FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why do I do this to myself??

Why do I do this to myself??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Its still 10 weeks til we go on holiday with the kids and what was I doing about an hour ago??

Sending Steven up the attic for the cases

Writing endless lists of what I have packed and still need to pack not to mention the lists of stuff I still have to buy

Steven has decided to go on strike, no more up and down the attic to get yet another case to see if I need it.

And supposedly 2 medium hold alls 1 large hold all as well as 2 kids cases is enough for one week!! Who is he trying to kid

Where will my shoes and sparkly things go if I can only take a couple of cases??

So my question is this, am I the only one who does the early packing and repacking and repacking?

Or am I a complete nutter like Steven thinks I am??

Shona

x x x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

gosh Shona

Mine gets done the night before

And if something is forgotten, so be it

Hope you have a great holiday though

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

nothing wrong with being prepared

The reason I am over organised as I am is cos the last time I went away for the night I forgot to take pants, and stockings, and bra and had to buy some when I was supposed to be enjoying myself

That wasnt fun racing round the shops and trying to be where I was supposed to be on time while trying to stash the bag full of new undies in a tiny little handbag so no one knew what a numpty I had been

Shona

x x x

you're just being a good boy scout.....I usually do mine the night before I leave....or just as I am about to head outta the door

Forum Mod

I do all mine the day before,If I start too early I forget what ive packed and have to take it all out to check

"I do all mine the day before,If I start too early I forget what ive packed and have to take it all out to check "

Ohh I do that as well maybe I am a nutter like Steven said when he was throwing hold alls at me from the top of the ladders

Ohh wait I wrote it all down I know whats in which case and in what order ohh god now I sound worse

Shona

x x x

2 weeks before we go ....

Sandie's been packing since the day we came back last year

nutter!! In the nicest, huggiest way!

"2 weeks before we go ....

Sandie's been packing since the day we came back last year "

When I was still living at home I swear my mother just washed all her holiday clothes and repacked them ready for next years holiday. Cos she always wore the same clothes on every holiday we went on thru my teenage years, we only knew what year the pics were from by checking what my brother and I were wearing

Now I went out a week ago and got loads of clothes for the girls, showed them what I bought and stuffed the bags in the wardrobe.

Bought mine and Stevens stuff yesterday so thought why not just pack it all and be ready, relaxed and unstressed.

Now I feel like some weirdo who people point at and laugh, cos everyone else waits

Shona

x x x

"nutter!! In the nicest, huggiest way! "

Oi dont be nutterist

Anyway Im a lovely nutter and very huggable or so says my husband

Shona

x x x

awww bless you babe its the mother in your..... but i will tell you what we do!!!! 5 mins from the airport i live (manchester) so we book in with are bags then come home til 15 mins before take off..... how cheeky are we xoxoxx

Ohh no if I did that hun I would be wandering round the house saying "are you sure I packed the hairdrier??"

Shona

x x x

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Its still 10 weeks til we go on holiday with the kids and what was I doing about an hour ago??

Sending Steven up the attic for the cases

Writing endless lists of what I have packed and still need to pack not to mention the lists of stuff I still have to buy

Steven has decided to go on strike, no more up and down the attic to get yet another case to see if I need it.

And supposedly 2 medium hold alls 1 large hold all as well as 2 kids cases is enough for one week!! Who is he trying to kid

Where will my shoes and sparkly things go if I can only take a couple of cases??

So my question is this, am I the only one who does the early packing and repacking and repacking?

Or am I a complete nutter like Steven thinks I am??

Shona

x x x "

Last minute Kate here, my intentions are to get everything ready in plenty of time, but in reality it never happens that way

Good to see I'm not the only one who just throws it in a bag and runs out the door!

shona your not alone! i go away ten wks on sat just me no kid, and my case packed!! just some new things to get and im ready to go!! xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

mine gets done the morning i go simple, i take hardly anything with me

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I take the view that they have shops abroad too, so as long as I have a credit card, tickets, passport & am not naked at the airport, it'll all be fine.

"shona your not alone! i go away ten wks on sat just me no kid, and my case packed!! just some new things to get and im ready to go!! xx "

Mznwty you are my new bestest mate!!

