation was liberals why is that

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Interesting interview on Sky News this morning with two widows of soldiers killed in Afghanistan bravely serving their country....

Under Tory plans for Married persons benefiting with tax breaks these widows will lose out financially.

How lovely these Tories are

"Interesting interview on Sky News this morning with two widows of soldiers killed in Afghanistan bravely serving their country....

Under Tory plans for Married persons benefiting with tax breaks these widows will lose out financially.

How lovely these Tories are"

ah the one that works out £300 a year??

well i bet thats got everyone runnin to book the churches........... xx

"well the local tory candidate for one of the wards around here has just been given the welly for calling gay people unnatural!! "

Which is why he was expelled from the party and rightly so. A Labour candidate was also expelled from his party for using Twitter to propogate his racist views on his children marrying Muslims. Which is a bit silly really cos a Muslim family wouldn't allow THEIR children to marry HIS so his Tweet was a pointless and futile exercise. Silly boy.

Torquay

"well the local tory candidate for one of the wards around here has just been given the welly for calling gay people unnatural!!

Which is why he was expelled from the party and rightly so. A Labour candidate was also expelled from his party for using Twitter to propogate his racist views on his children marrying Muslims. Which is a bit silly really cos a Muslim family wouldn't allow THEIR children to marry HIS so his Tweet was a pointless and futile exercise. Silly boy. "

Muslims marry non Muslims all the time

"Interesting interview on Sky News this morning with two widows of soldiers killed in Afghanistan bravely serving their country....

How lovely these Tories are"

That's really twisting things and you know it! Widows of personnel killed whilst serving are well looked after with widows pensions and many other benefits. Cameron has vowed to restore the Military Covenant the UK has with it's armed forces that Labour have consistently whittled away at during their term in office. That was a cheap shot.

"well the local tory candidate for one of the wards around here has just been given the welly for calling gay people unnatural!!

Which is why he was expelled from the party and rightly so. A Labour candidate was also expelled from his party for using Twitter to propogate his racist views on his children marrying Muslims. Which is a bit silly really cos a Muslim family wouldn't allow THEIR children to marry HIS so his Tweet was a pointless and futile exercise. Silly boy.

Muslims marry non Muslims all the time"

Not with their families blessings I suspect.

Just watching Brown grovelling on TV now with his head in his hands as the tape is replayed. I actualy feel sorry for the thousands of Labour campaigners up and down the country who must feel like they've just been kicked in the stomach. What an arse.

politics is full of cheap shots and sensationilism!!

as for that clown and his tweet or whatever it is you do with it, he deserved everythin he got! you would think there would be somethin in place by all parties to make sure their numptys have at least some common sense!

where did that tory guy go that said mps shoulsnt need to travel with the great unwashed i liked him lol prince phillip must have liked him too! x

Torquay

I like the fact that Brown doesn't come across as squeaky clean and teflon coated though, I would like to see Cameron interacting more with the public without the digital autocue going off in his earpiece....

Blair/Cameron/Clegg/Miliband/Osbourne....they all blend into one for me, like different shades of grey.

moston

"Ooops - I think Gordon Brown has just cost Labour the election when he was caught off camera calling a 66y/o widow he had just spoken to a 'bigotted woman'. The woman is a lifelong Labour voter. Silly boy. "

I wonder what she said to cause that reaction? bet we don't hear until after the election!

and then we will all be saying "he was right"

Torquay

Like many people she only sees one side of migration within the EU, they like the freedom to go and live in Spain or France etc. as nearly 800,000 Brits have done.....but when we get EU citizens coming into the UK to live and work they see them as a liability.

It's difficult for politicians to explain EU migration to people who only want to see one side of the equation.

Amazing! You defend the man for this serious gaffe (regardless of what spin they put on it, it IS a gaffe and you can't deny it). The woman was a Labour supporter and she got him over the budget deficit, then questioned him on immigration, and he called her a bigot when he got back in his car. And you defend him for it. If that was Clegg or Cameron you'd be crowing from the rooftops, like I am hahahahahahaha

It's a two-horse race now!! Woo Hoo!!

Torquay

Have you seen Camerons 'soap box' meets with the public these last few days?

No random questions from the public, only stage managed talks with students that have to have their questions and points vetted before they sit down with him.

Have you heard one single person being allowed to randomly question him about Fox Hunting?...Inheritance Tax breaks for the wealthy?....The scrapping of Child Tax Credits?....Pensioners Winter Fuel Allowance?

Just like Blair did in the run up to the '97 election Cameron is being heavily protected against random questions from the public.

Think you’ve always been blue wishy, labour has let us down in the past couple of years with bad choices, but how can you shout you’ll never vote red again, when you’re screaming blue, I’m all for change but you must have a short memory because whether you want to admit it or not blue has done far more damage to Great Britain in the last 20 years than labour has.

"Have you heard one single person being allowed to randomly question him about Fox Hunting?...Inheritance Tax breaks for the wealthy?....The scrapping of Child Tax Credits?....Pensioners Winter Fuel Allowance?"

Cameron was cornered by the father of a handicapped child only yesterday... but he didn't call him names off camera did he?.. In fact, he had much compassion for the guy considering his own son was severely handicapped and died from it.

Gordy the Gaffe is finished. He's blown it with one week to go and I do genuinely feel sorry for Labour campaigners and voters who must now feel that their horse has been nobbled before the race has even started.

So it'll be a landslide victory then

"Think you’ve always been blue wishy, labour has let us down in the past couple of years with bad choices, but how can you shout you’ll never vote red again, when you’re screaming blue, I’m all for change but you must have a short memory because whether you want to admit it or not blue has done far more damage to Great Britain in the last 20 years than labour has. "

Of those 20 years, Labour have been in power for 13 of them. The damage was done by Labour after they swept to power in 97. They did ok for a few years but they lost it about five years ago by my reckoning and the only reason they won the 2005 election is because the Libdems were a bunch of wet blankets, like they are now, and the Tories didn't have Cam the Man in charge until AFTER the election.

I voted for Blair in 97, I believed him and I trusted him. He proved to be a consumate liar (Ref. Iraq) and my trust was broken completely by Gordy the Gaffe stabbing him in the back like a thief in the night. At least when Thatcher was ousted she was in the early stages of going do-lally and the Tories knew she had to go.

Torquay

"Have you heard one single person being allowed to randomly question him about Fox Hunting?...Inheritance Tax breaks for the wealthy?....The scrapping of Child Tax Credits?....Pensioners Winter Fuel Allowance?

Cameron was cornered by the father of a handicapped child only yesterday... but he didn't call him names off camera did he?.. In fact, he had much compassion for the guy considering his own son was severely handicapped and died from it.

Gordy the Gaffe is finished. He's blown it with one week to go and I do genuinely feel sorry for Labour campaigners and voters who must now feel that their horse has been nobbled before the race has even started."

But not enough compassion to commit to turning away from his plans to allow public money to be taken away from the funding of schools for the disabled, and given to middle class parents who fancy a nice new little silver spoon school in their cosy Surrey village?.

Not enough compassion for the widows of men who have fallen in Afghanistan to scrap his plans to reintroduce the Married Persons Tax Allowance and leave widows out of pocket?

That much compassion?

You’re trying to brainwash us, personally I’m looking at the good they’ve done as well as the bad, according to you, its all bad, I’ve made an informed decision on all, and not just judging them on the last two years.

By all means vote blue, but you’re raving like a lifelong pro blue and taking everyone’s comments/opinions personally.

Ban politics from the forums

"Have you heard one single person being allowed to randomly question him about Fox Hunting?...Inheritance Tax breaks for the wealthy?....The scrapping of Child Tax Credits?....Pensioners Winter Fuel Allowance?

Gordy the Gaffe is finished. He's blown it with one week to go and I do genuinely feel sorry for Labour campaigners and voters who must now feel that their horse has been nobbled before the race has even started.

But not enough compassion to commit to turning away from his plans to allow public money to be taken away from the funding of schools for the disabled, and given to middle class parents who fancy a nice new little silver spoon school in their cosy Surrey village?.

Not enough compassion for the widows of men who have fallen in Afghanistan to scrap his plans to reintroduce the Married Persons Tax Allowance and leave widows out of pocket?

That much compassion?"

Do you work for Gordy the Gaffe by any chance? You wanna get in touch with Labour Fallout Damage Control pronto if labour want any chance of saving this election.... but I suspect Gordy the Gaffe has totally scuppered it now. Sorry, it's between cousins Clegg & Cameron now. It's a family affair you know hehehe

Torquay

Wishy you are a typical 'Fair Weather' voter, if the Tories win the election you will be in love with them for a couple of years until they introduce Bills of Parliament that don't benefit 'Chez Wishy'.

When their policies may affect your family financially you will be back on here calling for a change of government.

Thatcher left a legacy of 'I'm alright Jacks' in the UK and you Wishy are a perfect example....One of Thatchers children alright, walk over anybody and everybody as long as you are alright.

Until that is things don't go right for you and yours.....what then Wishy?, Liberal Democrats?, Greens?

