FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cousin Sex

Cousin Sex

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hermin1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Nottingham

Apparently cousin sex is not illegal in UK , that being said, would you fuck your cousin?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If she looked like Elle Mcpherson yes

"Apparently cousin sex is not illegal in UK , that being said, would you fuck your cousin?"

Was married to mine... In the end small minded idiots got to me and we just split. Was still close friends till he sadly passed.

my family is messed up as it is, but if one of the 3 made a move i wouldn't back away if the other 2 did i would run for the hills

Nottingham

"my family is messed up as it is, but if one of the 3 made a move i wouldn't back away if the other 2 did i would run for the hills"

what do you mean by messed up?

I don't have any cousins as blood relatives, lots of 'step' ones though, many of whom are babes so yes I probably would given the opportunity

Not a chance. There isntca member of my family I'd ever bother saying hello too so sex is way off the agenda!

On a serious note, as ever each to their own and if it works for them who are we to criticise.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

whilst it may not be illegal and respecting that relationships may work etc..

just seems a tad too close to home, not for me..

No chance, but having said that if she looked like Scarlett Johansson. Then probably yes.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

An old friend of ours was married to her cousin, I wouldn't though as I grew up close with most of my cousins and they were like brothers and sisters.

I've got a couple of cousins who are every attractive, but no, I still wouldn't

Not for me thanks x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"whilst it may not be illegal and respecting that relationships may work etc..

"

I have always found it strange that is legal anyway

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

No, but they did once have a neighbour who was fit, if that counts?

"I've got a couple of cousins who are every attractive, but no, I still wouldn't"

Not feeling that Ill then

My mission is aborted

"I've got a couple of cousins who are every attractive, but no, I still wouldn't

Not feeling that Ill then

My mission is aborted "

I still need soup

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Na, I don't like how they all have six fingers on each hand, helps them play the banjo though.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I have always found it strange that is legal anyway"

I thought that 2 'first blood cousins' couldn't...?

not sure now..

My cousin has all of a sudden become a strapping handsome young man.. But I do t think I could ever go there! Families are complicated enough as they are.

I think I'd steer well clear. Just seems a bit....strange.

"My cousin has all of a sudden become a strapping handsome young man.. But I do t think I could ever go there! Families are complicated enough as they are."

Amen to that.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I have always found it strange that is legal anyway"

I guess it dates from a time when people couldn't / didn't move around as much so choice was limited.

Laurie Lee (or someone) wrote 'incest flourishes where the roads are bad '.

I think there are enough people to fuck in this world without having to involve family members

So no I would'nt fuck any of my many cousins

only have male cousins, so no, although some of their partners arent bad.

but, as crystal and wheels said, i dont talk with most of my family, so sex is a definite no no

i don't think i would, i don't look at any of my cousins and see an attraction at all, that's not to say they are all munters, i just don't _iew them in that way, it like looking at my brother, he's just there, i feel the same about my cousins

No, I wouldn't.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

No. I just don't see any of my cousins like that. They're more like brothers.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Like most I don't really think of them in that way.

But if I was like really d*unk and they were like all over my junk yo, then shit! WTF!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have nearly over 30 first cousins, from those in their late teens to their early 50s and I don't know them all. I have lost track of the number of 2nd cousins I have. One of my male cousins is attractive and charming and has a naughty side but it just wouldn't be right.

When she was alive no as way too young and not my thing

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Not for me ta...bunch of neanderthals to a man as it is, I'm far too fiesty for that lot anyway!

By *aaLaaWoman  over a year ago

Pontesbury

It is the closest familial relationship allowed. Genetically it isn't a good idea, but where I live there are some big families and it's hard to keep track of who you're related to beyond the second cousin mark

If you related to somebody as a second cousin on both your mum's side and your dad's side, is that worse than a first cousin?

