FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is it dangerous to smoke and drive?

Is it dangerous to smoke and drive?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Drinking and driving is so is smoking too?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Drinking and driving is so is smoking too?"

Depends on what you are smoking...

..Crack..Brown..or a Benson's..

"Drinking and driving is so is smoking too?

..Crack..Brown..or a Benson's.. "

I was just wondering if insurance companies charge more if you say your a smoker?

By *umcoveredpussyCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

depends on if you drop it while driveing

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

or you get smoke in your eyes

I say yes as it distracts your attention from the road...ie lighting a quick cigarette before the lights turn red, stubbing it out whilst turning a corner and so on and so on.

"depends on if you drop it while driveing"

I didnt think of that i was wondering if your less alert. But if you drop it your going to be distracted but maybe less than a woman putting lippy on in her car

By *luffybbbWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

it's dangerous to smoke sull stop LOL

depends on if you on fire or not!!

"Drinking and driving is so is smoking too?

..Crack..Brown..or a Benson's..

I was just wondering if insurance companies charge more if you say your a smoker?"

Have never been asked that question by an insurance company....but yes it can be dangerous...my ex hubby had a brand new saab...I threw a ciggy out of the window..(or so I thought)...and merrily carried on driving....got out of the car...saw the fag end and the burn it had put in the gorgeous beige leather....fecking hell....Now he was livid...could have been very dangerous..

"depends on if you on fire or not!! "

"it's dangerous to smoke sull stop LOL "

Well its someone's choice what they do but i was wondering if smokers had more accidents.

Not if you get your kids to light it for you and chuck it away afterwards

"Not if you get your kids to light it for you and chuck it away afterwards "

Lmao someone will shoot you here for saying that

By *wned EmCouple  over a year ago

nuneaton

Probably safer to pull onto the hard shoulder of the motorway and have a quick puff on the side of the road. Can also stretch your legs at the same time.

"Not if you get your kids to light it for you and chuck it away afterwards "

note to self...will do that in future

"Probably safer to pull onto the hard shoulder of the motorway and have a quick puff on the side of the road. Can also stretch your legs at the same time."

lol... Not safer if you are dressed like that Mrs...

"Probably safer to pull onto the hard shoulder of the motorway and have a quick puff on the side of the road. Can also stretch your legs at the same time."

Thats no good for me i am not keen on puffs

"Not if you get your kids to light it for you and chuck it away afterwards

Lmao someone will shoot you here for saying that "

I'm a good at dodging bullets

"Probably safer to pull onto the hard shoulder of the motorway and have a quick puff on the side of the road. Can also stretch your legs at the same time.

Thats no good for me i am not keen on puffs "

not even sugar ones

"Probably safer to pull onto the hard shoulder of the motorway and have a quick puff on the side of the road. Can also stretch your legs at the same time.

Thats no good for me i am not keen on puffs

not even sugar ones "

Tell em about the hunny mummy

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

thats just plan illegal unless you have broke down you are not allowed to just pull over on the motorway and get out for a smoke and have a wee walk about lol

thats just plan illegal unless you have broke down you are not allowed to just pull over on the motorway and get out for a smoke and have a wee walk about lol "

Seroiusly

How the hell am I not in jail already

Is it not just as dangerous changing CD's or radio stations in your car?. Smokers are getting a hard time of it and the Anti Smoking Nazi's are doing everything and anything to ban the sale of cigarettes.

And i'm a non smoker.

"Is it not just as dangerous changing CD's or radio stations in your car?. Smokers are getting a hard time of it and the Anti Smoking Nazi's are doing everything and anything to ban the sale of cigarettes.

And i'm a non smoker."

They may take our Freedom but they will never take our cigarettes

Would imagine so, especially if you’re on a motorcycle

"Is it not just as dangerous changing CD's or radio stations in your car?. Smokers are getting a hard time of it and the Anti Smoking Nazi's are doing everything and anything to ban the sale of cigarettes.

And i'm a non smoker.

They may take our Freedom but they will never take our cigarettes "

Honestly i don't know how those pen pushers who make up this nonsense sleep at night. Its people like them who have ruined this once great country.

The country should be renamed Offended Britain.

