FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rejection

Rejection

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So the HUGE thread got me thinking about rejection.

We do tend to see a lot of threads started by men who complain about women's high expectations/no replies/no meets.

I appreciate this is only a minority of men but men none the less.

I have had "no thanks" messages, I have also had messages read and deleted. Do I harass the person? Give them abuse or come here ranting? No!

I accept I'm not what they are looking for and move on, so on the whole it would that women just seem to handle the rejection better than 'some' of the men here.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I put it down to emosional immaturity ...

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Probably. I've never been one for the 'but why' or 'you're just a fat slag anyway' approach. See my 'getting meets' thread for a more positive spin on the single man experience. Like the Murphy's....I'm tasty!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I don't think its gender specific at all, I know some women refuse to take no for an answer I know some men who are the same....

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Or the fact that we generally have another 3 messages asking for a meet and just don't have time to send snotty messages asking why someone should have the nerve to turn us down, even though we live 50 miles away and haven't read their profile

By far the worst reactions we've had to rejections have been from couples and women.

Most men are actually very polite, at least that we've experienced.

By *istress v in yorksCouple  over a year ago

south Yorkshire

Exactly! I see profiles on here and it says the person is looking for slim, toned ladies, I'm far from it so I don't bother contacting them. Seems men in particular think preferences are irrelevant. If someone replied to me and said I wasn't what they were looking for I would delete the message and move on, not harrass the telling them how amazing I am, how no one can resist me....blah blah (THe tripe men reply with). Why can't others do the same, I seem to be getting more and more 'but why not?' messages sadly.

"I don't think its gender specific at all, I know some women refuse to take no for an answer I know some men who are the same...."

I can imagine there are and I realise I've been here a short time, I just meant I've not seen that in the forums.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I don't think its gender specific at all, I know some women refuse to take no for an answer I know some men who are the same....

I can imagine there are and I realise I've been here a short time, I just meant I've not seen that in the forums."

No some wont be seen in the forums or some are posts disguised at something else....but in reality some take rejection better than others regardless of gender.

We had a guy spit his dummy out today after we told him know thanks for the second time, lol

Some guy just like to push it ha ha. But to be fair its not very often we get replys like that, most are OK thanks for replying.

I can't say that I am happy with rejections; I just won't harass the person asking for 'why'.

What does piss me off is men who write on their profile that they will reply to any message, and then delete my very 'personalised' message. And they tend to be men that are praised into high heaven by some forumites whose tastes and opinions I like, so an immediate delete feels like a personal rejection. But again - I won't pester them. Just move on.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

there are some vindictive women on here from what the guys have told me

I think that these may be the guys that send out 50+ messages and don't get a response to any of them, so come to the forums and have a little cry about it.

I can't imagine any woman sending out a volume of messages without a reply though (and certainly not you).

more men on the site=more annoying behaviour

but that IS mainly just because there are more MEN than other users.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

I can't imagine any woman sending out a volume of messages without a reply though (and certainly not you). "

I would agree with that.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I find that more women send pissing up the lamp post messages then men....like femme said it's not just down to one individual sex on here...if I get rejected I certainly don't harass I simply move on...

I would never demean myself by asking "why "

"So the HUGE thread got me thinking about rejection.

We do tend to see a lot of threads started by men who complain about women's high expectations/no replies/no meets.

I have had "no thanks" messages, I have also had messages read and deleted. Do I harass the person? Give them abuse or come here ranting? No!

I accept I'm not what they are looking for and move on, so on the whole it would that women just seem to handle the rejection better than 'some' of the men here."

We've had many ignored messages and the occasion no thanks reply.

Yet we dont come ranting either - just accept it and move on.

Then we aren't that desperate - perhaps the single guys that do rant/be rude etc are just desperate and cant get any.

By *lirty and dirtyCouple  over a year ago

ashford

Someone messaged us the other night and i replied with i dont think you are what we are looking for. Then i got a message back saying he didnt want to meet us arrogant fools anyway! He said my arse was nicer than my face (which he hadnt even seen) Then called us time wasters and blocked us. This is the reason people dont reply with even a no thanks

I always reply to a rejection message with "thanks for taking the time to reply, it is appreciated, have fun". Once someone has made their mind up what is the point of trying to get a different response? We are all different and will be attractive or not to others, accept it and grow up.

By *r Mahogany70Man  over a year ago

Leicester

"I can't say that I am happy with rejections; I just won't harass the person asking for 'why'.

What does piss me off is men who write on their profile that they will reply to any message, and then delete my very 'personalised' message. And they tend to be men that are praised into high heaven by some forumites whose tastes and opinions I like, so an immediate delete feels like a personal rejection. But again - I won't pester them. Just move on.

