FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The wrong address

The wrong address

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I was sat having my tea earlier and there was a knock on the front door. It was a lady wanting to know if this was no4 'Old Kent Road', as she had come about the kittens. I told her no, this is no4 'Whitechapel'. She then looked at me and said, 'well the street sign DEFINITELY said Old Kent Road.' as if I didn't know which ruddy street I lived on. Was she expecting me to say, 'Oh yes, now you mention it, this is Old Kent Road, come about some kittens?'

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Go to jail. Directly to jail

Do not pass Go and do not collect any chuffin money.

Ps. I'm the boot what piece are you?

"

Go to jail. Directly to jail

Do not pass Go and do not collect any chuffin money.

Ps. I'm the boot what piece are you?"

. The OP must be having a laugh, right?!

Hahaha Tina funny as!!!

I'm the hat please

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I was sat having my tea earlier and there was a knock on the front door. It was a lady wanting to know if this was no4 'Old Kent Road', as she had come about the kittens. I told her no, this is no4 'Whitechapel'. She then looked at me and said, 'well the street sign DEFINITELY said Old Kent Road.' as if I didn't know which ruddy street I lived on. Was she expecting me to say, 'Oh yes, now you mention it, this is Old Kent Road, come about some kittens?' "

Lol it always makes me laugh when people are outraged that you aren't who or what they think you should be. Like when you answer the phone and the person the other end has called the wrong number, when you tell them they say in an accusatory tone "well what number is that then?" as if you deliberately picked up the phone to annoy them

I had a prescription delivery man knock on my door a couple of months ago handing me a patcel. Looked at the address and told him this is 'my house name' and that 'neighbours house name' was opposite. He asked me if I was sure How could I not be sure which house I lived in when I was answering the door to him He even stepped back to read the name in the glass above the door

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

The OP must be having a laugh, right?!"

Nope, all true, although some, none, or all of the addresses have been changed to protect the bounders at the other no4.

It's so last year playing with the traditional board pieces! I'd craft a pair of bosoms from marzipan. Then when I start to lose I can eat the evidence of where I was on the board

So funny when this sort of thing happens because at the time you never know how to react - I think it's why they invented the 'perplexed' word.

"I was sat having my tea earlier and there was a knock on the front door. It was a lady wanting to know if this was no4 'Old Kent Road', as she had come about the kittens. I told her no, this is no4 'Whitechapel'. She then looked at me and said, 'well the street sign DEFINITELY said Old Kent Road.' as if I didn't know which ruddy street I lived on. Was she expecting me to say, 'Oh yes, now you mention it, this is Old Kent Road, come about some kittens?' "

How much are the kittens?

"

The OP must be having a laugh, right?!

Nope, all true, although some, none, or all of the addresses have been changed to protect the bounders at the other no4.

It's so last year playing with the traditional board pieces! I'd craft a pair of bosoms from marzipan. Then when I start to lose I can eat the evidence of where I was on the board "

I am "so last year". I need an update But hey as far as monopoly goes I love those old pieces. Especially the lead painted ones. They taste nice

» Add a new message to this topic