FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hay Festival

Hay Festival

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

anybody visiting the event which increases the population from about 2000 to a staggering 80000 for about a week. It is a very interesting event not just for book worms....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I never have been but is on my Buscket list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We go every year, only for a day though, not the whole event lol

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

We live quite close to Hay, and have relatives living there. Have to say, just like the Jazz festival in Brecon, its not an event that many of the locals look forward to lol!

"anybody visiting the event which increases the population from about 2000 to a staggering 80000 for about a week. It is a very interesting event not just for book worms...."

Never heard of it. What is it???

"anybody visiting the event which increases the population from about 2000 to a staggering 80000 for about a week. It is a very interesting event not just for book worms....

Never heard of it. What is it???"

Google it - it is a quirky event full of very different people, many of whom think quite alternatively. There are many good lectures, discussions, forums... it is a non mainstream event but real fun and you get to meet lots of interesting people.

A literary festival which my stepmother attends every year. She's in her 70s and writes the most dire poetry, sometimes accompanied by prose, but hey, she one a prize once.

Which ensures that Hay and corporate Glastonbury are the 2 festivals I strive to avoid! Have fun!

"A literary festival which my stepmother attends every year. She's in her 70s and writes the most dire poetry, sometimes accompanied by prose, but hey, she one a prize once.

Which ensures that Hay and corporate Glastonbury are the 2 festivals I strive to avoid! Have fun! "

I am with you on the Glastonbury theme... but must confess I love some aspects of the Hay festival, mainly because of the diversity of people who visit - but I accept it is not everybody's cup of tea.

BTW the age range is from about 12 to 102

» Add a new message to this topic