Nottingham

"It is the closest familial relationship allowed. Genetically it isn't a good idea, but where I live there are some big families and it's hard to keep track of who you're related to beyond the second cousin mark

If you related to somebody as a second cousin on both your mum's side and your dad's side, is that worse than a first cousin? "

I'm pretty sure that people will look down at it. However, it is not illegal so.................

Not something I would do no matter how gorgeous they were!

"Apparently cousin sex is not illegal in UK , that being said, would you fuck your cousin?"

my cousin is very pretty and yes there is nothing wrong but no, we was a massive part of my life growing up like a sister and its wrong in my eyes!

By *lack PharohMan  over a year ago

Barnet

Each to their own some things I do do not sit well with others , I would not marry my cousin , but I will not look down on those who choose to .

I wonder how many relatives have accidentally got it on? There was a story ages ago about a brother and sister that got married before discovering they were related.

No! There are millions out there who I am not closely related to who are better looking.

"Apparently cousin sex is not illegal in UK , that being said, would you fuck your cousin?

Was married to mine... In the end small minded idiots got to me and we just split. Was still close friends till he sadly passed. "

. Few of those posting in this link Hun. Love is a strange thing sometime some people are just meant to be. Fate chooses a lot in life and sometimes you can't help who you fall in love with. I'm sorry it didn't work for you x

(But im allowed to... )

By *lleyCat1969Man  over a year ago

Folkestone

One of mine, yes; the other two, no. Unfortunately, the attractive one also has the biggest husband.

Strange thread. Seriously ! This is Jeremy Kyle territory !

Interbreeding is a guaranteed way to produce deformed children. This is the reason there is a strong and justified taboo. In some religions it is common practice and it creates a host of problems.

If you are considering sleeping with your cousin, you do need to seek immediate help.

Glasgow

"Strange thread. Seriously ! This is Jeremy Kyle territory !

Interbreeding is a guaranteed way to produce deformed children. This is the reason there is a strong and justified taboo. In some religions it is common practice and it creates a host of problems.

If you are considering sleeping with your cousin, you do need to seek immediate help. "

Guaranteed is a bit strong but it will increase the chances. This is how the idea of the village idiot came about.

Gotta admit I got two cousins who are not attractive but fuckabke so although it's in the head yes I would ..

"Apparently cousin sex is not illegal in UK , that being said, would you fuck your cousin?

Was married to mine... In the end small minded idiots got to me and we just split. Was still close friends till he sadly passed. . Few of those posting in this link Hun. Love is a strange thing sometime some people are just meant to be. Fate chooses a lot in life and sometimes you can't help who you fall in love with. I'm sorry it didn't work for you x"

I second that

Glasgow

"Gotta admit I got two cousins who are not attractive but fuckabke so although it's in the head yes I would .."

The deal isn't 'don't fuck them', the deal is 'don't breed with them'.

Why stop at cousin ? There is no moral difference with it being a closer relative like sister or brother. All result in genetic problems that will cause your offspring life long problems and shorten their life span. The social stigma is there for a reason !

And yes you can help who you fall in love with.. You make a choice! That is what separates us from base animals.

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

I had a major crush on my one cousin when i was a youngster but that was all it was id never have sex with a cousin.

Where i live there are a lot of big families too and i know of a brother and sister who accidently slept together as rhey didnt realise they shared the same Dad!!! If both Mothers had of been bonest about the kids parentage it wouldnt of happened!

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

*Honest not bonest

Glasgow

"Why stop at cousin ? There is no moral difference with it being a closer relative like sister or brother. All result in genetic problems that will cause your offspring life long problems and shorten their life span. The social stigma is there for a reason !

"

There plenty of exclusions scattered through Scripture about which relatives you shouldn't have sex with.

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

if my cousin made a pass at me i would give him a boot in the balls.

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

Seeing as all my cousin are guy, that's something that will never happen.

