FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pinot Grigio or

Pinot Grigio or

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

what is your favourite wine and why?

Btw it is not true that the Germans only export Blue Nun to the UK... it simply so is not lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sarsons, I prefer vinegar on my chips.

Sorry, I'm not a lover of wine at all.

"Sarsons, I prefer vinegar on my chips.

Sorry, I'm not a lover of wine at all."

If you could get that tongue of yours out of that cheek you might like it?

So looks like I have to put up a new thread on different beverages now just for you? lol

So looks like I have to put up a new thread on different beverages now just for you? lol "

lol, I seriously do not believe anyone truly likes it, I honestly don't, that's how much I dislike it, tried many a different bottle too, and not one has come close to tantalising my taste buds.

So looks like I have to put up a new thread on different beverages now just for you? lol

lol, I seriously do not believe anyone truly likes it, I honestly don't, that's how much I dislike it, tried many a different bottle too, and not one has come close to tantalising my taste buds.

"

Was only joking - my partner is not a wine drinker either, whereas I was fed wine when my mum breast fed me (well near enough) as I grew up in a wine growing part of Germany.

By *im53Man  over a year ago

Boldon

i`m definatly a pinot grigio person

"i`m definatly a pinot grigio person "

pink?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Rose for me in this weather.....

Love deep mellow full-bodied red in winter and rose from about April onwards... Bubbly throughout the year, no need for special occasions

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I love a nice merlot for drinking

a nice cab sauv with a steak

pinot grigio with summer foods

a nice chilled rose to drink

I lurve merlot and shiraz

FRUITY AND FULL OF LIFE.

a bit like me at times

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

My favourite is Beringer white zinvandel - sparkling rose coloured! Love Veuve Cliquot too - but must admit to drinking most wine as long as it isn't sweet! Z

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"I drink champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad.

Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory.

I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am.

Otherwise I never touch it – unless I'm thirsty."

Madam Lilly Bollinger

I heartily agree

"My favourite is Beringer white zinvandel - sparkling rose coloured! Love Veuve Cliquot too - but must admit to drinking most wine as long as it isn't sweet! Z"

With you there - I am not fond of sweet things as far as wine is concerned and Veuve gets my vote every time.

Torquay

Favourite Rose Sparkling is Ferrari Lunelli, a great Italian wine.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"what is your favourite wine and why?

Btw it is not true that the Germans only export Blue Nun to the UK... it simply so is not lol "

sorry provoctive.blue nun tastes like piss,with added hydrochloric acid. when i was young we used to drink four crown and eldorado.south african fortified wines.god they tasted awfull.but boy did they get you d*unk.

Because its cheap at Lidl

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

Veuve Cliquot toooo mmmmm

always some in the fridge and a back up

Btw it is not true that the Germans only export Blue Nun to the UK... it simply so is not lol

sorry provoctive.blue nun tastes like piss,with added hydrochloric acid. when i was young we used to drink four crown and eldorado.south african fortified wines.god they tasted awfull.but boy did they get you d*unk. "

Saucy, in Germany you cannot get Blue Nun or Towers for love or money - we simply dont sell it! If we did we would only use it for disinfecting things.. so I agree with you. Having said that... a strapping Scot would not drink wine anyway... would he... what about a Tomatin neat?

Torquay

Like a nice Shiraz in the winter though...particularly Aussie wines

"Love deep mellow full-bodied red in winter and rose from about April onwards... Bubbly throughout the year, no need for special occasions"

I perfer what is cheap at Lidl, regardless of the time of year

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

Was only joking - my partner is not a wine drinker either, "

errrr i am but you know its only the cheap stuff with added brake fluid !!!

Was only joking - my partner is not a wine drinker either,

errrr i am but you know its only the cheap stuff with added brake fluid !!!"

Hell is that what you thought of that bottle of Champagne lol

all over the place

Hell is that what you thought of that bottle of Champagne lol"

yeah it tasted really nice was amazed at how thick the glass was on the bottle,quality for sure...made a resounding satisfying thud as it hit the bin

thanks for that .

yeah it tasted really nice was amazed at how thick the glass was on the bottle,quality for sure...made a resounding satisfying thud as it hit the bin

thanks for that . "

Sod Pot

thanks for that .

Sod Pot "

I was there , I think, therefore I am!!!

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

sorry provoctive.blue nun tastes like piss,with added hydrochloric acid. when i was young we used to drink four crown and eldorado.south african fortified wines.god they tasted awfull.but boy did they get you d*unk.

