FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wearing of the Islamic Burka to be banned in public!

Wearing of the Islamic Burka to be banned in public!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illwill69u OP   Man  over a year ago

moston

Just on the news that a committee of the HoC has voted to ban the wearing of the Islamic burka in public.

About time too, I say, any comments?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

here here

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Committees don't get to vote on anything, they can make recommendations to governments.

The government has not voted on, nor has a motion been tabled on the wearing of muslim headwear in the House of Commons.

whether or not you agree with it....Sarkozy has tried banning it in France.

Their top Constitutional body ruled that a TOTAL ban was not competent under their constitution and would be likely to contravene the Human Rights Convention under as well as falling foul of anti discrimination legislation ...unlikely that a ban in UK would be viewed any differently

It will never happen

what people wear is upto them, you can tell people what they can and cant wear, i can see it myself

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

"The government has not voted on, nor has a motion been tabled on the wearing of muslim headwear in the House of Commons."

.. and it won't happen, thank God (or Allah or whoever). There are more than enough societies out there who attempt to repress the expression of people's beliefs. Britain should not be joining that 'select group', IMHO.

Torquay

This is just another attempt to open up a subject for discussion on this forum, fair enough.....a topic well worth discussing.

But to claim that the House of Commons has voted to ban Burkhas is a ridiculous way to start a debate, you don't have to start a debate with an untrue statement.

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

To be fair, Jane, maybe the OP mis-heard the news item, and they were actually announcing the latest attempt to stifle Joanna Lumley - banning swearing about Ghurkas in the House of Commons

Torquay

As Stu rightly said, the French government recently attempted to pass this act but it was overturned when it came to putting it into law.

It wouldn't stand up under EU human rights legislation.

Torquay

"To be fair, Jane, maybe the OP mis-heard the news item, and they were actually announcing the latest attempt to stifle Joanna Lumley - banning swearing about Ghurkas in the House of Commons "

LOL......love it

I don't know how many of you have been following The Tropic of Cancer on TV but they presenter is travelling around the world sticking as close to the Tropic of Cancer as possible and he's just passed through the Arabian peninsular, and to travel through Saudi Arabia he needed to be 'sponsored' by a local person, which in this case turned out to be a well connected businesswoman (a very rare thing in Saudi). He asked her about the Burkha and how she felt about being forced to wear it and her reply was very revealing (pun intended). She stated that most Muslim women preferred to wear them and that asking them not to wear them was the same as asking western women to not wear sandals on the beach. They consider it normal to wear them. (will finish this post later as Siren just appeared wearing fuck all!! I doubt she'd get away with that in Saudi Arabia, slut!! hehehe)

"

Just on the news that a committee of the HoC has voted to ban the wearing of the Islamic burka in public.

"

It said Belgium on the news, not the UK

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Can't see why any one would want to ban a particular piece of clothing - if these women want to wear them then let them, I would imagine that some want to wear it and some are forced to but it's still nothing to do with Government - what ever next? A ban on dungarees? Z

Bolton

"

"

This patently isn't the case - but can I ask why you feel it's a good thing? Z

Forum Mod

" A ban on dungarees? Z"

Too bloody right!! dungarees are hideous!

As for the burkas,It surely cant work,who is anyone to tell someone they can't wear an item of clothing that THEY choose to wear

Although Bluewater shopping centre did ban anyone wearing hoodies from going there

The only time I'd support any restrictions on covering one's face is if security is threatened by it. Although one could argue that with the advent of see-through scanners a ban on Burkhas is pointless as the authorities will be able to 'see' if the person underneath the Burkha is in fact a woman and if she is carrying explosives or not.

Torquay

It won't hold up in Belgium either, like the French attempt it will fall foul of EU Human Rights legislation.

We live in a tolerant society where many thousands of men and women have died to preserve our rights of freedom, they didn't lay down their lives so that we can ban clothing just because it doesn't suit all our beliefs.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

You cant wear hoodies, you have to remove crash helmets when entering shops yet your allowed to walk round in something where you can only see your eyeslits. Plus they wear them out of choice and its not a religious prerequisit. Let them do what they like at home or in there culture enviroment. But in public places they should show their faces. Plus they give me the willies especially the ones that wear glasses

"You cant wear hoodies, you have to remove crash helmets when entering shops yet your allowed to walk round in something where you can only see your eyeslits. Plus they wear them out of choice and its not a religious prerequisit. Let them do what they like at home or in there culture enviroment. But in public places they should show their faces. Plus they give me the willies especially the ones that wear glasses"

You forgot to mention, you can’t wear your pyjamas in tescos

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Hang on just had thought here. Hoodies were banned not too long ago weren't they? At least in places like garage forcourts and shopping malls. Maybe the same could be used for burkas?

"It won't hold up in Belgium either, like the French attempt it will fall foul of EU Human Rights legislation.

We live in a tolerant society where many thousands of men and women have died to preserve our rights of freedom, they didn't lay down their lives so that we can ban clothing just because it doesn't suit all our beliefs.

"

Wished that was the case, try doing you’re shopping wearing a balaclava and see how far you get

Torquay

"Hang on just had thought here. Hoodies were banned not too long ago weren't they? At least in places like garage forcourts and shopping malls. Maybe the same could be used for burkas?"

Probably on the grounds of security, which is understandable because they were often being used to carry out crimes against both persons and property.

I think your average muslim woman walking along the streets of Luton wearing a burkha isn't doing so to carry out a 'happy slap' or a street robbery.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Hang on just had thought here. Hoodies were banned not too long ago weren't they? At least in places like garage forcourts and shopping malls. Maybe the same could be used for burkas?

Probably on the grounds of security, which is understandable because they were often being used to carry out crimes against both persons and property.

I think your average muslim woman walking along the streets of Luton wearing a burkha isn't doing so to carry out a 'happy slap' or a street robbery."

Thats true, but whats to stop someone dressing up as a muslim woman for whatever reasons. You cant even tell if they are male or female or their race with all that lot on. Wasnt there a case of the guy who got through passport control a few years ago dressed in a burka

moston

I may have misheard the news, if so apologies all, but while the majority seem to be saying that a ban is not right and should not be supported I would ask you to walk through your local town centre and enter a bank wearing a balaclava or even a scrim net over your head. I bet you are not allowed into the bank and stopped by the police within minutes!

Now why should I or you not be allowed to totally hide our identity while a Muslim can?

I have nothing against Islam, anyone can practice any religion they like as far as I am concerned, but many Muslim women seem to be able to keep their modesty while allowing us all to see their faces, the burka is a mask, if anyone is that devout that they feel that they need to wear such dress go live in a sharia country, don’t force sharia on us!

One country, one law for all I say.

"One country, one law for all I say.

"

Or one country, one religion?

That seems to be what you are saying here.

The thing that makes us different from anyone else is that we CAN have diversity here and our own way of life isn't threatened by it. Take a closer look at Muslim countries and their laws are so draconian that it could be said that their religion is so insecure that they need to prop it up with such laws.

"You cant wear hoodies, you have to remove crash helmets when entering shops yet your allowed to walk round in something where you can only see your eyeslits. Plus they wear them out of choice and its not a religious prerequisit. Let them do what they like at home or in there culture enviroment. But in public places they should show their faces. Plus they give me the willies especially the ones that wear glasses"

Was about to say the same thing, and also caps aren't allowed in a lot of places either.

Torquay

Thing is where does it end?, either we are a tolerant nation or we are not.

Do we ban the building of mosques in Britain?

Do we ban the sale or possession of the Koran?

The proposed ban in both France and Belgium was a general ban in public places, not just in places of security like airports, government buildings, banks etc.....but a blanket ban on the wearing of burkhas in the street.

The truth is that British people have been scared into distrusting Muslims because of recent events, but is that enough reason to ban headwear on the grounds of religion?

By *ausage and sizzleCouple  over a year ago

Barnstaple

"Thing is where does it end?, either we are a tolerant nation or we are not.

Do we ban the building of mosques in Britain?

Do we ban the sale or possession of the Koran?

The proposed ban in both France and Belgium was a general ban in public places, not just in places of security like airports, government buildings, banks etc.....but a blanket ban on the wearing of burkhas in the street.

The truth is that British people have been scared into distrusting Muslims because of recent events, but is that enough reason to ban headwear on the grounds of religion?"

I agree we are generally a tollerant society, but maybe we mistrust because "some" others abuse that tolerance.

I'm not racist in the slightest, but I was sent this short recording www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZM2SA4QOXw of Shahid Malik, Justice Minister explaining what sort of Britain he'd like to see. It sent a shudder up my spine.

[Removed by poster at 31/03/10 13:27:33]

This is a realy complex subject, and the head scarf birka and hijab (one is a heavy headscarf and one if an all over covering including a veil) are, from my understanding, mre acultural thing than a religious one as there isn't anything in the Koran that demands them.

To second the previous posters coments, we are a tolerant nation and so i don't see any way we can ban these coverings and remain tolerant.

That having been said, imigration policy for the last 50 years or so has been based on integration and asimilation of foreign nationalities and i do see the scarf to be no problem, the all over covering is, i feel, a major obstacle to that integration.

moston

NO! ONE COUNTRY ONE LAW!

I actually said you can practice any religion you like!

But I object to anyone being given the right to claim that they are not subject to the same laws as the rest of us on the grounds of religion! It started about 30 years ago with Sheiks not having to wear crash helmets on motorcycles and at some point in time it has to stop, or maybe you also think that Rastas should be allowed grow, buy, sell and smoke cannabis? Or how about I get 10,000 to put their religion down as “Church of Christ the Psychopath” in the next census, then as a recognised religion under our present laws I claim that it gives me the right to have sex in public outside schools at play time, would that be OK with you? I think not, so why is it OK for anyone to use religion as a reason to claim that they are above any law?