When i saw topic the film deliverance and duelling banjos sprang to mind

God no. Well not the ones I know. One of mine is gay, ones a junkie, one is a fat chain smoking layabout, and one would sell his granny if she were still alive.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

No.....

"Why stop at cousin ? There is no moral difference with it being a closer relative like sister or brother. All result in genetic problems that will cause your offspring life long problems and shorten their life span. The social stigma is there for a reason !

"

Because actually there isn't much chance of genetic issues... And I know because I spoke to people about it before having children... I spoke to real doctors about the chances..

So please don't talk about something you clearly have no knowledge of.

And it's others attitudes that ruined a good thing

The children of first-cousin marriages have an increased risk of genetic disorders, this is fact. I have a medical background and can guarantee you were advised badly or chose not to listen to the information presented.

Cousin relationships are selfish and not only create real risk for their offspring, the children face social problems due to the taboo of these relationships.

The taboo is there for a reason and long may it remain. 'The cosanguineous marriages also contributed to the development of the 'Hapsburg jaw' which featured in paintings by Titian and Velazaquez. This disfiguring condition is where the lower jaw grows faster than upper jaw.

As well as having this trait, Charles II's tongue was so big he had difficulty speaking and drooled.'

Glasgow

Because actually there isn't much chance of genetic issues... And I know because I spoke to people about it before having children... I spoke to real doctors about the chances..

And it's others attitudes that ruined a good thing "

There's a difference between "there isn't much chance of genetic issues" and 'there's more chance of genetic issues becoming a problem between 1st cousins than between two unrelated individuals, even if it's slight'.

Just as with animals, it might be possible to get away with it for a few generations but the likelihood of a problem increases each time it's done.

The incidence of haemophilia amongst members of European royal families has been put down to in-breeding. That's why a bit of fresh blood (the Spencer and Middleton girls for example) is needed from time to time.

".....Charles II's tongue was so big he had difficulty speaking and drooled.'

"

That's what he and I have in common...

Ladies...

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

And it's others attitudes that ruined a good thing "

In terms of birth defects, the risks rise from about 2% in the general population to 4% when the parents are closely related.

"The children of first-cousin marriages have an increased risk of genetic disorders, this is fact. I have a medical background and can guarantee you were advised badly or chose not to listen to the information presented.

Cousin relationships are selfish and not only create real risk for their offspring, the children face social problems due to the taboo of these relationships.

The taboo is there for a reason and long may it remain. 'The cosanguineous marriages also contributed to the development of the 'Hapsburg jaw' which featured in paintings by Titian and Velazaquez. This disfiguring condition is where the lower jaw grows faster than upper jaw.

As well as having this trait, Charles II's tongue was so big he had difficulty speaking and drooled.'

"

No I'm sure I listened very closely as I wanted to make sure I was not putting my possible children at risk. We were seen by specialists in genetics so pretty sure they knew there stuff at a very well respected hospital.

The risks were explained and were very very low.... Increased though if the closeness was repeated with our children etc. It is not selfish just narrow minded people that chose to think they have the right to say it's not right...

I had many appointments as I already had a child with disabilities from s former relationship.. so it wasn't something I agreed to do lightly...

Abd medical background means nothing unless you specialized in whatever area is being asked. That's like saying a heart surgeon can do what a brain surgeon does.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

And no.

The chances of having a ginger child increase by 82%

"The children of first-cousin marriages have an increased risk of genetic disorders, this is fact. I have a medical background and can guarantee you were advised badly or chose not to listen to the information presented.

No I'm sure I listened very closely as I wanted to make sure I was not putting my possible children at risk. We were seen by specialists in genetics so pretty sure they knew there stuff at a very well respected hospital.

The risks were explained and were very very low.... Increased though if the closeness was repeated with our children etc. It is not selfish just narrow minded people that chose to think they have the right to say it's not right...

I had many appointments as I already had a child with disabilities from s former relationship.. so it wasn't something I agreed to do lightly...