I cant believe in all the people on this site MrsRedhot Mznwty and I are the only people who pack well in advance!!

Now all I have to do is convince Steven I really do need to take 10 pairs of shoes for 8 days

Shona

x x x

dont i only got 15kilo luggage allowance!!! i dont know how the hell im meant to manage with that!!! xx

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"dont i only got 15kilo luggage allowance!!! i dont know how the hell im meant to manage with that!!! xx"

Wear more.

When I was a teenager my family started going abroad for holidays and cos there was 4 of us my mother just used my brother and fathers allowances I refused to give her mines as well!!

Well when my brother decided not to go one year (when he was aged 18) my mother still packed the normal amount, got to the airport and had to throw loads of stuff in the bin cos my father refused to pay the excess charge. I got phone call after phone call telling me what a fecker my father was for making her throw away books and clothes all hers - well he got 1 pair trousers,2 pairs shorts, 4 pairs underwear, 4 pairs socks, 1 pair swimshorts, 4 t-shirts, 1 smart shirt and a jacket, 1 pair trainers, 1 pair smart shoes and a pair of flip flops the rest was hers, and she took 4 cases!!!

The excess charge was in the hundreds

I am not that bad really Im not I packed more for the girls than me well not shoes but everything else

Shona

x x x

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"When I was a teenager my family started going abroad for holidays and cos there was 4 of us my mother just used my brother and fathers allowances I refused to give her mines as well!!

Well when my brother decided not to go one year (when he was aged 18) my mother still packed the normal amount, got to the airport and had to throw loads of stuff in the bin cos my father refused to pay the excess charge. I got phone call after phone call telling me what a fecker my father was for making her throw away books and clothes all hers - well he got 1 pair trousers,2 pairs shorts, 4 pairs underwear, 4 pairs socks, 1 pair swimshorts, 4 t-shirts, 1 smart shirt and a jacket, 1 pair trainers, 1 pair smart shoes and a pair of flip flops the rest was hers, and she took 4 cases!!!

The excess charge was in the hundreds

I am not that bad really Im not I packed more for the girls than me well not shoes but everything else

Shona

x x x "

Hey Shona, tip from me , only pack one pair,then you can buy some when you get there

Femme hun its ok I dont have to worry about luggage allowances Im not leaving Britain!!

BUT I still dont want to spend time arguing with my daughters about what clothes I need to buy when Im supposed to be taking annoying pictures of them that in future years they will bribe me not to show to anyone

And anyway the heaviest things arent things I want to take its the laptop and the kids DS's with the 3 million games to keep them happy on the train

Shona

x x x

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Femme hun its ok I dont have to worry about luggage allowances Im not leaving Britain!!

BUT I still dont want to spend time arguing with my daughters about what clothes I need to buy when Im supposed to be taking annoying pictures of them that in future years they will bribe me not to show to anyone

And anyway the heaviest things arent things I want to take its the laptop and the kids DS's with the 3 million games to keep them happy on the train

Shona

x x x "

id still do that anyway

Im gonna tell Steven it was your idea then hun!!

I will wear my new shoes and pack the chasing the kids on the beach sandals and buy more and blame you

Shona

x x x

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Im gonna tell Steven it was your idea then hun!!

I will wear my new shoes and pack the chasing the kids on the beach sandals and buy more and blame you

Shona

x x x "

you do that, im far enough away

Not when we are down your way hun remember I told you we were going to Blackpool?? Thats a lot closer to you than now

Shona

x x x

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Wow i am a last min night before guy on that. Bet you don't forget a thing unlike me.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Not when we are down your way hun remember I told you we were going to Blackpool?? Thats a lot closer to you than now

Shona

x x x "

oh bloody hell that is close!!! lol

Told you

But its ok he dont care anymore as long as I can bribe one or both the girls to help drag the cases

Shona

x x x

You have yet to see my camping packing list! Those who have seen it think I am anal!

And I still managed to leave one or two things out, usually something in the fridge or freezer!

Pearl gimme the list so I can show Steven Im not anal when it comes to organising.

I did used to be much worse but since marrying him I do tend to relax and blame him for anything left behind since he says he will help and never does!!

Shona

x x x

» Add a new message to this topic