I say again ONE COUNTRY, ONE LAW for all.

To paraphrase an old adage: Either everyone is equal under the law or there is only tyranny.

Sorry about the shouting, but it seems ………

Barnstaple

"This is a realy complex subject, and the head scarf birka and hijab (one is a heavy headscarf and one if an all over covering including a veil) are, from my understanding, mre acultural thing than a religious one as there isn't anything in the Koran that demands them.

To second the previous posters coments, we are a tolerant nation and so i don't see any way we can ban these coverings and remain tolerant.

That having been said, imigration policy for the last 50 years or so has been based on integration and asimilation of foreign nationalities and i do see the scarf to be no problem, the all over covering is, i feel, a major obstacle to that integration."

Your understanding that wearing of the birka and hijab is purely cultural and not religious, is correct according to a muslim friend of mine.

Torquay

When I see the Islamic Mullahs preaching in British mosques advocating Sharia law in the UK I see them just as bad as the Ultra Right bodies that practise bigotry.

They are no better than each other, but I would like to think that British people can raise themselves above that and show both extremeties that they have no place in our society.

My partner friend walked into a shop and some Muslim told him to take his Nike cap of so his friend said I would if you ask your wife to take her Burka off! , johns friend was then held in the holding room where they put shop lifters when the police came the muslim got a good telling off because he should never of pushed his friend to a holding room this went to court because the shop did not have any signs displaying no caps or hatsthe judge did award john’s friend compo for a broken arm and the embarrassment he was under for wearing a cap and a small child being pushed over and the shop keeper in question was not happy paying out compo or court cost I say you live in the uk you should be able to talk the queens english and abide by our rules we would have to if we went to a muslim country

had to remove firstpost sorry pc went ape shit

Barnstaple

"When I see the Islamic Mullahs preaching in British mosques advocating Sharia law in the UK I see them just as bad as the Ultra Right bodies that practise bigotry.

They are no better than each other, but I would like to think that British people can raise themselves above that and show both extremeties that they have no place in our society."

I agree, but discontent on either side, breeds radicalism and rise of people like Adolf Hitler.

I think it is foolish to ignore the elephant in the room and just hope it' will go away. It's a fact that there are "some" people who would like to see us all ruled by Sharier (not sure of spelling) law. To ignore it might mean Enoch Powells prophesy may come true, then God help us all.

Torquay

"NO! ONE COUNTRY ONE LAW!

I actually said you can practice any religion you like!

But I object to anyone being given the right to claim that they are not subject to the same laws as the rest of us on the grounds of religion! It started about 30 years ago with Sheiks not having to wear crash helmets on motorcycles and at some point in time it has to stop, or maybe you also think that Rastas should be allowed grow, buy, sell and smoke cannabis? Or how about I get 10,000 to put their religion down as “Church of Christ the Psychopath” in the next census, then as a recognised religion under our present laws I claim that it gives me the right to have sex in public outside schools at play time, would that be OK with you? I think not, so why is it OK for anyone to use religion as a reason to claim that they are above any law?

I say again ONE COUNTRY, ONE LAW for all.

To paraphrase an old adage: Either everyone is equal under the law or there is only tyranny.

Sorry about the shouting, but it seems ………

"

As there are current laws in place that already outlaw sex in public or growing cannabis then that is no arguement, but there IS NOT a current law that forbids the wearing of a burkha in a public place so they ARE acting within our laws.

What if the Church of England pushed for swinging to be prohibited by law in England and Wales?, there are enough MP's that have very close connections to the church that would make this far more likely than Sharia law ever being introduced into the nation.

Because a few extremist Islamic preachers rattle on about Sharia law being introduced into British sociaty it doesn't make it any more likely that it ever will.

Ask your average British born Muslim if he agrees with Sharia law......I would guess the vast majority of young British Muslims would laugh

Here Here!

It could be any bugger hidden in there,how the Hell do we know if its a woman or some bloke wanted for terrorist activities?

When in Rome and all that.....

XXXX

Torquay

"You cant wear hoodies, you have to remove crash helmets when entering shops yet your allowed to walk round in something where you can only see your eyeslits. Plus they wear them out of choice and its not a religious prerequisit. Let them do what they like at home or in there culture enviroment. But in public places they should show their faces. Plus they give me the willies especially the ones that wear glasses

Here Here!

It could be any bugger hidden in there,how the Hell do we know if its a woman or some bloke wanted for terrorist activities?

XXXX"

The two women who bombed the Russian

Metro system yesterday were not wearing burkhas even though they are suspected of being Muslims, one of them was shown on TV last night wearing a Nike track top.

The English lad who bombed the restaurant in Exeter the year before last was wearing a coat he probably brought in a charity shop.

The British Pakistani lads who bombed London on 7/7 were wearing everyday clothes that any guy on here could be seen wearing.

The wearing of a burkha doesn't make you more likely to be a terrorist, probably less likely.

Barnstaple

"You cant wear hoodies, you have to remove crash helmets when entering shops yet your allowed to walk round in something where you can only see your eyeslits. Plus they wear them out of choice and its not a religious prerequisit. Let them do what they like at home or in there culture enviroment. But in public places they should show their faces. Plus they give me the willies especially the ones that wear glasses

Here Here!

XXXX

Metro system yesterday were not wearing burkhas even though they are suspected of being Muslims, one of them was shown on TV last night wearing a Nike track top.

The English lad who bombed the restaurant in Exeter the year before last was wearing a coat he probably brought in a charity shop.

The British Pakistani lads who bombed London on 7/7 were wearing everyday clothes that any guy on here could be seen wearing.

The wearing of a burkha doesn't make you more likely to be a terrorist, probably less likely.

"

Again I agree, but wasn't there a terrorist (the one that got caught in Rome I think) who escaped and flew out of Britain dressed in a Burka?

Torquay

Here Here!

XXXX

Again I agree, but wasn't there a terrorist (the one that got caught in Rome I think) who escaped and flew out of Britain dressed in a Burka?"

The newspapers did report that, but not so sure if that was confirmed by the security agencies....trouble is we have the press printing all sorts of crap just to get headlines.

"

"

UUUMMM...I would love to wear a burka...not so great on a hot day maybe....but girls...just think..

No more rummaging in the wardrobe....wondering what to wear...

No more "Bad Hair" days..

Problem Skin..??? Who would Know..???

Having a "Fat Day"...who would notice those bulges..or muffin tops...???

Fecking Splendid Idea...and you can pull faces at peeps you are talking to..they will never know..

I WANT ONE..

Barnstaple

Here Here!

XXXX

Again I agree, but wasn't there a terrorist (the one that got caught in Rome I think) who escaped and flew out of Britain dressed in a Burka?

The newspapers did report that, but not so sure if that was confirmed by the security agencies....trouble is we have the press printing all sorts of crap just to get headlines."

This is true, you can't trust anyone. What a world we live in ...big sigh!

moston

[Removed by poster at 31/03/10 14:10:44]

Torquay

"

UUUMMM...I would love to wear a burka...not so great on a hot day maybe....but girls...just think..

Fecking Splendid Idea...and you can pull faces at peeps you are talking to..they will never know..

I WANT ONE.."

You could even sit at work with a midget hidden underneath licking away at your pussy.....wants one too

Here Here!

XXXX

"

But it doesn't alter the FACT that its the best disguise you could get away with from showing your true identity.

Coupled with the probability that its a male orientated idea and prerequisite and nothing to do with religion.

Bearing that in mind,the banning of it is a small price to pay if it gives just one degree of extra safety and security to the people of this country.

Any Muslim who genuinely wants to integrate into our society would surely find it well worth the sacrifice.

Barnstaple

Here Here!

XXXX

But it doesn't alter the FACT that its the best disguise you could get away with from showing your true identity.

Coupled with the probability that its a male orientated idea and prerequisite and nothing to do with religion.

Bearing that in mind,the banning of it is a small price to pay if it gives just one degree of extra safety and security to the people of this country.

Any Muslim who genuinely wants to integrate into our society would surely find it well worth the sacrifice."

Yes, but where do you stop on that basis? My wife read the other day that breast implants could be seen as a security risk, and a way of carrying explosives, that can't be seen by the new scanners.

Torquay

The lads who carried out the London bombings never needed to hide their identities to kill all those people.

The truth is that the extremists that are the most dangerous to our security are the ones that none of us know, it's not as if Osama Bin Laden is going to walk into central London wearing a burkha having to hide the fact he is a bomb carrying terrorist, but it is very possible that the young boy sitting on the top deck of a number 38 bus driving along Oxford Street in London is carrying an explosive device.

All the burkha wearer is doing is bringing attention to herself when entering a high security area, the bomb is more likely to be carried by the 21 year old British born Pakistani wearing the jacket he brought from Matalan.

". Bearing that in mind,the banning of it is a small price to pay if it gives just one degree of extra safety and security to the people of this country.

Any Muslim who genuinely wants to integrate into our society would surely find it well worth the sacrifice."

Speechless!!

"

I WANT ONE..

You could even sit at work with a midget hidden underneath licking away at your pussy.....wants one too"

Is there no end to its versitility...

Torquay

"

I WANT ONE..

You could even sit at work with a midget hidden underneath licking away at your pussy.....wants one too

Is there no end to its versitility... "

Not in my eyes....

Barnstaple

"The lads who carried out the London bombings never needed to hide their identities to kill all those people.