Abd medical background means nothing unless you specialized in whatever area is being asked. That's like saying a heart surgeon can do what a brain surgeon does."

. It's ok Hun he's probably a hospital porter lol

Any blood relation is a major no no. There have been relatives though who in the passed have married into mine. So only related by name/marriage only and I certainly would.

If it was that special and enduring.. Why not just move 20 miles away where nobody knew you were cousins?

It is not true that there is just one person out there for you, there are lots of people. Interbreeding tends to happen in towns where people stay there their whole life and they lack ambition to get out and see the rest of the world. Billions of people out there ! No need to breed with your cousin.

"Any blood relation is a major no no. There have been relatives though who in the passed have married into mine. So only related by name/marriage only and I certainly would. "

Is anyone seriously defending cousin fucking ?

[Removed by poster at 21/12/13 23:24:58]

"Any blood relation is a major no no. There have been relatives though who in the passed have married into mine. So only related by name/marriage only and I certainly would.

Is anyone seriously defending cousin fucking ? "

Yes me because there is nothing wrong. As I said there is a slight increase but nothing major..

"If it was that special and enduring.. Why not just move 20 miles away where nobody knew you were cousins?

It is not true that there is just one person out there for you, there are lots of people. Interbreeding tends to happen in towns where people stay there their whole life and they lack ambition to get out and see the rest of the world. Billions of people out there ! No need to breed with your cousin.

"

your very judgemental to say your on a swingers site

"If it was that special and enduring.. Why not just move 20 miles away where nobody knew you were cousins?

"

Alot of sweep statements there, think it's wrong to comment on a relationship that you nothing about especially questioning how speacial/close it was, think that's below the belt.

Back to the original question no I wouldn't as I dont see my cousina like that but would never judge anyone that did.

Scuse the typos on a touchscreen

I will bow out now as it's a little close to my heart and I cant stand people claiming to have knowledge when they haven't a clue.

X

I have a combined degree in biology and psychology.. But ended up in clinical psychology. I have seen the effects if people born through incesteous relationships through abuse.

It is not just the increase of genetic abnormalities, it is the effect on the child when they get to school. This is why it is a selfish act. These are the children that end up in therapy.

"I have a combined degree in biology and psychology.. But ended up in clinical psychology. I have seen the effects if people born through incesteous relationships through abuse.

It is not just the increase of genetic abnormalities, it is the effect on the child when they get to school. This is why it is a selfish act. These are the children that end up in therapy. "

My children are fine.. as are plenty of others.. oh and I'm a psychologist. The thing that matters to kids is that they are happy..

If someone said the words.. 'Slight increased risk to your children' this is the point you register that it is a bad idea. You move heaven and earth to make sure your children are safe, so creating a child knowing of any increase risk is irresponsible and should be condemned.

"I have a combined degree in biology and psychology.. But ended up in clinical psychology. I have seen the effects if people born through incesteous relationships through abuse.

It is not just the increase of genetic abnormalities, it is the effect on the child when they get to school. This is why it is a selfish act. These are the children that end up in therapy. "

That's not the same, that's abuse, totally not the same as Cali being in a loving relationship with someone who just happened to be her cousin.

Alot of sweep statements there, think it's wrong to comment on a relationship that you nothing about especially questioning how speacial/close it was, think that's below the belt.

Back to the original question no I wouldn't as I dont see my cousina like that but would never judge anyone that did.

"

Really, you are a psychologist.. Clinical or research ?

It is not just the increase of genetic abnormalities, it is the effect on the child when they get to school. This is why it is a selfish act. These are the children that end up in therapy.

That's not the same, that's abuse, totally not the same as Cali being in a loving relationship with someone who just happened to be her cousin."

