FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hernia

Hernia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How do you spot it and has anyone gone through it?

...i'm going through a little scare at the moment.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Where do you think you have a hernia? Have you got a lump somewhere? Is there pain? Most hernias are not dangerous and can wait.

It's on my left side, just under my stomach. Feels a bit tender and different. It's rather achy though. Not sure if it's a gym injury or something else..

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

'Hernia' covers a huge range of possibilities. From 'had it all my life, meh' to major surgery.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Testicle?

"It's on my left side, just under my stomach. Feels a bit tender and different. It's rather achy though. Not sure if it's a gym injury or something else..

"

Is it an ache or pain? Did you do anything at the gym that put unusual or undue strain on the stomach muscles? Is there a bulge of any sort?

If your stomach distends and you often feel bloated. If running or heavy lifting makes you nauseous and causes a feeling of indigestion even if you havent eaten for hours. You might even feel loose like your gut is moving around inside you. Dont have a scare, hernias are common today since most people aren't allowed a fucking break.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If its not better by Monday get to a doctors. As much as I love the Fab Forum members, I don't think any of us are qualified to diagnose a medical condition.

"If its not better by Monday get to a doctors. As much as I love the Fab Forum members, I don't think any of us are qualified to diagnose a medical condition. "

I am, I've got a hernia lol

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

You should chew the chicken before you swallow it Popeye. Is it drumstick shaped?

If you get groin pain, you start throwing up or it becomes severe pain then go to A&E.

If it disappears when you lie down or you can push it back without pain then you can probably wait to get it checked out tomorrow.

I think it's something like a quarter of all men will experience a hernia and most really aren't serious. But you know your body and if this feels serious then get it checked sooner rather than later.

In any case, get it checked and don't ignore it completely as you get used to it.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

i had two repaire since 2006 but mine were really obvious as to what they were

my second repair was 5 days after my wedding and I was the talk of the hospital as to where I was spending my honeymoon lol

they ache like mad but like its been advised go ask your doctor on Monday to be sure

Yeah, been doing some new exercises at the gym, so could be that. I'm kind of used to the ache, as i always have those kind of pains. Just wondering what i should be expecting, in terms of real life experiences.

...not a fan of hospitals

Best get it checked as soon as. I have a hiatus hernia. Had it a long time because my doctors were all like:

"This stomach pain is clearly because you smoke. This night vomiting is smoking related. This slipped disc is (and so on and so on)"

Anyway, eventually, vomiting burned away the sphincter to my oesophagus, and caused other complications, because it was constantly pulled open by the hernia and so acid reflux was always getting through. And now doctors cant operate because there's practically nothing left to sew up.

You will get a heliobacter test first to make sure you dont have an ulcer and they will probably put you on Omeprazole which is really good stuff. Numbs your stomach so you dont get that pain and stops the reflux; if you have the hernia and such.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Hope it is nothing major, hun x

"Yeah, been doing some new exercises at the gym, so could be that. I'm kind of used to the ache, as i always have those kind of pains. Just wondering what i should be expecting, in terms of real life experiences.

...not a fan of hospitals

"

Can you see a doctor tomorrow or Monday? They are easy to deal with if tackled early. It's when they are left that things get complicated. See CrazyCrazyKnight.

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

"How do you spot it and has anyone gone through it?

"

Cos he's got the fastest milk cart in the west

Cos he's got the fastest milk cart in the west"

He may be too young for that joke.

Cos he's got the fastest milk cart in the west"

Eh?

Cos he's got the fastest milk cart in the west

He may be too young for that joke.

"

Oh.

I had a double groin hernia, 1 each side which were caused by years of lifting heavy beams etc in the incorrect way, first sign of them was about 20years ago, I only went to get them checked out last year when the left side started to pop out and had to keep pushing it back in, mine were basically a rip in the stomach lining which allows the intestines to pop out, had keyhole surgery to repair them, no stitches nowadays as they use webbing that bonds to the lining of your stomach, dont be a fool like I was and keep putting it off, get to the docs as soon as you can mate as they can strangulate which is bad, very bad.

Hope you get it sorted

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

"I had a double groin hernia, 1 each side which were caused by years of lifting heavy beams etc in the incorrect way, first sign of them was about 20years ago, I only went to get them checked out last year when the left side started to pop out and had to keep pushing it back in, mine were basically a rip in the stomach lining which allows the intestines to pop out, had keyhole surgery to repair them, no stitches nowadays as they use webbing that bonds to the lining of your stomach, dont be a fool like I was and keep putting it off, get to the docs as soon as you can mate as they can strangulate which is bad, very bad.

Hope you get it sorted"

I had the opposite problem I had umbilical hernias and they wouldn't operate till it got too dangerous to leave it

» Add a new message to this topic