"You’re trying to brainwash us, personally I’m looking at the good they’ve done as well as the bad, according to you, its all bad, I’ve made an informed decision on all, and not just judging them on the last two years.

By all means vote blue, but you’re raving like a lifelong pro blue and taking everyone’s comments/opinions personally.

Ban politics from the forums "

There are plenty of Labour supporters on here who have voiced their views vociferously. Am I not allowed that same opportunity?

Allow me my moment of mirth and merriment, it's not often you see a Prime Minister hand the Opposition the Election on a plate like old Gordy the Gaffe has just done hehehe

"Wishy you are a typical 'Fair Weather' voter, if the Tories win the election you will be in love with them for a couple of years until they introduce Bills of Parliament that don't benefit 'Chez Wishy'.

When their policies may affect your family financially you will be back on here calling for a change of government.

Thatcher left a legacy of 'I'm alright Jacks' in the UK and you Wishy are a perfect example....One of Thatchers children alright, walk over anybody and everybody as long as you are alright.

Until that is things don't go right for you and yours.....what then Wishy?, Liberal Democrats?, Greens?"

Nail

Head

If the policy is wrong and the leader is a twat, he don't get my vote whoever it is. I look at all the main parties in an election and vote for the one I think offers me and my family the best deal. I don't follow a party simply because me old grandad used to as he lived in different times. Anyone who mindlessly votes the same way every single time is an uneducated fool.

Vote for the party's policies and not their personalties.

This campaign is becoming more like Politician Idol.

Is Davina McCall going to be announcing the winner?

BTW who was the nodding dog to Browns left whilst he was getting lectured from the bigoted woman?

Torquay

According to you Wishy you were a Thatcher supporter....then you worked for the Liberal Democrats in the 90's.... then you voted for Blair in 1997.... then you became a Tory again.

And you call others 'uneducated fools'?

You will be a Liberal Democrat by the next election again, it's like the seasons changing....

"According to you Wishy you were a Thatcher supporter....then you worked for the Liberal Democrats in the 90's.... then you voted for Blair in 1997.... then you became a Tory again.

You will be a Liberal Democrat by the next election again, it's like the seasons changing...."

A little over dramatic there aren’t you? People change, parties change and politics change. I like many in the UK change stance based upon the party’s leaders and manifestos along with how they are perceived. I think its rather small minded as he failed to use the words uneducated fools in either. It would be a little like me calling you bitter and twisted without having a scrap of evidence to substantiate my claims!

I think there might be a few less labour voters now, considering Gordon Brown's latest incident.

Its never a good idea to call a voter bigoted on a live mike ...

Torquay

"According to you Wishy you were a Thatcher supporter....then you worked for the Liberal Democrats in the 90's.... then you voted for Blair in 1997.... then you became a Tory again.

You will be a Liberal Democrat by the next election again, it's like the seasons changing....

A little over dramatic there aren’t you? People change, parties change and politics change. I like many in the UK change stance based upon the party’s leaders and manifestos along with how they are perceived. I think its rather small minded as he failed to use the words uneducated fools in either. It would be a little like me calling you bitter and twisted without having a scrap of evidence to substantiate my claims! "

Excuse me he did use the term 'uneducated fool' in his post, I was quoting him.

By *istress SassyCouple  over a year ago

manchester

I don't think one comment will win or lose an election. If that were so, then seriously Tories would be seriously worried with the comments that have been made recently, especially regarding LGBT people.

Yes it a gaffe, yes the microphone should have been off, but it wasn't. That said, from all accounts the woman was spouting on about immigration/immigrants.

no doubt gordon has just made a mistake a lot of people do in makin sure that microphones , phones etc are down before they call them a name!

camerons campaign has been so staged it really should win an award!

no one can ask him a direct question that has not been vetted thoroughly before hand?

the tories always will be the party of the im alright jacks, and that legacy will always live on take a look at donations to parties over the last few wks they have had over a million i think and i dont imagine it will be from the good common people!

cameron couldnt do empathy if it bit him on the fake tanned balls the man is the spawn of thatcher and major minus the personality and believe me he will soon show the true colours if he gets elected!

all this my child is in a state school aye but i would willingly lay my last on it being one of the better performing ones that would benefit from goin private his pr are tryin to shove the happy family picture as much as possible and showing call me dave as the pinnacle of fatherhood! i bet sam doesnt have to try and work out how to feed a family off 3 quid a day that will be left to the cook and the nanny likely! xx

"I think there might be a few less labour voters now, considering Gordon Brown's latest incident.

Its never a good idea to call a voter bigoted on a live mike ..."

best political open mike blooper has to be ronnie reagan .... something along the lines of....

"My fellow Americans, I've just signed legislation outlawing Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

classic

You will be a Liberal Democrat by the next election again, it's like the seasons changing...."

I'll vote for whatever party offers me the best deal, it's my pocket that pays my bills after all. I come from a tough council estate in Luton and if I hadn't dragged myself out of that shithole I'd still be there shovelling someone else's crap. Labour didn't do that for me, I did.

I'm old enough now to have seen prolonged years of one party rule of both Labour and the Tories and I don't agree with it. They end up thinking they're untouchable. I'd much prefer the American system of no more than two terms for any Leader.

"...........

I'm old enough now to have seen prolonged years of one party rule of both Labour and the Tories and I don't agree with it. They end up thinking they're untouchable. I'd much prefer the American system of no more than two terms for any Leader. "

is theirs, in reality, not still a 2 party system?

Torquay

To be fair the run up to the '97 election and Blairs subsequent win was equally guarded, he got the same protection as Cameron is now.

He would annoy the old school Labour MP's like Skinner and Benn because of his refusal to talk randomly and unrehearsed with the public.

I think the Tories have modelled Cameron on Blair in a lot of ways, it worked in '97 and they hope it will work again in '10.

I have said before that Brown is an own goal by the Labour party, he was far from the popular choice of Labour party members but he was imposed upon them.

There are many old guard Tories who will see Cameron in the same way, there will be payback to this old guard if the Tories win on May 6th...and it will be at the expence of mainstream education, the NHS, and the poor.

But at least it won't be any surprise!

Torquay

I'll vote for whatever party offers me the best deal, it's my pocket that pays my bills after all. I come from a tough council estate in Luton and if I hadn't dragged myself out of that shithole I'd still be there shovelling someone else's crap. Labour didn't do that for me, I did.

I'm old enough now to have seen prolonged years of one party rule of both Labour and the Tories and I don't agree with it. They end up thinking they're untouchable. I'd much prefer the American system of no more than two terms for any Leader. "

And there we agree....personally I am all for fixed term (4 year) governments and no more than two terms.

And I agree with Cameron (and most of the Labour old guard incidentally) that we should not have an unelected leader for more than 6 months before a general election is called for.

"...........

I'm old enough now to have seen prolonged years of one party rule of both Labour and the Tories and I don't agree with it. They end up thinking they're untouchable. I'd much prefer the American system of no more than two terms for any Leader.

is theirs, in reality, not still a 2 party system?"

It's never been anything else has it???

"...........

is theirs, in reality, not still a 2 party system?

It's never been anything else has it??? "

they have their independents that try and get in every now and then....but completely dominated by 2 parties....i can't see what difference it would make by forcing a PM to stand for a mximum of 2 terms......still end up with the same policies and same choices.

Proportional Representation, will only (and this is only my own opinion) make things worse as it is likely to end up with us having a government in the UK with no overall working majority. This can only be a bad thing, and I can't...off the top of my head....think of anywhere this has really worked well

And there we agree....personally I am all for fixed term (4 year) governments and no more than two terms.

And I agree with Cameron (and most of the Labour old guard incidentally) that we should not have an unelected leader for more than 6 months before a general election is called for."

Wow, two thing we agree on then

If a PM is ousted, replaced or has to resign through ill health etc then I think there must be a Gen Election as I don't think the PM should be PM without having faced the electorate to get it. I know some people argue it's not about the leader but the reality of it is, that it is really. If it wasn't the Gordy the Gaffe's stupid comment today wouldn't have much impact. I guess we won't know the real damage until the polls come out later or tomorrow.

A little over dramatic there aren’t you? People change, parties change and politics change. I like many in the UK change stance based upon the party’s leaders and manifestos along with how they are perceived. I think its rather small minded as he failed to use the words uneducated fools in either. It would be a little like me calling you bitter and twisted without having a scrap of evidence to substantiate my claims!

Excuse me he did use the term 'uneducated fool' in his post, I was quoting him."

Where! I don't see it in this post at all! Are we dreaming somewhat?

Torquay

The biggest fear amongst the Labour party old school at the moment is that if Brown loses the election he will make way for another 'grey' (Blair/Cameron/Clegg) like Miliband.

If there is a hung parliament (Lib Lab) Brown will be forced to resign within 3 months or the support of the Lib Dems will evaporate, the Lib Dems would prefer a Miliband rather than Alan Johnson which would strengthen the call for future leaders of all three parties to be a 'grey'.

Torquay

Where! I don't see it in this post at all! Are we dreaming somewhat?"

"Anyone who mindlessly votes the same way every single time is an uneducated fool.".....There you go

"

"The biggest fear amongst the Labour party old school at the moment is that if Brown loses the election he will make way for another 'grey' (Blair/Cameron/Clegg) like Miliband.

