FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The new F1 cars, a nose only a mother could love?

The new F1 cars, a nose only a mother could love?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ok_n_rolla OP   Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Has anyone seen the new f1 cars? Some of them like the merc and red bill look good but the rest are hideous, this is worse than the duck nose from two years ago

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Caterhams nose looks like plastic surgery gone wrong.

Wolverhampton

Oddly enough I actually quite like it

By *NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

St Albans

Remember the old chad cartoons you used to see? The new McLaren looks just like that - keep looking for the caption "wot no pace again" on it lol

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

I quite like the merc, the Ferrari is similar but somehow a lot uglier. Out of the "gentlemans appendage" type I think the mclaren is the best looking, the caterham is just plain odd! I think the lotus might look alright but I'm yet to see it from a decent angle.

The noses have been ugly blighters for a couple of seasons now, but yes, they do seem to be getting worse. Can't wait for the new season!

Wolverhampton

new season is going to be so so so amazing, cant wait to see how the cars drive and whos good. theyll scrap most of these noses in a few races time anyway

Thankfully F1 isn't a beauty contest. They may be ugly but rest assured it's all about the aerodynamics.

Here and there

"Thankfully F1 isn't a beauty contest. They may be ugly but rest assured it's all about the aerodynamics."

I still think the cars should be pretty though. The last rule shake up in 2009 that got rid of all the ridiculous little wings and turning vanes sprouting off every inch of bodywork helped and now that exhaust blown diffusers are out the rears are looking a lot tighter and sleeker. It is a shame about the ugly noses but I'm sure we'll get used to it and as someone has already said by the time we get to race 3 or 4 they'll all be different anyway.

"Thankfully F1 isn't a beauty contest. They may be ugly but rest assured it's all about the aerodynamics.

I still think the cars should be pretty though. The last rule shake up in 2009 that got rid of all the ridiculous little wings and turning vanes sprouting off every inch of bodywork helped and now that exhaust blown diffusers are out the rears are looking a lot tighter and sleeker. It is a shame about the ugly noses but I'm sure we'll get used to it and as someone has already said by the time we get to race 3 or 4 they'll all be different anyway. "

Trouble is that being pretty doesn't equate to effective aerodynamics. The Lamborghini Miura is one of the prettiest cars ever produced but because of the styling the nose starts to lift at 80mph. The 'styling' of F1 cars is directly linked to things like weightb distribution, driver dimensions and various other boring things.Looks are secondary to everything else. My biggest hope this season is that Ze German doesn't make it another prosession season.

Here and there

"Thankfully F1 isn't a beauty contest. They may be ugly but rest assured it's all about the aerodynamics.

I still think the cars should be pretty though. The last rule shake up in 2009 that got rid of all the ridiculous little wings and turning vanes sprouting off every inch of bodywork helped and now that exhaust blown diffusers are out the rears are looking a lot tighter and sleeker. It is a shame about the ugly noses but I'm sure we'll get used to it and as someone has already said by the time we get to race 3 or 4 they'll all be different anyway.

Trouble is that being pretty doesn't equate to effective aerodynamics. The Lamborghini Miura is one of the prettiest cars ever produced but because of the styling the nose starts to lift at 80mph. The 'styling' of F1 cars is directly linked to things like weightb distribution, driver dimensions and various other boring things.Looks are secondary to everything else. My biggest hope this season is that Ze German doesn't make it another prosession season."

I know what you're saying but the aerodynamics can still be attractive, the front wings for example are a thing of beauty and details around the monkey seat on the force India look impressive too. The beauty is in the function and for that reason I think by the end of the season we'll actually think the cars are quite pretty.

Wolverhampton

THAT TURBO SPOOL UP SOUND . Holy.....

By *rben112Man  over a year ago

worcester

They sound like ducks farting in long grass

I think they sound great on overrun. A bit like a jet engine spoiling up.

By *ctaviusStuntMan  over a year ago

plymouth

They look ok to me.

funny some drivers and teams are complaining about the new format as ive seen some of the best and most exciting wheel to wheel racing for ages.

Nice to see force india doing so well to.

» Add a new message to this topic