"

Forget 'em, you know I'll talk to you

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Someone messaged us the other night and i replied with i dont think you are what we are looking for. Then i got a message back saying he didnt want to meet us arrogant fools anyway! He said my arse was nicer than my face (which he hadnt even seen) Then called us time wasters and blocked us. This is the reason people dont reply with even a no thanks "

I've had some vile messages but I put it down to the minority rather then the majority

Chance would be a good thing lol.

Leicester

"I would never demean myself by asking "why " "

Why?

Titz Towers, North Notts

I hope my post doesn't sound arrogant

What I was trying to say was that it's hard to find time to be that upset if someone does say no thanks when you aren't just relying on that one message for your chance of a meet.

I've never had a rejection message, because I don't really message out just see what comes in.. It's slower but maintains the fragile ego

"I hope my post doesn't sound arrogant

What I was trying to say was that it's hard to find time to be that upset if someone does say no thanks when you aren't just relying on that one message for your chance of a meet. "

Not arrogant at all. I knew what you meant

By *erbMan  over a year ago

SHEFFIELD

Politeness is the key. I reply to all messages and winks whether there's an attraction or not.

I accept I'm not what they are looking for and move on, so on the whole it would that women just seem to handle the rejection better than 'some' of the men here."

Its the personality and character of the individual that generates a rant not the sex or sexuality. Some people struggle with frustration and have to vent others well they have better coping mechanisms.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"

Yet we dont come ranting either - just accept it and move on.

Then we aren't that desperate - perhaps the single guys that do rant/be rude etc are just desperate and cant get any."

I think you are right: desperation is what drives these messages, the insecurities and jealousies.

I accept I'm not what they are looking for and move on, so on the whole it would that women just seem to handle the rejection better than 'some' of the men here.

Its the personality and character of the individual that generates a rant not the sex or sexuality. Some people struggle with frustration and have to vent others well they have better coping mechanisms. "

that's a great point re frustration.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

"Theres a club if you'd like to go,

You could meet somebody who really loves you,

But you go; and you stand on your own; and you leave on your own,

And you go home,

And you cry and you want to die..."

By *errynjuneCouple  over a year ago

Barnsley

Must admit we do get asked "why" and whats's wrong with me. This despite them not reading our profile at all.

But prefer these replies to, " I hope you get aids and die".

Which still ranks as our most vile reply.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Must admit we do get asked "why" and whats's wrong with me. This despite them not reading our profile at all.

Which still ranks as our most vile reply."

That's awful.

By *plankyMan  over a year ago

Beeston

The best rejection reply to my polite enquiry of vague innuendo (laced with some specific references to her profile) was from a lady who said "I am not here to serve bored men".

By *plankyMan  over a year ago

Beeston

[Removed by poster at 20/12/13 00:12:32]

most of the women on here are fat/old and ugly, tried 2 weeks on here meeting women then realised i could get alot better in a nightclub. im only here to meet something i cannot get in real life. men shouldnt be too worried about what women on here say about them to be honest

Leicester

I'm still debating whether or not I should reply to "Hello big boy".

"I don't think its gender specific at all, I know some women refuse to take no for an answer I know some men who are the same...."

I'm not having that as a answer

I have never asked why someone doesn't want to meet me, I really don't need to know, so I just accept it and move on. The way I see it there are plenty more out there who may want to, so why should I concern myself with the ones who clearly don't.

I'm happy with a thanks no thanks or sorry you are not what I'm/ we are looking for. .. for the ones that read your message after you have put thought and effort into it then delete it, I do find rude but heyho not going to get up set about it and just move on...

"Probably. I've never been one for the 'but why' or 'you're just a fat slag anyway' approach. See my 'getting meets' thread for a more positive spin on the single man experience. Like the Murphy's....I'm tasty! "

why are you so far away! and you're out of my age range

Glasgow

"Probably. I've never been one for the 'but why' or 'you're just a fat slag anyway' approach. See my 'getting meets' thread for a more positive spin on the single man experience. Like the Murphy's....I'm tasty!

why are you so far away! and you're out of my age range "

PM me for a blether if you like, cos I can't PM you

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"most of the women on here are fat/old and ugly, tried 2 weeks on here meeting women then realised i could get alot better in a nightclub. im only here to meet something i cannot get in real life. men shouldnt be too worried about what women on here say about them to be honest"

Good job you're bi then, so it's all good!