If there is a hung parliament (Lib Lab) Brown will be forced to resign within 3 months or the support of the Lib Dems will evaporate, the Lib Dems would prefer a Miliband rather than Alan Johnson which would strengthen the call for future leaders of all three parties to be a 'grey'.

"

When we've had a hung parliament it's usually been swiftly followed by another election as the parties just can't work together, they've proven that before. Who will win a 2nd Election? Not sure, certainly not Brown so there will be a change of Leader there I think.

Clegg? hmmm.. inexperienced is my initial thought on him. Will he battle it out with the Euro heavyweights or Obama? I hope so.

Cameron.. he can cut it at the world table, no doubt about that, but the association with the rich will always haunt the Tories. He has to dismantle that and prove to the people he has their interests at heart.

Who do we give it to?

"Anyone who mindlessly votes the same way every single time is an uneducated fool.".....There you go

""

Are you telling us you cannot substantiate your mythical quote? Do i see an apology forthcoming???

"The biggest fear amongst the Labour party old school at the moment is that if Brown loses the election he will make way for another 'grey' (Blair/Cameron/Clegg) like Miliband.

When we've had a hung parliament it's usually been swiftly followed by another election as the parties just can't work together, they've proven that before. Who will win a 2nd Election? Not sure, certainly not Brown so there will be a change of Leader there I think.

Clegg? hmmm.. inexperienced is my initial thought on him. Will he battle it out with the Euro heavyweights or Obama? I hope so.

Cameron.. he can cut it at the world table, no doubt about that, but the association with the rich will always haunt the Tories. He has to dismantle that and prove to the people he has their interests at heart.

Who do we give it to? "

give it to snoggy

clegg may be inexperienced but maybe it is the change that the country needs and make it more decision based and not party based?

im no sure who browns replacement would be if he had to stand down?

cameron has flirted with too many people from the rich , to the church and offended too many outwith these and may find that people come lookin for their pound of flesh? and at the end of the day he can only do as he is told by his party, who are the majority of the rich so its a tough one!! x

"Are you telling us you cannot substantiate your mythical quote? Do i see an apology forthcoming???"

Why not look back and see for yourself?

tut tut, politics, nothing but trouble

moston

"To be fair the run up to the '97 election and Blairs subsequent win was equally guarded, he got the same protection as Cameron is now.

He would annoy the old school Labour MP's like Skinner and Benn because of his refusal to talk randomly and unrehearsed with the public.

I think the Tories have modelled Cameron on Blair in a lot of ways, it worked in '97 and they hope it will work again in '10.

I have said before that Brown is an own goal by the Labour party, he was far from the popular choice of Labour party members but he was imposed upon them.

There are many old guard Tories who will see Cameron in the same way, there will be payback to this old guard if the Tories win on May 6th...and it will be at the expence of mainstream education, the NHS, and the poor.

But at least it won't be any surprise!"

except wishy who thinks its in his interest to have NHS, education and defense cuts!

Maybe he has a spare £30,000 to £50,000+uniform and extras to send each of his childern to a good school, and another £10,000+ to cover private health care.

Bet he hasnt! LoL

"

Are you telling us you cannot substantiate your mythical quote? Do i see an apology forthcoming???"

scroll up she already quoted the qoute??

too many quotes here even am gettin confused!!x

"except wishy who thinks its in his interest to have NHS, education and defense cuts!"

All three parties have acknowledged that there has to be drastic cuts to address our mountain of debt. Why are you making out it's just the Tories? If they are guilty of anything it's having the guts to reduce the debt by the most amount more sooner.

Labour will have to cut services if they win, which cuts would you rather see then? .. Sorry, Gordy the Gaffe prefers to use the phrase 'taken out', he never says 'cuts' .. "we'll take out biwyons from ... etc" you must have heard him. He never says 'cuts'.

But I bet I know one woman he'd like 'taken out' after today's fiasco hehehe

moston

"

Are you telling us you cannot substantiate your mythical quote? Do i see an apology forthcoming???

too many quotes here even am gettin confused!!x "

wishy is rather blind to anything that does not completely agree with him

Torquay

"

"

Are you telling us you cannot substantiate your mythical quote? Do i see an apology forthcoming???"

I just did substantiate it, you just can't be arsed to scroll back and read it.

moston

Labour have said there will be NO cuts in front line services, not so the Tories.

[Removed by poster at 28/04/10 15:03:53]

"To be fair the run up to the '97 election and Blairs subsequent win was equally guarded, he got the same protection as Cameron is now.

except wishy who thinks its in his interest to have NHS, education and defense cuts!

Maybe he has a spare £30,000 to £50,000+uniform and extras to send each of his childern to a good school, and another £10,000+ to cover private health care.

Bet he hasnt! LoL "

The national debt will be the same for all. Be it red, blue or yellow they will all have to make cuts. The Tories have only disclosed 18% of proposed cuts to labour's 13%. I really don't think anyone will be left untouched by the reigning in on spending. I am at a loss though why the Tories getting in will mean anyone will have to fork out £50k on private education though. Maybe you could explain how this will be the outcome of a governmental change.

the problem is no party except lib dems is sayin where the cuts or whatever you want to call them is coming from?

the tories we know its vital front line services that will get cut as per, and the ones that the lower classes use the most frequently along with education unless you can form a co-op with other parents and buy the school out!

they will also hit the public sector harder as per even though it was them that introduced the manager system and buercracy that has led to all this waste of resources and man power etc.

labour i dont know where the main cuts will be but im assuming it wont be the tax credits etc that many people rely on to top up a poor wage and to also fit in with child poverty targets x

"

"

I just did substantiate it, you just can't be arsed to scroll back and read it."

No you didn't you dreamt it up. Better to learn the difference between fact and fiction if your going to quote unicorns and dragons.

"except wishy who thinks its in his interest to have NHS, education and defense cuts!

All three parties have acknowledged that there has to be drastic cuts to address our mountain of debt. Why are you making out it's just the Tories? If they are guilty of anything it's having the guts to reduce the debt by the most amount more sooner.

Labour will have to cut services if they win, which cuts would you rather see then? .. Sorry, Gordy the Gaffe prefers to use the phrase 'taken out', he never says 'cuts' .. "we'll take out biwyons from ... etc" you must have heard him. He never says 'cuts'.

But I bet I know one woman he'd like 'taken out' after today's fiasco hehehe "

Just seen it wishy and thought it was actually rather funny, only thing I’ve learned is that 66 year olds can never be bigots or called one

moston

The only promis I have heard from the Tories is that they will raise inheritance tax threshhold by £200,000. Nice for some!

Bet its of no help to you wishy!

Bet he hasnt! LoL

The national debt will be the same for all. Be it red, blue or yellow they will all have to make cuts. The Tories have only disclosed 18% of proposed cuts to labour's 13%. I really don't think anyone will be left untouched by the reigning in on spending. I am at a loss though why the Tories getting in will mean anyone will have to fork out £50k on private education though. Maybe you could explain how this will be the outcome of a governmental change."

because as per it will be the education budget that gets a whack out it, so schools be forced into so called performance targets, the decent teachers will leave so you will be left with the school with sub standard building, facilities and teachers and the posh scheme up the road from you will get funding from the government to set their own school up which will have a higher standard of everythin so if you want a decent education for your child you better find 50k to pay for it because under the tories the working class kids wont have a chance in hell except the odd wee bursary placement that they will need to offer to keep it ahem fair!! x

"except wishy who thinks its in his interest to have NHS, education and defense cuts!

But I bet I know one woman he'd like 'taken out' after today's fiasco hehehe

Just seen it wishy and thought it was actually rather funny, only thing I’ve learned is that 66 year olds can never be bigots or called one "

i thought a bigot was somethin to do with religious views??? xx

"

"

I just did substantiate it, you just can't be arsed to scroll back and read it.

No you didn't you dreamt it up. Better to learn the difference between fact and fiction if your going to quote unicorns and dragons. "

im confused here? she showed you the uneducted fools qoute but you say she didnt but she did and now you sayin she is makin it up when it there???

Torquay

He can see it alright....he is just arguing for the sake of it.

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

I'd like to think that the population of Britain have more sense than to not vote for someone over something like happened to Gordon Brown today. Politics affects all aspects of our lives and those who say "I don't do politics, it's got nothing to do with me" are mistaken. I vote with my head, not with my heart but I do vote and therefore have my say. I do however understand the mining villages and the steel towns that were decimated and slipped in to decline during the Thatcher years. People have long memories, I know hundreds of people who to this day refuse to purchase our local paper due to their reporting during the miner's strike. I've also heard of hundreds more people who refuse to buy The Sun to this day due to their reporting after the Hillsborough disaster. I'm aware that principles do not put food on the table but it's great to know that they still exist out there. So it is with my head and my heart that I'll vote Labour and not as an uneducated fool, I choose not to use derisory blanket statements. @---

Bet he hasnt! LoL

The national debt will be the same for all. Be it red, blue or yellow they will all have to make cuts. The Tories have only disclosed 18% of proposed cuts to labour's 13%. I really don't think anyone will be left untouched by the reigning in on spending. I am at a loss though why the Tories getting in will mean anyone will have to fork out £50k on private education though. Maybe you could explain how this will be the outcome of a governmental change.

because as per it will be the education budget that gets a whack out it, so schools be forced into so called performance targets, the decent teachers will leave so you will be left with the school with sub standard building, facilities and teachers and the posh scheme up the road from you will get funding from the government to set their own school up which will have a higher standard of everythin so if you want a decent education for your child you better find 50k to pay for it because under the tories the working class kids wont have a chance in hell except the odd wee bursary placement that they will need to offer to keep it ahem fair!! x "

Schools already have performance targets. Teachers already leave for private schools as they pay better. The theory goes we will all be poorer who ever gets in. So taking this on board we will have less income to spend thus meaning less able to fund private education in the first place. There are only so many places for teachers in private education so you can't go into a job thats not there.