The truth is that the extremists that are the most dangerous to our security are the ones that none of us know, it's not as if Osama Bin Laden is going to walk into central London wearing a burkha having to hide the fact he is a bomb carrying terrorist, but it is very possible that the young boy sitting on the top deck of a number 38 bus driving along Oxford Street in London is carrying an explosive device.

All the burkha wearer is doing is bringing attention to herself when entering a high security area, the bomb is more likely to be carried by the 21 year old British born Pakistani wearing the jacket he brought from Matalan."

Perhaps it's because we are so tolerant and there is discontent and mistrust on both sides, that Britain is Europes breeding ground for Islamic terrorism.

Just wondering how many times this thread with all it's keywords has flashed up on GCHQ's computers today.

". Bearing that in mind,the banning of it is a small price to pay if it gives just one degree of extra safety and security to the people of this country.

Any Muslim who genuinely wants to integrate into our society would surely find it well worth the sacrifice.

Speechless!! "

Why speechless?

Go to Dewsbury market and try to strike up a conversation with a woman wearing a Burka,you'll probably find that its they who will be speechless.

Either that or they won't understand a word your saying,even though many will have lived here for several years.

Do you call that integration?

"The lads who carried out the London bombings never needed to hide their identities to kill all those people.

All the burkha wearer is doing is bringing attention to herself when entering a high security area, the bomb is more likely to be carried by the 21 year old British born Pakistani wearing the jacket he brought from Matalan.

Perhaps it's because we are so tolerant and there is discontent and mistrust on both sides, that Britain is Europes breeding ground for Islamic terrorism.

Just wondering how many times this thread with all it's keywords has flashed up on GCHQ's computers today. "

The chaps at MI5....are all choking on their custard creams as we speak...

I dont think that a total ban of the Burkha should be put in place but I do however think that in certain situations it should be restricted.

School teaches etc shouldnt be allowed to wear them, nor should they be allowed in an area where security is a priority (incl banks, airports etc)

If, however a muslim lady wants to walk around the street shopping, or around her neighbourhood with fellow muslims then I see no wrong in that.

Gets my goat that people that wear Muslim symbols of religion are allowed to wear them, yet christians who wear the crucifix have to remove them as its a Health & Safety issue!

Last week, I was in Manchester and a lady wearing a burkha crossed the road by where I was working. She did look both ways but was inches from been run down by a car that was not speeding etc. She just didnt see him.

So whos fault would it of been if the driver hadnt of swerved and braked to miss her?

Steve

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 31/03/10 14:35:32]

Forum Mod

"

Just wondering how many times this thread with all it's keywords has flashed up on GCHQ's computers today.

The chaps at MI5....are all choking on their custard creams as we speak... "

And then choking their turkeys perving all the pics on here

Torquay

". Speechless!!

Why speechless?

Go to Dewsbury market and try to strike up a conversation with a woman wearing a Burka,you'll probably find that its they who will be speechless.

Either that or they won't understand a word your saying,even though many will have lived here for several years.

Do you call that integration?"

So all the Brits that go to live in Spain (hundreds of thousands) learn to speak Spanish?

My best friends live on Ibiza, neither of them speak more than a few words of Spanish despite having lived in Ibiza Town since 2003.

Call that intergration either?

Barnstaple

"

And then choking their turkeys perving all the pics on here "

And I'm sure they could get access to all areas, lol!

just been reading this message so i thought it would be apropriate to slip in a news artical which may explain things in full

Mr Copé has argued a total should be enforced not on religious but security grounds.

The Council of State said that a total ban could not be based on “public security” as the Islamic veil posed no “specific” threat to public order per se.

However, it did not rule out making it compulsory to uncover the face in certain places to check the identity or age of the wearer, such as in courts, polling stations, or town halls for weddings.

Police could also be given special powers to ban face coverings in zones where there was as “high risk” of public disorder, such as in train stations, sports venues, international conferences, museums, jewellers or banks.

Secular laws in France already forbid the use of full body garments for public servants, in schools or in businesses where they would hamper work.

France has an estimated six million Muslims, Europe’s largest minority, but as few as 2,000 women are believed to wear the burka in France. However, the UMP orchestrated a debate over its presence in France in the run up to regional elections earlier this month in which it was trounced by the Socialists and Greens.

i also found this very helpful guide on the net:

Dress Code in Iran

Men

Shorts are not acceptable.

Wearing ties or bows is not a problem.

T-shirts are acceptable.

Women

Obeying Islamic rules including Hijab or Islamic dress-code is necessary in Iran. However these rules are not observed very strict, especially for tourists and foreigners. You must not worry about maintaining your hijab , since in times you have forgotten about it, the maximum penalty will be a request (usually in a kind way) to make it correct.

There are some minimum requirements for foreign women dress-code in public places :

1. Color : It's a completely false belief that wearing must be dark in Iran. There is no limitation in this respect and we recommend you make sure using light colors in summer.

2. Head : Hair should be covered. It does not mean you shall have a tight scarf around your head. Don't worry, It is very usual that some parts remain out of the cover. It's quite acceptable for women to allow whips of their hair to frame their face. Appropriate hats & caps can do this function as well as scarves. Scarf is the most common covering for head and is called "Roosari" in Farsi.

3. Body : Should be covered with loose clothes like man shirt, coat or manteau. Arms should not be bare.

4. Legs & feet : Legs should be covered down to ankles. Feets can be bare and you can wear sandals. Tight jeans are no problem.

Tip1 : In summer and hot weather, you can cheat(!) and not wear shirt under your coat/manteau. Who understands?!

Tip2 : In winter time, apart from covering the head, the rest is the same as what you wear in your home country.

Tip3 : You better enter Iran with a coat and a scarf and select your style by watching the Iranian women in the streets.

Tip 4 : Once a chador is needed, like in holy places, it will be given upon entrance.

Tip 5 : Following the dress-code is necessary form the time of on-boarding international flights. On Iranian Flights, it is usually requested when the plane enters the Iranian boundaries.

based on how there are dress codes in different countries expecialy the country of origin for this problem i dont think we are asking a lot as a nation for the face to be uncovered where they are giving tourists strict instructions on how to dress why canty we? i dont have particularly strong views one way or another but i cant help but think that the uk is a bit of a push over when it comes to things like this

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Hang on just had thought here. Hoodies were banned not too long ago weren't they? At least in places like garage forcourts and shopping malls. Maybe the same could be used for burkas?

I think your average muslim woman walking along the streets of Luton wearing a burkha isn't doing so to carry out a 'happy slap' or a street robbery."

But how do you when you can't see who is underneath it?

"

And I'm sure they could get access to all areas, lol! "

Good Afternoon Mr Bond...where do I get my application form lol

Barnstaple

". Speechless!!

Why speechless?

So all the Brits that go to live in Spain (hundreds of thousands) learn to speak Spanish?

My best friends live on Ibiza, neither of them speak more than a few words of Spanish despite having lived in Ibiza Town since 2003.

"

I've lived and worked in Saudi and Spain, learned a little Arabic and little Spanish and tried to integrate and on the whole was welcomed for at least making an attempt.

"

And I'm sure they could get access to all areas, lol! "

OOOOhHHH...shite...busted again...Private pics of me binge eating flumps..in my Burka....

"

And I'm sure they could get access to all areas, lol!

Good Afternoon Mr Bond...where do I get my application form lol "

Not many jobs goig at GCHQ just now..i checked...lol

Torquay

Because we are a tolerant society, Iran cannot say the same.

They are a repressive regime, we are a country that practices votes for all, equality for women, the right to practice your own religion.

They are not

[Removed by poster at 31/03/10 14:47:56]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think this strayed to terrorists rather then what the issue was.

If I had a hoodie on or a cap most shopping places wouldn't let me in..........so why is it any different with someone who covers themselves top to bottom.

"Last week, I was in Manchester and a lady wearing a burkha crossed the road by where I was working. She did look both ways but was inches from been run down by a car that was not speeding etc. She just didnt see him.

So whos fault would it of been if the driver hadnt of swerved and braked to miss her?

Steve"

I'm not sure I would have swerved OR braked... too hard.. hehehe

Forum Mod

O o O oo

lol @ HPC with the choking turkeys lol

"Because we are a tolerant society, Iran cannot say the same.

They are a repressive regime, we are a country that practices votes for all, equality for women, the right to practice your own religion.

They are not"

And let's face it, you gotta have a bit of a death wish to want to go to Iran or Iraq anyway!

They are not

And let's face it, you gotta have a bit of a death wish to want to go to Iran or Iraq anyway! "

Nearly got to go to Iran with work a few years ago...sadly client pulled out of the business deal they were doing...lol...will go there and have a nosey about one day....will try and stay out of gaol

Torquay

"I think this strayed to terrorists rather then what the issue was.

If I had a hoodie on or a cap most shopping places wouldn't let me in..........so why is it any different with someone who covers themselves top to bottom."

Those old words 'The Management reserve the right to refuse entry'....

but has got me wondering what shopping centres don't allow people to wear a baseball cap?

Maybe if we never had all these scallywags and junkies stealing so much we wouldn't have people scared of hoodies.

Torquay

They are not

And let's face it, you gotta have a bit of a death wish to want to go to Iran or Iraq anyway! "

I would avoid it like the plague

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If I had a hoodie on or a cap most shopping places wouldn't let me in..........so why is it any different with someone who covers themselves top to bottom.

but has got me wondering what shopping centres don't allow people to wear a baseball cap?

Maybe if we never had all these scallywags and junkies stealing so much we wouldn't have people scared of hoodies."