You here this same defence on Jeremy Kyle 'we were in love'

So what? Love does not absolve moral responsibility

"If someone said the words.. 'Slight increased risk to your children' this is the point you register that it is a bad idea. You move heaven and earth to make sure your children are safe, so creating a child knowing of any increase risk is irresponsible and should be condemned. "

your argument falls on its arse due to these parents that would do anything to stop any harm befalling their children drinking and smoking, through pregnancy

driving too fast/without proper restraints/while talking on their phones, by pushing the buggy out in front whilst trying to cross the road, and all manner of things that parents actually blindly do to put their kids in danger.

personally, i dont care who someone is in a relationship with, as long as its not illegal, i would much rather it be a loving relationship for bringing up any children in

"

That's not the same, that's abuse, totally not the same as Cali being in a loving relationship with someone who just happened to be her cousin."

Exactly.. I work with many that have been abused.. it's the abuse not the relationship and incestuous children are going to be more affected because it's illegal and immoral and then the child will know that they were begotten by that coupling.

It's totally different to two people that start s normal happy relationship.. btw the odds I was given was 1 in 25000 chance after the testing that I underwent.. I think you should find that lower than the actual average.. as I said.. I took it seriously and undertook a lot of advice and investigation.. selfish is not something I am when it comes to my children.

"

Abd medical background means nothing unless you specialized in whatever area is being asked. That's like saying a heart surgeon can do what a brain surgeon does."

And yet the specialist who removed my hemorrhoids is now a senior cardiac surgeon...

Meanwhile, back at the whimsy of the original post.... Would anyone fuck their cousin, not have children with, fall in love with or marry...

That's not the same, that's abuse, totally not the same as Cali being in a loving relationship with someone who just happened to be her cousin.

So what? Love does not absolve moral responsibility "

There is nothing morally wrong.. or it would not be permitted..

"Really, you are a psychologist.. Clinical or research ?

"

Yes as those that know me well can attest too.. and we won't get into who's more qualified

Glasgow

Yes as those that know me well can attest too.. and we won't get into who's more qualified "

Oh dear. Oh ****ing dear.

So what? Love does not absolve moral responsibility "

Your hughly judgemental, you do not know the lady in question but you seem to think you have her all worled out and comparing her to someone off of jeremy kyle.

You have no idea about her life or her relationship with her cousin or their children.

It is legal in the uk, she fell in love, they had children and as long as the children are happy I don't see the problem.

It's like your looking for problems where there aren't any.

There are increased risks of downsyndrome etc the older you are having a baby, but many women still do, are you going to get on your soapbox about that too? Perfectly legal but the slight risk is there?

I don't think it's anything to do with risk you just have decided it's wrong and that's that. Life os not as black and white as that, relationships are not as black and white as that, and doing the job you do im surprised that you can't grasp that?

Christ, what a depressing thread this is.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I do like in when 'experts' try to tell others how their life events went.

We get it Surfer dude, your not in the cousin sex camp but your attitude and condemnation of one poster brave enough to tell her truth is really only making you look bad.

Personally I wouldn't have sex or a relationship with any of my cousins but I don't think any less of those people who do.

Yes as those that know me well can attest too.. and we won't get into who's more qualified

Oh dear. Oh ****ing dear. "

Pssssst....For Tourettes you will need a psychiatrist not a psychologist...

So what? Love does not absolve moral responsibility

Your hughly judgemental, you do not know the lady in question but you seem to think you have her all worled out and comparing her to someone off of jeremy kyle.

You have no idea about her life or her relationship with her cousin or their children.

It is legal in the uk, she fell in love, they had children and as long as the children are happy I don't see the problem.

It's like your looking for problems where there aren't any.

There are increased risks of downsyndrome etc the older you are having a baby, but many women still do, are you going to get on your soapbox about that too? Perfectly legal but the slight risk is there?

I don't think it's anything to do with risk you just have decided it's wrong and that's that. Life os not as black and white as that, relationships are not as black and white as that, and doing the job you do im surprised that you can't grasp that?"

