FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Braking without brakes!

Braking without brakes!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had to have my wits about me the other night, approaching a junction a car pulled out in front of me, pulling hard on both brakes the sound of a snap and crunch was soon heard (cable had snapped) not slowing down I had to wedge my foot into where the wheel meets the top of the forks at the front to stop myself hitting the car, almost going over the handle bars I managed to stop in time, the driver waves at me and pulls away, I have a sore toe

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Mally is your life well insured hun?

Hope the toe soon better

xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

how was thedriver?was he injured in the wave?

"Mally is your life well insured hun?

Hope the toe soon better

xx"

yes if I die, the mortgage is payed off and the wife gets 100K, no wonder she encourages me to cycle everywhere

"how was thedriver?was he injured in the wave?"

he? not this time

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Hope the toe soon better

xx

yes if I die, the mortgage is payed off and the wife gets 100K, no wonder she encourages me to cycle everywhere "

err check ya brake cable for cuts

Hope the toe soon better

xx

yes if I die, the mortgage is payed off and the wife gets 100K, no wonder she encourages me to cycle everywhere

err check ya brake cable for cuts"

hmmm good idea lol

You dont have much luck on your bike

I'm on it everyday and the route I take is quite a hazardous one, what does make me laugh sometimes is the look on drivers faces when I stop at red lights, rare as rocking horse shit apparently

I am more out in the country but woudnt ride here as cars dont care.

You only have one breaks on you bike?

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"You only have one breaks on you bike?"

It wouldn't have been a funny story if there were 2 brakes on the bike

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

"You only have one breaks on you bike?"

Approx. 70% of the braking force is provided by the front brake (which is why motorcycles have bigger, double rotors on the front wheel) if the front cable snaps you simply won't stop in time!

Mally, this is why both my mtb & my road bike have disc brakes! Admittedly the commuter/shopping bike has caliper brakes though..

Last week i managed a round trip to Burnley FC & back, 44 miles, 2:38:46 at an average 16.4mph with 2564ft of climbing thrown in - not bad for a flat-barred road bike

nice of her to wave tho......i feel it was her way of thanking you for not smudging the lipstick she was applying!!

"Had to have my wits about me the other night, approaching a junction a car pulled out in front of me, pulling hard on both brakes the sound of a snap and crunch was soon heard (cable had snapped) not slowing down I had to wedge my foot into where the wheel meets the top of the forks at the front to stop myself hitting the car, almost going over the handle bars I managed to stop in time, the driver waves at me and pulls away, I have a sore toe "

Remember that thread last week Mally? The one where you said you always laugh when someone hurts themselves?

You must have laughed like hell. Hope it cheered you up for a long time xx Gran xx

"Had to have my wits about me the other night, approaching a junction a car pulled out in front of me, pulling hard on both brakes the sound of a snap and crunch was soon heard (cable had snapped) not slowing down I had to wedge my foot into where the wheel meets the top of the forks at the front to stop myself hitting the car, almost going over the handle bars I managed to stop in time, the driver waves at me and pulls away, I have a sore toe

Remember that thread last week Mally? The one where you said you always laugh when someone hurts themselves?

You must have laughed like hell. Hope it cheered you up for a long time xx Gran xx "

yes i did chuckle to myself afterwards

» Add a new message to this topic