Yeah there are a few shops who don't allow caps, mainly as they can't see a face on a camera if they had to trace them.

Then I suppose the same logic would apply to burkhas.

Barnstaple

Maybe if we never had all these scallywags and junkies stealing so much we wouldn't have people scared of hoodies."

Exactly, just proves that everyones has their fair share of arseholes. My Muslim mate was beaten to near death with a cricket bat and size tens by a group of young white adult scum. You'd think he'd be resentful, but he recognises it for what it was.

Barnstaple

Maybe if we never had all these scallywags and junkies stealing so much we wouldn't have people scared of hoodies.

Exactly, just proves that everyones has their fair share of arseholes. My Muslim mate was beaten to near death with a cricket bat and size tens by a group of young white adult scum. You'd think he'd be resentful, but he recognises it for what it was."

Btw, he was nine years old when this happened

Forum Mod

O o O oo

With regard to integration, complying with local laws etc...

If I go to Saudi Arabia...I know not to drink, or show too much amorous affection in public

If I go to Israel...I know that at certain places I'll have to cover my head, wear long trousers etc

And the list could go on.

In UK there are no laws (that I am aware of) that say that people are not allowed to practice their religions, or to wear national/local dress to them.

We are, last time I looked, a multi cultural society, and regardless of what we may think as individuals think, we have thrown open the doors to welcome anyone of any race, colour, religious persuasion etc.

Again, regardless of individual opinion, we did sign up to the European Convention Of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, and we did incorporate this into UK law in the late 90's.

We also introduced equality (both sexual and racial) legislation, and I am not sure there are many here that would suggest this legislation was wrong?

Why then, should we discriminate against those muslims who wish to wear their burka in public any more than we should legislate to discriminate against fat blokes walking about in the summer displaying their beer bellies?

Burka wearing women are about as likely to be sat in the high street with TNT strapped to them as a garden gnome is likely to be hiding a bomb down at the local garden centre.

Western governments have to tread very carefully on the issue of banning burkhas as even though there are hundreds of legitimate reasons for banning them, the Muslims can always cite religious intolerance to oppose such a ban, and that's where the govt are on a sticky wicket. The only way we can impose such a ban is to become a hard line Christian state and demand that any such paraphenalia is contradictory to Christian Law and is hence not permitted - but we all know that this will never happen.

My own personal views on the Muslim -v- Christian debate is that eventually it will come to a head - we're human and, like we've always done in the past when there is a deep dividing issue, we'll end fighting for it. I honestly believe that at some point in mankind's future there will be a Religious War encompassing the entire planet. Our inability to live in harmony despite our obvious differences has always provided the reason for men to wage war.

Torquay

"With regard to integration, complying with local laws etc...

If I go to Saudi Arabia...I know not to drink, or show too much amorous affection in public

If I go to Israel...I know that at certain places I'll have to cover my head, wear long trousers etc

In UK there are no laws (that I am aware of) that say that people are not allowed to practice their religions, or to wear national/local dress to them.

We are, last time I looked, a multi cultural society, and regardless of what we may think as individuals think, we have thrown open the doors to welcome anyone of any race, colour, religious persuasion etc.

Again, regardless of individual opinion, we did sign up to the European Convention Of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, and we did incorporate this into UK law in the late 90's.

We also introduced equality (both sexual and racial) legislation, and I am not sure there are many here that would suggest this legislation was wrong?

Why then, should we discriminate against those muslims who wish to wear their burka in public any more than we should legislate to discriminate against fat blokes walking about in the summer displaying their beer bellies?

Burka wearing women are about as likely to be sat in the high street with TNT strapped to them as a garden gnome is likely to be hiding a bomb down at the local garden centre."

Well done Stu....you have managed to put into one post what I have struggled to put in twenty on the subject.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"With regard to integration, complying with local laws etc...

Burka wearing women are about as likely to be sat in the high street with TNT strapped to them as a garden gnome is likely to be hiding a bomb down at the local garden centre."

While I agree with most of your post and a very good post it is too......but I don't think anyone suggested that a woman wearing a burkha would have a hidden bomb.

Now while I would also agree that there are no laws passed on what clothes we can all wear, but in certain areas people cannot wear clothes that would hide their faces for various reasons, so I think that should apply to everyone.

Barnstaple

"Western governments have to tread very carefully on the issue of banning burkhas as even though there are hundreds of legitimate reasons for banning them, the Muslims can always cite religious intolerance to oppose such a ban, and that's where the govt are on a sticky wicket. The only way we can impose such a ban is to become a hard line Christian state and demand that any such paraphenalia is contradictory to Christian Law and is hence not permitted - but we all know that this will never happen.

My own personal views on the Muslim -v- Christian debate is that eventually it will come to a head - we're human and, like we've always done in the past when there is a deep dividing issue, we'll end fighting for it. I honestly believe that at some point in mankind's future there will be a Religious War encompassing the entire planet. Our inability to live in harmony despite our obvious differences has always provided the reason for men to wage war."

As these aren't religious garments, I guess the issue of this thread is, should they be banned in the same way you can't walk into a bank wearing a balaclava, or a crash helmet. Or my son can't go into a shopping center in a hoodie, or a baseball cap. Isn't it all about equality?????

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS I would be very surprised if a law would ever get passed on it anyway.

moston

Funny, when I heard the news and started this thread I did not for one minute think of terrorism or integration into this country. I know full well that the best way to infiltrate any place is to blend in.

I also know that those who choose to wear the burka have no intention in integrating. Now this may sound callus but I have no problem with this, if someone comes to live in OUR country and then chooses to set up a racial or national ghetto that is up to them and they can get on with it, PROVIDED they accept that they have to obey our laws and either learn our language or they loose their right to access OUR social security system, and that includes the NHS, or they should have to provide and pay for their own interpreters if they want to access services.

My personal belief is that everyone should be equal under the law and that nobody should feel that they have a right to be treated any differently to the rest of us on the grounds of race, nationality, religion or economic status.

There is no such thing as positive discrimination; there is only discrimination in my view! I am fed up of the widening 2 tier Britton that is being set up in this country that always favours the minority.

Maybe I am stupid, but I think we are all being right royally screwed in the name of political correctness, and multi-culturisum. The reason that this country has had such a good reputation all over the world is because everyone was equal in the eyes of the law, this is no longer the case and we need to put this right.

Or at least that is my belief.

". Speechless!!

Why speechless?

"

No I don't.

However,I do know that if we were going to live in a non English speaking country,European or otherwise,we'd learn the language before we went for the benefit of ourselves and the locals.

Thats what true integration is all about,benefiting each other.

Barnstaple

"Funny, when I heard the news and started this thread I did not for one minute think of terrorism or integration into this country. I know full well that the best way to infiltrate any place is to blend in.

I also know that those who choose to wear the burka have no intention in integrating. Now this may sound callus but I have no problem with this, if someone comes to live in OUR country and then chooses to set up a racial or national ghetto that is up to them and they can get on with it, PROVIDED they accept that they have to obey our laws and either learn our language or they loose their right to access OUR social security system, and that includes the NHS, or they should have to provide and pay for their own interpreters if they want to access services.

My personal belief is that everyone should be equal under the law and that nobody should feel that they have a right to be treated any differently to the rest of us on the grounds of race, nationality, religion or economic status.

There is no such thing as positive discrimination; there is only discrimination in my view! I am fed up of the widening 2 tier Britton that is being set up in this country that always favours the minority.

Maybe I am stupid, but I think we are all being right royally screwed in the name of political correctness, and multi-culturisum. The reason that this country has had such a good reputation all over the world is because everyone was equal in the eyes of the law, this is no longer the case and we need to put this right.

Or at least that is my belief.

"

Well said.

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

"Can't see why any one would want to ban a particular piece of clothing - if these women want to wear them then let them, I would imagine that some want to wear it and some are forced to but it's still nothing to do with Government - what ever next? A ban on dungarees? Z"

oh come on eileen!!!!

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 31/03/10 15:32:46]

most women who wear these head gear in the west are just wearing them to prove a point as they are in a country like ou rs, they woudn,t b quick to mouth off if they lived in iran or the yemon where they abuse women pity there are not many women on here defending these women muslim only have 2 cover the hair not the hole face but its the muslim men who make them

"

I WANT ONE.."

me too!!

imagine how quick a que would move if you were standing there in the burkha with a backpack and your i pod ear phone cables dangling lol!!!

i dont really care who wears what its there choice to me its no worse than a size 24 girl in wet look leggings!

obviously for security there needs to be somethin in place where the veil whatever can be removed its sad but its a sign of the time that we need to be security concious xx

I think if everyone was honest and saw these Muslim women uncovered we'd be forming a queue a mile long down at Whitehall pressing a law for them to be covered up again. They've all got moustaches just like their husbands you know!

By *ishful.thinkingWoman  over a year ago

east london

"

The newspapers did report that, but not so sure if that was confirmed by the security agencies....trouble is we have the press printing all sorts of crap just to get headlines."

Says more about processes and systems than anything else.

During exam periods at work we always have a female member of staff available to check the id of students wearing a veil after they have signed into the exam. To date we have not come across someone trying to pull a fast one by substituting people.

pardon me for being naive .....

Is crime ever carried out by non burkah wearers ?

If not .... then i'll start worrying about the burkah.

"I think if everyone was honest and saw these Muslim women uncovered we'd be forming a queue a mile long down at Whitehall pressing a law for them to be covered up again. They've all got moustaches just like their husbands you know! "

Didn't I mention...problem skin...well said that man...add..troublesome stubburn...facial hair....think of the money we can save girls on immac and make up...

