FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > tories want to change age of consent

tories want to change age of consent

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There was a rumour going around if the Tories get into power that they are going to make content of sexual intercourse to the age of 21, so if that is true what is going to happen to the member’s on fabswingers who are 18 and have partners well older than them etc.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I think there is a lot in favour of being 21 and the age changing

But I doubt it will ever be law so there is really no need to worry

I am sure that Fab would have to change the age of people using the site if it did become law though, they would have no option but

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/04/10 15:04:08]

There was a rumour going around if the Tories get into power that they are going to make content of sexual intercourse to the age of 21, so if that is true what is going to happen to the member’s on fabswingers who are 18 and have partners well older than them etc.

Id say to that lot above-----"BRING IT ON"!!! I QUITE WELCOME IT!! sod it im 36!! hahahaha

sorry blonde moment there!!

i cant see it to be honest, its hard enough to police at the moment never mind raising it by 5 years and then there is all the legislation that would also need to be changed it would be a very big job! can i ask where you seen it so i can go have a wee look? thanks x

I like a girl of 18,,,,,,,i like a girl of 21 ,,,,but which is better?,,,Only 1way to find out "FIGHT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I think this is unlikely to be true, it not only doesn't appear in their manifesto but I don't think I have seen anyone on the shadow front bench bringing up this subject as far as I can remember.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

So you can get married at 17, but can't have sex till 21

Is this another Gordon Brown rumour to get the young vote

What a load of xxxxxxxxxxxx

that would be trouble for the teenagers that are getting pregent they would all be arrested and imprison for having sex and who would help them. they have not thought about the up roar it would cause the country as both parties as in male or female would have to prostecuted for the offense. they say females mature quicker than males so what happens?

big problems in long run what about the teenages that are in relationship and having kids but not 21 yet what will happen to them if new rules come into place.

will it be for gays and lesbions as well. are the??

I think the age you can marry and drink should be raised

The city streets are not full of 50 yr olds getting hammered

and when most 50 yr olds divorce, its not left to the state to support the kids

"I think the age you can marry and drink should be raised

and when most 50 yr olds divorce, its not left to the state to support the kids "

But that will not stop tenage pregancy

But that will not stop tenage pregancy"

maybe not but something needs to

I'm sure most tax payers are heartily sick of supporting some 16/17 yr olds d*unken error

I know I am

But that will not stop tenage pregancy

maybe not but something needs to

I'm sure most tax payers are heartily sick of supporting some 16/17 yr olds d*unken error

I know I am"

I agree

But short of making contraception compulsary, and hell can you imagine the human rights stink, how the hell do you stop it

I was 14 when I lost my virginity and I was ready.

TORIES ARE HOMOPHOBE CUNTS

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"TORIES ARE HOMOPHOBE CUNTS "
if they get in power they could change the way we live gordon brown doing sod all.thatcher was a c**t but david cameron will get us back on track again we hope??????

"TORIES ARE HOMOPHOBE CUNTS if they get in power they could change the way we live gordon brown doing sod all.thatcher was a c**t but david cameron will get us back on track again we hope??????"

aye straight down the rail track because no one thats not of the upper classes would have the will to live!! x

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

[Removed by poster at 24/04/10 15:42:54]

Bridgend

"TORIES ARE HOMOPHOBE CUNTS if they get in power they could change the way we live gordon brown doing sod all.thatcher was a c**t but david cameron will get us back on track again we hope??????"
and pigs really can fly and leopards really can change their spots and aliens do exist.

There is no substance in the op's post, just rumour and speculation.

I personally believe that young people are not emotionally ready for a sexual relationship whatever their sexuality.

"TORIES ARE HOMOPHOBE CUNTS if they get in power they could change the way we live gordon brown doing sod all.thatcher was a c**t but david cameron will get us back on track again we hope??????and pigs really can fly and leopards really can change their spots and aliens do exist.

