has died xx

Another one gone that so played a part in who we are today xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

He was certainly a character........always gave me the creeps though

Maybe Johnny Rotten was right. He was a parasite that lived of other people's talent!

Forum Mod

My husband has just said I wonder how long it will be before John Lydon calls him a c**t in the papers

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

He was certainly a visionary...but punk would have still happened without him or the sex pistols though..

god bless him and may he rest in peace.

from the worlds end shop on the kings rd.. he, the sex pistols and the most talented and long lasting Vivienne Westwood.. helped change a generation or 2

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"god bless him and may he rest in peace.

from the worlds end shop on the kings rd.. he, the sex pistols and the most talented and long lasting Vivienne Westwood.. helped change a generation or 2"

or rip them off?

"

or rip them off?"

but he has just died, so if people can at least wait respectfully till at least rigamortis has set in , then label him as a potential crook, exploiter etc etc as is their entitlement.

Forum Mod

I though him and Vivienne together were a force to be reckoned with,they were IT!!! I would have loved to be a teenager at the height of their fame

moston

"

or rip them off?

but he has just died, so if people can at least wait respectfully till at least rigamortis has set in , then label him as a potential crook, exploiter etc etc as is their entitlement.

"

He even made a record out of his "Great Rock and Roll Swindle"

Remember the song "EMI"

Or does dying suddenly negate all life’s actions?

In which case lets all celebrate Hitler’s life

Forum Mod

TUT!!!! how can anyone compare him to Hitler

Get a grip

moston

well it was punk!

By *muma OP   Woman  over a year ago

Livingston

I'll be totally honest here, the guy done nothing for me or changed/shaped my life in any way. Just wanted to post it before Stu did.

Sorry (no offence meant) xxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well i was in my mid teens when punk came into my little word. Loved the sex pistols cause they stood for all i believed in when i was that age witch was fuck alll. My two personal favouties where sham 69 ( I idolized them as there words mades sence well to me) and stiff little fingers and of cause the boomtown rats, i then moved on to from punk to the alarm

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Well i was in my mid teens when punk came into my little word. Loved the sex pistols cause they stood for all i believed in when i was that age witch was fuck alll. My two personal favouties where sham 69 ( I idolized them as there words mades sence well to me) and stiff little fingers and of cause the boomtown rats, i then moved on to from punk to the alarm"

Hey don't forget the buzzcocks, Generation X & the clash.

"Well i was in my mid teens when punk came into my little word. Loved the sex pistols cause they stood for all i believed in when i was that age witch was fuck alll. My two personal favouties where sham 69 ( I idolized them as there words mades sence well to me) and stiff little fingers and of cause the boomtown rats, i then moved on to from punk to the alarm

Hey don't forget the buzzcocks, Generation X & the clash."

Im just listening to slf on youtube, my fav song of theres was only ever a b side tin soldiers, the clash i loved but not over keen on generation x. Sham 69 where the ones for my i had an obsession with jimmy pursey for about 4 years

"Well i was in my mid teens when punk came into my little word. Loved the sex pistols cause they stood for all i believed in when i was that age witch was fuck alll. My two personal favouties where sham 69 ( I idolized them as there words mades sence well to me) and stiff little fingers and of cause the boomtown rats, i then moved on to from punk to the alarm

Im just listening to slf on youtube, my fav song of theres was only ever a b side tin soldiers, the clash i loved but not over keen on generation x. Sham 69 where the ones for my i had an obsession with jimmy pursey for about 4 years "

Sham 69 were the biz and so was the buzzcocks for me. Liked the early rats stuff but they went too popy for me. Mary of the 4th form was a classic!

Im just listening to slf on youtube, my fav song of theres was only ever a b side tin soldiers, the clash i loved but not over keen on generation x. Sham 69 where the ones for my i had an obsession with jimmy pursey for about 4 years

Sham 69 were the biz and so was the buzzcocks for me. Liked the early rats stuff but they went too popy for me. Mary of the 4th form was a classic! "

Bet you cant guess what my favourite rats song was lol

Sham 69 were the biz and so was the buzzcocks for me. Liked the early rats stuff but they went too popy for me. Mary of the 4th form was a classic!