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Yes as those that know me well can attest too.. and we won't get into who's more qualified "

I find that difficult to believe to be honest....fairplay to you.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Was married to mine... In the end small minded idiots got to me and we just split. Was still close friends till he sadly passed. "

Forgive me for getting confused but it is my age....not wanting to pry but have you been married a few times? As I thought you once said you were married to an abusive man and that was why you divorced him.

"

Was married to mine... In the end small minded idiots got to me and we just split. Was still close friends till he sadly passed.

Forgive me for getting confused but it is my age....not wanting to pry but have you been married a few times? As I thought you once said you were married to an abusive man and that was why you divorced him.

"

Ive been married twice .. had numerous awful relationships.. last husband would mentally abused me.. my first husband was my cousin. We had been close since we were babies. We remained friends after we split up.

"

"

That may have been number two...

This thread has turned awful with one person brave enough to tell her story having to defend herself and her actions and for what? Someone is so ignorant they can't accept that people can't help who they fall in love with.

"This thread has turned awful with one person brave enough to tell her story having to defend herself and her actions and for what? Someone is so ignorant they can't accept that people can't help who they fall in love with."

I think to some it's taboo and when someone is so open about something that people air their concerns or _iews....I don't have any _iews on it but it's certainly not something I would enter into....

"This thread has turned awful with one person brave enough to tell her story having to defend herself and her actions and for what? Someone is so ignorant they can't accept that people can't help who they fall in love with."

Welcome to internet forums...

Thanks. I am not ashamed or I would keep quiet... And I'm used to it now... To be honest mostly it only comes up if someone else brings it up..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Hey, no one has to defend themselves for anything, they can walk away from the thread and ignore anyone who doesn't agree with what they are saying

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Ive been married twice .. had numerous awful relationships.. last husband would mentally abused me.. my first husband was my cousin. We had been close since we were babies. We remained friends after we split up. "

Ok, thanks for answering, although I am still a bit confused but I might stay that way

Oh I get that people can walk away but I don't think I could if I had strong opinions on something.

No I wouldn't do anything with my cousins but I certainly wouldn't judge anyone else for what they get up to. It's their business, that's it. He without son cast the first stone and all of that.

"

Ive been married twice .. had numerous awful relationships.. last husband would mentally abused me.. my first husband was my cousin. We had been close since we were babies. We remained friends after we split up.

Ok, thanks for answering, although I am still a bit confused but I might stay that way "

Ive had 2 marriages and 4what I would call serious relationships... I'm much happier now being single lol

"Oh I get that people can walk away but I don't think I could if I had strong opinions on something.

No I wouldn't do anything with my cousins but I certainly wouldn't judge anyone else for what they get up to. It's their business, that's it. He without son cast the first stone and all of that."

And out of the crowd came a big rock.. Killed the hooker....!!!! And Jesus turned and sighed.... " Sometimes mother, you really annoy me..."

Sorry Cali if I offended you, it sounds like you have had a rough time. Some of this is due to bad decisions you have made and I think this settles why it is better to broaden your mate selection outside your own gene pool.

"Sorry Cali if I offended you, it sounds like you have had a rough time. Some of this is due to bad decisions you have made and I think this settles why it is better to broaden your mate selection outside your own gene pool. "

Oh dear god....how do you come to the conclusion that her decisions were bad? Her decisions were her decisions....as for her mate selection that her own business who she chooses as a mate....

"Sorry Cali if I offended you, it sounds like you have had a rough time. Some of this is due to bad decisions you have made and I think this settles why it is better to broaden your mate selection outside your own gene pool.

Oh dear god....how do you come to the conclusion that her decisions were bad? Her decisions were her decisions....as for her mate selection that her own business who she chooses as a mate...."

Wow, some people

Correct me if im wrong but aint it the norm for muslims to marry their cousins??