In reality the resession has ment many well educated and "do-ers" not "tellers" have entered the teaching system. In theory schools will have better teachers with it being a more secure method of employment.

The big issue is that Labour has not said where 87% of cuts needed will come from. The tories have not said where 82% of cuts will come and the libs have not said where 74% of cuts will come from.

In reality non of the parties are telling us anything substantial at all and this election will be no more than a lucky dip with people guessing which will be best for them.

Just wanted ta be poster one hundred cameron for PM xx

"The only promis I have heard from the Tories is that they will raise inheritance tax threshhold by £200,000. Nice for some!

Bet its of no help to you wishy! "

My parents are divorced and both own houses in excess of £200k so I'm delighted I will have to give the taxman less under the Tories than I will under Labour but as I hope both my lovely old mum and dear old dad both live for another 30 years it's a bit of a dead issue at the moment (pun intended).

Ha! Gordy the Gaffe's Goons are at that woman's house in Rochdale... the cameras are there to catch all the screams, blood on the net curtains, howls of agony... I just hope his Goons get to in time before he gets too hurt. hehehe

"

too many quotes here even am gettin confused!!x "

If you care to look its a quote NOT made by the the person she was supposedly quoting in this thread and the first use of that phrase was by her. If you quote someone its something they have said not what you have said on their behalf.

Its quite simple really what we have is someone not really as clever as she pretends to be and unable to substantiate her claims.

Bet he hasnt! LoL

because as per it will be the education budget that gets a whack out it, so schools be forced into so called performance targets, the decent teachers will leave so you will be left with the school with sub standard building, facilities and teachers and the posh scheme up the road from you will get funding from the government to set their own school up which will have a higher standard of everythin so if you want a decent education for your child you better find 50k to pay for it because under the tories the working class kids wont have a chance in hell except the odd wee bursary placement that they will need to offer to keep it ahem fair!! x

Schools already have performance targets. Teachers already leave for private schools as they pay better. The theory goes we will all be poorer who ever gets in. So taking this on board we will have less income to spend thus meaning less able to fund private education in the first place. There are only so many places for teachers in private education so you can't go into a job thats not there.

In reality the resession has ment many well educated and "do-ers" not "tellers" have entered the teaching system. In theory schools will have better teachers with it being a more secure method of employment.

The big issue is that Labour has not said where 87% of cuts needed will come from. The tories have not said where 82% of cuts will come and the libs have not said where 74% of cuts will come from.

In reality non of the parties are telling us anything substantial at all and this election will be no more than a lucky dip with people guessing which will be best for them."

yeah def the public like wee mushrooms kept in the dark and fed a lot of bullshit!

its guesswork tryin to see how the cuts will affect people personally and no one willing to come out and say clearly what their plans are! x

"He can see it alright....he is just arguing for the sake of it."

No i can see your unable to substantiate your claims or you would have being rather self opinionated. Alas your not able to and it has irritated you somewhat.

"The only promis I have heard from the Tories is that they will raise inheritance tax threshhold by £200,000. Nice for some!

My parents are divorced and both own houses in excess of £200k so I'm delighted I will have to give the taxman less under the Tories than I will under Labour but as I hope both my lovely old mum and dear old dad both live for another 30 years it's a bit of a dead issue at the moment (pun intended)."

well you better hope they never need care because under the tories the houses will be sold to pay for the care, unless you take them in as and i quote you on this from a previous thread "its the families job to do it"

and as the frontline services always get it first you no chance of a home help either!! x

Bet he hasnt! LoL

In reality non of the parties are telling us anything substantial at all and this election will be no more than a lucky dip with people guessing which will be best for them.

yeah def the public like wee mushrooms kept in the dark and fed a lot of bullshit!

its guesswork tryin to see how the cuts will affect people personally and no one willing to come out and say clearly what their plans are! x"

This may be the first election substantially influenced by tv debates rather than policy and its truly worrying.

[Removed by poster at 28/04/10 15:26:16]

"

too many quotes here even am gettin confused!!x

If you care to look its a quote NOT made by the the person she was supposedly quoting in this thread and the first use of that phrase was by her. If you quote someone its something they have said not what you have said on their behalf.

Its quite simple really what we have is someone not really as clever as she pretends to be and unable to substantiate her claims. "

but he did say it?? this is where im confused?? its there in black and white, and he did have a point because the amount of people who vote for x cause their granny did and dont look at politics for themselfs, they def need some political education?

but your sayin he didnt and she made it up when it there clearly ? xx

"yeah def the public like wee mushrooms kept in the dark and fed a lot of bullshit!

its guesswork tryin to see how the cuts will affect people personally and no one willing to come out and say clearly what their plans are! x"

That's because they know full well that the public, even though we know we're in deep shit without a pot to piss in, we won't like the harsh reality of how we're going to get out of it. No matter which party tells the truth of what cuts they plan, it is a surefire vote loser.

Torquay

He knows it is there, ignore it darling.

Stevie Wonder could scroll back easily enough and see it....or his guide dog.

"[Removed by poster at 28/04/10 15:26:16]"

too late i seen it lol!!

but this is another bit i dont understand, people will moan when services will get cut but they not willing to pay a bit more through tax or ni for these services, that they use? do they think the magic fairy pays for them? i dont get it?? xx

"well you better hope they never need care because under the tories the houses will be sold to pay for the care, unless you take them in as and i quote you on this from a previous thread "its the families job to do it"

and as the frontline services always get it first you no chance of a home help either!! x"

Ok, let me be crystal clear on this... my mum wiped my arse for me when I couldn't do it myself, fed me, clothed me, housed me, nursed my cuts and scrapes, my dad nurtured me, guided me, helped me and tasught me the things I'd need to know when I was older.

I see it as my duty to repay them for the unconditional love and support they have always given me, even now my old mum worries herself sick as I'm 250 miles away. I'd rather cut off my own hand than see them stuffed away in a home waiting to die. I owe them more than I could ever repay.

"[Removed by poster at 28/04/10 15:26:16]

too late i seen it lol!!

but this is another bit i dont understand, people will moan when services will get cut but they not willing to pay a bit more through tax or ni for these services, that they use? do they think the magic fairy pays for them? i dont get it?? xx"

Grrr.. why don't we have an edit function... feckin cuts, we'll never get one now!!! hehehe

As for tax rises and N.I. rises.. I'm too long in the tooth to be conned by thse rises. Once they go up they'll never come down because the govt, wohever it is, will get used to the extra income and will spend it accordingly. If NI rises it wont come back down, I'm certain of that. If Income Tax rises that won't come down either... unless they need to buy some votes at the NEXT election. Then it will be dressed up as doing us a fookin favour!

i knew there had to be a human being in there somewhere!!!

iv done it both for grandparents and other family members and its not bloody easy you get no support or thanks and tryin to get stuff done is like climbing everest in stilletos and a mini skirt!

its demanding both physically and mentally and sometimes you hit breaking point and need outside help and you never know when it will be if vital services get cut such as support for carers many more people will end up in nursing homes etc xx

This bit of legislation anita me totally I would never have my parents live with me

Not because I don't like em or love em it just would not work

So if they have to sell their house to provide their care so be it why the hell is anyone of the opinion the state should pay is totally beyond me

"[Removed by poster at 28/04/10 15:26:16]

too late i seen it lol!!

but this is another bit i dont understand, people will moan when services will get cut but they not willing to pay a bit more through tax or ni for these services, that they use? do they think the magic fairy pays for them? i dont get it?? xx

Grrr.. why don't we have an edit function... feckin cuts, we'll never get one now!!! hehehe

As for tax rises and N.I. rises.. I'm too long in the tooth to be conned by thse rises. Once they go up they'll never come down because the govt, wohever it is, will get used to the extra income and will spend it accordingly. If NI rises it wont come back down, I'm certain of that. If Income Tax rises that won't come down either... unless they need to buy some votes at the NEXT election. Then it will be dressed up as doing us a fookin favour! "

but if we want services they need to be paid for somehow thats my point?

inflation up at 4.4 % fuel has went up 25% there got to be a rise somewhere to keep even basic services goin?

no one likes tax increases or NI but no one wants to do without services when they need them and moanin about it whilst moanin if there goin to be an increase it doesnt make sense!

i know you cant please everyone but somethin got to give! xx

Torquay

"There are none so blind as those who will not see,"

"i knew there had to be a human being in there somewhere!!!

iv done it both for grandparents and other family members and its not bloody easy you get no support or thanks and tryin to get stuff done is like climbing everest in stilletos and a mini skirt!

its demanding both physically and mentally and sometimes you hit breaking point and need outside help and you never know when it will be if vital services get cut such as support for carers many more people will end up in nursing homes etc xx"

I'm sure it wasn't easy hon, and well done you for doing it. My dad once told me that when we were kids my mum often went without a meal so that the four of us could eat. I never knew that as she hid it very well, even from him sometimes as he worked nights.

