FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Design faults

Design faults

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was thinking the other day...

..why the feck is it that Sky remotes don't have a 'back' button on them like pretty much all other types of viewing box do? Surely they must have twigged by now? Perhaps they don't want to conform with others?

Also, why are Scart leads so bloody difficult to get in when they know you're going to be doing it blind with your hand round the back of the telly! Guessing they will be taken over by HDMI soon anyway.

Nokia as well seem to take one step forward, and another back. They'll put in one feature that everyone has been crying out for, but then make something worse that was perfectly good in the first place, seems like madness!

Anything you can think of that makes you think "why the hell did they make it like that?", or you think could be improved?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've never seen a Sky remote which doesn't have a 'back' button on.

They all do

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"I've never seen a Sky remote which doesn't have a 'back' button on.

They all do "

Yup mines has a 'back-up' button here too

They all do "

No, they have a 'Back up' button... which doesn't work like the ones on other remotes.

The ones I mean you can press back and go to the last channel you were watching, so if you're flicking between the two you can just keep pressing 'back'

Ah ha ! Gotcha, in that case I dunno

Tayside

They all do

No, they have a 'Back up' button... which doesn't work like the ones on other remotes.

The ones I mean you can press back and go to the last channel you were watching, so if you're flicking between the two you can just keep pressing 'back'"

Push the left & right facing arrows instead then

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Was thinking the other day...

..why the feck is it that Sky remotes don't have a 'back' button on them like pretty much all other types of viewing box do? Surely they must have twigged by now? Perhaps they don't want to conform with others?

Also, why are Scart leads so bloody difficult to get in when they know you're going to be doing it blind with your hand round the back of the telly! Guessing they will be taken over by HDMI soon anyway.

Nokia as well seem to take one step forward, and another back. They'll put in one feature that everyone has been crying out for, but then make something worse that was perfectly good in the first place, seems like madness!

Anything you can think of that makes you think "why the hell did they make it like that?", or you think could be improved?"

now you started that thread on purpose didnt ya???? i didnt understand much of that at all

"Ah ha ! Gotcha, in that case I dunno

"

They have them on virgin boxes, and I got used to having one. Have had this conversation with friends and they're all in agreement that Sky is far superior in every way except this one feature.

So write to Sky and tell them about it. I'm sure if enough people did the same they'd look at the issue.

They all do

The ones I mean you can press back and go to the last channel you were watching, so if you're flicking between the two you can just keep pressing 'back'

Push the left & right facing arrows instead then "

Sure but say you're watching BBC 1 and then... i dunno Sky sports, you've got 400 channels to flick through! lol... I know you can just type 401, and then 101 and I'm only saving myself pushing a further 2 buttons, but I'm a lazy sod, plus I don't want to have to remember all the bloomin' channel numbers!

Anything you can think of that makes you think "why the hell did they make it like that?", or you think could be improved?now you started that thread on purpose didnt ya???? i didnt understand much of that at all "

Bigbad told me to do it!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Anything you can think of that makes you think "why the hell did they make it like that?", or you think could be improved?now you started that thread on purpose didnt ya???? i didnt understand much of that at all

Bigbad told me to do it! "

He wouldnt be that cruel

Tayside

They all do

Push the left & right facing arrows instead then

Sure but say you're watching BBC 1 and then... i dunno Sky sports, you've got 400 channels to flick through! lol... I know you can just type 401, and then 101 and I'm only saving myself pushing a further 2 buttons, but I'm a lazy sod, plus I don't want to have to remember all the bloomin' channel numbers! "

Set up your favourite channels on the 'blue button' then and you can flick through only the few you want to watch regularly, then you never need to remember the channel numbers and just need to push 1 button

Nope I don't work for Sky in case you wondered lol

"Set up your favourite channels on the 'blue button' then and you can flick through only the few you want to watch regularly, then you never need to remember the channel numbers and just need to push 1 button

Nope I don't work for Sky in case you wondered lol"

I guess that could be one way, but you could argue that at some point in my viewing career there could be at least one program I may want to watch on most of the channels.