I personally believe that young people are not emotionally ready for a sexual relationship whatever their sexuality. "

I agree

I think that 21 is far more sensible

Bridgend

"TORIES ARE HOMOPHOBE CUNTS if they get in power they could change the way we live gordon brown doing sod all.thatcher was a c**t but david cameron will get us back on track again we hope??????and pigs really can fly and leopards really can change their spots and aliens do exist.

I personally believe that young people are not emotionally ready for a sexual relationship whatever their sexuality. "

ooopppsss left out the " at the current age of consent"

"TORIES ARE HOMOPHOBE CUNTS "

Dontcha love a reasoned argument.

Any law the Tories or the Libdems want to introduce has to be passed to the Upper Chamber and passed by the House of Lords. Often, new legislation is blocked in the Commons and the Bill never even makes it to the Lords.

I've heard no mention of the age of consent mentioned by any of the main three parties and I'm sure on such a sensitive issue we would have heard something about it considering we're only two weeks from the election.

[Removed by poster at 24/04/10 16:01:00]

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

interestingly the european countries with the lower ages of consent, also have much lower teen conception rates, so the idea that raising the age of consent will reduce teen pregnancy is a flawed one.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

I wonder of the OP's getting mixed up with Julian Lewis shadow minister for Defence, who publicly stated this week “the age of consent for homosexuals should not have been lowered to 16 because it put teenage boys at "serious physical risk" and in danger of catching HIV”

Nothing new from the Tories, anyone willing to scratch the surface will soon find out the Tories opposition to homosexuality equality

sorry bout the rant, i did politics(social policy and crim) at uni politics bores me its like a sport to me, and who ever lies best wins,

joke: how do you know when a politician is lying???

answer... when they open their gob lol

birmingham

Camera On, the guy who is pleading for change yet keeps the same boring Tories the likes of Hague / Fox / Clarke / May ;-O they've all been associated with the shadow front bench since they lost power back 97 different captain, same old crew.

"I wonder of the OP's getting mixed up with Julian Lewis shadow minister for Defence, who publicly stated this week “the age of consent for homosexuals should not have been lowered to 16 because it put teenage boys at "serious physical risk" and in danger of catching HIV”

Nothing new from the Tories, anyone willing to scratch the surface will soon find out the Tories opposition to homosexuality equality "

I've maintained for a long time that the age of consent for sex (male & female) should be raised to 18.

('Sex' to mean penetrative, oral or masturbation.)

This would create a comfort zone for minors under 16 as paedophiles and perverts would not be able to use the defence of "she/he said they were over 16 so I didn't think to question it."

Clearly, if the age of consentual sex was raised to 18 then this defence becomes nonsensical and children would be better protected with such a comfort zone in place. A child of 14 does not look 18 in the eyes of any rational person. I know it won't stop the most determined of paedos and pervs but it will stop a lot of them, and if that saves even one child from their clutches then it's a worthwhile change in the law.

ignore the rumour ,, just some one with too much time on their hands ,,,

birmingham

"I wonder of the OP's getting mixed up with Julian Lewis shadow minister for Defence, who publicly stated this week “the age of consent for homosexuals should not have been lowered to 16 because it put teenage boys at "serious physical risk" and in danger of catching HIV”

Nothing new from the Tories, anyone willing to scratch the surface will soon find out the Tories opposition to homosexuality equality

I've maintained for a long time that the age of consent for sex (male & female) should be raised to 18.

('Sex' to mean penetrative, oral or masturbation.)

This would create a comfort zone for minors under 16 as paedophiles and perverts would not be able to use the defence of "she/he said they were over 16 so I didn't think to question it."

Clearly, if the age of consentual sex was raised to 18 then this defence becomes nonsensical and children would be better protected with such a comfort zone in place. A child of 14 does not look 18 in the eyes of any rational person. I know it won't stop the most determined of paedos and pervs but it will stop a lot of them, and if that saves even one child from their clutches then it's a worthwhile change in the law."

I'm surprised at you wishy, being in favour of wanting to raise the age of consent, considering how much you're against a nanny state., whether the age is 16 or 18 is not the issue, it comes down to education and responsibility.