If it ever came to it, my son would have his granny living with us and that would wonderful for him as my own grandparents passed away when I was a small child and I have no recollection of them, yet funnily enough, I do miss them, is that possible? I envy those who knew their grandparents.

Bridgend

"well you better hope they never need care because under the tories the houses will be sold to pay for the care, unless you take them in as and i quote you on this from a previous thread "its the families job to do it"

and as the frontline services always get it first you no chance of a home help either!! x

Ok, let me be crystal clear on this... my mum wiped my arse for me when I couldn't do it myself, fed me, clothed me, housed me, nursed my cuts and scrapes, my dad nurtured me, guided me, helped me and tasught me the things I'd need to know when I was older.

I see it as my duty to repay them for the unconditional love and support they have always given me, even now my old mum worries herself sick as I'm 250 miles away. I'd rather cut off my own hand than see them stuffed away in a home waiting to die. I owe them more than I could ever repay."

I undertsand your sentiment but there are those that "don't want to be a burden" to their children. Some want to be with people of their own age and a home or sheltered accommodation offers this. I don't see why having worked all their lives to provide for the family and to have paid off mortgages etc, they should be forced to give up what most quote as "their children's inheritence" for the provision of the "cradle to the grave care" we were promised.

"This bit of legislation anita me totally I would never have my parents live with me

So if they have to sell their house to provide their care so be it why the hell is anyone of the opinion the state should pay is totally beyond me"

because they worked hard to own their homes and build nest eggs etc and paid into the pot expecting to have something to leave the kids when the passed on, but instead they got maggies buy your home, work hard and we make you sell it when you become too infirm and need care even though you paid tax and ni for many years and some people who did nothing will get their care paid for them its very unfair to all those people who supported themselves and paid in xx

Torquay

"This bit of legislation anita me totally I would never have my parents live with me

So if they have to sell their house to provide their care so be it why the hell is anyone of the opinion the state should pay is totally beyond me"

Because those who have never saved a penny in their life, never spent money buying a property, never invested in Stocks and Shares.....just live in local authority rented accommodation, often subsidised by others, will get the same care in the home as those that have saved, brought houses, maybe worked harder (but not in all cases)

That's life I was bought up ta look after myself to work and get on with it what others do don't affect me it's called pride

I could have been claiming disability now for over five years but I still struggle to get out of bed most mornings and will continue to as long ad I feckin can

You can look at this all roads but at the end of the day the sytem should only provide for those that genuinly need it and the others should be left ta fend for themselves

It's silly if some one has the means to support themselves that the rest of us should pay

at the end of the day yes there are people that do nowt and get the lot but I'll tell you what I would rather die with dignity and pride knowing I ain't cost anyone else anything

[Removed by poster at 28/04/10 15:52:02]

"He knows it is there, ignore it darling.

Stevie Wonder could scroll back easily enough and see it....or his guide dog."

Quote it then stevie wonder! What you cant? Wonder why not? Because its in your mind.

I find it rather amusing to be honest that your unable to prove your point. Tell me does it smart a little having the error of your ways pointed out

Torquay

"Quote it then stevie wonder! What you cant? Wonder why not? Because its in your mind.

I find it rather amusing to be honest that your unable to prove your point. Tell me does it smart a little having the error of your ways pointed out

"

Wishy's original post....

"Nail

Head

If the policy is wrong and the leader is a twat, he don't get my vote whoever it is. I look at all the main parties in an election and vote for the one I think offers me and my family the best deal. I don't follow a party simply because me old grandad used to as he lived in different times. Anyone who mindlessly votes the same way every single time is an uneducated fool.

"

The post that I can see, others can see....but you can't.

Quote it then stevie wonder! What you cant? Wonder why not? Because its in your mind.

"

for the love of god will you scroll up and see it, its there honestly i promise!!! i seen it and he did say it and he did have a point!! xx

"Quote it then stevie wonder! What you cant? Wonder why not? Because its in your mind.

"Nail

Head

"

The post that I can see, others can see....but you can't."

I don't see it in this thread quote please!

Torquay

"Nail

Head

"

The post that I can see, others can see....but you can't.

I don't see it in this thread quote please! "

I just did, scroll up the thread and you will see his post. If you maintain it isn't there then there is (a) either a technical problem that concerns only your account or (b)you are being awkward for the sake of it.

Torquay

for the love of god will you scroll up and see it, its there honestly i promise!!! i seen it and he did say it and he did have a point!! xx"

It's that rubber gimp mask he is wearing....he can't see feck all!

Torquay

Mind you too much wanking can make you go blind.....

for the love of god will you scroll up and see it, its there honestly i promise!!! i seen it and he did say it and he did have a point!! xx

It's that rubber gimp mask he is wearing....he can't see feck all!"

So sad when you resort to personal attacks. I can only assume you struggle with words on an intellectual basis at times. Maybe you should concentrate no your pots and pans.

Torquay

It's that rubber gimp mask he is wearing....he can't see feck all!

So sad when you resort to personal attacks. I can only assume you struggle with words on an intellectual basis at times. Maybe you should concentrate no your pots and pans. "

I think calling someone a liar is a personal attack, and that is what you are doing with this nonsense.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Vote UKIP. This election is a sham. 80% of our laws are now made by people we can't sack (the EU). That's not democratic. We live in a society ruled by an elite that has minimal contact with ordinary people.

That is true of Labour, Lib Dem and Con - they just won't admit how they have given our power as voters away.

Bridgend

"Wishy you are a typical 'Fair Weather' voter, if the Tories win the election you will be in love with them for a couple of years until they introduce Bills of Parliament that don't benefit 'Chez Wishy'.

Until that is things don't go right for you and yours.....what then Wishy?, Liberal Democrats?, Greens?

Nail

Head

If the policy is wrong and the leader is a twat, he don't get my vote whoever it is. I look at all the main parties in an election and vote for the one I think offers me and my family the best deal. I don't follow a party simply because me old grandad used to as he lived in different times. Anyone who mindlessly votes the same way every single time is an uneducated fool."

Or a man or woman of principles maybe and I for one err on the side of caution and try to steer clear of making blanket statements

"Vote UKIP. This election is a sham. 80% of our laws are now made by people we can't sack (the EU). That's not democratic. We live in a society ruled by an elite that has minimal contact with ordinary people.

That is true of Labour, Lib Dem and Con - they just won't admit how they have given our power as voters away."

What many fail to realise is there is no real choice at all. Al parties will do pretty much of things 80% the same. But having elections gives the illusion of choice and the feeling that the individual can later things. UKIP do have some radical ideas but if they exceeded to power the changes they suggest would stifle industry. The people who don’t vote as they feel it makes no difference may be the ones who are actually right all along.

Spain, Lancs

Perl n Dean. I can't see how UKIP would stifle industry. They are committed to free trade with Europe and the world - the free-trade ambition for centuries.

It is Europe that stifles industry. Just look at the unemployemnt rate in the EU - twice the rate it is in the USA.

How many lives are stifled by EU regulation, taxes (yes) and unemployment?

"I undertsand your sentiment but there are those that "don't want to be a burden" to their children. Some want to be with people of their own age and a home or sheltered accommodation offers this. I don't see why having worked all their lives to provide for the family and to have paid off mortgages etc, they should be forced to give up what most quote as "their children's inheritence" for the provision of the "cradle to the grave care" we were promised."

I know there are people who don't wish to give up their independence and go into a home, and for some it is the best place they can recieve the care they need, if they have Alzheimer's for example. I wouldn't know how to care for someone with that condition but I'd at least try before circumstances dictate that my dear old mum or dad need help that I cannot provide. I know it's a minefield out there and I know full time carers need support and respite. I am of the opinion that full time carers should be regarded as employees of the state and paid accordingly.

"Perl n Dean. I can't see how UKIP would stifle industry. They are committed to free trade with Europe and the world - the free-trade ambition for centuries.

It is Europe that stifles industry. Just look at the unemployemnt rate in the EU - twice the rate it is in the USA.

How many lives are stifled by EU regulation, taxes (yes) and unemployment?"

I think the situation in Greece proves just how fragiule the Euro zone really is. How was Greece's huge debts allowed to mount to the point where it's crippled the entire country? Isn't membership of the Euro supposed to protect against that?

I'll keep my shiny pound coins tyvm.

i wondered that too!! greece is in a terrible mess and i think i prefer ahving my pound than joining in the euro x

Spain, Lancs

The Chartists fought to get power for the people. We still have the vote - but its power has been taken away! The EU makes 80 per cent of our laws and we can't sack 'em.

