FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stereotypes

Stereotypes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atisfy jane OP   Woman  over a year ago

Torquay

I am not usually one to stereotype people but was seriously guilty of doing it this week and was left with egg on my face....

I rented out two Chocolate Fountains to customers, one was to a couple who paid on a platinum credit card and lived in a Million pound house.

The other was for a gypsy wedding, I was absolutely dreading losing the machine or getting it back wrecked for some reason, so much so I asked for a far greater deposit.

However I got both Chocolate Fountains back in yesterday afternoon, the one from the 'Wealthy' customers was in a terrible state, so much so that they were charged a penalty fee from their deposit.

The one I got back from the gypsies was absolutely spotless, in fact the cleanest I have ever had one returned to my shop.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Proper gypsy's are proud people and i am not surprised.

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

You never know eh? I've always (sadly) been a believer that peopel will never look after your property like they would theirs.

Forum Mod

I think we have all been a bit guilty of this at some point probably without even realising it

Just shows you that a platinum credit card and a million pound house does not equal respect for others or their property.............I wonder if they think that their high ranking status means that they are above all that

You're human Jane - we're all guilty of that at some point.

I've made some classics and some have been made against me. I remember when my daughter was about three and we were in a playground. I got talking to one of the other mums and work came up. I said I was lucky as I worked at the local college so didn't have far to travel.

The woman said oh I'd love to work there, it's ideal. If I give you my number when you go to work on Monday could you ask your cleaning supervisor if there are any vacancies.

I said sorry I don't know who the cleaning supervisor is I'm head of Business Studies - !

Forum Mod

lol @ Sassy,now that was a massive assumption and I hope she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her after that

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Qbviously had you down as the stereotypical scrubber then.

Runs and hides

Forum Mod

Grabs Bobby before he can hide and holds him hostage until Sassy does what she does best with him

Menston near Ilkley

"Grabs Bobby before he can hide and holds him hostage until Sassy does what she does best with him "

Hopes its Jo holding him hostage!

She was mortified, I felt sorry for her !

I have my restraints and paddle ready so you can let Bobby go, I'll take it from here lol!

Menston near Ilkley

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

"I am not usually one to stereotype people but was seriously guilty of doing it this week and was left with egg on my face....

I rented out two Chocolate Fountains to customers, one was to a couple who paid on a platinum credit card and lived in a Million pound house.

The other was for a gypsy wedding, I was absolutely dreading losing the machine or getting it back wrecked for some reason, so much so I asked for a far greater deposit.

However I got both Chocolate Fountains back in yesterday afternoon, the one from the 'Wealthy' customers was in a terrible state, so much so that they were charged a penalty fee from their deposit.

The one I got back from the gypsies was absolutely spotless, in fact the cleanest I have ever had one returned to my shop.

"

You have our respect, lady, Big Time! You have balls to admit to this - most of us have some prejudice somewhere, even when actively and consciously trying not to.... but to come out and admit to it...

Drawing our hats or whatever else we could draw!

I am well familiar with stereotyping being a TV. You see I simply MUST be gay or at least Bi, like to go with single guys. a just a man in a skirt and of course there is something gravely wrong with me. Glad your experience was the opposite to what you had thought and also good for you for for posting this and showing we can all be wrong by simply judging a book by it's cover.

Katie x

» Add a new message to this topic