FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > early rant .... royal mail parcels

early rant .... royal mail parcels

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

sat having breakfast this morning, royal mail parcel van pulled up, leant out of his window and put a card into the post box thats on our gate, i ran out to tell him we were in to see him driving off.

he never got out his van to knock on the door at all,

now we have to wait until friday for re delivery, or do a 30 mile round trip to collect (we live in the sticks).

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Make a complaint, I had similar, she walked up to the post box and put a card through without attempting delivery.

Never happened again and I was sent 12 1st class stamps.

notts

"Make a complaint, I had similar, she walked up to the post box and put a card through without attempting delivery.

Never happened again and I was sent 12 1st class stamps."

oh i did complain, believe me, but was told in no uncertain terms there will be no compensation

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I've had the same thing happened. It's very annoying.

By *ob55Man  over a year ago

PE13

had a card through my door saying they tried to deliver wednesday so I asked for redelivery online, Thursday was too early, Friday I was out at Lincoln market, so Saturday it was got my email confirmation, Saturday no delivery, postman came Monday still nothing, I asked him he said he'd check, came back 10 minutes later he'd found it in his van, so I got it late monday afternoon, instead of the previous Wednesday, it was work I had to finish in 1 week from delivery which was counted as the previous wednesday

i would report him,as he will keep doing it now hes got away with it,they do that to save time and take on another round for extra money or to get home early.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'd shop the git, too. It's no joke missing a parcel.

Personally I have a great postal service, but I've reached an understanding with my postman. He gets a tip and I never have to collect or sign for anything, it gets left where I like, too. Mind you, if I have a bag of sweets or chocolate bars, I leave one out for him, too.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Same happened to me this morning, I sat in the living room post came picked it up and there was a card, Noway on this earth had they knocked my front door

The postie twice in one week did that to me he just slipped in the card without knocking or ringing the doorbell.The second time I jumped into my car and track him down and asked why he didn't ring the bell etc he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Twat!!! I live in a country village and have to drive to next town.Catch him again doing it and he won't be able to walk again lol

"I'd shop the git, too. It's no joke missing a parcel.

Personally I have a great postal service, but I've reached an understanding with my postman. He gets a tip and I never have to collect or sign for anything, it gets left where I like, too. Mind you, if I have a bag of sweets or chocolate bars, I leave one out for him, too. "

If I was your postie I would go out of my way to look after you and give you a great servicing oops I mean great service.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

If I was your postie I would go out of my way to look after you and give you a great servicing oops I mean great service."

By *rumCoupleCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

Was waiting for a small package a while back. I work from home, so saw the postie go past. He got the shock of his life when he got to our door, and saw it was open. Cheeky **** had a pre-filled in card in his hand. When I asked for the parcel, he hadn't got it on him - he'd left it at the depot (obviously to lighten his load).

I complained, but the bottom line is it's the senders they'll listen to, not the recipient.

To be honest, I've had problems with all courier services at some point. The worst was ParcelFarce, who managed to ignore eBuyers note that a delivery should be "next day" (and thus delivered the day before Good Friday) and managed to deliver it on the following Wednesday - a 7 day wait when I paid *extra* for next day.

Absolute bunch of useless cnuts. Will be glad to see them all replaced by Hermes for example. Can’t wait to see them all sacked Had a business vehicle off the road over two weeks because I cannot access my parcel. They have literally done everything they can to stop me getting my parcel. Eventually the dimless fuckwit took the keys home to the room holding my parcel. After me cancelling a job to get to the post office. Would be fucking glad to see them all unemployed. Will now not buy anything off the net off anyone who uses Royal Mail.

By *ancsduoCouple  over a year ago

Morecambe

Report him.

It won't happen again.

