FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pupils interviewing teachers

Pupils interviewing teachers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ezebel OP   Woman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

If I understand it correctly, one of the teaching trades unions has been complaining this week about the practice of pupils being included on the interview panel for the appointment of new teachers.

Should pupils be allowed a say about who is going to be their teacher?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

no

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

if they are a sensible pupil then yes!!

in the job in just now my interview panel was made up with team manager and 3 service users as i was goin to be working with them they had the right to be involved.

obviously with pupils you would need to rule out derek the deliquent but maybe some of the more senior year pupils should have some say in the recruitment process in my opinion x

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

no

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"If I understand it correctly, one of the teaching trades unions has been complaining this week about the practice of pupils being included on the interview panel for the appointment of new teachers.

Should pupils be allowed a say about who is going to be their teacher?"

I know, lets also have prisoners choose prison guards and criminals interview and select prospective police officers

How ridicules, who thought this bit of madness up?

No, No, No.

The little shitbags have enough to say about too many things as it is, let alone saying who can and cannot teach them

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Now panel, let’s review the applicants for today. What did we think of Ms Greenway, she seems to have excellent qualifications?

“Ain’t havin her, did you see her shoes man. They were major wack, like wack the wacko of wackville and she looked like a lezza”

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Can we av the bird with the big knockers, she was well fit?!

By *ezebel OP   Woman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Now panel, let’s review the applicants for today. What did we think of Ms Greenway, she seems to have excellent qualifications?

“Ain’t havin her, did you see her shoes man. They were major wack, like wack the wacko of wackville and she looked like a lezza”

"

According to the union spokesperson on the news, one candidate wasnt given the job because the pupil said he looked like Humpty Dumpty

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Now panel, let’s review the applicants for today. What did we think of Ms Greenway, she seems to have excellent qualifications?

According to the union spokesperson on the news, one candidate wasnt given the job because the pupil said he looked like Humpty Dumpty "

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but, I didn't even say that, she was givin me evils and Candice called her eggy head first when she was texting Jarome to ask him for a snog at break. Anyway don't listen to her coz everyone knows her fanny goes sideways.

sorry but the humpty dumpty bit did make me laugh!!!

maybe they could be involved in the first selection part before its put over to the adults to make the major decision!

were none of you ever young and had the torture of gettin taught by someone who really should have been in a prison workin and not with kids?

iv fond memories of a few of my teachers who im convinced were of pure nazi bloodline and were utter crap at teaching but there were also a few who made a major difference to pupils xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

We had some right twats for teachers but i know damn well that when i was 15 my selection would have been based purely on if they where shaggable

why don't we give the little fookers the choice of whether to go to school or hang around on the streets?

They should be told what to do, when to do it, and how to do it.

Are we seriously equating pupils with convicted prisoners? If so, why do we expect them to behave any different?

Of course all this is ultimately dependent on the age of the pupils about whom we're talking, but giving select pupils at least the illusion of influence from an early stage, perhaps maturing into some real influence over time, isn't a tautologically bad idea. If it is to be dismissed, I think it deserves littemore justification than a "no".

Interviewing and discussing candidates teaches them communication skills, critical thinking, taking responsibility for one's actions and is a skill that many of the pupils will likely need at one point or another later in life. If they're taught to do simply what, when and how they're told to do, how do we ever expect them to cope with life after school, let alone not rebel against education?

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

I believe the children involved were the worst behaved in the school and sitting on the panel was a reward. I think we need to give children and young people more credit. I believe some would be more than capable of making an informed decision.

Its not the schools that have decided to do this - it is viewed as "good-practice" by Ofsted Inspectors, therefore, Schools are praised in Ofsted reports if pupils are part of the selection process.

I think it is a good idea for new teachers coming into the School but not for internal promotion. Internal promotion should be based on the teachers performance.

With regards to the teacher who was referred to as Humpty Dumpty - shame on that Headteacher for allowing pupils to make personal comments about members of his staff. Who would want to work in a place like that anyway!!!

"

Then when the Head teacher finished speaking .... one of the kids had a say!

I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum!

heard this on the radio at the weekend. Thought I'd heard it wrong until I heard it again an hour later.

I can't believe I heard it at all. It's utter madness. But I am told this type of interview technique is now being applied across a range of other public service sectors so that 'clients' can sit in on interview panels and get a say in who the companies employ

The recent story about the Youth Parliament in Surrey squandering their £45,000 budget on parties, limousines and pizzas proves that children will think like children, in whatever situation they find themselves. When a potential teacher applies for a job it is his or her livlihood at stake here and should a child have a direct input on that? No, is my answer.

If a teacher isn't up to the job then it is the responsibility of the education authority to determine that and replace that teacher if neccessary. It does appear that by allowing children to have a say in which teachers are appointed and which are not that the Ofsted has created itself a loophole for passing the buck if any teacher selected by this method doesn't measure up.

The recent story about the Youth Parliament in Surrey squandering their £45,000 budget on parties, limousines and pizzas proves that children will think like children, in whatever situation they find themselves

now there is our future mps lol!! they just started early!! x

» Add a new message to this topic