Paedophilia is a separate issue altogether and not really associated with the age of consent.

[Removed by poster at 24/04/10 19:07:15]

I don't see it as the nanny state interfering, it's about protecting kids as much as possible from the pervs who target them. I think it would go some way to counteracting teenage pregnancy also.

Torquay

"sorry bout the rant, i did politics(social policy and crim) at uni politics bores me its like a sport to me, and who ever lies best wins,

joke: how do you know when a politician is lying???

answer... when they open their gob lol"

If politics bores you so much why study it at Uni?

Another wasted University education?

"I don't see it as the nanny state interfering, it's about protecting kids as much as possible from the pervs who target them. I think it would go some way to counteracting teenage pregnancy also."

but if its made law its nanny state same as smokin ban etc!

personally i dont think it would do any good except for in the tory parties eyes, as it would mean that people couldnt claim welfare till they were 21! but still think its just been a scare tactic! xx

Torquay

"I don't see it as the nanny state interfering, it's about protecting kids as much as possible from the pervs who target them. I think it would go some way to counteracting teenage pregnancy also."

If you believe that by imposing some draconian law that raised the age of consent to 18, would stop teenagers having sex and have any effect on teenage pregnancy numbers....then you are way, way out of touch with modern teenagers and the way they live and think.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Does the current age of consent stop 15, 14, 13, 12 year olds having sex?

What DC has said (I saw him say so on telly) he wants to make it more difficult to get an abortion and reduce the timescale in which you can have one.

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

So lets get this right.

We'll be able to marry at 16 (with parents consent) or 18 without. But you won't be able to have sex until you are 21.

Don't take a genius to work out that this is just another 'jump on the bandwagon' tory vote catching idea's!!!!!

"Does the current age of consent stop 15, 14, 13, 12 year olds having sex?

What DC has said (I saw him say so on telly) he wants to make it more difficult to get an abortion and reduce the timescale in which you can have one."

pleasing the catholic vote then!!

so much for freedom of choice for women

HAVING SEX AT 12 13 14 15 USUALLY ENDS UP IN UNWANTED PREGNACY SO it really is best if youngsters learn to abstain until they can cope

No ones teaching 12 yr olds to drive so I think waiting for sex until 21 is not unreasonable

Torquay

They are already courting the Christian vote by trying to reinstate the Married Persons Tax allowance...at the expence of Child Tax credits.

And they have the cheek to go on and on about the New Labour nanny state....and at the same time trying to tell people they need to be married to be accepted.

Torquay

"HAVING SEX AT 12 13 14 15 USUALLY ENDS UP IN UNWANTED PREGNACY SO it really is best if youngsters learn to abstain until they can cope

No ones teaching 12 yr olds to drive so I think waiting for sex until 21 is not unreasonable

"

So are you suggesting that we change the legal age of marriage to 21 then?

Old enough to die in a poppy field in Afghanistan but not old enough to have sex?

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"HAVING SEX AT 12 13 14 15 USUALLY ENDS UP IN UNWANTED PREGNACY SO it really is best if youngsters learn to abstain until they can cope

"

If they can't wait until they are 16 now, how is changing the age of consent going to help when they already ignore it?

Do you really think 18 year olds are too young to make informed choices about sex?

I am all in favour of maried tax allowance and taking away tax credits

Wht should I a tax payer pay for someone who repeatedly makes bad choices for partners that abandon here with numerous kids

some people have to take responsibility and make different choices

Torquay

"I am all in favour of maried tax allowance and taking away tax credits

Wht should I a tax payer pay for someone who repeatedly makes bad choices for partners that abandon here with numerous kids

some people have to take responsibility and make different choices"

There is no evidence that being married makes a couple better parents, Child Tax credits are there for assistance in taking children out of poverty. The Tories are once again sucking up to the church......same old Tory habits.

birmingham

"and at the same time trying to tell people they need to be married to be accepted."