Bet you cant guess what my favourite rats song was lol"

Oooo "she's so modern" ??

Bet you cant guess what my favourite rats song was lol

Oooo "she's so modern" ??"

lmao how about trying diamondsmiles

By *muma OP   Woman  over a year ago

Livingston

come on Stue - waiting for you to see how late you are with this one

"come on Stue - waiting for you to see how late you are with this one "

Hes probley out shooting someone really famous just so he can get the scoop on it

Slept in this morning....grrrrrrr....will soon be out of a career with you lot...pmsl

Heard it on the late news last night. Think he'd been poorly for a while.

I think the population will be divided on this one..a bit like marmite...you either loved him or you didn't. The man had no talent to speak of, but he was a visionary and saw where he could take music and bands like the beatles.

Brian Epstein had no talent either but because he bought us the beatles he's been forgiven for that.

Either way, the loss of Malcolm McLaren means another one of life's characters lost forever. R.I.P

"Slept in this morning....grrrrrrr....will soon be out of a career with you lot...pmsl

Heard it on the late news last night. Think he'd been poorly for a while.

I think the population will be divided on this one..a bit like marmite...you either loved him or you didn't. The man had no talent to speak of, but he was a visionary and saw where he could take music and bands like the beatles.

Brian Epstein had no talent either but because he bought us the beatles he's been forgiven for that.

Either way, the loss of Malcolm McLaren means another one of life's characters lost forever. R.I.P"

Not lost Stu, just passed into legend. Another will replace him, tis the nature of things and the cycle of life.

"has died xx

Another one gone that so played a part in who we are today xx"

I can honestly say he did nothing for me.

I am fascinated however by how "ordinary" human beings become legends in the minds of some simply by dying!

"My husband has just said I wonder how long it will be before John Lydon calls him a c**t in the papers"

Lydon, who fell out with McLaren in a rift over royalties, issued a tribute signed Johnny Rotten, the name he used while in the Sex Pistols.

Lydon, who is in the US where he is due to start a tour with his band PiL, said: "For me Malc was always entertaining, and I hope you remember that. Above all else he was an entertainer and I will miss him, and so should you." (From the Press Association)

Forum Mod

"My husband has just said I wonder how long it will be before John Lydon calls him a c**t in the papers

Lydon, who fell out with McLaren in a rift over royalties, issued a tribute signed Johnny Rotten, the name he used while in the Sex Pistols.

Lydon, who is in the US where he is due to start a tour with his band PiL, said: "For me Malc was always entertaining, and I hope you remember that. Above all else he was an entertainer and I will miss him, and so should you." (From the Press Association)"

Ill tell him that Stu......I think his response will be "you pussy John......piss off and make another butter advert!"

"My husband has just said I wonder how long it will be before John Lydon calls him a c**t in the papers

Lydon, who is in the US where he is due to start a tour with his band PiL, said: "For me Malc was always entertaining, and I hope you remember that. Above all else he was an entertainer and I will miss him, and so should you." (From the Press Association)

Ill tell him that Stu......I think his response will be "you pussy John......piss off and make another butter advert!" "

PMSL

just had this joke sent to me

I couldn't let the death of Godfather of Punk Malcolm McLaren pass without paying tribute to him.

So I spat in my wife's face and threw a pint glass full of piss at her.

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

"He was certainly a character........always gave me the creeps though "

I have to agree

sometimes he sounded like he ought to be sectioned

"Maybe Johnny Rotten was right. He was a parasite that lived of other people's talent!"
..he said today he..."will remember him fondly and so should we" I actually met him a cpl of times around 80/81, yes he could be an arse but the whole westwood/punk/pistols thing left an indelible mark on my teenage years that is still there today,,rip malcolm

» Add a new message to this topic