Saucy, in Germany you cannot get Blue Nun or Towers for love or money - we simply dont sell it! If we did we would only use it for disinfecting things.. so I agree with you. Having said that... a strapping Scot would not drink wine anyway... would he... what about a Tomatin neat? "

only lager now.used to drink whisky.the hangovers,were to much.

"

what is your favourite wine and why?

Saucy, in Germany you cannot get Blue Nun or Towers for love or money - we simply dont sell it! If we did we would only use it for disinfecting things.. so I agree with you. Having said that... a strapping Scot would not drink wine anyway... would he... what about a Tomatin neat?

only lager now.used to drink whisky.the hangovers,were to much. "

Remind me of my visit to the distillery not sooo long ago... think I may not be able to go back for a few more months

Lager is cool for me.. being a German lass...

By *andsomgeorgeMan  over a year ago

Rugby

Rioja or Barolo for red - joint favs, Barolo in winter

A quality sav blanc - Villa Maria do a lovely one

Veuve Cliquot definitely - softer than Moet

Lagavulin 18 is my whisky treat

Mind you I had a stack of beers on Saturday for first time in years and thoroughly enjoyed it, much to my surprise - a proper boys weekend.

I love the italian barollo wines and wines from the rhone valley in France

some years ago I decided I wanted to try Cloudy Bay, could I find any....could I hell....so I phoned the vineyard in New Zealand who found an unclaimed case of the stuff and shipped it to my local vintners. Was yummy, and once foot was in the door I managed to get a case each year for a few years.

Would kill for a bottle of Chateau Musar 1983...a cheeky little Lebanese wine....the bombs were falling everywhere in that year....but they still managed to produce this beauty!

But, my favourite wine just now is the Oxford Landing Merlot

Rugby

I agree - Cloudy Bay is very good too - they're so refreshing. Don't understand why there are so many bad examples of Chardonnay about though - that awful, chemically enhanced smoked taste. It doesn't have to be like that.

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

pinot for me or a nice zinfandel oh and chanmpers has to be tattinger very nive indeed villa maria is nice as well, oyster bay sav blanc and merlot very good and a good price as well........ used to work in wine shop so i have had a good few but pinot is my all time fav

Rugby

Pinot is really nice - especially if nicely chilled but it's like Chardonnay - there are plenty of not so good examples about. Tattinger is very nice also - softer than Moet. Gavi is under-rated too, very good vfm. Favourite beer is hoegaarden.

Working in the wine shop would have been a great way to find out the little known gems and what to avoid. Although wines are subjective I guess so one person's 'avoid' might be another's favourite. No accounting for taste sometimes...

inverclyde

and am going back to work again in wine shop as the one i was with got closed due to campany going into administration , looking forward to dif wines being stocked this time and chance to sample new ones as well

Rugby

Now there's a perk - and not even taxable benefit. One of lifes, sweet little victories. Glad to hear you've managed to get another job in these difficult times. Enjoy

inverclyde

thanks so looking forward to it again only 20 hrs but i did enjoy it very much and am back with my old manager as well so thtas even better

I love the Hardys and Jacobs creek shiraz, and if Im feeling in the mood, I'll tickle my tonsils with a cheeky spanish rioja.....

"I love the Hardys and Jacobs creek shiraz, and if Im feeling in the mood, I'll tickle my tonsils with a cheeky spanish rioja..... "

I love a fine oak aged red like Rijoa but have found that there are big differences in Riojas. I guess like German, French and other wines.. if you know the area where they come from and the grape, it helps.

But yes to Rioja

I love a sparkling Shiraz, very reminiscent of a sparkling red burgundy I used to buy years ago from Bouchard Pere et Fils

"I love a sparkling Shiraz, very reminiscent of a sparkling red burgundy I used to buy years ago from Bouchard Pere et Fils

"

I love sparkling - must admit it is my all time favourite, a nice good quality French champagne - does not have to be that pricey... middle range is ok. But there is no greater "aphrodisiac" for this one...

"I love a sparkling Shiraz, very reminiscent of a sparkling red burgundy I used to buy years ago from Bouchard Pere et Fils

I love sparkling - must admit it is my all time favourite, a nice good quality French champagne - does not have to be that pricey... middle range is ok. But there is no greater "aphrodisiac" for this one... "

Do Heinz do a sparkling version pmsl

I love sparkling - must admit it is my all time favourite, a nice good quality French champagne - does not have to be that pricey... middle range is ok. But there is no greater "aphrodisiac" for this one...