Whilst at the same time the Tories views on Gay equality issues are nothing short of a disgrace I mentioned it earlier in this thread, maybe it's a subject wishy doesn't want to recognise.

maybe some parents should not have kids if they cannot afford the luxury

Its not like there isn't enough free contraception out there

Many well off people limit their family sizes because of limited funds

Torquay

Marriage is a choice and not a compulsion, I know several couples who have been together for years, have had lovely children and continue to live happy contented family lives without the need of the Tories and the Church telling them how to lead their lives.

My god, lets dispense with keeping things in context and actually stating truths, lets go with blatantly made up rumours!

No party has stated they want to increase the age of consent. And none of them would want to. Full stop.

But hey, lets not stop a (glaringly obvious) bit of bullshit stop us from venting our spleens!

By *icekatCouple  over a year ago

north east

"So you can get married at 17, but can't have sex till 21

Is this another Gordon Brown rumour to get the young vote

What a load of xxxxxxxxxxxx"

Dont bring Gordon Brown into it lol

"and at the same time trying to tell people they need to be married to be accepted.

Whilst at the same time the Tories views on Gay equality issues are nothing short of a disgrace I mentioned it earlier in this thread, maybe it's a subject wishy doesn't want to recognise."

Why do mention me specifically in your post? I've made no posts about the inequality of homosexual sex.

For the record, I think the age of consent should be the same for hetero and homosexual sex, but I do think the age of heterosexual sex should have been raised, not the age of homosexual sex lowered.

"I don't see it as the nanny state interfering, it's about protecting kids as much as possible from the pervs who target them. I think it would go some way to counteracting teenage pregnancy also.

If you believe that by imposing some draconian law that raised the age of consent to 18, would stop teenagers having sex and have any effect on teenage pregnancy numbers....then you are way, way out of touch with modern teenagers and the way they live and think.

"

Ah right, so they are so much different today than when we were teens huh?

I remember discovering girls at the age of 14 and when that particular hormone kicked in it was pretty hard to turn it off. All I could think about was sex. The difference between then and now though is that nobody, and I mean not a single soul, parents, teachers, society, government, told me a single damn thing about unwanted pregnancies, coping with parenthood, STIs (I'd never heard of them at 14). The teens today have all that support network and information yet still teenage pregnancy is rife - the same as 30 years ago.

So no, you won't stop kids having sex, but we can stop pervs using age limits as a defence in court.

This has got to be a rumour if not a joke.

You can get married at 16, vote and go to war at 18 but you cannot have sex?

How ridiculous is that?

Age of consent depends on a person's maturity which is there in its primal form for some 15 year olds and not there for some 49 year olds

"maybe some parents should not have kids if they cannot afford the luxury

Its not like there isn't enough free contraception out there

Many well off people limit their family sizes because of limited funds "

nope totally disagree with you there! i worked since my child was 1 wk old and i relied on tax credits to make up my pissy minimum wage job!

at that time i didnt have csa, so it was just my wage comin in and i needed the tax credit to top up my wage and even yet im still below the child poverty line which is 13,000.

people earning up to 50k includin married couples can claim tax credits!

your basically sayin everyone is just runnin about spittin children out left right and centre to get tha hallowed tax credits??

if i stayed in the nuclear family favoured by the tories and church i would have been dead and so would my child possibly but i decided for me and hers sake to do it alone!

oh and my mother raised me herself and also worked a 48 hr wk and no tax credits then!!

sometimes its good to walk a mile in someone elses shoes before you criticise!! xx

"!

sometimes its good to walk a mile in someone elses shoes before you criticise!! xx "

That is so true - also no two situations in life are ever identical, no matter how similar they may look to the outsider.

"There was a rumour going around if the Tories get into power that they are going to make content of sexual intercourse to the age of 21, so if that is true what is going to happen to the member’s on fabswingers who are 18 and have partners well older than them etc. "

Its a rumour like many others that come out at election time. Smoke and mirrors by labour voters most likely.