"Sorry Cali if I offended you, it sounds like you have had a rough time. Some of this is due to bad decisions you have made and I think this settles why it is better to broaden your mate selection outside your own gene pool. "

How can you offer an apology yet still criticise?!? Unbelievable.

So the hard luck she has had is down to the fact she married her cousin? Again unbelievable!!

[Removed by poster at 22/12/13 00:42:20]

"Sorry Cali if I offended you, it sounds like you have had a rough time. Some of this is due to bad decisions you have made and I think this settles why it is better to broaden your mate selection outside your own gene pool.

Oh dear god....how do you come to the conclusion that her decisions were bad? Her decisions were her decisions....as for her mate selection that her own business who she chooses as a mate...."

I was wondering how he came to his conclusion.. and as my first marriage was only good one maybe I should try a cousin on my fathers side next .. ( joke btw. I don't see them like that)

Not sure why you have thought it proves your argument either as none of my terrible relationship choices were down to genetics..

Life is hard but you do your best.. so don't need anyone to feel sorry for me... Some don't agree but the fact is it's not illegal and I it's not incestuous or it wouldn't be allowed.

"Correct me if im wrong but aint it the norm for muslims to marry their cousins??"

It's not unusual for there to be cousins marrying each across the Indian sub-continent, not just Muslims. It has been a cause for concern in East London where hospitals and doctors have seen an increase in inherited genetic disabilities and there has been an education programme about the risks.

"Correct me if im wrong but aint it the norm for muslims to marry their cousins??"

Many religions marry their relatives including Muslims and it's considered normal practise....

Oh dear god....how do you come to the conclusion that her decisions were bad? Her decisions were her decisions....as for her mate selection that her own business who she chooses as a mate....

I was wondering how he came to his conclusion.. and as my first marriage was only good one maybe I should try a cousin on my fathers side next .. ( joke btw. I don't see them like that)

Not sure why you have thought it proves your argument either as none of my terrible relationship choices were down to genetics..

Life is hard but you do your best.. so don't need anyone to feel sorry for me... Some don't agree but the fact is it's not illegal and I it's not incestuous or it wouldn't be allowed."

raise above it.

"Correct me if im wrong but aint it the norm for muslims to marry their cousins??

It's not unusual for there to be cousins marrying each across the Indian sub-continent, not just Muslims. It has been a cause for concern in East London where hospitals and doctors have seen an increase in inherited genetic disabilities and there has been an education programme about the risks.

"

I was told it became an issue if my parents were related etc and if you keep mixing like that ..

"Correct me if im wrong but aint it the norm for muslims to marry their cousins??

I was told it became an issue if my parents were related etc and if you keep mixing like that .. "

Yes. The most common problem has been increased cases of cleft palate.

"

Yes. The most common problem has been increased cases of cleft palate.

"

This was why I saw a specialist because I wanted to know ... They were very clear that one generation of doing it there was very little risk.. but the more times it happens the risks increase. If you have 3 generations in a row then the risks really start to increase.

[Removed by poster at 22/12/13 10:50:28]

The risk of birth defects is actually lower for first cousins than women over 40.. or those that drink regular and even those that smoke.

The only except is if there is a inherited genetic issue..and your both from the side of the family carrying it...

If you do in depth research you can find those results.. however like when I first checked.. it seems to be a common misconception that your twice as likely to have problems

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Oh dear. Oh ****ing dear. "

I thought that should elicit more more of a hahhaaaaaaaaaa fnarrrrrrrrr haaaaa haaaaaaaaaa ha ha haaaa .... oh dear.

King's Crustacean

"Oh I get that people can walk away but I don't think I could if I had strong opinions on something.

No I wouldn't do anything with my cousins but I certainly wouldn't judge anyone else for what they get up to. It's their business, that's it. He without son cast the first stone and all of that.

And out of the crowd came a big rock.. Killed the hooker....!!!! And Jesus turned and sighed.... " Sometimes mother, you really annoy me...""

Now you're just making me larrrf.

