FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > is he wrong or right

is he wrong or right

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Bed and breakfasts run by Christians should be allowed to turn away gay couples because of their sexuality, a leading Conservative has said.Shadow home secretary Chris Grayling said hotels should not be allowed to discriminate against homosexuals, but he suggested individuals should have the right to decide who stays in their home.

to be honest i think they should have the right to in b+b

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Bed and breakfasts run by Christians should be allowed to turn away gay couples because of their sexuality, a leading Conservative has said.Shadow home secretary Chris Grayling said hotels should not be allowed to discriminate against homosexuals, but he suggested individuals should have the right to decide who stays in their home.

to be honest i think they should have the right to in b+b"

I disagree! That means someone who believes I should be in a burkah can make me wear one or turn me away from their b and b ..... git outta here !

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I also heard this. I am totally apposed to discrimination because of ones sexuality but it is also someones entitlement to have who they wish in their own homes. Its just sad that in 2010 we still have such bigots

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

It also reminds me of the signs they used to put up in the 60.s and 70's no blacks or irish

Its their home so they should have the right to decide who they invite to stay.

As a bi guy I would not want to stay there but respect their religion...live and let live I say

"It also reminds me of the signs they used to put up in the 60.s and 70's no blacks or irish"

And NO women ... I was refused drinks at a bar because i didn't have a man wiht me ......that was only 30 years ago.

By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

As far as I'm aware, Landlord/lady has the right to refuse entry to anyone, without giving a reason. same as a publican doesn't have to give a reason for not serving anyone.

It surely is the landlord/ladies right to be able to admit who they choose into what is to all intents and purposes their own home.

"Bed and breakfasts run by Christians should be allowed to turn away gay couples because of their sexuality, a leading Conservative has said.Shadow home secretary Chris Grayling said hotels should not be allowed to discriminate against homosexuals, but he suggested individuals should have the right to decide who stays in their home.

Why the feck would any Gay want to stay at his hotel....loads of gay/lesbian hotels B+B...etc....its like the westboro Baptist Church lot....free speech...but dont have to listen to them

Guessing its the thin edge of the wedge arguement....what next... No Blks ..No Irish ...No..Pikeys...no protestants...his choice.. loopy choice I guess...but most Gays are pretty choosey where they stay any way...he is no great loss to them...but legally....he may be in a minefield...

Where's the question?

Anybody has the right to decide who may enter their home as a guest.

But if you're running a business, then the law quite correctly says that you may not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, sexuality etc.

All discrimination is wrong so long as the provision of services are concerned.

What is sad is that Britain was one of the last countries in Europe to catch up on this score - we're still way behind most of the rest...

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I have a mixed opinions

Its their home and therefore they can refuse who they like and not give a reason

Why did they state a reason?

I am not anti gay, but I am pro choice

I think its all got a bit silly

Why do boys wanna be in the brownies and why do girls wanna be scouts?

If you dont like the rules in that particular club, don't join I feel

I know of several "gay hotels" that my friends go to and they are tollerant of non gays

But as a famous man once said

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.

Groucho Marx

Why do they give a damn? Go stay someplace else.

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"It also reminds me of the signs they used to put up in the 60.s and 70's no blacks or irish"

Come to Norfolk (Great Yarmouth to be precise) there are signs in shops saying 'No English!' and they get away with it!!!!!!

"It also reminds me of the signs they used to put up in the 60.s and 70's no blacks or irish

Come to Norfolk (Great Yarmouth to be precise) there are signs in shops saying 'No English!' and they get away with it!!!!!!"

Not wanting to give too much away but...before patients had access to their medical/midwifery notes....doctors and midwives would often..write ...N.F.N...about an ugly or slightly odd looking baby...Normal. For .Norfolk...omg...how wrong was that..

I think the main point is that they specifide no gay couples and not gay singles.

Could it be that they dissagree with the gay act and not peoples choice as to what or who they choose to be?