By *lay69withusCouple  over a year ago

herefordshire

from a non smokers point of view, i find the smoke stings my eyes, does this not happen to smokers? if i was driving and smoke got into my eyes, i would probably crash!!!

When I learnt to drive, my instructor actually taught me how to drive and smoke at the same time!!! That was 24yrs ago! Things are a lot different now. Never had an accident yet whilst smoking but when the kids fight in the car I think that is more dangerously distracting for the stressed mother who needs a ciggie to keep from killing the little darlings!!!LOL

"from a non smokers point of view, i find the smoke stings my eyes, does this not happen to smokers? if i was driving and smoke got into my eyes, i would probably crash!!!"

We both smoke, but don’t smoke when driving, have done in the past admittedly, but prefer to have a car that smells nice, and can honestly say that chatting to others in the car or listening to the radio/sat nav causes more in lapse of concentration than smoking ever did, never had trouble with stinging eyes because when the window is down the smoke heads that way.

If your engine is on fire yes!!!

By *ntheswingCouple  over a year ago

middlesbrough

As a non-drinker, I hate going out to the cinema and on for a meal and having to put up with the smell of booze and the noise made by d*unken fools. Then driving home having to dodge more d*unks walking in the road.

Give me a smoker every time.

"When I learnt to drive, my instructor actually taught me how to drive and smoke at the same time!!! That was 24yrs ago! Things are a lot different now. Never had an accident yet whilst smoking but when the kids fight in the car I think that is more dangerously distracting for the stressed mother who needs a ciggie to keep from killing the little darlings!!!LOL"

I knew my driving instructor before I had lessons with him because he was my mates brother and we'd get from him. So when I started lessons I used to get from him then as well as have a smoke. When I first started we'd pull over, swap seats and have a smoke before I went home, my folks probably wondered why I never was actually driving when I got back. As well as regularly coming back stoned from a driving lesson, it also meant I'd regularly be paying for my by cheque

One day he did his usual thing of rolling a joint while I drove but then he lit it up, had a few puffs, and passed it to me while I was driving.

"I say yes as it distracts your attention from the road...ie lighting a quick cigarette before the lights turn red, stubbing it out whilst turning a corner and so on and so on."

Spoken like a non-smoker.

What do you do whilst driving except change the gears that involves taking one hand off the wheel? Does it distract you? Does it take your eyes away from the road?

This thread is a total waste of time.

"from a non smokers point of view, i find the smoke stings my eyes, does this not happen to smokers? if i was driving and smoke got into my eyes, i would probably crash!!!"

Probably not, smokers seem to drive with their eyes closed.

Well judging by the way they swerve all over the road whilst they are reaching for their fags and lighting up it certainly seems that way

Having had to travel in a car with my son, aside from the speed, he is left handed so holds the steering wheel with his right hand and the cigarette with his left, which then means he is crossing his chest with his arm to flick the ash out the window, frightens the shit out of me. Id says use the ashtray but the gear stick is in the way

At the end of the day your supposed to have both hands on the steering wheel at all times when drivingm unless your changing gears, how do you do that if your smoking?

"I say yes as it distracts your attention from the road...ie lighting a quick cigarette before the lights turn red, stubbing it out whilst turning a corner and so on and so on."

i can honestly say i have never, ever seen anyone stub a fag out whilst turning a corner lmao

"I say yes as it distracts your attention from the road...ie lighting a quick cigarette before the lights turn red, stubbing it out whilst turning a corner and so on and so on.

Spoken like a non-smoker.

What do you do whilst driving except change the gears that involves taking one hand off the wheel? Does it distract you? Does it take your eyes away from the road?

This thread is a total waste of time."

This thread may be a waste of time to those with closed attitudes although it's been interesting to read all the others who have given opinions on it.

I'm going for YES it's dangerous to smoke whilst driving. I haven't smoked for about five or six years now but spent at least twenty years smoking and driving. Sometimes it's a bastard trying to light up , specially when speeding on the motorway. Fiddling for fags matches/lighter - watching traffic , suckin' puffin' trying to put things on the passenger dash ... burning meself ( occassionally ) changing gear with a fag in my left hand, car filling with smoke ... opening windows in the coldest of winters and pissing rain .. passengers moaning, me arguing ( fuck off n walk then ) trying to brush ash off my skirt, tights, car seats. Finding the ash tray full, closed, taking my eyes off the road to stump. Ragin' at then husband for flicking stumps out of the window. Getting worried if there's no more fags.. de focus from driving start focussing on nearest place to buy fags. Multi tasking at it's bloody finest....... sigh ... I miss it all soooooooo much.

