By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

Happy You're the best thing Style Council

Sad Wish you were here Pink Floyd

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What One music track brings back your happiest ever memory....and why

Likewise what One music Track brings back your saddest memory.....and why"

Me again... sorry but music is one of my things..

Pink Floyd is very happy and always has been through different times and associations, also very strong association with my partner.

Sad? Sorry, another classical one... Largo Movement from Vivaldi's 4th Season, Winter... used in a recent funeral.

Song bird or somewhere over the rainbow bring tears everytime. Grandads funeral. Happiest very sad and corny shameful but dad playing cliff richards in the car when we were off on hols.

Lara's Theme from Dr Zivargo, because it was the tunes my mom and dad chose to have played at their funerals

Bright Eyes, although a sad song, was playing the first time Kate and I had our first shag

By *atisfy jane OP   Woman  over a year ago

Torquay

Happy.....Cafe del Mar, Sept. 2007, we spent the whole month in Ibiza at our friends place.....Our best holiday ever

Sad.....Gone too Soon by Michael Jackson, played at the funeral of our very dear friend who was killed in Helmand

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Happiest song - Show me heaven as it was number one the week after my son was born

Saddiest song - Boyzone father and son. Two weeks before my 30th birthday my ex husband walked out on me while i was sectioned in a mental health hospital. I spent many a long time in there dosed up to the eyeballs on extremely strong medication that took away your soul. After they realeased me i managed to move into my house with my mothers help but had agrophobia for 6 months i used to sit and stare into space all day and do nothing. One day i had the radio on and father and son came on, for some reason i seemed to take notice of the song and slowly i started to take notice of life again

"Lara's Theme from Dr Zivargo, because it was the tunes my mom and dad chose to have played at their funerals

Bright Eyes, although a sad song, was playing the first time Kate and I had our first shag "

Lara's Theme is special to me too

Tooo many happy ones to begin listing.

As for sad ones Adagio for strings always get me, just because they played it continually the day Diana died. That and Usher - you make me wanna (believe it or not, lol) just because I connect it with some sad times.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Happy - Build me up Buttercup (always gets me dancing and a jolly uplifting chooooon)

Sad - Angels, Robbie Williams (first song I heard when my son died)

spearhead umbrella for the happy one, its not a happy track but listen to it and makes me feel better when ever im low

sad has to be big and rich, love this life

give them a listen you will understand

By *ickedWWoman  over a year ago

Chester

For Your Babies by Simply Red is my happy song, it was played all the time while I was carrying my son..

The words are very apt, esp because of his condition when he was born !!

It should also be my sad song thinking about it..

We have all the time in the world sung by Lois Armstrong, always makes me tearful....x

Happy: The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack- played over a still of my then husband looking at me with love and devotion as I'm smiling at friends with a look of joy on our wedding day.

Sad: Sacrifice by Elton John. This song was always playing on the radio when I visited my son in intensive care. I'd sit in the rocking chair and feed him humming this song. It's 20 years since my son died and I'm typing this through tears.

happy and sad song. Perfect day by Lou Reed .... a song played to me by my lovely when we first started dating, he played it often and sang it to me, he said I had lifted him up and given him a new life. I also had it played at his funeral, strange choice but it meant so much to us.

Elkie Brookes' 'Pearls a Singer' takes me back to a time in my wild and reckless youth where I managed to work a fortnight on less than an hours sleep at night. Crashed into bed at 6am, ant 7 was up...and playing this at full volume in the shower. Got me ready for the day....oh happy days

Sad Song just has to be Jim Reeves singing 'Old Tige'....no reason to it....but it reduces me to a babbling wreck every time I hear it

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

r kelly worlds greatest, reminds me of what my son could have been and makes me smile...

missing you by 1st lady, not many people have heard this song, youtube it and listen to the words thats my sad song saying bye to alfie big balls

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have been trying to think of just one happy song, but there are way too many to choose from.

Have got a couple of sad ones I could choose for different reasons, but "One sweet day " by Mariah Carey covers a couple of options.

My happy song is from Ibiza 1991, Last Rhythm by last rhythm featuring Silvie Carter, one of the best dance tunes I've ever heard, and it reminds me of a little, blonde Danish lass I met

happy has to be sia - the girl you lost to coccaine (freemasons remix) happy times clubbing when i used to have a flat stomach and could take my top off lol

sad song shane mack - lie to me great song but always makes me teary

Happy song was Go by Pearl jam at Bercy Stadium Paris.

Sad song was Raining in Baltimore by Counting crows at the BIC Bournmouth.

Moments in time that were great for different reasons

[Removed by poster at 02/04/10 00:19:53]

one record for both really lol

always and forever by heatwave late 70s

possibly my most romantic record of all time !!!!

check it out on you tube

Happy.

'Maggie May' - Rod Stewart.

It just reminds me of growing up and all those memories from the 70's cos I'm old now and like to remember.

Sad.

'Babylon' - David Gray.

Was given the White Ladder CD by a lover I'd really fallen for (oh yes I'd got it bad). Babylon was her favourite track and I played it over and over with tears streaming down my face whilst driving home from Brum when she dumped me.

Moral - try not to fall for you lovers but if you do, then be sure to get some new favourite music from the experience.

happy undertones,teenage kicks sad simple minds,dont you forget about me played at mates funeral,people burst into tears all over church!

Happy - MGMT's "kids", if I listen to it on the way to work I rarely have a bad day. Sad - in a reflective bittersweet way, I guess it's a track called "Calling Back" by Julie Round, but it's a sad song tinged with happiness and nostalgia cos it reminds me of Ibiza, where I first heard it...don't even know if it's on Youtube, but if it is then have a listen..

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Another happy song for me is culture club i'll tumble for you reminds me of us all going out in a great big crowd on thursday night to the local hotspot

Old red hes back is another sad song for me, I had a wonderful friend who unfortunatly took the wrong turn in life, he was thirty two when he died of drink and drugs and they played that at his funeral

By *atisfy jane OP   Woman  over a year ago

Torquay

"one record for both really lol

always and forever by heatwave late 70s

possibly my most romantic record of all time !!!!

check it out on you tube"

Have you heard the version by the late Luther Vandross?

» Add a new message to this topic