So maybe it's a case of they do not like the idea of anything more than hetro sex acts to be performed under thier own roof?

after all if someone is free to express thier own sexuality then surely other have the right to say what goes on in thier place.

JMHO

Indeed, they should have the choice.

Guest houses are more personal that Hotels. Gust because your 'something' every one has to accept it. Of course if people were advocating violence against people just because they were different than that's a different question.

And there is a huge different in being accepted and tolerated to making others force to accept what they don't agree with.

And if the guest house owners are a bit touchy as to who they have as guests, then maybe it's not for them.

"I think the main point is that they specifide no gay couples and not gay singles.

Could it be that they dissagree with the gay act and not peoples choice as to what or who they choose to be?

So maybe it's a case of they do not like the idea of anything more than hetro sex acts to be performed under thier own roof?

after all if someone is free to express thier own sexuality then surely other have the right to say what goes on in thier place.

JMHO "

Haven't read the article myself...no gay couples...his choice ...gays wont choose to got to his B+ B....just wondered about the legal stand point...

Personal choice I'm all for that...But legally...????

As a Christian...shouldn't he also say no unmarried hetrosexual couples...what with his strong moral standpoint...???

just a thought... :-

1. they secretly taped him so whoever the sneaky twat was, needs to get a life.

2. he voted for same sex partnership ceremonies so not adverse to the gay lifestyle.

3. he is entitled to his opinion on this as is very select re bnb's and not hotels in general, as a bnb is someone's own home.

4. the gay couple need to get over it and stop plying their story for a quick buck on the back of it.

"........What is sad is that Britain was one of the last countries in Europe to catch up on this score - we're still way behind most of the rest...

"

and eastern europe are fully tolerant to non straight people, right

I can remember off the top of my head, a gay hotel turning away straight people, as they said it would cramp the style of their gay guests. Not sure of the outcome of that.

"I think the main point is that they specifide no gay couples and not gay singles.

........"

They said they would have them in separate rooms, but were full.

"1. they secretly taped him so whoever the sneaky twat was, needs to get a life.

2. he voted for same sex partnership ceremonies so not adverse to the gay lifestyle.

3. he is entitled to his opinion on this as is very select re bnb's and not hotels in general, as a bnb is someone's own home.

4. the gay couple need to get over it and stop plying their story for a quick buck on the back of it.

"

well said that man

some people just ache at the very idea of proving they are the victim

Life is tough

Get over it

"1. they secretly taped him so whoever the sneaky twat was, needs to get a life.

"

Only interested in legal aspects myself...yes naughty sneeky gays...but hey...some gays are fed up with this sort of stuff...and two birds with one stone...guess they thought..."expose The Bigot...and get enough wonga...for a Prada T-shirt..""

By *couple412Man  over a year ago

faversham

As long as B+B's run by gay couples can turn practising Christians away, should they want, to I am all for it.

What's good for the goose...

"As long as B+B's run by gay couples can turn practising Christians away, should they want, to I am all for it.

What's good for the goose..."

oooowwww....can you IMAGINE the uproar...lol...kool point..

http://news.scotsman.com/gayandlesbianissues/Scots-owner-of-gay-bar.3290201.jp

there you go, gays turning away straight...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/gay-britain-manchester-club-scene-turns-against-heteros-1235141.html

closer to home

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"As long as B+B's run by gay couples can turn practising Christians away, should they want, to I am all for it.

What's good for the goose..."

so then... could we use the same premise to say that if a B+B was run by a member of the BNP, would the legally be allowed to turn people of "ethnic origin" away???? does make you think doesn't it....

it is a fine line saying that it is the family home....if that is the case then sure, in private do as you wish..... however if you are using that home as a business then surely that is a different matter.....

will be interesting to see which way this goes.....

maybe im just weird but in business to me money is money nor it the pink pound the other pound or the all singin all dancing pound especially in a recession!

would he have been the same if it was 2 women?

maybe im just a wee bit more open minded than some x

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"maybe im just weird but in business to me money is money nor it the pink pound the other pound or the all singin all dancing pound especially in a recession!

would he have been the same if it was 2 women?

maybe im just a wee bit more open minded than some x"

I am more than happy to let a pair of lesbians into my home for the night....BUT....only if they are wearing PVC Burkhas

well one really does have to have a dress code!!

i would happily let 2 bi/gay men into mine as long as they were wearing mankinis!! and brought chocolate!! xx

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

My best mate got thrown out of a B&B just cos he and his bf wanted to stay there.