Do Heinz do a sparkling version pmsl "

57 ... different ways to leave a ...

good bottle?

I love pinot grigio. Also like mateus rose.

Oh and another favourite is Sancerre.

Do Heinz do a sparkling version pmsl

57 ... different ways to leave a ...

good bottle?"

Saucy

By *ariner192Man  over a year ago

Near Newport

Sorry to say, but a good Champagne is the Creme de Creme. After a nice Moet, then the rest falls foul, mind you have tasted a lovely sparkig wine from Germany, but didnt have a label on it so not sure what it was !!!!

"Sorry to say, but a good Champagne is the Creme de Creme. After a nice Moet, then the rest falls foul, mind you have tasted a lovely sparkig wine from Germany, but didnt have a label on it so not sure what it was !!!!"

Now comes the million dollar question ...

Leaving all snobbery behind.. how much does one have to pay in the UK for a good one?

I am still talking champagne.;-)

Unless you can find a very special offer I think you are talking £30 for a Grande Marque house

Until three years ago only drank pinot even though it gave me raging headaches!

I went to a function and tried some rioja: love at first sip, bye bye pinot!

It has to be rioja 2004-6 though as some are quite rank! Shiraz goes down a treat: merlot? Yuk, I use it for cooking!

On a hot summers day you can't beat a Perroni or vodka and tonic.

Not a great lover of champagne but buy a bottle of Moet every year for my daughter's birthday: New Year's Day!

Kate will do anything for a decent Valpollicella, but I like orange Fanta

"Kate will do anything for a decent Valpollicella, but I like orange Fanta "

I like your style

Actually Vapolicella on a hot summer's day is nice - reminds me of school days, having smuggled it into school. How we never got caught and reprimanded I do not know... Happy memories

By *eprobatepairCouple  over a year ago

london

You can't beat a good Buckfast or a Thunderbird.

If you are trying to impress people some Lambrusco is always nice especially mixed with coca cola. You can get a nice Country Manor in Iceland too, it will go well with the ring of frozen prawns.

Sanatogen gives you a nice pep up and Retsina is lovely for bringing your horse brasses up a treat.

Emva Cream-yum.

There's no difference between a cheap wine and an expensive one it's all snobbery.

"You can't beat a good Buckfast or a Thunderbird.

If you are trying to impress people some Lambrusco is always nice especially mixed with coca cola. You can get a nice Country Manor in Iceland too, it will go well with the ring of frozen prawns.

Sanatogen gives you a nice pep up and Retsina is lovely for bringing your horse brasses up a treat.

Emva Cream-yum.

There's no difference between a cheap wine and an expensive one it's all snobbery.

"

What are you on tonight - my ADHD is surfacing

Torquay

"Now comes the million dollar question ...

Leaving all snobbery behind.. how much does one have to pay in the UK for a good one?

I am still talking champagne.;-)"

You can get a good Laurent-Perrier for around £45 (Ultra)

london

Oh hang on that was an awful nightmare....now how about a nice Lindauer Brut? Seeing as the finest of all Champagnes has been hijacked from being the favourite of the Russian Tsars (hence the clear bottle) and the only people who can afford it are bankers or people who kick a bag of air around for 90 minutes. Louis Roederer's finest.

"Oh hang on that was an awful nightmare....now how about a nice Lindauer Brut? Seeing as the finest of all Champagnes has been hijacked from being the favourite of the Russian Tsars (hence the clear bottle) and the only people who can afford it are bankers or people who kick a bag of air around for 90 minutes. Louis Roederer's finest."

You have wrecked my thread pmsl... I need to lie down in a dark room pmsl..

london

"

You have wrecked my thread pmsl... I need to lie down in a dark room pmsl.. "

You just want us to pour champagne on you and lick it off...

"

You have wrecked my thread pmsl... I need to lie down in a dark room pmsl..

You just want us to pour champagne on you and lick it off..."

I am lying in the darkened room, have taken medication and awaiting the punishment

all over the place

"You can't beat a good Buckfast or a Thunderbird.

Emva Cream-yum.

"

i agree with you, i dont know much about wine, all i know is ..i either like it or i dont ..i dont care if its from some little vineyard where the south wind made the grapes sulk after 4pm ..

» Add a new message to this topic