FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > oh no

oh no

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After my fall at work 4weeks ago I finally went to the doctors Tuesday just gone, as I am still suffering pain from my knee, only to find out Iv damaged my cartilage in my knee and gotta go for an xray and now looking at surgery Iv not looking forward to it AAT all, Iv gotta go in hospital new years eve to found out, apparently what I've been told I'm looking at been off work for 6weeks and on crutches xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Been there, done that. It wasn't too bad. The surgery is usually keyhole so it's not very invasive.

I even went round the Ideal Home show on crutches. 7 hours on crutches in a crowded show venue was hard work but I'm sure it benefitted my upper body strength!

Be sure to do the physio rigorously after the surgery. You'll need to rebuild any atrophied muscle and strengthen around the joint to protect it a bit in future.

I hope it goes ok for you.

I'm surprised you're having an x-ray though. I had to have an MRI because x-ray doesn't show damage to cartilage.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Crikey, that doesn't sound pleasant. Do you think you could practice walking on your hands in the meantime?

"I'm surprised you're having an x-ray though. I had to have an MRI because x-ray doesn't show damage to cartilage. "

Apparently the nearby hospital have a new xray and diagnosis centre, but I think I will be having a MRI its in the area as the xray. X

The pain I'm having tho is from the inside of my leg and just above the knee, but as soon as the doctor felt around it, he straight away said damaged cartilage, I just thought it would be just some painkillers and sent on my way,but nope he went on to say I'll send you to the hospital and you will be looking at surgery. I had to pick my jaw off the floor haha I asked him to repeat what he said as I was shocked you need surgery from just a bad fall at work lol x

"The pain I'm having tho is from the inside of my leg and just above the knee, but as soon as the doctor felt around it, he straight away said damaged cartilage, I just thought it would be just some painkillers and sent on my way,but nope he went on to say I'll send you to the hospital and you will be looking at surgery. I had to pick my jaw off the floor haha I asked him to repeat what he said as I was shocked you need surgery from just a bad fall at work lol x"

If you tear the cartilage it can keep getting caught in the joint causing pain and further damage. Cartilage can't heal so the torn bit has to be removed.

"The pain I'm having tho is from the inside of my leg and just above the knee, but as soon as the doctor felt around it, he straight away said damaged cartilage, I just thought it would be just some painkillers and sent on my way,but nope he went on to say I'll send you to the hospital and you will be looking at surgery. I had to pick my jaw off the floor haha I asked him to repeat what he said as I was shocked you need surgery from just a bad fall at work lol x

If you tear the cartilage it can keep getting caught in the joint causing pain and further damage. Cartilage can't heal so the torn bit has to be removed."

I'm dreading it lol. Im looking forward to being of pain but Im not looking forward to going into hospital x

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Been there, done that. It wasn't too bad. The surgery is usually keyhole so it's not very invasive.

Be sure to do the physio rigorously after the surgery. You'll need to rebuild any atrophied muscle and strengthen around the joint to protect it a bit in future.

I hope it goes ok for you. "

this and ditto with doing the physio rigorously, had to wait over 4 months for my op and the inner thigh muscle doew waste if the joint is not being used properly..

good luck

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

poor u hope they fix it soon

Thanks guys/girls xxx

» Add a new message to this topic