FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Very Technical Question

Very Technical Question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have 5 PDF files, 3 have gone through the RIP with no problem but the last two keep getting flushed, the artwork on all 5 is pretty much the same, just different size, now the only way I can get these to run is to export as EPS files then take the files into Photoshop to give me a pixel based file, Illustrator won't even open the PDF files, now its just taken nearly an hour to do just one because of the amount of graphics in the PDF, does anyone know of an alternative method to generate a PS file that the RIP will use, I did say it was VERY technical.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

No, but I know a man who would know, but sadly he is at work.....sorry, no help at all really.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No, but I know a man who would know, but sadly he is at work.....sorry, no help at all really."

Thanks for the input

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

lol yw........I just didn't want mally all alone in his thread

i got lost after the bit about 5 PDF files....sorry

"i got lost after the bit about 5 PDF files....sorry "

lol,same here

"lol yw........I just didn't want mally all alone in his thread"

Ahh bless Motherly instincts eh

I didn't understand any of it

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

i came across this problem before, i think i have it wrote done what i done if you can wait a few hours il try and hunt it out as im heading out soon!!

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

oh just remembered there a PDF online support website for all technical problems free 30 day trils etc if that might help you

"oh just remembered there a PDF online support website for all technical problems free 30 day trils etc if that might help you "

tried that, no help at all, I think its one of the graphic files placed as its riddled with corporate logos which are vector base but theres a lot of pixel based files in there too, chances are its the bloody transparency filters again

By *oobCouple  over a year ago

Netherlands

Print screen ?

"Print screen ?"

Screen Print

By *ausage and sizzleCouple  over a year ago

Barnstaple

"I have 5 PDF files, 3 have gone through the RIP with no problem but the last two keep getting flushed, the artwork on all 5 is pretty much the same, just different size, now the only way I can get these to run is to export as EPS files then take the files into Photoshop to give me a pixel based file, Illustrator won't even open the PDF files, now its just taken nearly an hour to do just one because of the amount of graphics in the PDF, does anyone know of an alternative method to generate a PS file that the RIP will use, I did say it was VERY technical."

I have had this before and found that the page setup - Paper size needed adjusting to RIP for your printer. Hope that helps? If not try, importing the file into InDesign and make a new PDF, or RIP from the InDesign file - either should RIP quicker.

"I have had this before and found that the page setup - Paper size needed adjusting to RIP for your printer. Hope that helps? If not try, importing the file into InDesign and make a new PDF, or RIP from the InDesign file - either should RIP quicker. "

Thanks, imported into InDesign before and it just went chips strange why the problem is on these two, apart from the size difference the content is the same on all 5, maybe its because it Wednesday. The paper size doesn't come into it as I'm printing to a 8 foot by 4.4 foot flatbed printer, I think the problem is that the RIP software is quite dated now and the PDFs customers are sending me are done in obviously more up to date software which is what makes me question the transparency, although it worked on 3 so that kinda cancels it out, little insight to a typical day for me (when i'm not popping into here for a nose)

Barnstaple

"I have had this before and found that the page setup - Paper size needed adjusting to RIP for your printer. Hope that helps? If not try, importing the file into InDesign and make a new PDF, or RIP from the InDesign file - either should RIP quicker.

Thanks, imported into InDesign before and it just went chips strange why the problem is on these two, apart from the size difference the content is the same on all 5, maybe its because it Wednesday. The paper size doesn't come into it as I'm printing to a 8 foot by 4.4 foot flatbed printer, I think the problem is that the RIP software is quite dated now and the PDFs customers are sending me are done in obviously more up to date software which is what makes me question the transparency, although it worked on 3 so that kinda cancels it out, little insight to a typical day for me (when i'm not popping into here for a nose)"

If it was your RIP, then surely it would still work when you imported it into your version of InDesign? Got me stumped sorry. Your welcome to send the PDF to my hotmail a/c and I'll try making a PDF in InDesign for you. If that helps, email me and I'll send my hotail address sepparately.

the RIP is for the printer on a separate PC, everything I do on the Mac side works fine, its just when I try to process the PS file it requires for printing, thats when it all goes horribly wrong

Barnstaple

"the RIP is for the printer on a separate PC, everything I do on the Mac side works fine, its just when I try to process the PS file it requires for printing, thats when it all goes horribly wrong "

Sorry, sounds like I can only do as much as you can yourself, wish you luck.