Our postie is great

Morecambe

[Removed by poster at 10/01/22 19:04:03]

Morecambe

I'm a great postie too

"I'm a great postie too "

I appreciate great posties

Report it but do it in writing. I had issues with our postal service failing to deliver parcels even though the house was occupied. I wrote to the postmaster, received a reply and the problem of a lazy postman was sorted after he received a warning because the postmaster had evidence to put to him.

By *imbo59seMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

"Absolute bunch of useless cnuts. Will be glad to see them all replaced by Hermes for example. Can’t wait to see them all sacked Had a business vehicle off the road over two weeks because I cannot access my parcel. They have literally done everything they can to stop me getting my parcel. Eventually the dimless fuckwit took the keys home to the room holding my parcel. After me cancelling a job to get to the post office. Would be fucking glad to see them all unemployed. Will now not buy anything off the net off anyone who uses Royal Mail. "

I'm the opposite, no problems with my postie, but DPD and especially Hermes.....lazy f*ckers!

Watched a DPD driver drive up the driveway, got out and went straight into the car port. He jumped when I called out of the window to him.

Hermes did the same.....dogs alerted me and I met him in the car port....at least he had the grace to be embarrassed.

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I received a xmas card today! That says it all. I had lots of stuff that waited for ages and some that I never got. They are all the same, the service is appalling and if you try to speak to anyone, if you are lucky to get through after an hour of waiting, you are unlikely to get anywhere. Bring back the pigeons, I am sure they will do a better job although might not be quite as good with the bigger parcels.

Considering all the shit that's going on I've been really impressed with all the delivery companies.

We live in the middle of nowhere and it's a nightmare to find but rarely have problems.

I’m trying really really hard to keep a little business going. Royal Mail are the worst of all the delivery companies to make an effort to deliver my parcel. Shocking service by none.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I’m trying really really hard to keep a little business going. Royal Mail are the worst of all the delivery companies to make an effort to deliver my parcel. Shocking service by none. "

Worse than hermes?!

Our Hermes woman is actually brilliant but as a service it would be my last choice along with Yodel.

The DPD bloke is a knob but their service is good.

Yorkshire

Not personally had any issue with Hermes and the lady who delivers is great but seems a lot of others have had issues. I found an Amazon parcel the other day just left outside the door, I have two parcels I am waiting from DHL that they can't trace and pressured lost and a DPD delivery that they keep changing the date for nearly a week now. On the other hand they probably have lots of staff off at the moment like many companies and are struggling to manage.

Parcelforce mate totally separated from Royal Mail they are all non contract drivers or fixed term driving the company into the hands of a competitor like the post office counters

I'm a rural postie and we deliver parcelforce as well, and do their pick ups! The op is right to complain.

The only time I would red card without attempting to deliver is if I can't physically get the parcel in the van as its too big or heavy as we aren't meant to lift over a certain weight and sometimes the van is full to bursting, it's usually parcelforce that suffers this fate, but I wild always knock the door and explain to the customer as to why I'm red carding them to pick it up themselves.

"I’m trying really really hard to keep a little business going. Royal Mail are the worst of all the delivery companies to make an effort to deliver my parcel. Shocking service by none.

Worse than hermes?! "

Yes. The Hermes woman has a rack of common sense. Her hidey holes she finds on my property to stash parcels is ingenious.

I’m a postie and I’d like to think a pretty good one . Yes it’s hard walking 25 k a day in all weathers but wouldn’t change it for the world. Really pisses me off that a few lazy fuckers end up tarring us all with the same brush.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

There's some great 'day in the life' videos on YouTube of Amazon/Hermes/Yodel drivers.

Gives a great insight into their daily workloads. I think people will be a little more sympathetic once you see some of them.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I like my parcel man he delivers for a few places we allways have a chat when I see him on my cycle home or if I'm out with the dogs x

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I switched my 500 parcels a year business from Royal Mail to Hermes about 9 years ago, 90% of what I sell is glass (Cafetieres) and despite over the top packaging Royal Mail still managed to break on average 5% of the items.