All the defensive smokers who say it's not like that are deluding themselves to win an argument.

I've had cigs stick to my lip - finger slides down and burns - while driving. Ive had cigs fall from the ashtray or just from my hand when im lighting up or changing gear and .....come on - we've all done the 'fuck where's it gone?' thing while staring at the road and droppin' your eyes desparately to the car floor while a burning cig rolls around and you know you CAN'T lean down for it cos you're in heavy traffic and you let it burn and you think i'll get the fucker at the next set of lights but the fucking light fairy is being a bitch and they are green and you go on further knowing that your carpets are burning and finally the traffic slows and you reach down and the half cig still burning rolls under your car seat ....

Yeah .... it's dangerous.

And so is my SAT nav that I constantly tell to shut up!!

And of course, they chuck them out of the window when finished. Look at traffic lights and places where cars stop, for the amount of fag ends thrown...

I find it gobsmacking that people who have smoked for years and can light up a cigarette on instinct have so much difficulty having a smoke in the car. What could be simpler:

~

Smoking Whilst Driving for Dummies:

===================================

1) open packet

2) extract cig with teeth

3) put packet back on dash

4) light cigarette

5) open window a couple of inches (the physics of which mean that you only have to hold the cigareete near the window and the vacuum created by your moving car will suck out the smoke, applies to flicking the ash off too)

6) when finished, roll window down a few more inches and push cigarette through (the turbulence will take care of the rest)

Simples.

If you can't manage that then perhaps smoking isn't for you.

By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

Cigs are bastards to light when I got my roof down,doing 70MPH. Def a smoke free zone tho

Years ago i went out with a guy who rode a big bike.

When on our travels, i would often light up behind him. lmao

so it can be done

"I find it gobsmacking that people who have smoked for years and can light up a cigarette on instinct have so much difficulty having a smoke in the car. What could be simpler:

~

1) open packet

4) light cigarette

5) open window a couple of inches (the physics of which mean that you only have to hold the cigareete near the window and the vacuum created by your moving car will suck out the smoke, applies to flicking the ash off too)

6) when finished, roll window down a few more inches and push cigarette through (the turbulence will take care of the rest)

Simples.

If you can't manage that then perhaps smoking isn't for you. "

Aha ! A Politically Correct Advisory List on How to Smoke! Bollocks.

Reality is what happens when you're writing a list Wishy ...

Besides.... number 4 leaves out a ton of necessaries.....

By *lay69withusCouple  over a year ago

herefordshire

at least when i recieve a blow job in the car, both my hands are on the steering wheel!!! lmao

"I find it gobsmacking that people who have smoked for years and can light up a cigarette on instinct have so much difficulty having a smoke in the car. What could be simpler:

~

1) open packet

4) light cigarette

Simples.

Besides.... number 4 leaves out a ton of necessaries..... "

Hey, guess what?

If you don't smoke.... it's got fuck all to do with you, has it?

~

1) open packet

4) light cigarette

Simples.

Besides.... number 4 leaves out a ton of necessaries..... "

and no 6 is potentially £50 fine

Well if it is dangerous to use a phone in a car its common seance it has to be dangerous to smoke.

did you manage to stop smoking wishy??

i have drove whilst smoking ever since i passed my test i think 14 years ago and luckily still crash free with over ten yrs no claim bonus!

mind you did flick one out the window for it to blow back in and had to go through a wks worth of shoppin to find the bloody thing lol!!

xx

No, unfortunately. I lasted a week before giving in. I used to smoke 20/day but now I'm down to 10, which is a limit I'm happy with.

~

1) open packet

4) light cigarette

Simples.

Besides.... number 4 leaves out a ton of necessaries.....

Hey, guess what?

If you don't smoke.... it's got fuck all to do with you, has it? "

course it has - unless someone made it a smokers post

Cranky pants.

» Add a new message to this topic