Think very carefully, think of the issues, don't cast your vote on the basis of whether someone is good on television - and then vote UKIP

the problem is britain relies on a lot of european funding xx

Torquay

The Germans and French led the calls for a rapid expansion of the EU, now the bottom has dropped out of the Greek economy both Germany and France are questioning them being bailed out with EU money.

It doesn't take an economist to see that opening up EU membership to so many fragile countries would end up in tears.....

"The Germans and French led the calls for a rapid expansion of the EU, now the bottom has dropped out of the Greek economy both Germany and France are questioning them being bailed out with EU money.

It doesn't take an economist to see that opening up EU membership to so many fragile countries would end up in tears....."

So you don't want to see a Liberal govt taking us in as fast as their little unstable legs can carry them then, do you?

Spain, Lancs

The EU doesn't send a penny to Britain - just the opposite

"The EU doesn't send a penny to Britain - just the opposite "

Grrrrrr.... what really pisses me off about that is how Blair crowed about retaining our Euro rebate. What I would like to know is why give it to them in the first place if we're just gonna claim it back regardless anyway?

Torquay

"The Germans and French led the calls for a rapid expansion of the EU, now the bottom has dropped out of the Greek economy both Germany and France are questioning them being bailed out with EU money.

It doesn't take an economist to see that opening up EU membership to so many fragile countries would end up in tears.....

So you don't want to see a Liberal govt taking us in as fast as their little unstable legs can carry them then, do you? "

Hold on, just a couple of days ago you were wavering between the Tories and Lib Dems......so are you now a Euro sceptic?

So you don't want to see a Liberal govt taking us in as fast as their little unstable legs can carry them then, do you?

Hold on, just a couple of days ago you were wavering between the Tories and Lib Dems......so are you now a Euro sceptic?"

No, not long term at least. I'd love to see a World Council to sort all the shit out in the world and a Euro Council is a major step towards that but they just haven't got the formula right yet. Greece proves that. We're not ready for the Euro and it isn't ready for us, so best to stay out of it altogether for the time being.

Spain, Lancs

We have always paid into the EU about six times what we get out. It is because the main item of spending is agriculture - and the FRench take the lions' share.

Margaret Thatcher said that was unfair and won the rebate - only for Tony Blair to give it back!

Never vote for a euro-federalist.

Bring back democracy.

Never again vote Labour, Con or Lib Dem

I would vote for any party the had a minister and a department for common sense

A department that would sort out and deal with peoples problems and grievances and bring some fuckin common sense back to this ridiculous farce of a country

"The EU doesn't send a penny to Britain - just the opposite "

sorry but it does through the social deprivation funding etc.

i dealt with them a lot when securing funding for a local youth group etc .

i cant give you exact figures of what goes out from here or back in xx

Torquay

"The EU doesn't send a penny to Britain - just the opposite

sorry but it does through the social deprivation funding etc.

i dealt with them a lot when securing funding for a local youth group etc .

i cant give you exact figures of what goes out from here or back in xx"

Our net spend on the EU is more than our net income from the EU, but.....the only people that equate that to Six times more are UKIP.

Better to read an independent report on EU costings like 'The Economist' magazine.

The pro's still outweigh the cons at the moment as regards membership, but it will come to a point where the Euro in or out decision gets past that tipping point and not joining the Euro at that particular point in time will cost us dearly.

Still a little while off though.

"

The pro's still outweigh the cons at the moment as regards membership, but it will come to a point where the Euro in or out decision gets past that tipping point and not joining the Euro at that particular point in time will cost us dearly.

Still a little while off though."

Holy crap! That's the third time today we've agreed on something lol

Torquay

"

Still a little while off though.

Holy crap! That's the third time today we've agreed on something lol "

We need to be careful here....

"

We need to be careful here.... "

Oh those heady days of a blossoming romance ... (no red or yellow knickers though, I won't allow it, you go to the toilet first)

Torquay

"

Oh those heady days of a blossoming romance ... (no red or yellow knickers though, I won't allow it, you go to the toilet first) "

I never wear them.....

"

Oh those heady days of a blossoming romance ... (no red or yellow knickers though, I won't allow it, you go to the toilet first)

I never wear them..... "

Fuck! Four things.. Neither do I!

Torquay

Should say only wear them one week a month......

"Should say only wear them one week a month......"

erm.... no comment, Siren will kill me!

Bridgend

"We have always paid into the EU about six times what we get out. It is because the main item of spending is agriculture - and the FRench take the lions' share.

Margaret Thatcher said that was unfair and won the rebate - only for Tony Blair to give it back!

Never vote for a euro-federalist.

Bring back democracy.

Never again vote Labour, Con or Lib Dem"

You change your mind more often than a tory politician

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok not really sure why the hell it got all weird with the quoting business there.......but the quote was there if you care to scroll...and can we just keep this to an adult debate rather than spoil it with attacks.

Thanks x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Think we might need part 3 wishy, you are all talking too much.

"Think we might need part 3 wishy, you are all talking too much. "

Actually great ta see people are bloody interested lol

Apathy was getting too common place

Things have been stirring not only on here but with my customers and others i have met even teenagers

So if its done nothing else and whoever wins its certainly made people think this time xx

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Totally agree swing......it is great to see a great debate going on on here and it shows how intelligent and passionate some people are about what happens in this country.

"Think we might need part 3 wishy, you are all talking too much.

Actually great ta see people are bloody interested lol

Apathy was getting too common place

Things have been stirring not only on here but with my customers and others i have met even teenagers

So if its done nothing else and whoever wins its certainly made people think this time xx "

well said !! even for a tory voter!! xx

moston

"Cameron.. he can cut it at the world table, no doubt about that, "

Thats why Obhama discribed Cameron as "a light weight" just what we need.

LoL

Can't the thread run a little longer please, this is great fun!!!

I'll start a fresh one tomorrow in time for the cousin-2-cousin debate with Cleggy n Cam the Man (I think Gordy the Gaffe is still going but Labour HQ are still discussing whether to gag Gordy with some Gaffa tape to stop him Gaffing any more before polling day)

god the local tory candidate in my area has been sacked lol

"god the local tory candidate in my area has been sacked lol"

yeah and he was a teacher too!! xx

Tea-bagged???!!!

See whishy even gods a tory lol xx

Torquay

Cameron hopes to impress the Yanks with his account of how he is a direct decendant of King William IV, he knows as we all do how much the silly Yanks love our Royal Family.

I think Clegg has the right idea about dealing with America

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Can't the thread run a little longer please, this is great fun!!!

I'll start a fresh one tomorrow in time for the cousin-2-cousin debate with Cleggy n Cam the Man (I think Gordy the Gaffe is still going but Labour HQ are still discussing whether to gag Gordy with some Gaffa tape to stop him Gaffing any more before polling day) "

lol np

"god the local tory candidate in my area has been sacked lol

See whishy even gods a tory lol xx "

I think God resigned as he had trouble understanding the accent, he'll prob resurface as candidate for Frimley in Surrey lol

Bridgend

"Cameron hopes to impress the Yanks with his account of how he is a direct decendant of King William IV, he knows as we all do how much the silly Yanks love our Royal Family.

I think Clegg has the right idea about dealing with America"

Was that with trident

moston

My parents are divorced and both own houses in excess of £200k so I'm delighted I will have to give the taxman less under the Tories than I will under Labour but as I hope both my lovely old mum and dear old dad both live for another 30 years it's a bit of a dead issue at the moment (pun intended)."

so if both your parents died today they would each have net estates worth over £800,000 (the current death duty thresh hold) for you to benefit from that particular tax break.

If so either they have both won the pools/lottery or you lied when you when you said you grew up on a Luton Council sink estate!

Try as i might i can only get that to 400,000 plus

Torquay

If they are divorced or legally seperated then their estates are deemed as seperate monies, they are not clubbed together to make one taxable amount.

So if they are both owners of £200k houses then that is two £200k estates and not one £400k tax liability.

My parents are divorced and both own houses in excess of £200k so I'm delighted I will have to give the taxman less under the Tories than I will under Labour but as I hope both my lovely old mum and dear old dad both live for another 30 years it's a bit of a dead issue at the moment (pun intended).

so if both your parents died today they would each have net estates worth over £800,000 (the current death duty thresh hold) for you to benefit from that particular tax break.

If so either they have both won the pools/lottery or you lied when you when you said you grew up on a Luton Council sink estate! "

Margaret Thatcher, the same one you dislike so much, allowed council tennants to buy their own homes at a huge discount. Remember? Good.

My parents bought their first home for £9,500, lucky gits. That house rose quickly in value to £60,000 and that's when they divorced, my mum signing over everything to my father. She remarried to a man who also had his own ex-council house. So tjhat's two houses worth approx £60k. With me so far?

Good, let's continue then.

My dad sold up eventually for £90k and bought another house a little more expensive and remianed there for quite a few years before moving on again to the house he's in now, approx value £225k

My mother, in the meantime, also sold and moved a few times, along the same timeline and for approx the same values until she is is where she is now, a nice bungalow in a little village in Bedfordshire, approx value £290k.

