FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Girls can a guy over complement you?

Girls can a guy over complement you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Opinions please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm happy for them to try

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Yes.

It starts to feel false.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

I love compliments makes me feel .....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes but most ladies will know if they are sincere

Tend to compliment more after meeting and playing . Otherwise you can be accused of saying anything to get a girls knickers off

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

yes, i am not comfortable receiving compliments so anyone can over compliment me

Yes! I'm not very good at taking compliments anyway but too many too soon on here just makes them sound desperate to be honest and I find that a bit off putting

"Yes.

It starts to feel false. "

Just look at the 'look at my face' thread. The most fake compliments on there but people seem to still love them

It's always lovely to receive a compliment especially as I have such low self esteem.

But if one person continually complimented me and didn't take a hint, I would feel awkward and uncomfortable.

crystal

I'm honest in my compliments.

..And i know many take compliments with a pinch of salt (as do i) but i haven't come across anyone that hasn't tickled my fancy

"Just look at the 'look at my face' thread. The most fake compliments on there but people seem to still love them "

Maybe they are not maybe they are genuine? Anyway this thread is really not about thats its complements in general and something someone said to me in the pub got me thinking last night.

Too many compliments just feel a bit false to me, I prefer actions. I have met a guy who rarely compliments but his actions speak volumes.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Yes! I am crap at accepting compliments, always have been always will be

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Too many make me uneasy I'd rather have someone say something once then I know they mean it..

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Loads of compliments from someone who barely knows me makes me uncomfortable.

"Just look at the 'look at my face' thread. The most fake compliments on there but people seem to still love them "

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

A man to complement me is always welcome.

Compliments from men or women are harder to take. I have been challenged to just accept compliments and so I work on this.

I don't think you can truly compliment someone until you properly know them.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Yes but then I always struggle with accepting compliments even from those I know really well.

IMHO, yes. However, I am a realist and can detect BS a mile away.

By *lack_BoltMan  over a year ago

oxford

"I love compliments makes me feel ....."

XXX

"Yes but then I always struggle with accepting compliments even from those I know really well."

I would agree with you, but I would be more likely to accept a compliment from someone I have actually met rather than someone who has mailed me a few times

It does depend on the context doesn't it. If someone pours compliments on me from my public pics I do wonder where that's coming from. But compliments after a meet and after several are easily accepted with a simple "thank you" even if I don't necessarily agree myself.

"Yes.

It starts to feel false. "

I like to give sincere compliments. I don't think we esteem each other enough. I think we find it easier to criticise and pick fault. However I would imagine being over complimented would definitely be cringy and a bit creepy. Having said that I don't think Ive ever been over complimented

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Whether in a social setting or a business setting, yes, people can over compliment. A few compliments here and there in a social setting are fine, but when someone is pouring more compliments into a conversation than actual substance it starts to stink of trying too hard, a disingenuous arsehole who thinks they are the dog's dangly bits or low self-esteem on their part.... depending on the context.

Equally as off putting are those who constantly dig, beg and hint for compliments.... especially through self-deprecation.

"Whether in a social setting or a business setting, yes, people can over compliment. A few compliments here and there in a social setting are fine, but when someone is pouring more compliments into a conversation than actual substance it starts to stink of trying too hard, a disingenuous arsehole who thinks they are the dog's dangly bits or low self-esteem on their part.... depending on the context.

Equally as off putting are those who constantly dig, beg and hint for compliments.... especially through self-deprecation. "

100% agree

"yes, i am not comfortable receiving compliments so anyone can over compliment me"

I'm the same. I once blocked a guy for s comment in how sexy my thighs were lol x

The problem is many females fish for compliments and some not so clued up males,take the bait. It's harmless of course and it can boost a females confidence if that's what she's seeking.

However some females are clearly deluded enough to actually believe that all the compliments are sincere and that's far from the truth.

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"The problem is many females fish for compliments and some not so clued up males,take the bait. It's harmless of course and it can boost a females confidence if that's what she's seeking.

However some females are clearly deluded enough to actually believe that all the compliments are sincere and that's far from the truth."

You mean they aren't?

Unexpected compliments are lovely and can make you feel good.

To many or creepy ones would just go over my head

You didn't see any face pics so of course the compliments wouldn't seem real to you as you hadn't seen what they were complimenting.

crystal

A guy can totally over complement you there are thousands of sycophants out there but better to over complement than non at all.

By *r Mahogany70Man  over a year ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 22/12/13 11:38:56]

I love all compliments, its not easy for a lot of guys to stand out, even with compliments it seems, but if they've gone to the effort of engaging me in converse, just in order to flatter, then I'm happy to assume they're words are heart felt and deserve a little encouragement now and again, not to mention acknowlegement and a little gratitude!

"It's always lovely to receive a compliment especially as I have such low self esteem.

But if one person continually complimented me and didn't take a hint, I would feel awkward and uncomfortable.

crystal"

I hope you overcome your esteem issues as you're a delightful looking lady... I'm not sure who contributes on the forum most, but the posts are always dignified, insightful, sensitive and informed..

I can safely say this without an ulterior motive as from your profile it's clear I'm not your type

By *istermuffmanMan  over a year ago

Oldbury

Giving compliments after someone has been fishing for compliments feels a bit shallow. The trick is to give an honest compliment when the person is not expecting it.

"Giving compliments after someone has been fishing for compliments feels a bit shallow. The trick is to give an honest compliment when the person is not expecting it. "

I will go with that I dont give then often if I think someone is fishing its weird though how some love them and others hate them though.

» Add a new message to this topic