Was fine when he booked the room, but when he arrived and it was MR & MR smith not Mr & Mrs - they got booted out- was even in the local paper and everything!!!

Now why should they be turned away???

I have wet some mattresses in my tme, and dont think gay sex would cause any more damage than i would to the soft furnsihings.

So why should the be discriminsated against???

No - i dont agree.

What goes on behind closed doors stays there and is no ones elses business.

Notting

"well one really does have to have a dress code!!

i would happily let 2 bi/gay men into mine as long as they were wearing mankinis!! and brought chocolate!! xx"

Can i be your door master please!!!~

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

But it is still a business even if you have turned your home into a B+B.

At least people will know where not to go and pay their money though, as I wouldn't want to stay there if I was gay.

i would happily let 2 bi/gay men into mine as long as they were wearing mankinis!! and brought chocolate!! xx

Can i be your door master please!!!~"

u sure can my love il even provide you with a uniform and whip lol xx

There is the possibility that the B&B owner was simply fucked off with cleaning shitty bed linen. Anyone who's ever had anal sex will know that sometimes it can be very messy.

so if you and your good lady get away for a wee wk end somewhere and go to a nice we b and b and the man says to you " oh and will you be havin anal sex whilst your here" you wouldnt have a hissy fit and tell him to mind his bloody business??

x

By *ddiddyMan  over a year ago

kilkenny

ha 60s and 70s they have them signs up now in poland on building sites saw them myself well dident say blacks it said no english or irish

Notting

u sure can my love il even provide you with a uniform and whip lol xx"

ooooooooooooooooooooooh

goodo

ANAL ALLOWED HERE!!!!

After a good douche of course- and again - am willing to help

dettol and a wire brush and we ready n rock and roll!!!

now bums in the air for the power hose!!! xx

Notting

"dettol and a wire brush and we ready n rock and roll!!!

now bums in the air for the power hose!!! xx "

Hehehehehe

Deep douching here we go!!!!

squeeky clean and fresh!!! xx

the couple should tell all their straight friends, family and work colleagues to boycott the particular b&b. word of mouth goes a long way and then the bigots involved would eventually go out of business.

surely if your christianity means so much, then perhaps running a b&b is not the right career choice? christianity is meant to be about looking out for others, doing good by others.

There was a similar case when a christian couple had a b&b and due to alleged discrimination towards a muslim woman, they have now lost their business.

the article has two points a) the bigotry and discrimination against gays and b) the policitian speaking his mind - he's shot himself in the foot - the hypocrite will lose votes for his party come the election.

It would be interesting to hear the shadow Home Secretary's views on Swingers. I wonder if he'd advocate turning away a straight swinging couple from his infamous B&B?

By *eadboysdontlieWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

lets just hope they dont start putting up signs saying "no swingers" lol

u sure can my love il even provide you with a uniform and whip lol xx

ooooooooooooooooooooooh

goodo

ANAL ALLOWED HERE!!!!

After a good douche of course- and again - am willing to help "

Im beginning to get the hang of douching now...

Less bubbles anyway

"............There was a similar case when a christian couple had a b&b and due to alleged discrimination towards a muslim woman, they have now lost their business.

"

They were acquitted and have forgiven the woman for the false allegations, but...

Not true, she was there a month and all was well, last day came to check out she appeared in muslim style clothing.

The hotel is still trading, but they have decided to sell it, though not for sale at the moment.

How do I know, I stay near by, and the landlady give me updates, and google is my friend...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/6796508/Christian-hoteliers-received-violent-threats-over-Muslim-guest-insult.html

» Add a new message to this topic