In real world I dont think women handle rejection any better then men. On fab they do but thats because if they are rejected, 2 mins later they could be chatting to another bloke and all is forgotten. Thats not same for guys. It is hard for guys but on plus side, we dont have to deal with any abuse whatsoever.

"most of the women on here are fat/old and ugly, tried 2 weeks on here meeting women then realised i could get alot better in a nightclub. im only here to meet something i cannot get in real life. men shouldnt be too worried about what women on here say about them to be honest"

Eh, who is fat and ugly???

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

"The best rejection reply to my polite enquiry of vague innuendo (laced with some specific references to her profile) was from a lady who said "I am not here to serve bored men".

"

I like that one - conceited as it is...I must remember it....

Leicester

"most of the women on here are fat/old and ugly, tried 2 weeks on here meeting women then realised i could get alot better in a nightclub. im only here to meet something i cannot get in real life. men shouldnt be too worried about what women on here say about them to be honest

Good job you're bi then, so it's all good! "

I wanted to make a comment regarding his verifications but didn't fancy getting banned today. Wait, does this still count?

Leicester

"most of the women on here are fat/old and ugly, tried 2 weeks on here meeting women then realised i could get alot better in a nightclub. im only here to meet something i cannot get in real life. men shouldnt be too worried about what women on here say about them to be honest

Eh, who is fat and ugly???"

Focus on the word "most".

[Removed by poster at 20/12/13 01:08:42]

I wanted to make a comment regarding his verifications but didn't fancy getting banned today. Wait, does this still count? "

i only met a certain few JUST to get verified. only got bjs off them (reluctantly came in mouths) hahahahhahaha. anyway, the cream eventually rises to the top

"Probably. I've never been one for the 'but why' or 'you're just a fat slag anyway' approach. See my 'getting meets' thread for a more positive spin on the single man experience. Like the Murphy's....I'm tasty!

why are you so far away! and you're out of my age range "

he's a minger anyway, choose me instead

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I think women may be quieter about it, less likely to rant. And of course men will do more of the chasing, so get knocked back a lot more often.

" Thats not same for guys. It is hard for guys but on plus side, we dont have to deal with any abuse whatsoever. "

some of the ones that message me do

Glasgow

why are you so far away! and you're out of my age range

he's a minger anyway, choose me instead "

Sshhh, she doesn't need to know that!!

I wanted to make a comment regarding his verifications but didn't fancy getting banned today. Wait, does this still count?

i only met a certain few JUST to get verified. only got bjs off them (reluctantly came in mouths) hahahahhahaha. anyway, the cream eventually rises to the top"

Or curdles....

As a single guy I used to get plenty of action from fabs and away from fabs.

So if I wasn't someone's cup of tea it wouldn't be bothered so much as I knew there were always other people who were happy to meet me.

The male ego is a delicate thing sometimes and rejection brings out the worst in people.

Silk

I had a guy call me boring because I couldn't meet him. Oh I'm sorry, did you expect me to drop my knickers at the first message? he got blocked

i only met a certain few JUST to get verified. only got bjs off them (reluctantly came in mouths) hahahahhahaha. anyway, the cream eventually rises to the top"

you only met them just so you could get verified? how nice you are

...Up on the Downs

i only met a certain few JUST to get verified. only got bjs off them (reluctantly came in mouths) hahahahhahaha. anyway, the cream eventually rises to the top

you only met them just so you could get verified? how nice you are "

Five times too. Mmm-hmmm.

"Someone messaged us the other night and i replied with i dont think you are what we are looking for. Then i got a message back saying he didnt want to meet us arrogant fools anyway! He said my arse was nicer than my face (which he hadnt even seen) Then called us time wasters and blocked us. This is the reason people dont reply with even a no thanks "

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Guy messaged me the other writing in all caps about wanting me and demanding i accept a friend invite, I explained I usually chat a little before I do that... He tried everything said he didn't have pix but needed my email to send it, I told him its ok no worries then after a couple days if me being polite I said again that I really didn't think he was our type because he was being pushy, he replied that he felt the same way lol and that i was ugly and blocked me! Yet I had 10 messages stating otherwise. I don't say no often because most guys stop writing on their own but when I do it always comes back to me being a bitch :-/ lol it's always a fab catch 22

"Someone messaged us the other night and i replied with i dont think you are what we are looking for. Then i got a message back saying he didnt want to meet us arrogant fools anyway! He said my arse was nicer than my face (which he hadnt even seen) Then called us time wasters and blocked us. This is the reason people dont reply with even a no thanks

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Guy messaged me the other writing in all caps about wanting me and demanding i accept a friend invite, I explained I usually chat a little before I do that... He tried everything said he didn't have pix but needed my email to send it, I told him its ok no worries then after a couple days if me being polite I said again that I really didn't think he was our type because he was being pushy, he replied that he felt the same way lol and that i was ugly and blocked me! Yet I had 10 messages stating otherwise. I don't say no often because most guys stop writing on their own but when I do it always comes back to me being a bitch :-/ lol it's always a fab catch 22 "

I saw those lips and Lancaster an got excited.