Maybe we should campaign for the compulsory wearing of burkas...for all mingers...male,and female....what ever their religion...its a human rights issue...these mingers are an eyesore..just my 2p

its no more offence to me than wearing stripes with spots,

By *entscotscplCouple  over a year ago

falkirk ish

b an it ban it ban it

if they dont want to adhere to british law then send them back to thier country of origin

after all when we visit other countries we do respect thier laws etc

we dont try and get it changed do we ?

By *entscotscplCouple  over a year ago

falkirk ish

either that or they need to wear them as they are soooooooooo ugly

llf

you ever been to some parts of spain?? it more british there than here at times lol xx

Bolton

Why would you want to ban the wearing of this piece of clothing - they aren't breaking any laws at all.

Torquay

"b an it ban it ban it

if they dont want to adhere to british law then send them back to thier country of origin

after all when we visit other countries we do respect thier laws etc

we dont try and get it changed do we ?"

So exactly what law are they breaking?

This is way too easy, like shooting fish in a barrel.....

Bolton

What about the turbans that Sikh's wear, or Rastas colourful hats, or the Yarmulkes some Jews wear? Where would this end? Z

"I think if everyone was honest and saw these Muslim women uncovered we'd be forming a queue a mile long down at Whitehall pressing a law for them to be covered up again. They've all got moustaches just like their husbands you know!

Didn't I mention...problem skin...well said that man...add..troublesome stubburn...facial hair....think of the money we can save girls on immac and make up...

Maybe we should campaign for the compulsory wearing of burkas...for all mingers...male,and female....what ever their religion...its a human rights issue...these mingers are an eyesore..just my 2p "

I couldn't agree more but why stop there, let's sterilise the ugly twats so they can't reproduce either! hehehe

"What about the turbans that Sikh's wear, or Rastas colourful hats, or the Yarmulkes some Jews wear? Where would this end? Z"

At it's logical conclusion - anyone with hair will be banned. We'll all be forced to shave our heads and go around bald. Sommat sexy about a woman with a shaven head - sort of prison-issue like. I like that thought.

Forum Mod

"its no more offence to me than wearing stripes with spots,"

Im sorry but stripes with spots is almost offensive as dungarees

By *ishful.thinkingWoman  over a year ago

east london

"its no more offence to me than wearing stripes with spots,

Im sorry but stripes with spots is almost offensive as dungarees "

now have images of veiled clowns - not good

"I think if everyone was honest and saw these Muslim women uncovered we'd be forming a queue a mile long down at Whitehall pressing a law for them to be covered up again. They've all got moustaches just like their husbands you know!

Maybe we should campaign for the compulsory wearing of burkas...for all mingers...male,and female....what ever their religion...its a human rights issue...these mingers are an eyesore..just my 2p

I couldn't agree more but why stop there, let's sterilise the ugly twats so they can't reproduce either! hehehe "

Wishy...you utter fascist....sterilizing mingers....NO NEED..they will eventually die out....survival of the prettiest....

"its no more offence to me than wearing stripes with spots,

Im sorry but stripes with spots is almost offensive as dungarees "

AAAArrrrrggghhh.....my god thats the ultimate fashion crime....Dont you read the fashion pages of "Take a Break"...

I couldn't agree more but why stop there, let's sterilise the ugly twats so they can't reproduce either! hehehe

Wishy...you utter fascist....sterilizing mingers....NO NEED..they will eventually die out....survival of the prettiest.... "

so what's wrong with giving nature a helping hand to speed up the process then huh huh huh?

By *iyuWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

It will be about as enforcable as the proposed no smoking allowed in personal vehicles!

Wishy...you utter fascist....sterilizing mingers....NO NEED..they will eventually die out....survival of the prettiest....

so what's wrong with giving nature a helping hand to speed up the process then huh huh huh? "

AAAggghh...you are such a MAN...flounces off to the biscuit tin in frustration...shaking head...

Bolton

just realised what needs to be done - everyone has to wear grey overalls - have shaved heads - no adornment allowed AT ALL - no free will or 'ideas' - no religion is to be followed - erm - any one see any flaws yet? Z

"just realised what needs to be done - everyone has to wear grey overalls - have shaved heads - no adornment allowed AT ALL - no free will or 'ideas' - no religion is to be followed - erm - any one see any flaws yet? Z"

Sounds ideal. Not too sure about the no adornment rule though as I like my leather scrotum strap!! Siren does too as it makes my balls slap hard against her labias when I'm shagging her from behind!!

Sod your plan, we ain't giving that up!!!

"just realised what needs to be done - everyone has to wear grey overalls - have shaved heads - no adornment allowed AT ALL - no free will or 'ideas' - no religion is to be followed - erm - any one see any flaws yet? Z"

Used to it...it sounds like where I work.....

Bolton

"just realised what needs to be done - everyone has to wear grey overalls - have shaved heads - no adornment allowed AT ALL - no free will or 'ideas' - no religion is to be followed - erm - any one see any flaws yet? Z

Sounds ideal. Not too sure about the no adornment rule though as I like my leather scrotum strap!! Siren does too as it makes my balls slap hard against her labias when I'm shagging her from behind!!

Sod your plan, we ain't giving that up!!! "

Well - if it's hidden then you'd be fine! Z

"just realised what needs to be done - everyone has to wear grey overalls - have shaved heads - no adornment allowed AT ALL - no free will or 'ideas' - no religion is to be followed - erm - any one see any flaws yet? Z

Sod your plan, we ain't giving that up!!!

Well - if it's hidden then you'd be fine! Z"

But these new body scanners will see it! I'm fucked ain't I? There's something horny about going through officialdom and when they ask, "Are you carrying any concealed items?" you think, "Ah, if only you knew!"

Bolton

Sorry to drag this one up again, but I still haven't had a satisfactory reply to the question of WHY people want this item of clothing to be banned. If you think it should be banned, i am really interested to hear the reasons why. Thank you in advance. Z

moston

OK I started this, so I will say again as it is effectively illegal for me to walk down a street wearing a full face mask, nor can I enter a bank or building society with my face covered I do not believe that anyone should be allowed claim that right on the grounds of religion.

In my view it’s a matter of equality under the law, and that means that we should all be treated the same way regardless of colour, nationality or religion.

If you want to know what I mean, as a biker you will no doubt have a balaclava, why not try and follow a person wearing a burka into a bank wile wearing your balaclava and see what happens.

I bet that if you object too much you will get arrested under the public order act and maybe accused of being racist!

Bolton

OK - so in your case it's purely for security reasons? Z

"Sorry to drag this one up again, but I still haven't had a satisfactory reply to the question of WHY people want this item of clothing to be banned. If you think it should be banned, i am really interested to hear the reasons why. Thank you in advance. Z"

I think it should be banned for a number of reasons:

1) It is against the culture of their adopting country (The UK) to disguise facial features in conversation.

2) It is discriminatory against me because I cannot enter a petrol station, bank or post office with my face hidden.

3) It is alien to the concept of integration into our society because by its very nature it is divisive.

4) In the current security climate where the terror threat is very real and comes from the Muslim race it is against all basic security precautions to allow vast numbers of people to be unidentifiable in public to the point that the person under the gear could be male or female.

Those are the reasons why I think it should be banned.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"In my view it’s a matter of equality under the law"

Does it really matter? in all honesty, does it?

Why can't people just live and let live?

"In my view it’s a matter of equality under the law

Does it really matter? in all honesty, does it?

Why can't people just live and let live? "

We can, because we are a tolerant and compliant nation of people. Unfortunately there are people who are not and who are dedicating their lives to the introduction of alien religious laws into this country.

there are some people who should be forced to wear one for the sake of the rest of us!! xx

"there are some people who should be forced to wear one for the sake of the rest of us!! xx "

Sounds a bit of a sn*bby statement to me

moston

"OK - so in your case it's purely for security reasons? Z"

I am sure I have already answered this but here I go again.

No this is not about security, it is not about intolerance.

It is purely and simply about equality under the law.

I do not believe that ANYONE should be treated as “special cases” because of race or religion!

You live in Bolton, you may want to check out how much it has cost you so that a sheik (who did not have to be riot trained) gets to do the training but does not have to wear a riot helmet that everyone else does have to wear!

Just to help you, there was the race/religious discrimination hearing

The compensation awarded to the little shit

The cost of a special health and safety assessment for him

The extra insurance costs to cover him if injured

All paid for by us so he can play hard man in a turban!

Of course I am sure that you are totally happy that if you choose to ride without a helmet you commit an offence, but not a sheik!

At what point do we the majority say if you want to live here abide by our laws!

BTW I believe the cost to GMP has been around £2.5million+ the ongoing costs. That’s about £10 per household in Greater Manchester so far or how many police officers on the beat?

I would respectfully suggest that we all need to grow a collective backbone and tell all these “special interest groups” that everyone has to be equally subject to the same laws.

I'm surprised people don't know the difference between religon and race!

Then again not really: it's inciteful as no one says Catholic race now do they?!!

"4) In the current security climate where the terror threat is very real and comes from the Muslim race it is against all basic security precautions to allow vast numbers of people to be unidentifiable in public to the point that the person under the gear could be male or female.

Those are the reasons why I think it should be banned."

Dont think you can use the security issue as a reason.

The IRA carried out a succesful bombing campaign in England most probably without wearing there trade mark Balaclava's....

"4) In the current security climate where the terror threat is very real and comes from the Muslim race it is against all basic security precautions to allow vast numbers of people to be unidentifiable in public to the point that the person under the gear could be male or female.