Now, my parents were lucky for two reasons:

1) They bought their first house at a time when houses hadn't exploded in value.

And 2) They lived under a Thatcher government that allowed them to do so.

Were it not for those two factors, they would still be in that same sink estate, I would probably still be there too, I wouldn't have met Siren and I wouldn't have a 13m/o son.

Thatcher? Bloody marvellous woman!

So now you know a little more about my history and maybe you'll think twice before calling me a liar in future.

Torquay

I don't share your view of Thatcher being marvellous (but you knew that already) but there are countless thousands of people who have of course benefited from council house purhases and I say good for them!

Of course I have the view that the Tories should have used those proceeds to fund further social housing construction for future generations, then maybe we would have had better housing conditions for todays newly weds.

Incidentally I still support the right to buy, but I would have rather have seen all that money used in a positive way rather than make the rich richer, which happened under Thatcher.

if she was so wonderful why did her own cabinet want her out?

so wonderful she placed millions on the dole..

so wonderful she created a class divide that all these years down the line its still there?

so wonderful there are millions of people waiting on her dying to have a party?

so wonderful that courtesy of her policies we still have extremely high levels of social deprevation due to a lack of suitable housing and council estates that look like beirut on a bad day?

dont get me wrong labour could have changed a lot of her policies but didnt!

you were one of the lucky ones, it wasnt your hard work that got you out of the luton sink estate it was good thinkin on your parents part buyin into the thatcher middle class dream!!

my right to buy comes into effect next year and they can ram it il rent until such times i can buy a house and then someone else who needs it can have mine!! xx

moston

[Removed by poster at 28/04/10 20:35:23]

At least now you can start to understand why I don't think the Tories are at all bad. Sure there are some things I'd change about them but then so would you about the Labour Party.

I'm not going to apologise for actions my parents took to lift them out of the crap estate they were living in. They moved out of London for a fresh start and that's exactly what they got, and myself and my 3 siblings benefitted also.

The people I feel really sorry for are those youngsters starting out today who haven't got a cat in hell's chance of getting on the property ladder, and that's something Labour SHOULD have done something about but failed to. I'm not digging at Labour here, they simply inherited a system initiated by the previous government, but they are the party in power now and if they were true to their socialist roots they would have made sure that all young newlyweds had a nice place to call home from the moment they were married. Maybe if they had, more fathers would still be with the mothers of their children. Who knows. It didn't happen.

moston

If so either they have both won the pools/lottery or you lied when you when you said you grew up on a Luton Council sink estate!

Margaret Thatcher, the same one you dislike so much, allowed council tennants to buy their own homes at a huge discount. Remember? Good.

My parents bought their first home for £9,500, lucky gits. That house rose quickly in value to £60,000 and that's when they divorced, my mum signing over everything to my father. She remarried to a man who also had his own ex-council house. So tjhat's two houses worth approx £60k. With me so far?

Good, let's continue then.

My dad sold up eventually for £90k and bought another house a little more expensive and remianed there for quite a few years before moving on again to the house he's in now, approx value £225k

My mother, in the meantime, also sold and moved a few times, along the same timeline and for approx the same values until she is is where she is now, a nice bungalow in a little village in Bedfordshire, approx value £290k.

Now, my parents were lucky for two reasons:

1) They bought their first house at a time when houses hadn't exploded in value.

And 2) They lived under a Thatcher government that allowed them to do so.

Were it not for those two factors, they would still be in that same sink estate, I would probably still be there too, I wouldn't have met Siren and I wouldn't have a 13m/o son.

Thatcher? Bloody marvellous woman!

So now you know a little more about my history and maybe you'll think twice before calling me a liar in future."

So having gloated that the extra £200,000 on the inheritance tax would cut your tax bill when your parents die, something you have proved is not so. You now get indignant because I point out to you that for that to be the case either both have won the lottery or you had lied.

The fact is that the ONLY definite tax promise of the Tories is to increase the inheritance tax threshold from £800,000 to £1,000,000. Something that is of no use to you, just as its of no use to the vast majority of the rest of us. The sad fact is that they have so conned you that you are already crowing over the fact that they are giving you nothing while making plans to line their pockets.

So take your Tory indignation and eat it, as I am sure you will get to eat lots more of the same sort of shit if they get in!

Torquay

Thatcher had the 'cushy' years of premiership, an abundance of North Sea Oil and Gas proceeds, incredible proceeds from all those state owned utility and other businesses. All those Billions from right to buy council houses.

Yes John Major then Labour had opportunity to put certain things right, but by then the real worth of the country had been syphoned off into the coffers of the wealthy.

No apology for calling me a liar then?

Why not have a snap poll on here right now.

Who owns their own house?

We do. There's one.

Who else?

"At least now you can start to understand why I don't think the Tories are at all bad. Sure there are some things I'd change about them but then so would you about the Labour Party.

I'm not going to apologise for actions my parents took to lift them out of the crap estate they were living in. They moved out of London for a fresh start and that's exactly what they got, and myself and my 3 siblings benefitted also.

The people I feel really sorry for are those youngsters starting out today who haven't got a cat in hell's chance of getting on the property ladder, and that's something Labour SHOULD have done something about but failed to. I'm not digging at Labour here, they simply inherited a system initiated by the previous government, but they are the party in power now and if they were true to their socialist roots they would have made sure that all young newlyweds had a nice place to call home from the moment they were married. Maybe if they had, more fathers would still be with the mothers of their children. Who knows. It didn't happen."

i was startin to think you made sense till the last bit there and it screwed it up!!!

what has housing to do with marriage??

would adequate housing stop divorces or would it have encouraged people to get married??

not everyone wants to buy into the happy nuclear family image?

i had my house before i fell pregnant so didnt need to drop the sprog to get a house and sure as hell wasnt marryin the cunt (kitty its here!!) what is marriage anyway? a bit of paper?? how many marriages break up think its around half now or over 50% would a nice wee council semi have stopped this?? nope i didnt think so either!! xx

Torquay

"At least now you can start to understand why I don't think the Tories are at all bad. Sure there are some things I'd change about them but then so would you about the Labour Party.

The people I feel really sorry for are those youngsters starting out today who haven't got a cat in hell's chance of getting on the property ladder, and that's something Labour SHOULD have done something about but failed to. I'm not digging at Labour here, they simply inherited a system initiated by the previous government, but they are the party in power now and if they were true to their socialist roots they would have made sure that all young newlyweds had a nice place to call home from the moment they were married. Maybe if they had, more fathers would still be with the mothers of their children. Who knows. It didn't happen."

Sorry Wishy but all those proceeds from right to buy under Thatcher then Major were well distributed amongst the wealthy long before Labour got into power, that money should have been spent on new social housing construction.

And that is the bare facts, they had the proceeds from the houses they sold to do it....instead they made Britain a better place for the few.

"Why not have a snap poll on here right now.

We do. There's one.

Who else?"

better asking who owns their council house?

i rent from housing association. xx

"i was startin to think you made sense till the last bit there and it screwed it up!!!

what has housing to do with marriage??

would adequate housing stop divorces or would it have encouraged people to get married??

not everyone wants to buy into the happy nuclear family image?

i had my house before i fell pregnant so didnt need to drop the sprog to get a house and sure as hell wasnt marryin the cunt (kitty its here!!) what is marriage anyway? a bit of paper?? how many marriages break up think its around half now or over 50% would a nice wee council semi have stopped this?? nope i didnt think so either!! xx"

It was just a reference to the dream we're all spoon fed from an early age, you know, grow up, get married, have kids, live happily ever after.

I've had two marriages so the dream didn't work out for me for the first one, but I'm happy to say it's alive and well now lol x

Torquay

We do. There's one.

Who else?"

You wouldn't like it if I told you

yeah understand! it never worked out for a lot of people though maybe for the baby boomers but people my age its been the pipe dream! times change, people change, dreams and ambitions change and most of all society changes!

as you said for younger people the housing ladder is a nitemare it used to be rent your house then once you older buy it or buy somewhere else bigger now no one can get a mortgage or afford one and we have people in their 30s at home with their parents xx

moston

"No apology for calling me a liar then?

"

I pointed out that either you were wrong in your statement or you had lied, you have proved that you were wrong!

I do not apologize for forcing you to admit that you were wrong!

The real shame is that even now you fail to acknowledge your error.

"Sorry Wishy but all those proceeds from right to buy under Thatcher then Major were well distributed amongst the wealthy long before Labour got into power, that money should have been spent on new social housing construction.

And that is the bare facts, they had the proceeds from the houses they sold to do it....instead they made Britain a better place for the few."

I have no idea what happened to the money obtained by the sale of council homes all those years ago and I doubt you do either. Can it be traced? Is there any resources online showing where it went? Unless that claim can be backed up I'll ignore it as it's too easy to trot out a line like without substantiation.

I certainly refuse to believe there were a long line of toffs down at Whitehall holding out their velvet gloved hands for their piece of the pie.

Didn't most of them get fucked when Lloyds went after them? Good job too, I say.

"No apology for calling me a liar then?

I pointed out that either you were wrong in your statement or you had lied, you have proved that you were wrong!