Damn yanks stop naming your towns after places in the uk :D

"Someone messaged us the other night and i replied with i dont think you are what we are looking for. Then i got a message back saying he didnt want to meet us arrogant fools anyway! He said my arse was nicer than my face (which he hadnt even seen) Then called us time wasters and blocked us. This is the reason people dont reply with even a no thanks

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Guy messaged me the other writing in all caps about wanting me and demanding i accept a friend invite, I explained I usually chat a little before I do that... He tried everything said he didn't have pix but needed my email to send it, I told him its ok no worries then after a couple days if me being polite I said again that I really didn't think he was our type because he was being pushy, he replied that he felt the same way lol and that i was ugly and blocked me! Yet I had 10 messages stating otherwise. I don't say no often because most guys stop writing on their own but when I do it always comes back to me being a bitch :-/ lol it's always a fab catch 22

I saw those lips and Lancaster an got excited.

Damn yanks stop naming your towns after places in the uk :D"

Haha I know I hate it!! Can't tell you how many people message me from the lovely UK and California!!

I've made a couple wonderful friend from the uk though! So it's worth living across the pond I know where we are taking our next vacation lol

hehe fab couch surfing trip of the uk? :p

"hehe fab couch surfing trip of the uk? :p"

Haha nope I'm planning for the real deal... Sometime in the future a girl can dream can't she

Its not gender specific at all

I know women who take it completely to heart ( the status messages say it all) the same with men

With some its like an ego boosting competition = hence when they get a knockback the toys are out of the pram so to speak

Spot on!

London

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Guy messaged me the other writing in all caps about wanting me and demanding i accept a friend invite, I explained I usually chat a little before I do that... He tried everything said he didn't have pix but needed my email to send it, I told him its ok no worries then after a couple days if me being polite I said again that I really didn't think he was our type because he was being pushy, he replied that he felt the same way lol and that i was ugly and blocked me! Yet I had 10 messages stating otherwise. I don't say no often because most guys stop writing on their own but when I do it always comes back to me being a bitch :-/ lol it's always a fab catch 22 "

Personally, I don't understand engaging in message ping pong with someone you're NOT interested in meeting. It sends mixed messages and insults when the penny finally drops it's a no!

In six years I've never had an abusive message as (a) I have in my profile text I will not respond to anyone outwith my meet criteria: and I don't! (b) anyone meeting my criteria but I don't fancy gets a thanks but no thanks message which wishes them well and effectively ends the conversation. If they write again I delete unopened.

No mixed messages, no abusive mail.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"there are some vindictive women on here from what the guys have told me"

There are also some vindictive men and couples. Basically some people are nasty. I generally pay little attention to them. It only encourages them.

Just look at it as someone online you have never met,you would take it just the same if you was in a pub

""Theres a club if you'd like to go,

You could meet somebody who really loves you,

But you go; and you stand on your own; and you leave on your own,

And you go home,

And you cry and you want to die...""

Love song, good taste!

I liked the snake river conspiracy cover

"Just look at it as someone online you have never met,you would take it just the same if you was in a pub"

You do have very liberal pubs in Essex!!

"Must admit we do get asked "why" and whats's wrong with me. This despite them not reading our profile at all.

Which still ranks as our most vile reply."

Best reply to that hysterical person is a big lol. Rile them and say current treatment gives people a near normal life expectancy.

"I hope my post doesn't sound arrogant

What I was trying to say was that it's hard to find time to be that upset if someone does say no thanks when you aren't just relying on that one message for your chance of a meet. "

It did.

"I'm still debating whether or not I should reply to "Hello big boy"."

Since there's no picture of your penis on your profile and you state your height as 5'4", who sent this message, Jimmy Krankee?

I wanted to make a comment regarding his verifications but didn't fancy getting banned today. Wait, does this still count? "

"Just look at it as someone online you have never met,you would take it just the same if you was in a pub

You do have very liberal pubs in Essex!! "

no halfs of cider bag of ready salted and plenty of white heels lol

Dont forget the Dancing round the Handbag with those Big Hooped earings a'janglin

I had a lovely rejection reply the other week, she said you sound lovely but not for me at this time. I replied thanks and happy fabb'ing. And we left it at that, no bitterness on my part.