In contrast the Hermes breakage rate is below 0.5% and the loss rate about the same, yes I have had problems along the way and contacting Hermes is a nightmare but overall I am a satisfied customer.

My local Hermes Courier is fantastic, since she found out about my health issues whenever she is in the Close she will check up on me to see that I am o.k.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

As I was reading this and I heard my letterbox clatter.

I got two birthday cards, one posted on the 29th December, one on the 30th. Both first class.

"I'm a rural postie and we deliver parcelforce as well, and do their pick ups! The op is right to complain.

The only time I would red card without attempting to deliver is if I can't physically get the parcel in the van as its too big or heavy as we aren't meant to lift over a certain weight and sometimes the van is full to bursting, it's usually parcelforce that suffers this fate, but I wild always knock the door and explain to the customer as to why I'm red carding them to pick it up themselves. "

This may be a really stupid question so forgive me. By employing the services of Royal Mail is it not the purpose to deliver it to your door and not leave it to the customer to have to take time out to collect it from somewhere else? If the parcel was to big or heavy to deliver should Royal Mail have agreed to take the job on?

"I'm a rural postie and we deliver parcelforce as well, and do their pick ups! The op is right to complain.

The only time I would red card without attempting to deliver is if I can't physically get the parcel in the van as its too big or heavy as we aren't meant to lift over a certain weight and sometimes the van is full to bursting, it's usually parcelforce that suffers this fate, but I wild always knock the door and explain to the customer as to why I'm red carding them to pick it up themselves.

This may be a really stupid question so forgive me. By employing the services of Royal Mail is it not the purpose to deliver it to your door and not leave it to the customer to have to take time out to collect it from somewhere else? If the parcel was to big or heavy to deliver should Royal Mail have agreed to take the job on? "

I totally agree with you! I hate doing it, parcelforce have tail lifts or sack trucks, we don't. Not all depots do it but we do here and I disagree with it, I feel really bad when I have to tell the customer they have to pick it up. I cannot carry a 5ft radiator for example. I agree it should be delivered to the customer, a whole set of wicker garden furniture is not going to fit in my van with my other parcels, but I'm not going to injure myself trying.

It's all down to money and trying to scrimp and save. Killing us in the process.

By *uv2kissMan  over a year ago

fenland

We had no post for 10 days over Xmas and new year.

Finally on 12th night we got 6 Xmas cards great on the day they come down

"We had no post for 10 days over Xmas and new year.

Finally on 12th night we got 6 Xmas cards great on the day they come down "

Posties are not immune to covid. I was off with covid over Xmas along with others. There are still cards coming through now so sorting offices are also struggling.

This may be a really stupid question so forgive me. By employing the services of Royal Mail is it not the purpose to deliver it to your door and not leave it to the customer to have to take time out to collect it from somewhere else? If the parcel was to big or heavy to deliver should Royal Mail have agreed to take the job on?

I totally agree with you! I hate doing it, parcelforce have tail lifts or sack trucks, we don't. Not all depots do it but we do here and I disagree with it, I feel really bad when I have to tell the customer they have to pick it up. I cannot carry a 5ft radiator for example. I agree it should be delivered to the customer, a whole set of wicker garden furniture is not going to fit in my van with my other parcels, but I'm not going to injure myself trying.

It's all down to money and trying to scrimp and save. Killing us in the process.

"

I’ve done some research and apparently Parcel Force carry the big stuff anyway. Can’t see why you would drop a card off for a failed delivery of a big item that wasn’t even in your little van but hey ho. I’ve posted stuff all over the world from small parcels to pallets loads and just find RM generally poor.

Can't say I've had a prob with any deliveries other than sometimes I've not heard the door knock as it's not the loudest, if it's a time I'm not going to be around, I get it delivered to my corner shop. Think most are doing the best they can under difficult circumstances though always going to be the odd chance, get that everywhere.