Its a rumour like many others that come out at election time. Smoke and mirrors by conservative voters most likely.

lol

Rumours isnt that a niteclub sumwhere?? lol

They should raise the age of entering a chip shop to 21 would be a big help to a lot of fat spotty hoodies and their Families...

By *ausage and sizzleCouple  over a year ago

Barnstaple

I think the minimum age to be on sites like this should be 21, cuz how do you know if someone saying they are 18 actually are 18? So many teenagers look over 18 when they are not.

It's the same as kids buying alcohol in Tesco's and maybe admin should ask for proof of age if there is any question. This would be as much for the protection of young vunerable people, as it would be for the protection of other swingers.

Torquay

So how would you know if they are 21 if you don't know if they are 18?

Barnstaple

"So how would you know if they are 21 if you don't know if they are 18?

"

As I said, if there is a question mark over your age then maybe admin should ask for proof of age, when being verified. It's for the protection of young people as well as swingers.

Torquay

As I said, if there is a question mark over your age then maybe admin should ask for proof of age, when being verified. It's for the protection of young people as well as swingers."

So how would you have Admin implement this?, only a copy of a birth certificate would prove this.

There was an age verification scheme on some American websites a few years ago, it didn't last long as it was soon bypassed by anyone with half a brain.

Other sites, when verifying over 18's, do so using credit cards. It's not fool proof obviously but then no system is. Worth a thought Admin?

Torquay

Is it that big a problem on here?

Anyone would think the site is over run with kids, I think we are looking to fix a problem that doesn't actually exist.

Barnstaple

As I said, if there is a question mark over your age then maybe admin should ask for proof of age, when being verified. It's for the protection of young people as well as swingers.

So how would you have Admin implement this?, only a copy of a birth certificate would prove this.

There was an age verification scheme on some American websites a few years ago, it didn't last long as it was soon bypassed by anyone with half a brain."

In a word YES! ...for the above reasons. Although passport, or driving license would be better or some other form of photo ID. And if they don't have the ID they shouldn't be allowed to join.

Having said all that, if you can prove your over 18, then 21 isn't an issue.

But I still think there is at least a moral obligation to ensure someone is above the age of consent.

Barnstaple

"Is it that big a problem on here?

Anyone would think the site is over run with kids, I think we are looking to fix a problem that doesn't actually exist.

"

Well, we had a girl mail us on here whose age looked questionable and we all know there are some (thankfully very few) undesirable people in this scene, who might take advantage of her.

Instead of increasing the age of consent why dont they have better sex ed in schools and reform welfare how many kids get pregnant just for a council house.

"Instead of increasing the age of consent why dont they have better sex ed in schools and reform welfare how many kids get pregnant just for a council house."

I think the parents need educating first!!! Why is the onus always placed on the schools?!!

Parents can't teach their daughters to keep their legs closed and their knickers on but schools should?!!

if we cant educate our children on sex why the hell should teachers????

sometimes you just got to take the responsibilty!

and where are all these council mansions that everyone keeps goin on about because they sure aint round my area!!

assumptions and stereotypin is a wonderful thing if your not gonna tell your children about sex and the risks etc then thats your worry when they swan in at 15 and announce they up the duff the morals come from the parents its called socialisation process xx

Very true but how many children leave school at 16 get pregnant go on welfare and housing benefits. Not stereotyping but look at the statistics.

We got the highest rates of teenage pregnancies in europe.

"We got the highest rates of teenage pregnancies in europe."

But you have to ask yourself why?!!

These girls are privy to the same information as the rest of Europe!

"Very true but how many children leave school at 16 get pregnant go on welfare and housing benefits. Not stereotyping but look at the statistics."

dont know what statistics your using but they are different from mine?

europe is mainly catholic countries and have more moral education etc than what britain does and less social support and in some places less sex education in school than what we have so that may explain some of the differences in statistics and remember a lot of statistics can be manipulated. xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

[Removed by poster at 12/05/10 17:13:42]

» Add a new message to this topic