Glasgow

"The risk of birth defects is actually lower for first cousins than women over 40.. or those that drink regular and even those that smoke.

The only except is if there is a inherited genetic issue..and your both from the side of the family carrying it...

If you do in depth research you can find those results.. however like when I first checked.. it seems to be a common misconception that your twice as likely to have problems"

If, as someone said above, the risk goes from 2% to 4% - that IS twice as likely.

Regardless of the %ages, why take the risk at all?

King's Crustacean

I'm still waiting for someone to mention the British Royal Family ...?

If it's good enough for them ...surely it's ...... ?

Glasgow

"I'm still waiting for someone to mention the British Royal Family ...?

If it's good enough for them ...surely it's ...... ?"

I did. Last night, in the context of European royal families, consanguinity and the need for fresh blood.

King's Crustacean

Are you reading a Vampire Trilogy ...?

If facial features are anything to go by Frogs and Horses figure largely in Royal goings on ...

I thought blood relatives was interbreeding and could lead to birth defects in children. thought it was second cousins as blood relatives is the same as sleeping with your sister??

Not got any cousins so quite safe on that front.

I wonder where donor insemination leaves this debate?

"The risk of birth defects is actually lower for first cousins than women over 40.. or those that drink regular and even those that smoke.

If you do in depth research you can find those results.. however like when I first checked.. it seems to be a common misconception that your twice as likely to have problems

If, as someone said above, the risk goes from 2% to 4% - that IS twice as likely.

Regardless of the %ages, why take the risk at all?"

Does that also mean you wouldn't have children with a lady over 40 (or even who drinks/smokes regularly)

Many religions marry their relatives including Muslims and it's considered normal practise...."

I think it's more a geographic phenomenon as Muslims across the arab region aren't particular about this practise... The Indian sub continent is a different matter..

Regardless of the %ages, why take the risk at all?"

It's actually the least .. and it doesn't go up to 2 to 4 % that's my point.. it is 1.5% risk.. which is lower than the risk of the over 40s, those that smoke and those that drink. And having a baby is a risk...

Having a child full stop can be a risk. Regardless if the people are related, over 40 etc. Some couples end up with children that have problems it's just life. Children that have problems are only given to special people in my opinion.

"Having a child full stop can be a risk. Regardless if the people are related, over 40 etc. Some couples end up with children that have problems it's just life. Children that have problems are only given to special people in my opinion. "

that cant be right.

V's sister has an autistic child, and she is a fcuking nightmare.

makes the child worse by stressing when he is having an episode.

Glasgow

"Having a child full stop can be a risk. Regardless if the people are related, over 40 etc. Some couples end up with children that have problems it's just life. Children that have problems are only given to special people in my opinion. "

That'll be the 21st century definition of special then.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

If you do in depth research you can find those results.. however like when I first checked.. it seems to be a common misconception that your twice as likely to have problems"

Wow I am very impressed you saw a geneticist before having children.

If you do in depth research you can find those results.. however like when I first checked.. it seems to be a common misconception that your twice as likely to have problemsWow I am very impressed you saw a geneticist before having children. "

I already had a child with disabilities so wanted to be as sure as I could.. they were great anf once pregnant I had several special scans to check for any problems early on.. including the nuchal fold scan..

"Having a child full stop can be a risk. Regardless if the people are related, over 40 etc. Some couples end up with children that have problems it's just life. Children that have problems are only given to special people in my opinion.

that cant be right.

V's sister has an autistic child, and she is a fcuking nightmare.

makes the child worse by stressing when he is having an episode."

. That's probably down to how she handles the child. My friend had a child with no cleft at all yet her previous children have had no problems at all.

Nottingham

"Gotta admit I got two cousins who are not attractive but fuckabke so although it's in the head yes I would ..

The deal isn't 'don't fuck them', the deal is 'don't breed with them'."

» Add a new message to this topic