*chancer

By *amyam5627Man  over a year ago

Swadlincote

Where I work uses Royal Mail (we send on average 250-300 packages a week all over the world) and parcel force, we regularly find letters in the empty post bags we receive, where they have got stuck as they empty them. The recorded post is terrible as they only update the tracking when they attempt to deliver it. First class post they tell us can take anything up to 11 working days, and we can’t claim until day 15 I believe.

Parcel force can’t cope with the amount of stuff that is going through the system, they also have a new computer system for the drivers, telling them when and what to deliver. Our driver told us that one day he drove past our premises 5 times with a parcel onboard for us, however because it wasn’t an AM delivery, the computer wouldn’t allow him to deliver it until our collection time!!!

He regularly has to leave parcels of his van, as he physically cannot fit them onboard, and when he’s on holiday it takes two drivers to cover him and we never know if we will actually get anything or get a collection!!

We would change over, but parcel force are the only ones that will carry certain things that we sell.

The posties and our parcel force driver though are superb, it’s just the system that lets it down.

By *edheadjMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

This is why I have a ring camera on our door

"Where I work uses Royal Mail (we send on average 250-300 packages a week all over the world) and parcel force, we regularly find letters in the empty post bags we receive, where they have got stuck as they empty them. The recorded post is terrible as they only update the tracking when they attempt to deliver it. First class post they tell us can take anything up to 11 working days, and we can’t claim until day 15 I believe.

Parcel force can’t cope with the amount of stuff that is going through the system, they also have a new computer system for the drivers, telling them when and what to deliver. Our driver told us that one day he drove past our premises 5 times with a parcel onboard for us, however because it wasn’t an AM delivery, the computer wouldn’t allow him to deliver it until our collection time!!!

He regularly has to leave parcels of his van, as he physically cannot fit them onboard, and when he’s on holiday it takes two drivers to cover him and we never know if we will actually get anything or get a collection!!

We would change over, but parcel force are the only ones that will carry certain things that we sell.

The posties and our parcel force driver though are superb, it’s just the system that lets it down. "

Good explanation. Thanks.

notts

Just to be clear. This post was about a rural postie hence why he was in a van.

The thread was posted regarding the event when it happened almost 7 years ago. Why it has been dug out of the archives, I have no idea

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

Got a family memeber who's a postie, even he says the new system they introduced to manage parcels/deliveries etc is falling over badly.

On top of that, they're hiring a lot of zero hour contracts, which is fair enough, but they aren't getting the proper training of a permanent employee, so mistakes are being made a lot more frequently.

By *onnatvsussexTV/TS  over a year ago

littlehampton

walked out the door the other morning by chance the post man was walking up and had the card allready filled in. the sorting office is on my way to work and only open half days so popped in onlt to be told have to wait to following day as postman not back yet. explained he never took parcel out ,but they did not want to know.

"Just to be clear. This post was about a rural postie hence why he was in a van.

The thread was posted regarding the event when it happened almost 7 years ago. Why it has been dug out of the archives, I have no idea "

It was a post regarding Royal Mail. Are there any rules saying the post cannot be flashed up again?

Yorkshire

Probably because lots of people are experiencing delivery issues at the moment including myself. Although I do appreciate that currently lots of companies have issues with staff absences etc.

notts

"Just to be clear. This post was about a rural postie hence why he was in a van.

The thread was posted regarding the event when it happened almost 7 years ago. Why it has been dug out of the archives, I have no idea

It was a post regarding Royal Mail. Are there any rules saying the post cannot be flashed up again? "

Never said it couldn’t. Was giving some context as it was being compared to the parcel section of Royal Mail when it was a normal postman and also being compared to the parcel situation during covid which it also was not.

If you need anymore clarity, please don’t be afraid to ask

The thread was posted regarding the event when it happened almost 7 years ago. Why it has been dug out of the archives, I have no idea "

Has it been delivered yet?

notts

Has it been delivered yet?"

Nah ... ended up collecting it, was easier

» Add a new message to this topic