The IRA carried out a succesful bombing campaign in England most probably without wearing there trade mark Balaclava's...."

In those days we did not have the same surveillance sophistication that we have today. You can be identified and arrested in any town centre in the UK for the most trivial of offences - unless you are a Burka wearing Muslim.

moston

The IRA carried out a succesful bombing campaign in England most probably without wearing there trade mark Balaclava's...."

I agree with you, there is only one watertight reason to control the wearing of the burka in public, and that is that EVERYONE regardless of race or religion must be equally subject to the law, and that race or religion should not be acceptable defences for any actions!

I totally agree that no-one should be forced to wear things like that, but I've read a few of the earlier comments on this and when I see the usual stuff about 'choice' and 'human rights'.

There's many criminals who would 'choose' to hide their faces if they could, but we in the UK expect to go out and to be able to see people's faces in our 'normal' everyday lives. The face and it's expressions also communicate a lot of information about mood and personality, which can be very useful in knowing when someone needs help and when it's better to give them space.

What happens when one person's choice to hide has an effect on another person's right to know?

"there are some people who should be forced to wear one for the sake of the rest of us!! xx

Sounds a bit of a sn*bby statement to me "

nah not snobby just prejudice against ugly people!! xx

All this they should'nt wear the Burka comes from the hysteria of 9/11 & our own London bombings....

How many ppl were shouting the odds about face coverings before this all happened?

"All this they should'nt wear the Burka comes from the hysteria of 9/11 & our own London bombings....

How many ppl were shouting the odds about face coverings before this all happened?"

Well they are a pretty good couple of reasons to change anyone's mind.

"

Well they are a pretty good couple of reasons to change anyone's mind."

I don't believe the pilots of these planes were wearing burka's. It is more about the colour of their skin than the veils they were for their religious beliefs.

Don't stop with the burka, ban shell suits, adidas trainers and that should solve knife crime.

moston

"All this they should'nt wear the Burka comes from the hysteria of 9/11 & our own London bombings....

How many ppl were shouting the odds about face coverings before this all happened?"

Not in my case.

It comes from a growing anger over years as I see minorities use our equality laws to twist everything that used to make this country such a wonderful place.

Why can a Muslim walk down a road dressed from head to foot in a shapeless garment that hides all their features without being stopped by the police and forced to revile their faces. While if anyone else did the same they would be subject to an immediate stop and search, and I believe in most cases arrest under the public order act or the PACE until their identities had been confirmed.

As for people shouting the odds over face covering and other acts of positive discrimination, it’s been going on for years only we used to be shouted down as racists.

Torquay

How many ppl were shouting the odds about face coverings before this all happened?

Not in my case.

It comes from a growing anger over years as I see minorities use our equality laws to twist everything that used to make this country such a wonderful place.

Why can a Muslim walk down a road dressed from head to foot in a shapeless garment that hides all their features without being stopped by the police and forced to revile their faces. While if anyone else did the same they would be subject to an immediate stop and search, and I believe in most cases arrest under the public order act or the PACE until their identities had been confirmed.

As for people shouting the odds over face covering and other acts of positive discrimination, it’s been going on for years only we used to be shouted down as racists.

"

Well you could walk down the road in a full gown yourself with your face covered.....give it a try, the police would have no idea you are a non feckin' Muslim.....and a bloke dressed in womens clothing!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

What about if I walk down the street with a balaclava on.......I am guessing that would attract a few police and I would be told to take it off.

better idea,keep burka,get rid of fca's wearing them

Torquay

"What about if I walk down the street with a balaclava on.......I am guessing that would attract a few police and I would be told to take it off.

"

Probably not when it's snowing

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Will try it then and see.

The 5 lads who got stopped in the street with hoodies on by the police, were all told to take them down as they wanted to chat to them, so I am assuming a balaclava would be asked to be removed.

I wonder if I refused or those lads had refused, what would have happened.

Torquay

Give it a go.....then report back to us and we will know.

"What about if I walk down the street with a balaclava on.......I am guessing that would attract a few police and I would be told to take it off.

"

Walk into a bank and I'll lay money that they won't serve you ..

"Will try it then and see.

The 5 lads who got stopped in the street with hoodies on by the police, were all told to take them down as they wanted to chat to them, so I am assuming a balaclava would be asked to be removed.

I wonder if I refused or those lads had refused, what would have happened."

Probably be removed to the station to be positively identified then maybe a charge of 'Obstucting a police officer in the course of his duty' ?

By *illyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

i dont get served at petrol stations untill i take my motorbike helmet off-for security and safety yet the lady-i think its a lady(cant tell cause i cant see her face) is served fuel!!!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am sure you can already guess what the answer would be

I think the problem is what will says, it is about being treated the same way as everyone else. Everyone should have the same treatment.

I don't think the burkha or any clothes should be banned, but equal rights should be compulsory.

If hoodies or people with hats , balaclavas, crash helmets can't use some facilities, then people with burkha's shouldn't be able to either.

Sadly everytime anything is mentioned to do with a different race, there will always be people who will pull the race card plus defend to the death as it is more PC that way.

I think everyone has the right to be treated the same.

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 01/04/10 22:05:33]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Probably be removed to the station to be positively identified then maybe a charge of 'Obstucting a police officer in the course of his duty' ?"

Exactly Redhot..and no doubt even the people who are all for PC would secretly know the answer too.

Torquay

Lets be serious here for a minute, experience tells us that on multiple occasions in the past people have walked into banks, post offices and building societies and robbed them whilst wearing masks/balaclavas/hoods.

Same goes for lads in hoodies mugging thousands of people on our streets in the past.

This is a common fact.

What, as far as I know at least, is not a known occurance is a Muslim woman walking into any financial institution in the UK and robbing it at gunpoint whilst wearing a burkha.

If you can show me any evidence that this is a common occurance, or has ever happened once....then I will see your point.

It's not a case of other members being 'pc' more that they see the obvious here.

Probably be removed to the station to be positively identified then maybe a charge of 'Obstucting a police officer in the course of his duty' ?

Exactly Redhot..and no doubt even the people who are all for PC would secretly know the answer too."

Of course they can see it but they choose not to admit the fact in an effort to further reinforce their PC stance.

When in Rome ....

"Lets be serious here for a minute, experience tells us that on multiple occasions in the past people have walked into banks, post offices and building societies and robbed them whilst wearing masks/balaclavas/hoods.

"

Yeah but these people usually walk in with a sawn off shotgun, not leaving too much room for negotiation ..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 01/04/10 22:17:28]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Lets be serious here for a minute, experience tells us that on multiple occasions in the past people have walked into banks, post offices and building societies and robbed them whilst wearing masks/balaclavas/hoods.

Same goes for lads in hoodies mugging thousands of people on our streets in the past.

This is a common fact.

What, as far as I know at least, is not a known occurance is a Muslim woman walking into any financial institution in the UK and robbing it at gunpoint whilst wearing a burkha.

If you can show me any evidence that this is a common occurance, or has ever happened once....then I will see your point.

It's not a case of other members being 'pc' more that they see the obvious here.

"

Who isn't being serious?

As hoodies and hats etc cover peoples faces, that is why they are not allowed into certain areas....burkhas do the same thing.

I am seeing an "obvious" connection of it has nothing to do with what is covering their faces, but that it is something that is covering their faces, whoever is behind it....it isn't about who has ever done the most thieving if any.

Barnstaple

[Removed by poster at 01/04/10 22:23:53]

Torquay

"

Of course they can see it but they choose not to admit the fact in an effort to further reinforce their PC stance.

When in Rome .... "

Nothing to do with being PC, everything to do with having opinions of our own.

Barnstaple

This is a common fact.

Who isn't being serious?

As hoodies and hats etc cover peoples faces, that is why they are not allowed into certain areas....burkhas do the same thing.

I am seeing an "obvious" connection of it has nothing to do with what is covering their faces, but that it is something that is covering their faces, whoever is behind it....it isn't about who has ever done the most thieving if any."

It's a fair point that Jane had. It's what happens when you start banning things just because your frightened of what it might reprisent. A hoodie doesn't make a hood, anymore than a burkhas means there's a terrorist or terrorist supporter beneath one.

I wonder how many Asians get stopped just because of the colour of their skin in light of 7/7. In the interest of a fair debate, is there any on here?

I think one of the things that make the British great is that we believe in fair play surely. Perhaps we should stop banning everything, stop listening to the media as if it's Gospel and stop be frightened of our own shadows????

Forum Mod

O o O oo

And have the same treatment for everyone?

Exactly 'Dand' - fair play, which means if we have to wear crash helmets, so do Seikhs, if we have to uncover our faces whilst in certain establishments, so should everyone else - regardless of religion.

I'm all for fair play ..

Barnstaple

"And have the same treatment for everyone? "

Yes, but we as a society were the ones that banned hoodies, not Muslims.

There are many things that are unfair and unequal, like pensioners that have worked their whole lives and can't afford to feed and heat themselves, and so and so on....

Hoddies, burkhas, etc, it's a distraction from the real issues and what we are really talking about is FEAR! Why don't we have more Police instead, why don't we give the security service unlimited budgets - because we want things like an NHS and so, we don't have a bottomless pit of money and we don't want to pay more in out taxes.

Barnstaple

"Exactly 'Dand' - fair play, which means if we have to wear crash helmets, so do Seikhs, if we have to uncover our faces whilst in certain establishments, so should everyone else - regardless of religion.

I'm all for fair play .."