I think it just comes down to respect, and it's probably a reflection, that in this day an age, it's easier to hide behind an email or text than to have to guts to berate someone face to face, because let's face it, if we received a rejection in a pub/club in normal everyday life, they wouldn't have the bottle to say those things

As had been said time and time again, it's the minority that ruin it for everyone

A lot of couples on here hate to be told no thank you. Have had some serious abuse .... Just daft

Some people do feel aggrieved when others dont respond to them in the way they expect.

This is across the board here, men, women, couples, TVs.

...Up on the Downs

"

In six years I've never had an abusive message as (a) I have in my profile text I will not respond to anyone outwith my meet criteria: and I don't! (b) anyone meeting my criteria but I don't fancy gets a thanks but no thanks message which wishes them well and effectively ends the conversation. If they write again I delete unopened.

"

Haha, so actually you may have had them - just very cleverly not read them!!

We have had rejection ( no reply ) and simply move on .

We have also not replied when we are not interested

It's the nature of the game .

Really can't see why anyone gets het up about it , and it isn't just guys who complain - it seems that couples looking for a single bi female are the worst of all !

"In six years I've never had an abusive message as (a) I have in my profile text I will not respond to anyone outwith my meet criteria: and I don't! (b) anyone meeting my criteria but I don't fancy gets a thanks but no thanks message which wishes them well and effectively ends the conversation. If they write again I delete unopened.

No mixed messages, no abusive mail."

That's more or less how I operate. Only had one nasty message but that came totally our of the blue. Bit of an unhinged character

"there are some vindictive women on here from what the guys have told me"

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned "

Just try and diss my new handbag!

"

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Just try and diss my new handbag! "

If it ain't White it ain't getting danced around

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I should imagine there's bad on both sides. What gets my goat is someone sends a message. You read their profile your not what they are looking for. You say this and they say but I will make allowances for you. Like they are doing you a favour lol.

London

"

Haha, so actually you may have had them - just very cleverly not read them!!"

...and don't I feel good not knowing!

I'm assuming that's sarcastic ? ?

I think he makes some fair points .

It's not a complete generalisation as he says most , not all . And from his perspective they probably are .

And as for pulling better at a night club , that's true .

And if less of us worry about what people say about us it will be a result .

I think he makes some fair points .

It's not a complete generalisation as he says most , not all . And from his perspective they probably are .

And as for pulling better at a night club , that's true .

And if less of us worry about what people say about us it will be a result .

"

OP states he wanted to meet 'someTHING'. Hm. Inamimate objects?

Well hopefully they will all read this and block you. Then you'll have none.

Blocking? Nooo. I love those gems. Lord forbid the world would suddenly turn normal and boring.

for meeting in a club i expect to pull would be easy as your meeting the other person face to face,chatting and having a drink befor you go further.as on here theres not a lot of romance when a guy say "wanna suck my dick".or "meet forra fuc".in a one line message.but so far i find guys are polite with a message,i do say so far....lol...

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

hi all, before you think of making any negative comments to messages send. think on this ,

we sent a message to a couple in may , no reply, in September a reply with chance to meet, which we did and a very nice few days, was had by all,, Connie xx

What a load of old claptrap. Condesending and arrogant too .

What a load of old claptrap. Condesending and arrogant too . "

Really? Funnily enough you seem to be the only person to have thought so but thanks for the contribution.

By *anny PepperoniMan  over a year ago

Matlock

It's probably much easier to handle the occasional no thanks if you have an inbox full of fuck me messages. I couldn't say for certain cos I've never been in that situation.

Really? Funnily enough you seem to be the only person to have thought so but thanks for the contribution."

There are plenty of discussions on here that demonstrate how badly many women respond to the remotest suggestion of rejection.

Women are the very worst at accepting rejection,the majority of them are too scared to send an initial message incase they get ignored

Really? Funnily enough you seem to be the only person to have thought so but thanks for the contribution.

There are plenty of discussions on here that demonstrate how badly many women respond to the remotest suggestion of rejection."

I didn't dispute that but my post was hardly arrogant or condescending.

I never ask why if I get a rejection .Probably because I do not want hear why

Leicester

"I'm still debating whether or not I should reply to "Hello big boy".

Since there's no picture of your penis on your profile and you state your height as 5'4", who sent this message, Jimmy Krankee? "

A couple's profile. So yes, I suppose it could've been him and his misses *shudders*

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

When they tell you they want answers, just quote Jack Nicholson from a few good men - "you can't handle the truth!"

» Add a new message to this topic