FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do some messages come across?

How do some messages come across?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eerise OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester and that's all you need to know

When messages are sent do you try to read them from many angles?

As we don't know the person or their personality how do we know what context there speaking in?

I find a quick voice chat clears up any misunderstandings but I just find it odd how some people chose to just see whatever people write in a negative context.

E.g I used to be blind...most people would think the person was referring to their eyesight when they could be referring to knowledge.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"When messages are sent do you try to read them from many angles?

As we don't know the person or their personality how do we know what context there speaking in?

I find a quick voice chat clears up any misunderstandings but I just find it odd how some people chose to just see whatever people write in a negative context.

E.g I used to be blind...most people would think the person was referring to their eyesight when they could be referring to knowledge."

Speaking generally about online/social media stuff, I've come to the reluctant conclusion that it's a bit of minefield. I like Facebook, Twitter, texting etc and use those things wisely and sparingly. However, even I find myself going back over messages I've written to people and starting to panic that things I've said might be misinterpreted.

Also, the lack of replies etc can lead me to jump to conclusions (i'm not talking about replies on Fab - I get the issues for women on here).

It all feels like a bit of a double-edged sword now and that saddns me a bit!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I think you are hot"

What's to interpret?

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

I do think people read into things. People have read my texts and wondered if I am bitchy. I have reminded them that if I was being bitchy then they would have no doubt when they read what I was testing lol

» Add a new message to this topic