I agree, but thn surely you should prtest about too much regulation. And I understand why you should uncover in certain establishments. But are we just saying, "it's not fair", sounds it little like my teenage son. And you're right it's not, but in the grand scheme of things does it really matter that much???

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"And have the same treatment for everyone?

There are many things that are unfair and unequal, like pensioners that have worked their whole lives and can't afford to feed and heat themselves, and so and so on....

Hoddies, burkhas, etc, it's a distraction from the real issues and what we are really talking about is FEAR! Why don't we have more Police instead, why don't we give the security service unlimited budgets - because we want things like an NHS and so, we don't have a bottomless pit of money and we don't want to pay more in out taxes."

The reason why shops and the like banned hats etc is because they want to see peoples faces on CCTV if they need to, for whatever reason.

It has nothing to do with fear for the ordinary person in the street.

I didn't fear the woman ( or man because you couldn't tell who was under it) last week who stood behind me in a shop with the burkha on, but I would have been really pissed off if I had had a hat /hoodie or balaclava on and they had thrown me out because of it and she had been allowed to stay and be served.

Making it out to be something else has happened all along this thread, but that just makes people be loath to say what they really want to.....which is, why should there be one rule for one and one for another.

Barnstaple

"Exactly 'Dand' - fair play, which means if we have to wear crash helmets, so do Seikhs, if we have to uncover our faces whilst in certain establishments, so should everyone else - regardless of religion.

I'm all for fair play ..

I agree, but thn surely you should prtest about too much regulation. And I understand why you should uncover in certain establishments. But are we just saying, "it's not fair", sounds it little like my teenage son. And you're right it's not, but in the grand scheme of things does it really matter that much???"

Sorry, I realise I've come full circle from earlier posts, before anyone quotes me. Dag nam it Jane, you've turned me lol.

Torquay

"And have the same treatment for everyone? "

As a matter of interest you cannot enter many UK establishments wearing any kind of veil, you can no longer enter Passport Control wearing one....you cannot enter a Crown Court or High Court wearing one...you cannot enter any UK military establishment wearing one....you cannot enter any Metroplitan Police Staion wearing one.....

You cannot wear a veil whilst teaching in a UK mainstream school anymore....you cannot wear a veil on a hospital ward in England or Wales anymore if you are employed by the hospital.

and as for banks and building societies, they reserve the right to refuse entry to whoever they please in the UK.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

When it gets the same treatment for everyone for EVERY situation, then we will be able to say that everyone is getting the same treatment.

Barnstaple

"And have the same treatment for everyone?

Hoddies, burkhas, etc, it's a distraction from the real issues and what we are really talking about is FEAR! Why don't we have more Police instead, why don't we give the security service unlimited budgets - because we want things like an NHS and so, we don't have a bottomless pit of money and we don't want to pay more in out taxes.

The reason why shops and the like banned hats etc is because they want to see peoples faces on CCTV if they need to, for whatever reason.

It has nothing to do with fear for the ordinary person in the street.

I didn't fear the woman ( or man because you couldn't tell who was under it) last week who stood behind me in a shop with the burkha on, but I would have been really pissed off if I had had a hat /hoodie or balaclava on and they had thrown me out because of it and she had been allowed to stay and be served.

Making it out to be something else has happened all along this thread, but that just makes people be loath to say what they really want to.....which is, why should there be one rule for one and one for another."

I agree with you, it's not fair. But that no reason to penalise another person. Where do you stop????

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Who would you say is being penalised?

Torquay

"When it gets the same treatment for everyone for EVERY situation, then we will be able to say that everyone is getting the same treatment. "

Ask any 18 year old British born black lad in South London if he is getting the same treatment as an 18 year old British born white lad when he gets stopped by the police night after night for walking the streets after dark....

Or the hundreds of British born Indians who were turned away from boarding flights to the US and Canada during the two years after 9/11.....

They don't feel any less let down or any less that they are being treated differently.

Like most things in life, it works both ways.

Barnstaple

"When it gets the same treatment for everyone for EVERY situation, then we will be able to say that everyone is getting the same treatment. "

Oh come on!!!! ...You're talking about the perfect world - it doesn't exist and never will. We can't even agree and I'm sure you get things others don't, or get treated better in certain circles?

This is a common fact.

"

What is obvious is this....that when the indigenous people of a country have to live by a set code or laws and aliens to that country do not....you WILL get animosity leading to division leading to racism,even from people who hitherto didn't have a racist bone in their bodies.

Permitting immigrants,especially muslims in the present climate,to be exempt from laws that the rest of us have to abide by is the fast track to racial intolerance.

And thats the bottom line.

I think we are to liberal in this country and try and please everyone for fear of reprisals.

We certainly wouldnt get the same treatment abroad because we are british.

In fact , sometimes its because we are british that we get an unfair deal.

If we chose to live in a muslim country would be given license to build our churches and wear short skirts and boob tubes etc.

No we wouldnt.

We would have to abide by the laws of the land.

ANd thats how it should be here.

Regardless of culture.

Treat every one the same irispective of religion

Forum Mod

O o O oo

And no white person ever gets stopped for anything?

Sorry jane,this thread has turned into something totally different........which is the race card and sadly they always do if anyone is brave enough to mention anything remotely associated with a different race.

Equal rights for EVERYONE including any person who wants to move to this country and live here is the only way forward.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"When it gets the same treatment for everyone for EVERY situation, then we will be able to say that everyone is getting the same treatment.

Oh come on!!!! ...You're talking about the perfect world - it doesn't exist and never will. We can't even agree and I'm sure you get things others don't, or get treated better in certain circles?"

The equal treatment applied to being able to shop the same way/ use facilities the same way.

Hoodies weren't banned simply because the powers that be thought they were a ridiculous fashio item and people looked proper wallies wearing them. They were banned because they have been identified as an item of clothing that criminals frequently wear to hide their identity quickly. A hood can be worn down, dont forget, which allows its wearing to move about unoticed and then at the moment they wish to proceed with the crime they have meticulously planned they can pull the hood up and mask their identity.

That's hardly the same thing as a woman wearing a burka on a permanent basis is it. She can't quickly whip it off when entering Tesco's and then put it back in place when she wants to plant her bomb in the frozen meat section can she.

It's the same with elections. The argument that the same person can vote many times using the voting cards of female family members because of a burka hiding their identity doesn't stack up when you consider that I don't wear a burka yet when I turn up to vote no checks are made to establish that the person presenting the voting card is the person who's name is on it. It's assumed that because I am in possession of the card that I am it's rightful recipient. But... once that card is used it cannot be used again so it becomes irrelevant who uses it. A political party wins power but it needs an awful lot of fake votes to really be able to rig an election in this country.

Let's look at border control - a security issue. The new body scanners enable officialdom to establish whether the person wearing a burka is a) female and b) carrying a weapon c) not on the 'undesirable' list. No need for ban there.

And lastly, what do you think the role of MI5 & MI6 is exactly?

One deals with homeland security and the other deals with security of the UK from outside the UK. How do you think it is that many atrocities have been prevented from being carried out. Conversely, how is it that 7/7 actually happened if our security forces didn't want it to happen? Think about that.

We now have tighter border controls.

We are the most scrutinised country in the world.

So a few people died on a bus and a train somewhere in London. So what. We have the best security in the world because of it. (I'm being sarcastic here)

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Women who wear the burqa are clearly telling us something. Does anyone have any ideas as to what they are saying to us?

Barnstaple

"I think we are to liberal in this country and try and please everyone for fear of reprisals.

We certainly wouldnt get the same treatment abroad because we are british.

In fact , sometimes its because we are british that we get an unfair deal.

If we chose to live in a muslim country would be given license to build our churches and wear short skirts and boob tubes etc.

No we wouldnt.

We would have to abide by the laws of the land.

ANd thats how it should be here.

Regardless of culture.

Treat every one the same irispective of religion "

When I lived and worked in Saudi I was treated better because I was British, over and above the locals.

And I'm not so sure we are that liberal.

And they do have Christain, Anglican and Catholic churches out there and a lot of Arabs that are Christain.

And apart from the "MAD" secular countries out there, they are more tolerant than we are sometimes.

"Women who wear the burqa are clearly telling us something. Does anyone have any ideas as to what they are saying to us?"

That because of their husbands..we have no right to look at them.

Nowt to do with religion.

Barnstaple

This is a common fact.

What is obvious is this....that when the indigenous people of a country have to live by a set code or laws and aliens to that country do not....you WILL get animosity leading to division leading to racism,even from people who hitherto didn't have a racist bone in their bodies.

Permitting immigrants,especially muslims in the present climate,to be exempt from laws that the rest of us have to abide by is the fast track to racial intolerance.

"

Who's the indiginous race here, my blood is Celtic, does that give me more rights?

"Women who wear the burqa are clearly telling us something. Does anyone have any ideas as to what they are saying to us?"

Yup. They're saying, "I'm happy to wear this garment and if I'm happy wearing it why can't you?"

Be happy that is. Not wear one. Coz I'd look daft in it, coz my eyes are blue and it would clash.

Barnstaple

"Women who wear the burqa are clearly telling us something. Does anyone have any ideas as to what they are saying to us?

Yup. They're saying, "I'm happy to wear this garment and if I'm happy wearing it why can't you?""

Yes, what happened to womens rights to choose for themselves. Next some right wing Christain movement will be banning high heels, because it leads to lewd behaviour and corrupts our youngsters, ...actually, maybe they've got a point, lol.

"Women who wear the burqa are clearly telling us something. Does anyone have any ideas as to what they are saying to us?

Yup. They're saying, "I'm happy to wear this garment and if I'm happy wearing it why can't you?"

