FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Christmas - Always the same few songs?

Christmas - Always the same few songs?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Every year as Christmas rolls around, its the same handful of songs playing on adverts, in shops, on the music channels, many of them over 20 years old and ones like Slade and Wizzard being from the 70s - it gets me wondering why there have been so, so few new songs for decades to become Christmas classics?

Do musicians have no interest in the festive season anymore, or is it simply because that the only ones who would have any chance of their Christmas song going anywhere in the charts these days are the ultra commercial 'stars', who by their very nature have little in the way of lasting appeal, meaning any attempt they did make at such a song would rapidly be forgotten as soon as they cease to be marketable?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

there have been a couple of Christmas offerings this year - Leona Lewis and Kelly CLarckson have original songs out which are quite catchy.

The Big Reunion bands have covered a song for Text Santa (which i have bought )

I think a concerted effort needs to be made for Christmas songs to keep x-factor off the no 1 spot. I know RATM did it one year but equally i dont want songs like that on Christmas No albums lol the power of love is bad enough

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like the new one from Leona Lewis.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

theres only one tune that makes me feel really good at christmas .. troika by prokofiev

"there have been a couple of Christmas offerings this year - Leona Lewis and Kelly CLarckson have original songs out which are quite catchy.

The Big Reunion bands have covered a song for Text Santa (which i have bought )

I think a concerted effort needs to be made for Christmas songs to keep x-factor off the no 1 spot. I know RATM did it one year but equally i dont want songs like that on Christmas No albums lol the power of love is bad enough "

Highway to hell is trying to keep x factor off this year, which actually breaks a.c./dcs previous chart entry as they have never had a top ten UK chart entry

"Every year as Christmas rolls around, its the same handful of songs playing on adverts, in shops, on the music channels, many of them over 20 years old and ones like Slade and Wizzard being from the 70s - it gets me wondering why there have been so, so few new songs for decades to become Christmas classics?

Do musicians have no interest in the festive season anymore, or is it simply because that the only ones who would have any chance of their Christmas song going anywhere in the charts these days are the ultra commercial 'stars', who by their very nature have little in the way of lasting appeal, meaning any attempt they did make at such a song would rapidly be forgotten as soon as they cease to be marketable?"

I was discussing this today funnily enough .... just can't seem to do cheese these days lol

there is absolutely no point in making xmas songs now because x fuckter has ruined the race for xmas number 1.

the last one i liked was the darkness' dont let the bells end

I agree with all of the above, so, does anyone want to sign the petition, get the project off the ground,buy the download of my new song, and get me to number 1? Oh, the title :

I Saw MILFY Kissing Santa Claus

regds

Santa.

» Add a new message to this topic