Anyways, this wasn't all just for me to moan about Sky remotes! lol

Tayside

"Set up your favourite channels on the 'blue button' then and you can flick through only the few you want to watch regularly, then you never need to remember the channel numbers and just need to push 1 button

Nope I don't work for Sky in case you wondered lol

I guess that could be one way, but you could argue that at some point in my viewing career there could be at least one program I may want to watch on most of the channels.

Anyways, this wasn't all just for me to moan about Sky remotes! lol

"

OK lol

Scarts are shaped the way they are so they only fit in one way and to make them easy to fit 'blind' behind your telly

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

They all do "

I dont have Sky myself so Ive never seen a Sky remote without a cock next to it

"OK lol

Scarts are shaped the way they are so they only fit in one way and to make them easy to fit 'blind' behind your telly "

LOL

Yeah I know they need to be a certain way round... but even if you've found the area they're meant to go into, there's nothing that guides them in so to speak. It's like pot luck to find the right spot.

These were all just examples, was just seeing if anyone had anything else like that they thought could be improved!

And another useless fact about scarts - they are called 21 pin scarts but if you look there are only 20 pins

Why ?

Because the outer metal case is connected to ground, and is classed as pin 21

"And another useless fact about scarts - they are called 21 pin scarts but if you look there are only 20 pins

Why ?

Because the outer metal case is connected to ground, and is classed as pin 21 "

I'm soo glad you shared!

Tayside

"OK lol

Scarts are shaped the way they are so they only fit in one way and to make them easy to fit 'blind' behind your telly

LOL

Yeah I know they need to be a certain way round... but even if you've found the area they're meant to go into, there's nothing that guides them in so to speak. It's like pot luck to find the right spot.

These were all just examples, was just seeing if anyone had anything else like that they thought could be improved!"

;-)

The raised thin metal area around the scart is the guide to slip it into the slot

Just thought the non-technical ladies might need help with non shoe related items

Lol, who knows, you might get asked that question one day in a pub quiz

"OK lol

LOL

These were all just examples, was just seeing if anyone had anything else like that they thought could be improved!

;-)

The raised thin metal area around the scart is the guide to slip it into the slot

Just thought the non-technical ladies might need help with non shoe related items "

Ok, well it's a shit guide! lol what use is a guide if you can't get into the hole for it either?

"OK lol

LOL

;-)

Just thought the non-technical ladies might need help with non shoe related items

Ok, well it's a shit guide! lol what use is a guide if you can't get into the hole for it either? "

You think you've got problems ! I can't get a fucking steam valve anywhere !

"OK lol

LOL

;-)

Ok, well it's a shit guide! lol what use is a guide if you can't get into the hole for it either?

You think you've got problems ! I can't get a fucking steam valve anywhere !"

Hehe, oh I don't know... I've been sat here trying to plug the thing in for weeks, will someone come and put me out of my misery? I wan't to watch a Dooovd!

Tayside

"OK lol

LOL

;-)

Ok, well it's a shit guide! lol what use is a guide if you can't get into the hole for it either? "

Turn the scart around 180 degrees and it will fit that way sometimes works in other situations too lol

"OK lol

LOL

;-)

Turn the scart around 180 degrees and it will fit that way sometimes works in other situations too lol "

But then my telly would be upside down?

Tayside

"OK lol

LOL

;-)

Turn the scart around 180 degrees and it will fit that way sometimes works in other situations too lol

But then my telly would be upside down? "

I think you might need to go and buy some new shoes lol

"And another useless fact about scarts - they are called 21 pin scarts but if you look there are only 20 pins

Why ?

Because the outer metal case is connected to ground, and is classed as pin 21 "

And if you take them apart, many of them only have half a dozen pins connected anyway!!

" Ive never seen a Sky remote without a cock next to it "

now that is a design flaw......bigger remotes I say!

"

But then my telly would be upside down?

I think you might need to go and buy some new shoes lol "

Oh good idea, new shoes, YIPEEE! lol

By *eorge17Man  over a year ago

Leven

Anything you can think of that makes you think "why the hell did they make it like that?", or you think could be improved?"

on sky,to go back to the channel you last viewed press the blue button then press select

» Add a new message to this topic