"the RIP is for the printer on a separate PC, everything I do on the Mac side works fine, its just when I try to process the PS file it requires for printing, thats when it all goes horribly wrong

Sorry, sounds like I can only do as much as you can yourself, wish you luck. "

thanks, I've already sorted it the same way I did the other but its good to know theres some one with a fresh angle, I've been a prepress fixer since 91 but I still manage to come across these strange anomalies

Barnstaple

"the RIP is for the printer on a separate PC, everything I do on the Mac side works fine, its just when I try to process the PS file it requires for printing, thats when it all goes horribly wrong

Sorry, sounds like I can only do as much as you can yourself, wish you luck.

thanks, I've already sorted it the same way I did the other but its good to know theres some one with a fresh angle, I've been a prepress fixer since 91 but I still manage to come across these strange anomalies "

No worries, anytime.

now i read this...carefully...twice in fact.....and both times all i could glean from this was....blah blah blah!!!!

a new dicovery.....you're a proper geek!!!

c x

"now i read this...carefully...twice in fact.....and both times all i could glean from this was....blah blah blah!!!!

a new dicovery.....you're a proper geek!!!

c x"

haha I know, I have the glasses to go with it too, but i only wear them when sat in front of my comp

"I have 5 PDF files, 3 have gone through the RIP with no problem but the last two keep getting flushed, the artwork on all 5 is pretty much the same, just different size, now the only way I can get these to run is to export as EPS files then take the files into Photoshop to give me a pixel based file, Illustrator won't even open the PDF files, now its just taken nearly an hour to do just one because of the amount of graphics in the PDF, does anyone know of an alternative method to generate a PS file that the RIP will use, I did say it was VERY technical."

i take it u are distilling in adobe ???

"I have 5 PDF files, 3 have gone through the RIP with no problem but the last two keep getting flushed, the artwork on all 5 is pretty much the same, just different size, now the only way I can get these to run is to export as EPS files then take the files into Photoshop to give me a pixel based file, Illustrator won't even open the PDF files, now its just taken nearly an hour to do just one because of the amount of graphics in the PDF, does anyone know of an alternative method to generate a PS file that the RIP will use, I did say it was VERY technical.

i take it u are distilling in adobe ???"

oops sorry ididnt see all the other far more technical posts .....i do large format printing but im self taught !!!

By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

WTF did you say??????? all sounds gobbledeegook to me

"i take it u are distilling in adobe ???

oops sorry ididnt see all the other far more technical posts .....i do large format printing but im self taught !!!"

I also do large format printing and have been self taught myself, I did attend a seminar with Scott Kelby of Photoshop User.

Have another headache today but will sort this myself, why can't graphic designers take a course in print as well just to help us guys out, specially when they say "well it looks ok on screen"

oops sorry ididnt see all the other far more technical posts .....i do large format printing but im self taught !!!

I also do large format printing and have been self taught myself, I did attend a seminar with Scott Kelby of Photoshop User.

Have another headache today but will sort this myself, why can't graphic designers take a course in print as well just to help us guys out, specially when they say "well it looks ok on screen" "

not the old cmyk /rgb dilemma ????

Have another headache today but will sort this myself, why can't graphic designers take a course in print as well just to help us guys out, specially when they say "well it looks ok on screen"

not the old cmyk /rgb dilemma ????"

hahaha nice one, yeah I love those ones when they send posters to us and say its single colour, you open the file and its in RGB

» Add a new message to this topic