Yes, what happened to womens rights to choose for themselves. Next some right wing Christain movement will be banning high heels, because it leads to lewd behaviour and corrupts our youngsters, ...actually, maybe they've got a point, lol. "

Well i knows victoria beckham gonna be crippled with arthritus when she older. lmao

Have to seen them shoes

My only criticism of people wearing veils or burkas etc is that I am the type of person who looks at a person's mouth when they speak to me. I lip read them to a certain extent as I do struggle to hear people properly if I'm not looking at them. That's why I lip read. Any covering of the face prevents me from doing that and if I was in a classroom situation my attention would quickly drift away to something else.

This is a common fact.

Who's the indiginous race here, my blood is Celtic, does that give me more rights?"

I'm also a Celt but we're British Celts aren't we?

They're ugly fuckers and are trying not to scare the shit out of us ???

Barnstaple

This is a common fact.

Who's the indiginous race here, my blood is Celtic, does that give me more rights?

I'm also a Celt but we're British Celts aren't we? "

Are we, or are French, gawd forbid????

Barnstaple

This is a common fact.

Are we, or are French, gawd forbid???? "

My point being, the British are a real melting pot of races, including Arabic.

They're ugly fuckers and are trying not to scare the shit out of us ???"

More likely....."This bloody outfit does my head in but my insecure old man won't let me wear owt else!"

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

This is a common fact.

I'm also a Celt but we're British Celts aren't we? "

Sorry, can't resist this!

No such thing as a 'Celt'.

The word was introduced by a Welsh 'historian/political activist' in the mid C18th because of his terrible scholarship. Edward Llyudd took the term 'Keltoi' from the Classical Greek and thought it referred to the peoples of NW Europe - in fact it was a sneering term used by the city state dwellers to refer to the primitive inland dwellers of mainland Greece, basically it meant 'barbarian'.

Neither Caesar, his generals or the writer Tacitus ever used the word 'Celt' in their writings about Britannia. In fact the only common word they used was Britonculli, which roughly translates as horrible little Briton!

We use the term now because we don't know what term - if any - the native people used. They certainly didn't use bronze age Greek terms though.

By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

This is a common fact.

The word was introduced by a Welsh 'historian/political activist' in the mid C18th because of his terrible scholarship. Edward Llyudd took the term 'Keltoi' from the Classical Greek and thought it referred to the peoples of NW Europe - in fact it was a sneering term used by the city state dwellers to refer to the primitive inland dwellers of mainland Greece, basically it meant 'barbarian'.

Neither Caesar, his generals or the writer Tacitus ever used the word 'Celt' in their writings about Britannia. In fact the only common word they used was Britonculli, which roughly translates as horrible little Briton!

We use the term now because we don't know what term - if any - the native people used. They certainly didn't use bronze age Greek terms though."

Well we live and learn. Everyday is a school day. I'll tell that to the Cornish pasties down here

Barnstaple

This is a common fact.

We use the term now because we don't know what term - if any - the native people used. They certainly didn't use bronze age Greek terms though."

"horrible little Briton", I think that's what my dad used to call me, lol.

rochdale

Sorry, it's a bugbear of mine

(coming from someone of English/Scots/Welsh descent)

"

My point being, the British are a real melting pot of races, including Arabic."

I know those living in Brittany consider themselves Celts and that they're pretty bolshi when unpopular new laws or legislation are on the horizon.

Its a pity us Brit Celts can't be as spirited as them in that way!

If your not happy and want tp hide your face wear a crash helmet.

I am just waiting for an armed rob job done in them burka things it has to come.

rochdale

"

I know those living in Brittany consider themselves Celts and that they're pretty bolshi when unpopular new laws or legislation are on the horizon.

Its a pity us Brit Celts can't be as spirited as them in that way! "

From what i remember the peoples of that part of France are originally descended from the Brythonic tribes of Britain rather than the Germanic Frankish tribes that became the French.

Barnstaple

"If your not happy and want tp hide your face wear a crash helmet.

I am just waiting for an armed rob job done in them burka things it has to come."

LMAO. The funniest thing I ever saw was a woman in Saudi waterskiing just off the beach with the full black robe on, or rather flowing behind in the wind, showing her bikini beneath.

"If your not happy and want tp hide your face wear a crash helmet.

I am just waiting for an armed rob job done in them burka things it has to come."

Was thinking just that!

How easy...in an area where they're common place....for two guys to walk into a shop/bank,etc, dressed in burkas hold it up then run outside and mingle with the rest.

The thought of the police asking them all to lift their veils.........No chance!

"

Its a pity us Brit Celts can't be as spirited as them in that way!

From what i remember the peoples of that part of France are originally descended from the Brythonic tribes of Britain rather than the Germanic Frankish tribes that became the French."

Well I'm not old enough to remember that!

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

i'm a motorcylist, and i've been refused service in petrol stations across the country because i hadn't removed my crash helmet, yet on quiet a few times there have been women wearing burkhas who had been served without and request for them to remove them and show their face to the cctv in use, which is the excuse i've been give for the reason for my removal of the crash helmet, now i will add that the type of helmet i wear is of the flip front type which exposes the full features of my face without the need to remove it, and this is always raised when i enter the paypoint, on three different accations now i've offered my payment and had it refused by the cashier, and having offered three times to make my payment and been refused i've gone and sat out on the forecourt out of site of the cctv and awaited the arrival of the police, twice the police have stood with me after examining my identity and seeing my face in the same manor as i had presented it to the cashier and still the cashier has refused payment, at which point the office ( a motorcyle cop) asked may he make payment on my behalf and got asked to remove his helmet also, at which point the officer pointed out he would be out of uniform if he removed it, but still the cashier refused payment, after taking statements from both myself and oters there at the time the officer has said that i may leave without paying as i'd made every reasonable attempt to make the payment and that it was the cashier who was being unreasonable and should he want to get his money he would have to take it through the court of the land, and he said i doubt after hearing the evidence of myself and the wittness's hany court would uphold a theft claim.

so i for one don't hold with people saying that the burkah should be removed but i do hold with that all who wear any head gear of any kind be treated equally

Is it the "Islamic Burka", true it is worn by women of certain Islamic sects but it is more a regional and historical thing. The Burka was around before Islam started and it is far from compulsary and is down to interpretation. It's a bit like women covering there heads in Churches.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

". Speechless!!

Why speechless?

"

What has that to do with this post??? None of the posters are in Spain and what Spain and the Spanish do is up to them! We are in the UK and WE should have a say in what happens HERE!!!

In this country we have always had a tradition of open communication and if someone comes to live here, they should fit in with us, not us fit in with them! There is so much PC crap spouted on posts like this that I wonder why we don't just cave in and let everyone else rule us!

Immigrants have brought a lot to this country, but I don't want to see our traditions eroded just because it may offend someone who had decided to come here for a better life. If we allow that to happen, the UK will be no better than many middle eastern countries that these people have left!

Torquay

". Speechless!!

Why speechless?

What has that to do with this post??? None of the posters are in Spain and what Spain and the Spanish do is up to them! We are in the UK and WE should have a say in what happens HERE!!!

In this country we have always had a tradition of open communication and if someone comes to live here, they should fit in with us, not us fit in with them! There is so much PC crap spouted on posts like this that I wonder why we don't just cave in and let everyone else rule us!

Immigrants have brought a lot to this country, but I don't want to see our traditions eroded just because it may offend someone who had decided to come here for a better life. If we allow that to happen, the UK will be no better than many middle eastern countries that these people have left!"

So you can't see a similarity between Foreigners settling in the UK and not speaking any or little English and British people moving to Spain and speaking little or no Spanish?

It's EXACTLY the same thing, but one rule for foreigners and one for the often hypocritical Brits?

Torquay

"i'm a motorcylist, and i've been refused service in petrol stations across the country because i hadn't removed my crash helmet, yet on quiet a few times there have been women wearing burkhas who had been served without and request for them to remove them and show their face to the cctv in use, which is the excuse i've been give for the reason for my removal of the crash helmet, now i will add that the type of helmet i wear is of the flip front type which exposes the full features of my face without the need to remove it, and this is always raised when i enter the paypoint, on three different accations now i've offered my payment and had it refused by the cashier, and having offered three times to make my payment and been refused i've gone and sat out on the forecourt out of site of the cctv and awaited the arrival of the police, twice the police have stood with me after examining my identity and seeing my face in the same manor as i had presented it to the cashier and still the cashier has refused payment, at which point the office ( a motorcyle cop) asked may he make payment on my behalf and got asked to remove his helmet also, at which point the officer pointed out he would be out of uniform if he removed it, but still the cashier refused payment, after taking statements from both myself and oters there at the time the officer has said that i may leave without paying as i'd made every reasonable attempt to make the payment and that it was the cashier who was being unreasonable and should he want to get his money he would have to take it through the court of the land, and he said i doubt after hearing the evidence of myself and the wittness's hany court would uphold a theft claim.

so i for one don't hold with people saying that the burkah should be removed but i do hold with that all who wear any head gear of any kind be treated equally "

You made all that fuss and wasted police time rather than take off your crash helmet?....

How do you get on when you ride your motorbike to the dentist?

What adventures you have...

"

It's EXACTLY the same thing, but one rule for foreigners and one for the often hypocritical Brits?

"

Yes i agree totally the often hypocritical Brits as you put it often have the rule of no say in this country

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It would help the forums if people were less aggresive when they are trying to get their view across..

As this is thread is now taking so long to load, I am going to shut this one, but feel free to open a part 2 if you want to.