FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nutty neighbours????

Nutty neighbours????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you have a nutter, or eccentric living near to you?

Our neighbour was having trouble with his telly so he went up on the roof to reposition the ariel, except that the one he moved was his neighbours, so it fooked their telly too. They ended up scrapping in the street, lol. Better than watching the telly

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

my neighbour passed out in the garden just after 3 in the afternoon (she's an alcoholic), spent a few hours there before she came round and managed to get on her feet and get through the door.

no neighbours here

"my neighbour passed out in the garden just after 3 in the afternoon (she's an alcoholic), spent a few hours there before she came round and managed to get on her feet and get through the door."

Reminds me of a time in my younger days. We arranged to go fishing and met in the pub one night to finalise the arrangements. One of the gang had a few too many so we took him home. We dropped him off at his house and told him we would pick him up at 6.00am next morning.

Anyway, we arrived at 6, on the dot, and Wilf was still lying in the front garden, he hadn't even made it to the front door

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

One of our neighbours is a retired Army Colonel, he is as mad as a box of frogs...

He has two very large flagpoles in his front drive which fly the Union flag throughout the year, but that is not the strangest thing about him...

Last summer he had about Thirty English Civil War reinactment bods camping in his garden and they marched down our road fully dressed in Oliver Cromwell uniforms on their way to a coach that couldn't fit up our road.

"Do you have a nutter, or eccentric living near to you?

Our neighbour was having trouble with his telly so he went up on the roof to reposition the ariel, except that the one he moved was his neighbours, so it fooked their telly too. They ended up scrapping in the street, lol. Better than watching the telly "

Was he wanting to watch the Man Utd game??

I thought Rod Hull was dead

Our neighbour was having trouble with his telly so he went up on the roof to reposition the ariel, except that the one he moved was his neighbours, so it fooked their telly too. They ended up scrapping in the street, lol. Better than watching the telly "

We are missing out here, the next neighbour is about 2 miles away... only cows and sheep to watch ... but then we can have the music on full blast when we want to...

I allays smile when i see my eccentric neighbours knowing that they have told others they think its me who is eccentric. Maybe they are correct!

Our neighbour was having trouble with his telly so he went up on the roof to reposition the ariel, except that the one he moved was his neighbours, so it fooked their telly too. They ended up scrapping in the street, lol. Better than watching the telly

We are missing out here, the next neighbour is about 2 miles away... only cows and sheep to watch ... but then we can have the music on full blast when we want to..."

Fabby aint it

a few miles from us there is a guy who built a boat in his garden, must be 50 ft long fills the whole garden he spent years building it only to realise that to get it in the water would mean a crane and a huge truck, unfortunatly the area has overhead power lines and his house is about 5 miles from the docks. which would mean all the lines on the route being taken down.

needles to say its been sat there un touched for years

"a few miles from us there is a guy who built a boat in his garden, must be 50 ft long fills the whole garden he spent years building it only to realise that to get it in the water would mean a crane and a huge truck, unfortunatly the area has overhead power lines and his house is about 5 miles from the docks. which would mean all the lines on the route being taken down.

needles to say its been sat there un touched for years"

Don't laugh, but I did something similar I rebuilt a Triumph Bonneville in our spare bedroom, and when I tried to get it downstairs, I couldn't get it round the bend in our stairwell, so I had to dismantle it again halfway down the stairs, as it was too heavy to reverse it back up the stairs, Eccentric or fookin mad??

"a few miles from us there is a guy who built a boat in his garden, must be 50 ft long fills the whole garden he spent years building it only to realise that to get it in the water would mean a crane and a huge truck, unfortunatly the area has overhead power lines and his house is about 5 miles from the docks. which would mean all the lines on the route being taken down.

needles to say its been sat there un touched for years

Don't laugh, but I did something similar I rebuilt a Triumph Bonneville in our spare bedroom, and when I tried to get it downstairs, I couldn't get it round the bend in our stairwell, so I had to dismantle it again halfway down the stairs, as it was too heavy to reverse it back up the stairs, Eccentric or fookin mad??"

mad for building a triumph eccentric for not realising is wouldnt fit down the stairs

[Removed by poster at 27/04/10 11:02:03]

My brother did a similar thing with a kit car in a shed over a few years. By that time the council had put bollards at the end of the bridal path at the back of his house and he had to hire a crane to get it out.

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

"One of our neighbours is a retired Army Colonel, he is as mad as a box of frogs...

He has two very large flagpoles in his front drive which fly the Union flag throughout the year, but that is not the strangest thing about him...

Last summer he had about Thirty English Civil War reinactment bods camping in his garden and they marched down our road fully dressed in Oliver Cromwell uniforms on their way to a coach that couldn't fit up our road.

"

Oh I would love to live near him

I love the Sealed Knot and other similar groups

"One of our neighbours is a retired Army Colonel, he is as mad as a box of frogs...

"

Yes he sounds like our type of neighbour, fantastic

-o"

I don't but me neighbours do apparently xx

We got an East European rent boy living by us, his name is Slobbadan Micockyabitch

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My arial fell of the roof and went right through next doors car window lol

we dont have nutters in Malvern

Its far too posh

We do have more than a handful of eccentrics tho, it has to be said and I like them better

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"we dont have nutters in Malvern

Its far too posh

We do have more than a handful of eccentrics tho, it has to be said and I like them better "

Have to say evie you do make me howl at times

Its far too posh

We do have more than a handful of eccentrics tho, it has to be said and I like them better

Have to say evie you do make me howl at times"

Likewise dear

But it is what it is

Its far too posh

We do have more than a handful of eccentrics tho, it has to be said and I like them better "

Must confess I agree, we dont have nutters, just people who are "special" - I include myself of course ...

» Add a new message to this topic