I do not apologize for forcing you to admit that you were wrong!

The real shame is that even now you fail to acknowledge your error. "

You called me a liar and until you apologise for it I'll not debate with you further.

We do. There's one.

Who else?

You wouldn't like it if I told you

"

I know you have your own business so I can guess. Or not. I dunno. It's your business lol

Torquay

Our family home in Devon and one we still own 50% of in Kent.

"Our family home in Devon and one we still own 50% of in Kent."

And good for you. It shouldn't be a source of embarrassment to own one's own home but I do feel that some Labour supporters treat anyone that does as some sort of rich scumbag who have obtained their security on the backs of the down trodden masses.

(that wasn't aimed at anyone on here ok, just wanted to clarify that. We're all swingers and if you're ever fortunate enough to be under my cock I promise not start talking about the type of house you live in. )

you changed into prince charles with the own ones own home??

iv nothin against anyone who owns their home, its the profiteering of buying council houses then selling them at immense profit that sticks with me especially the ones who bought all the relations houses to make a huge profit and the councils for not investing the money back into housing stock x

Torquay

"you changed into prince charles with the own ones own home??

iv nothin against anyone who owns their home, its the profiteering of buying council houses then selling them at immense profit that sticks with me especially the ones who bought all the relations houses to make a huge profit and the councils for not investing the money back into housing stock x"

Agree totally, we never started off on the right to buy path ourselves but I do applaud the concept.....if the Tories hadn't wasted the money, because one thing is for sure they never used the proceeds to build further social housing.

And absolutely agree about people buying relatives council houses and making profits from it, should have been taxed on their gains.

Bridgend

ooooooo are we having the buy your council house under the right to buy scheme and then think you're middle class so you'll vote Tory in the future debate lol

"ooooooo are we having the buy your council house under the right to buy scheme and then think you're middle class so you'll vote Tory in the future debate lol"

Assuming that everyone who bought their council house now thinks they ARE middle class and thus votes Tory... or is that just your take on it?

Torquay

"ooooooo are we having the buy your council house under the right to buy scheme and then think you're middle class so you'll vote Tory in the future debate lol"

Would be rude not to mention this fact wouldn't it?.....Thatcher sold those Council houses for the same reason she sent those boys all that way across the world to the Falklands. To cover up the fact that she deliberately sold all our nationalised industries, utilities, and assets on the cheap to her cronies so they could make Billions!

When the general public looked certain to kick her arse back to her family corner shop for selling off half the country cheaply she bribed them by letting them buy their council houses.

Overnight their greed clouded their vision, overnight half the country were fooled into believing they were middle class as they were the first generation of their families to own their own home.

Then in a bid to bring them down to earth (to stop them from becoming too comfortable) she bumped up interest rates so a great deal of them then lost these homes and the well off brought them on the cheap and turned them back into rented property stock....this time with private landlords though.

She did the self same thing over the Falklands, she refused to listen to her close military advisors who advocated sending an extra Three hundred troops to the Falkland islands when the Argies started sabre rattling, instead when she was way way down in the opinion polls with an election looming she played the old 'Rule Britannia' card and all of a sudden people were standing on the quayside in Plymouth and Portsmouth waving union jacks instead of waving protest banners in Whitehall.

Those lives were wasted needlessly, so Thatcher could claw back ratings.

The Americans had been feeding the government of the day with untold amounts of military intelligence, it went on for months, but instead of nipping it in the bud she got the British public all patriotic again and gagging for a war.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok if you can't be civil and get your point across on the forums without being abusive, you may find you won't be able to post at all.

Bridgend

"ooooooo are we having the buy your council house under the right to buy scheme and then think you're middle class so you'll vote Tory in the future debate lol

Assuming that everyone who bought their council house now thinks they ARE middle class and thus votes Tory... or is that just your take on it? "

Well I'm entitled to my opinion the same as everyone else is and yes that's my take on it, certainly from a local aspect. I saw those same people struggle to keep up with their payments and then having their house repossessed and end up in another council property or rental property. The council stock soon becoming so run down due to lack of funding for repairs which I believe led to the further decay of "sink estates". These repairs that could so easily have been undertaken with the proceeds of the sale of so much of the housing stock under the last Tory government. We have no council houses where I live, they've all been taken over by a housing association and have undergone and are still undergoing a widespread programme of repairs to provide people with the level of accommodation as human beings they deserve.

Torquay

"Ok if you can't be civil and get your point across on the forums without being abusive, you may find you won't be able to post at all.

"

I agree, there is room for a great debate without entering into abuse....

"ooooooo are we having the buy your council house under the right to buy scheme and then think you're middle class so you'll vote Tory in the future debate lol

Would be rude not to mention this fact wouldn't it?.....Thatcher sold those Council houses for the same reason she sent those boys all that way across the world to the Falklands. To cover up the fact that she deliberately sold all our nationalised industries, utilities, and assets on the cheap to her cronies so they could make Billions!

When the general public looked certain to kick her arse back to her family corner shop for selling off half the country cheaply she bribed them by letting them buy their council houses.

Overnight their greed clouded their vision, overnight half the country were fooled into believing they were middle class as they were the first generation of their families to own their own home.

Then in a bid to bring them down to earth (to stop them from becoming too comfortable) she bumped up interest rates so a great deal of them then lost these homes and the well off brought them on the cheap and turned them back into rented property stock....this time with private landlords though.

She did the self same thing over the Falklands, she refused to listen to her close military advisors who advocated sending an extra Three hundred troops to the Falkland islands when the Argies started sabre rattling, instead when she was way way down in the opinion polls with an election looming she played the old 'Rule Britannia' card and all of a sudden people were standing on the quayside in Plymouth and Portsmouth waving union jacks instead of waving protest banners in Whitehall.

The Americans had been feeding the government of the day with untold amounts of military intelligence, it went on for months, but instead of nipping it in the bud she got the British public all patriotic again and gagging for a war."

If we had upped the troops in the Falklands earlier many would be still alive today. She sent mixed messages to the argies and thats why they invaded. not saying Maggie was all bad but what she did to the miners was nothing short of deplorable.

Assuming that everyone who bought their council house now thinks they ARE middle class and thus votes Tory... or is that just your take on it?

Well I'm entitled to my opinion the same as everyone else is and yes that's my take on it, certainly from a local aspect. I saw those same people struggle to keep up with their payments and then having their house repossessed and end up in another council property or rental property. The council stock soon becoming so run down due to lack of funding for repairs which I believe led to the further decay of "sink estates". These repairs that could so easily have been undertaken with the proceeds of the sale of so much of the housing stock under the last Tory government. We have no council houses where I live, they've all been taken over by a housing association and have undergone and are still undergoing a widespread programme of repairs to provide people with the level of accommodation as human beings they deserve. "

The exact same thing has happened and is still happening in Luton also. The estate I grew up on would rival Moss Side, Brixton or some of the other cess pits that exist in our country today. Home ownership improved it somewhat back in the 80's but it has now reverted back to rented accomodation and single mothers with children by several fathers is quite common there. What happened to all the cash? I have no idea. Those that did buy their houses moved on when the housing boom enabled them to, and I don't blame them tbh. I know a lot of people who lost their homes in the subsequent crash too, and as you say, landlords snapped them up at knock down prices but they weren't greedy toffs from Stockbroker land, they were people from those estates who knew the value of those houses and had done well for themselves. I'm only talking about the place I grew up in as I was there as it happened. I can't say how it happened in other areas but I suspect it was pretty much the same thing.

moston

"Would be rude not to mention this fact wouldn't it?.....Thatcher sold those Council houses for the same reason she sent those boys all that way across the world to the Falklands. To cover up the fact that she deliberately sold all our nationalised industries, utilities, and assets on the cheap to her cronies so they could make Billions!

The Americans had been feeding the government of the day with untold amounts of military intelligence, it went on for months, but instead of nipping it in the bud she got the British public all patriotic again and gagging for a war."

Too right Jane! I was one of those boys and I notice that although 250 of us died down there (even though we do know that all corners are instructed to return on misadventure or open verdict unless the suicide note) the suicide rate among the rest of us is an official secret!

I also notice that you are more than lightly one of those who would benefit from a Tory government and their traditional pro wealth policies but you continually point out how unfair and flawed those policies are.

Torquay

"

If we had upped the troops in the Falklands earlier many would be still alive today. She sent mixed messages to the argies and thats why they invaded. not saying Maggie was all bad but what she did to the miners was nothing short of deplorable. "

She all but sent them an invitation, I hear people all the time (mainly pensioners) saying things like "She made Britain proud again" or "she put the Great back into Britain"

She ignored the advise of the generals of the day, she ignored the advise of the Americans, she sent those boys to their deaths in order to stoke up the fires of pride in the British people so they would forget her crimes against the British people themselves.

Those crimes were to do ANYTHING to cripple the unions, whatever the cost.

Divert the real wealth of this country into the pockets of the lords and gentry by letting them buy cheap stock in privatised industries and utilities.

It was estimated that many of the shares were traded initially at one third of their real worth.....one sodding third!

Pt.III on the boards. Can lock this one now. Cheers. x